Are there any comic reviewers out there who actually talk about something other than capeshit or manga?

Are there any comic reviewers out there who actually talk about something other than capeshit or manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

deconstructingcomics.com/?cat=3
youtube.com/channel/UCYJAToPH5GSGShP7Yoc3jsA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trying to start a CA thread, are you? HMMMMMMMM?!

If you're hipster enough to read non capeshit, you're hipster enough to find a reviewer

Noncape readers are so hipster, they don't even have a name for the genre of books they read. They can only call it "noncape"

"Indie" isn't entirely accurate because books like Walking Dead aren't indipendent.

There are but its mostly women talking about things like Saga, Paper Girls, and Giant Days.

I do reviews for like 3 years and want to make more reviews for unknown comics and webcomics, but I don't have or can't get many subs, so I can't break from the Marvel/DC/Popular comics shithole that attracts people.

You're problem is that you can't get views and you're worried about doing videos that won't get views?

Riiser's Webcomic Relief

Webcomics aren't real comics fuck off

I agree. If a tree isn't sacrificed then it lacks all artistic merit.

Interesting point about the term "Indie."
However, I think the phrase still kind of holds. After all, independent just refers to anyone not DC or Marvel.

what if they're printed?
Maybe next OP could specify the precise inclusion criteria.
Here's another reviewer of sequential art:
deconstructingcomics.com/?cat=3

tcj although they mostly host interviews these days, still a good resource for finding new comics though

It's techniqual conundrum.
One one side, I can post my videos on different places and more people will see them
On the other side, all my reviews from indie companies, shared my review from their twitter, but it didn't raise my views at all.
It's hard to decide.

sleepyreader666, but he also includes superhero stuff

>old fart
No thanks

>wanting somebody young and inexperienced over someone seasoned who actually knows wtf he's talking about.

>Comic strips aren't real comics

Great one graphic novel fag

>more people will see them
If barely anyone's looking at them now then who cares? Just learn to SEO better and make sure you hit the three weekly video minimum.

Are there any comic reviewers out there who actually talk about something other than a summary of what happens in the comic and their generalized subjective opinion of it?

No really. Point me to someone who talks about themes, syntax, panel composition, contrast, etc.

If they knew any of that shit they would be making comics instead of staring cow-eyed into a camera.

If comics were respected and the breadth of content that sells was more diverse, you'd see people like novel and film critics (who incidentally shy away from studying "childish" work more often than not, fancy that) who study and analyze the media without making it themselves.

But you're right. Everyone who gives enough of a shit already makes comics.

youtube.com/channel/UCYJAToPH5GSGShP7Yoc3jsA

TCJ as mentioned above