Disney parks thread

Disney parks thread.
Sup Forums related edition

Other urls found in this thread:

kennythepirate.com/disney-world-character-schedules/character-interaction-ideas/
youtu.be/F5lfpd-vNfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hollywood Studios is unnecessarily confusing to navigate because all the maps force up to be north which orients the park diagonally which makes it difficult to make reference points.

Yeah, not as big a fan of how they have the maps adhere so much to the app maps now.

I haven't been to Hollywood Studios in years, is the Brown Derby still open and is it in ok shape?

Ask an user who 'helps' the Monsters at the Laugh Floor anything

been to WDW every year since 2011 and while I can easily navigate every other park, I still get lost in Hollywood Studios sometimes. Especially with all the construction going on right now

If you don't have a Disney pin collection, you're a loser

Is the World of Avatar any good? How well has it been doing number-wise so far?

Why'd you put quotes around helps? Do you jerk them off or something?

I think part of it is that you don't even really walk into very obvious worlds like a magic kingdom, they're just streets.

I hate these threads. Full of rich assholes. I will never go to Disney World or Disney Land. I'll probably never leave my shitty ass state again, as I only previously left it on school field-trips.

This shit is way too expensive. Always love seeing commercials on TV, with happy families, and they they drop a pricetag that's north of one grand. And that's not even covering travel expenses and food, or souvenirs.

for sure. "land"/area themeing in Hollywood Studios isn't really the best. All the street areas look really similar.

Hey my sexy elena edition was great
>tfw tiana calls you handsome

Literally the only reason I've gone to either park is that I know people in Florida and southern California, and leeched off them so I didn't have to pay for local transportation or board. That shit ends up being more expensive than airfare in some cases.

What's the best time of year to go? Least touristy, fewest patrons?

The month with the lowest crowds would probably be January. Everybody just finished the big holiday season, students return to school, & it can go below freezing in Florida.

I want to wait until star wars gets here

I've heard that even MLK Day is one of those holidays which increases park traffic, so perhaps don't plan to visit on the 14th-16th.

I never to got visit EPCOT before the changes

Every holiday/weekend increases traffic. However, I would think that Valentine's Day on a Tuesday would be more crowded than MLK Day (that's always on Monday).

>Favorite Park

>Favorite Land

>Favorite Attraction

>Favorite Restaurant

>Favorite Disney character

I must add that Disney does a damn good job of bringing guests in year-round. Even in January they have what I think is their biggest marathon.

There's no escaping the crowds. Disney keeps upping the price of admission & lodging, yet that obviously hasn't deterred park attendance.

We only got to have Breakfast, but Be Our Guest is so cool to be in.

>Favorite Park
overall, Hollywood Studios
>Favorite Land
World Showcase at Epcot. Germany or China.
>Favorite Attraction
Tower of Terror
>Favorite Restaurant
Yak and Yeti (Animal Kingdom, Asia section)
Buzz Lightyear, of course.

Do the American parks really live up to the hype? I've only ever been to the one in Paris and I always wanted to go to one of the American ones someday.

Walt Disney World (Florida, USA) puts every other park (including the original) to shame.

That'll change with the addition of Star Wars Land and Pixar Place expansion.

how do you decide which people to pick on?

any good stories of times it went wrong?

Do you like your job?

that 50s sci fi themed drive in restaurant is the best place to eat there.

Why the FUCK did they close tower of terror for some GOTG BS

Really should just be 4 areas:

-Classic Hollywood around the Chinese Theater, sub-area with Muppet avenue
-Star Wars
-Marvel
-Pixar

If you use the strategies to avoid the massive crowds (going early, going at right time of year, using fast pass) Orlando is far superior to foreign parks

But if you show up at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon in July and want to go on Space Mountain you're gonna have a bad time though. Swept away in a flood of screaming obese hispanic children, asians with phones who aren't looking where where they're going, and overheated muslim women in those total body black tarps

Conversely, showing up at park opening on a temperate post-labor day morning and hitting the big rides first then going fast pass for the remaining big rides, then going for the less popular stuff (i.e. hall of presidents) when the park gets busy, and you'll do great.

because Disneyland is for cucks.

Walt Disney World is the GOAT park. They will never sell out for quiplord marvel meme themes.

Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard (the entrance and area around Tower of Terror) are some of the best themed areas in WDW.

The "old hollywood" feel is fantastic and the ToT fits it perfectly.

