Wolverine Claws debate

Can we finally settle the score? What are the superior Wolverine claws? How should they be drawn?

Over the knuckles? Between the knuckles? Blades? Knives? Skinny pokers?

>Over the knuckles? Skinny pokers?
This and this.

How they come out depends on the angle he keeps in hand at.
He could have the claw come out like Assassin's Creed hidden blades if he wanted tp

I thought he couldn't do that.

In fact i remember reading something that said otherwise.

Well, I mean, how do the claws come out, period? What's the trigger? What's the "lever" he pulls to get them to come out? Obviously it's some muscle in the forearm or wrist or hand, but which one?

There was a diagram from the movies that showed that not only do they come put from between his knuckles, they shove his bones out of the way to do it.

I like it when they're rather thick and come out between the knuckles.

>that subtle reference to Floating Hands' Newfoundland Wolverine

Only if he's drunk.

Damn, beat me to it.

That was from a weird X-ray scene during the bonding process featured in X-Men Origins.

Bottom right corner is the most correct one. The movie claws are awful

>watch wolvie in nippon movie
>gets his claws chopped off to knuckles
>fuck is he ever retracts those they're never coming out again
>lol no they just disappear
Bravo nolan.

>Over the knuckles? Between the knuckles? Blades? Knives? Skinny pokers?
over the knuckles and blades

Over the knuckles, blade style. None of that between-the-knuckles noise from the movies. I mean, it works there, but it's kind of annoying when I see modern artists draw them that way.

His bone claws grew out of the stumps, remember? Still, it was kind of weird you can't see the metal bits in the stinger. I just chalked it up to the FX department not caring for such a small scene that would ultimately be overlooked anyway.

I figured the metal foundations were a tribute to the old look he had of the blade holes being armored.

A lot of artists fuck up the between the knuckles thing and just make it look like he holding the blades in his fingers like some kind of Naruto character. Curved blades from the top of his hand all day er'day for me.

To completely remove the metal from his claws they would have to pull them out entirely.
Just cutting most of them off still leaves the metal stumps, and if he retracts those the bone claws may regenerate but extending them would be like anal with a square stick of iron.

>and if he retracts those the bone claws may regenerate but extending them would be like anal with a square stick of iron.
It's Wolverine. I doubt he gives a fuck about pain.

Yeah, all the yelling and screaming is just to set the mood.

I got the impression that the claws grew back from the stumps within the metal stumps, not that he grew another pair underneath them. It's kind of hard to tell, he metal stumps disappear in between scenes as if he retracted them, but completely disappear when the bone claws grow back.

I like these, over the knuckles

Supposedly there's a few muscles in the forearm that contract to bring them out. They shouldn't come out anywhere but between his meta carpals and proximal phalanges. They're supposed to be like organic animal claws, so they work kinda like that.