Whedon's proposed Wonder Woman script

Well fuck me, I'm terrified for how Justice League will turn out now with him at the helm.

indiegroundfilms.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/wonder-woman-aug7-07-joss-whedon.pdf

Someone want to post a summary?

You should.
I hope the seven samurai backbone of the movie is still there and the only thing whedon. Will film are the extra escenes

He basically made it a Steve Trevor movie

>seven samurai backbone
>seven
>he thinks Green Lantern will be anything more than a cameo if one shows up at all

>Whedon works for Marvel
>OMG BEST FILMMAKER EVER
>Whedon works for DC
>OMG WORST FILMMAKER EVER

I want to fuck a Jap in Whiteface
Also I thought Age of Ultron was lame as shit

That sort of shitposting only works on a universe whee Age of Ultron doesn't exist, Dimension-Hopper-user.

>I thought Age of Ultron was lame as shit
Before or after Whedon bashing became the new fashion?

DCfriends are in turmoil right now, as their Director's Cut Extended Universe is now in the hands of talent respected by non-autists, and Rotten Tomatoes is suddenly relevant again with Yaaas Queen movie. They are winning by becoming everything they've aspired to hate.

Before, no one left that movie happy, everyone went in expecting one thing and came out with a different taste in their mouth, even my brother who's the biggest MCUfag ever agrees it was pretty bad.

>Guys be sure to check out my blog where you can actually read Whedon's Wonder woman script!

>Before it was cool
Fixed.

Whedon bashing is the result of people thinking AoU was god awful, not the other way around.

user, are you okay? Using decade old memes is a sign of a head injury or a deep psychological damage.

It has a very positive audience score. Admittedly it had an impossible hype level after The Avengers, but it satisfied audiences, who came back in droves for Avengers 2.5.

>Me, my brother and "everyone I ever heard from" hated it
This never fails to crack me up.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here but are you somehow trying to tell me you thought Age of Ultron was a good movie?

Before, obviously?

Quicksilver got shot to death. That is by far the laziest and dumbest way to kill a speedster I've ever seen. It's Wally running onto Slade's sword dumb

Scarlet Witch and Quickslav were interesting and effective
Veronica vs Hulk was fun
Vision was an excellent introduction
I have no problem with an Ultron who isn't a REEEEEEEEing metal jack-o-lantern. I say that as someone who's been reading Avengers comic books longer than you've been breathing.

It has a few issues, I don't like how the Norns scene was edited and I don't think it's on the level of the Avengers films that bookend it, but I find it pretty enjoyable, yes.

Why is he so sexist?

I think that guy(using the term loosely) is a double douche because I heard he throws hissy fits in public. Not because I dislike any of his movies. Prima donnas deserve some shit rubbed in their faces every now and then, no matter how good/talented they get.

I want them to bring back their Quicksilver by way of doing a High Evolutionary plotline, and they make him faster or some such. Locking him into experiencing the world at super speed as he tries to slow down to interact with it.

I want him "ressurrected" for Avengers 5 by Zola as Whirlwind of the Masters of Evil.

BOTH sides of the Whedon Bashing phenomenon are fascinating to me because they're both what-have-you-done-for-me-lately's who don't remember how wildly inconsistent Whedon's been his whole career, before he ever did an Avengers film.

For ever Firefly or Dr. Horrible, there's a fucking Dollhouse. For every Season 5 of Angel there's...all the other seasons of Angel.

The Diana in this script reads more like a reckless teanage girl than a warrior with a firm moral compass.

What the fuck, all of Steve's dialogue sounds like he's still writing for an anachronistic cowboy played by Nathan Fillion.

Fun fact: Nathan Fillion actually voiced Steve in the animated 2009 wonder woman film.

>Ganondorf
Am I the only one who thinks Artemis bears an uncanny resemblance to the Gerudo? Dark skinned redhead, desert dwelling warrior chick... Am I just seeing shit that ain't there?

I thought Age of Ultron was an improvement over Avengers, except Avengers was a complete piece of shit. Mainly Whedon made characters like Cap and Hawkeye actually useful but god I wish he didn't try to make Black Widow useful.

>dark skinned

>first time Diana encounters a gun
>she successfully gets shot point blank in the chest and passes out.

Sounds legit.

>Firefly
I like that this show forever earned the enmity of Sup Forums solely because of a few superficial resemblances to Outlaw Star.

Well if they renamed Sup Forums to /i/ for "Irrelevant", the only people who'd notice are the 3 kids who'd be mad the Oekaki board is gone.

Blame Wright, had he actually done his proper shit and not delayed Ant-Man up until 2015, Wasp would have been the lead female Avenger.

They should let Azz do it

He knows WW well and he did a good job with that Killing Joke movie

>superficial resemblances
I'd hardly call a retread of the entire fucking story "superficial"

Never hurt Bebop's popuarity.

Is this a joke?