Marvel could use its own area I agree. Perhaps a rebrand of Animation courtyard.

Muppet land will probably be on the chopping block I'm afraid.

it's because, as I understand, Tower of Terror just wasn't popular at Disneyland.

doesn't help that the California Adventure version was smaller, shorter, and had less to do with Twilight Zone than the original.

Acknowledging at least the latter, they decided to refurbish it.

I don't think Disney can do any marvel attractions in Florida due to Universal Orlando's Island of Adventure.

But I think they're free to do it in California, and thus another reason they changed out ToT in California Adventure for Guardians of the Galaxy; rumor has it that it's just to test the waters and see how a 'Marvel Land' would be received in California.

So far, it looks like it's being received well.

The aesthetic is great but even with the lights on the cars it's a little hard to see what you're eating.
I have a feeling I might have made a mess.

Do you want to die?

Is there something specific you have to do to get a lapdance or is it just luck?

I hear The Great Movie Ride will be closing for good due to a contract running out with TCM.

Maybe they can put the Star Wars stage show on in there

The exterior Chinese Theater will remain since they recently started using it for their night show

When are they gonna put Trump in the hall of presidents?

Looks like it will be ready for June 29

So I chickened out of Mission Space and went on easy mode.
What's the difference between hard and easy for a lightweight pansy like me that had a freak out on test track?

kennythepirate.com/disney-world-character-schedules/character-interaction-ideas/

>Ask the Step Sisters which is the pretty one.
>Ask Aurora if Philip is a good kisser.
>Stand behind Captain Hook and go tick tock, tick tock or call him a codfish.
>Propose marriage to Daisy or ask for a kiss.
>Tell Daisy she does not need Donald, she can have you.
>sk Donald why he doesn’t have as much stuff in the parks as Mickey.
>Tell Eeyore “I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you there.”
>Tell Mickey that Donald is 1 to you.
>Tell Mickey that you are going to propose to Minnie since he has waited so long.
>Ask Piglet why there is bacon on the buffet at Crystal Palace

I can't wait to hear about the drama that happens.
>Sup Forums will throw a MAGA hat onto the trump animatronic like a ring toss
>people will be trying to vandalise it
>pretty soon somebody is gonna steal it and recreate that decapitated trump art thing

Yeah it really seems like Disney is stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to not wanting to stir controversy and also having to honor every president.
Last I heard Trump was going to be there but he just wasn't going to say or do anything.

>ask Gaston to practice appropriate firework handling practices

Toontown in Anaheim isn't being leveled for Star Wars land, right? Yeah, I know it's all kid attractions that have already been cucked by changes related to safety measures. But the bad end scenario of Who Framed Roger Rabbit would become real if they bulldozed it for new stuff, and that's depressing as hell.

What's the best food to eat at at any Disney park, Sup Forums?

German Sachertorte at EPCOT for me, probably the best chocolate cake in the world for that matter.

I wish I could have eaten around Epcot some more but that day we kind of got a mild heat stroke and had to go back to the hotel.
And then we went back for the fireworks and the smoke got in our eyes.
You can barely see that tiny globe in the water anyway.

I live down the street from Disneyland
I like seeing the fireworks every night
haven't been since I was a little kid though

Don't try and fit two adults in an Astro orbiter.

Gee, a Marvel themed section of a theme park would be popular? Who would've fucking guessed?
It's almost as if there's an existing one that you could just look at all of the people funneling into and say "Yup, they like it."
It's definitely more of an assured success than Avatar.

>he just wasn't going to say or do anything
youtu.be/F5lfpd-vNfc

The plan is a new Mickey Mouse ride. Even though GMR's the perfect thesis statement for the park even post-overhaul and that Studios needs more capacity then what the new rides will give it.

> a large part of enjoyment of themeparks for me is looking over at whatever friend I'm with and seeing them have a good time too
>went to a theme park alone once, no joy only lonliness
>move to southern california
>oh shit themeparks everywhere
>make friends
>all of them got spoiled so much as kids with themeparks that they find themeparks boring and a waste of money

That's a dude in a costume... Not to bag on women but they can't handle heat

What part? By which theme park?

do you have to listen to a 40 seconds music loop all day like in that curb your enthusiasm episode?