Ultron came out of nowhere with zero real explanation for his existence
The farm scene completely killed the momentum
Hulk/Widow romance was the worst possible idea to keep the two relevant
Thor took a powder for half the movie to look in a mud puddle

For everything not so terrible, there are three terrible things in that movie

>Yaaas Queen Movie

Captain Marvel came out already?

You have Captain America: The First Avenger and The Winter Soldier in the wrong order.

>Ultron came out of nowhere with zero real explanation for his existence
They spend a large part of the movie explaining his existence thoroughly.
>The farm scene completely killed the
>Hulk/Widow romance was the worst possible idea to keep the two relevant
This is why you don't listen to the fanbase, who wanted development for both characters. Not Whedon's fault that he was forced to use two agents instead of Giant-Man and the Wasp.
>Thor took a powder for half the movie to look in a mud puddle
He left at the start of the overlong Farm Scene, and came back when that stuff was resolved.

The Avengers comic used to have Thor piss off to Asgard for whole arcs because he was too OP. There weren't any moments where Thor was heavily missed, it's a long movie with a big, big cast.

>I want him "ressurrected" for Avengers 5 by Zola as Whirlwind of the Masters of Evil.
This is a good idea.

The girlfriend barely has any respect for my organizing, and she digs Evans.

Is that shelf supposed to be some sort of statement of good taste? Because you have both Despicable Mes, Fant4stic and Howard the fucking Duck in that shelf. Also "I've been reading Avengers for decades" is hardly a badge of objective critical thinking, AoU's shortcomings weren't superficial, the plot was a genuine clusterfuck filled with Whedon's worst mannerisms shining like a beacon.

then what is the explanation of ultron's existence then? beyond popping out of the cosmic cube, where did his AI come from?

No, it's supposed to be a statement of "I have seen everything in the cape genre, and own all that are available on Blu Ray". My Super-Ex Girlfriend would never be mistaken as a statement of good taste.

Neither was my long readership of Avengers intended to convey "critical thinking" (?).

Is your post meant to convey a shitty lack of comprehension and a general poor attitude?

>beyond popping out of the cosmic cube

What?

Do you watch Tarantino films and afterwards complain about how "Tarantino" they are?
Do you feel smarter afterwards?

I legit don't understand this statement, user, are you having a stroke because that made no sense whatsoever.

Reading your posts, I think I have discovered the issue here; you are just a really, really stupid person.
I don't fault you for that. It's just going to be impossible to carry on any kind of conversation with you.

Catwoman? That movie is objectively bad! Anyone who enjoys it is dumb! Anyone who buys it is my enemy! Prepare yourself.

sorry meant infinity stone

It's interesting that it got a Blu Ray release, but WB has avoided doing the same with Supergirl and Steel. Along with Blankman and Son of the Mask, those are just about the only theatrically released Cape films still not on Blu Ray.
Most recently I had to get an Aussie version of Dolph Punisher with a region 1 coding.

>recognizing the traits of writers and how they can show up across different projects

What's wrong with this exactly?

>Whedon
>At the helm of Justice League

Prepare for the DCEU to win the Superhero Moviebowl and Rotten Tomatoes to APOLOGIZE

Whedon was hired to do Avengers movies because the studio liked how he did team interaction/banter in the action genre.

Of course he directs the actors in the style for which he is famous and for which he was hired.
What's going to be interesting is what he will inject into the Justice League, as he and Snyder are diametrically opposite in style, especially when it comes to actors.

You must have missed the last couple of weeks.
the DCEU finally put out a non-awful film, and it got props from critics. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't review films.

>Whedon was hired to do Avengers movies because the studio liked how he did team interaction/banter in the action genre.
>Of course he directs the actors in the style for which he is famous and for which he was hired.

And? It doesn't excuse the poor writing nor the fact that it takes the worst Whedon has to offer (shitty quips) and amps it up to 11. Did we really need redo the "puny God" gag with Ultron?

On the plus side, your Contrarian Cred is through the roof.
How hard is it to attend films and stridently resist enjoying them? Do you actually pay and grimace alone in theaters, or do you torrent them and then spend your week expounding on how much they offended you?

Your Full Spectrum is far more interesting than anything else going on in this thread.

You bring up a point that ought to be addressed. Team interaction. In every JL thing I've ever read, I never got the sense that these people were anything other than co-workers. Nothing wrong with that of course, but not terribly interesting. I'm actually kind of looking forward to an iteration of the Justice League that actually act like friends for once.

>On the plus side, your Contrarian Cred is through the roof.

Thinking Ultron is a mediocre movie is hardly a contrarian opinion.

>How hard is it to attend films and stridently resist enjoying them? Do you actually pay and grimace alone in theaters, or do you torrent them and then spend your week expounding on how much they offended you?

Really? I give you my opinion on one movie and you jump straight to this bullshit? My apologizes to your brittle ego, I'll remember that the next time I interrupt some morons jerk off session. Christ all mighty.

It's gotta be pretty easy when the film is as unentertaining as AoU.

>takes the worst he has to offer, and amps it up to 11
>Mediocre

So you thought it was incredibly bad, or you thought it was mediocre?