I want to meet the girls who get to play these characters

>Favorite Park
Disneyland
>Favorite Land
The World Showcase. Cheating, I know.
>Favorite Attraction
Expedition Everest
>Favorite Restaurant
Damn this one is hard because they change up so much. Probably Beirgarten in Germany because I have a lot of good memories there.
Elsa

>how do you decide which people to pick on?
Depends. Basic rule of thumb is pick somebody who looks like they are having a good time & understands English.

>any good stories of times it went wrong?
A few months ago Two Head came out with no eyeballs so they looked terrifying.

>Do you like your job?
Yeah

>Do you want to die?
My work here in not completed but if you want to be an hero be my guest.

>do you have to listen to a 40 seconds music loop all day like in that curb your enthusiasm episode?
The music at my venue is fine, pity the poor bastards as Small World.

>A few months ago Two Head came out with no eyeballs so they looked terrifying.
I'm assuming it's a pre-rendered CGI character on a screen, right? Did they ever figure out what caused it?

>What's the best food to eat at at any Disney park, Sup Forums?

Honestly it's highly dependent on what kind of food you like.

But everyone finds something at epcot.

Random glitch

Was there ever an audience member that made the crew running the show backstage laugh? Something a smart-ass adult or little kid said?

>With Disneyland's Tom Sawyer Island open again, there's new viewpoints of the Rivers of America update's progress
>The supports for one of the Disneyland Railroad new trestles looks like it's been chewed up by beavers

I think I have a new favorite thing on the Riverboat ride once they install those fake beavers

Oh yeah. People have said some weird shit. I only started a few years ago but the old timers have told me all kinds of stories.

Like?

>Favorite Park
Epcot. Animal Kingdom at a second.

I like Disney more for their world building aesthetics/engineering works rather than the characters themselves. ('characters' in costumes freak me the fuck out)

>Favorite Land

Since everyone's going for the world showcase, I'm going to go dinoland because of how many memories I made there as a kid.

>Favorite Attraction
The haunted mansion (the older version) is up there. The dinosaur ride is decent too though expedition everest is a better ride (and the new flight of passage in pandora supposedly. I'm exited to get on that one)

>Favorite Restaurant

Hard to say. I've been to a lot and I've generally liked all of them, even food I don't particularly like.

Not really the best 'disney' character but Milo Thatch . I have a soft spot for those kinds of characters.

I was told on the very first show, the very first guest said his occupation was an "ANAL-list".

Happily Ever After > Fantasmic > Rivers of Light > IllumiNations

Put Fantasmic at the bottom. WDW's version is embarassingly dated compared to Disneyland's and it's loaded with filler.

Not strictly related, but does anyone have pics from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

tfw merida asks you if you like redheads

Star Wars Land in Anaheim is being built in the section of backstage space between Fantasyland and Frontierland; Toontown is safe for now.

Tobias Funke?

>Toontown is safe for now.
By 2025 or 2030 it will be gone. They will either expand Tomorrowland or Fantasyland on ToonTown's former location.

Mrs. Incredible is played by a dude, user. Same thing with Jessie

Hey as a kigurumi performer, that's fine by me. I'll just meet Mrs. Incredible.

I didn't realize what a shitty view you get at the top of the one in DisneyLand. When Rocket launches the elevator up and you can peek out and he says "Is that DisneyLand? THATS SO COOL!" it looks like a shitty back lot of an airport or something. The view at World is much better isn't it?

The Bananas Foster flambe at the Ohana in the Polynesian Resort

It's the best goddamn thing I've ever had in my life.

Agreed, kind of sucks they only display previews for old movies instead of actual old movies though.

Sucks these two were only used for one promotion. The Joy suit is really good.

I can't speak for what the actual view of hollywood is like, but the entire thesis of disneyworld is to have lots of open space so any given view from within the park is just of the park.

>Favorite Park

Tie between Disney Land and Animal Kingdom

>Favorite Land

Adventureland

>Favorite Attraction

Indiana Jones ride

>Favorite Restaurant

The place where you can get gumbo

Tick Tock Croc

Why?

I wish there was a way to match me up with Disneyfags who would be willing to split the cost of a hotel room with me. I only went to Disney once, and I was too young to remember much. I just watch videos on YouTube.

you can meet them at epcot on a daily basis

Time for me to get to Disneyland again, then. Damn Canada.

epcot is disney world

T-time to get to Disneyworld. Damn Canada.

Apparently, the protocol is to get the President to record something specific for their animatronic. I assume that's how it's been since the Hall of Presidents opened, but the White House hasn't responded to requests for Trump's recording.

what went wrong?