It's really hard to tell when you contradict yourself every other post. Maybe you should practice giving your opinion with a little less drama and hyperbole? I'll give you a second to look up hyperbole, since you throw around words like mediocre with no clear understanding of the term beyond it's "buzzword" significance.

>Maybe you should practice giving your opinion with a little less drama and hyperbole?

Nah, especially not when it's casual bullshit on the internet that immediately gets morons jumping down my throat. Lets face it, you from post one had no interest in any sort of nuanced discussion about any of this. That you've basically been reduced to picking posts apart with no interest whatsoever in their greater point is proof enough. And you suggesting I'm dramatic? Eat my ass.

Steven Trevor and the gang call Wonder Woman a slut, a bitch and a whore for 1:30. Occasional explosions in the background.

Well that's what they made anyway without him.

Is "Whedon is a poor writer" really a contrarian opinion these days? The man can't keep tonal consistency worth a damn, he carried over all his writer mannerism from his TV days over to his movie days and they don't translate all that well. Not to mention he has a very glaring issue where he has to keep everything "hopeful" and I don't mean hopeful as in "the movie's theme is hope" I mean "Hopeful" because he doesn't like to add the sensation of hopelessness in his works and in return all his plots lack a certain amount of weight to them, the villains walk around in a threatening manner and say threatening things just so it can feel even better when they're treated as a joke by almost literally everyone, none of his plots give any sense of urgency because he enjoys far too much to play it safe. His style of writing just doesn't fit the movie format becasue he doesn't know how to work with such a limited amount of time

>new composer that has phoned it in for the last decade
>2 months of reshoots
>at least one set being built is in gotham

I'm 100% ready for shoe horned batgirl, who is fucking batman

Like the real movie?

>The man can't keep tonal consistency worth a damn
God damn mother fucking THIS. Every time he starts to establish a decent mood, he fucking kills it one way or another (most notably with fucking quips) and the story suffers for it.

He tells stories like a guy around a campfire who's too afraid to actually tell a spooky story, so he keeps injecting bits of humor into it where it's really out of place.

>"Heh, heh, okay, so there's, ah, there was this couple parked underneath a bridge on the edge of town. Oh, wait, they're lesbians. Did I mention that? Yeah, they're lesbians. Anyway, they're sitting in the car and makin-er, I mean, listening to the radio while holding each others hands, they're listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, when all of a sudden 'Maps' gets interrupted with a news story about a serial killer on the loose, though really if they're that close to town they would see cop cars driving all over the place looking for the killer, who has a hook for a hand. Keep that in mind, it's gonna be important. So the girls decide to head home, but the car doesn't want to start. Something's wrong with the engine or the starter or something, I honestly don't know anything about cars. Anyway, the girl who owns the car opens the hood and goes to check it out. The other girl inside starts hearing a scratching sound on the side of the car, and she figures it's the killer. It is, but don't worry, neither of them die. Right as she's about to roll down the window and tell her girlfriend to come inside, which is silly considering she thinks there's a killer out there, her girlfriend comes back and starts the car no problem. So they drive home, and when they get out of the car they see a hook hanging from the door handle! It was the killer she was hearing, it wasn't her imagination! Sorry, I hope I didn't spook you guys too much."

I don't understand why people dislike AoU. It's better than the first Avengers, at least instead of everyone being a quip machine it falls to Tony and Ultron to do that.

His Wonder Woman script proves that he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that character. Remember that WW is the most successful character now, so having him on board is a mistake.

In my honest opinion, Age of Ultron just seemed so BLAND. The Avengers took itself lightly, and that worked for it. This film, however, just took itself way too seriously. Not a bad film, just a generic one.

I think the best way to describe it is that The Avengers took themselves too seriously but Ultron never gave the impression of a threat that needed to be taken seriously and as a result the whole conflict had a jarring tone.

Could be worse. At least it wasn't the original Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles script.

The horrors....

>I think the best way to describe it is that The Avengers took themselves too seriously
Which has carried over to many of the MCU films, and most of them suffer for it.

This is partly why Guardians of the Galaxy has been received so well, it's not trying to be anything other than some generally lighthearted fun. Yes, there are moments of tension and moments of sadness, but on the whole it's about a group of friends dealing with insane threats and coming out stronger because of it.

Civil War is the antithesis of this, because we're expected to enjoy the Avengers, a group of heroes who have worked together to save the world multiple times, being at each others throats over what essentially amounts to petty bullshit. If the Guardians are a family having fun together, the Avengers in Civil War are a family going through shitty personal drama, and there is not a goddamn person on the planet who likes watching he-said-she-said family drama.

Why? it's allbeen shot and it's to late to make significant changes to the script

I want it

Snyder has "shot" action sequences of the characters in costume, character introduction scenes (expect these to be heavily edited/reshot/added upon) and there's certain to be a mountain of dimly lit CGI fightan.

It's Whedon's job to create moments where the heroes actually seem human, and not sheepish about talking to one another in costume (a [peeve of Snyder's). Essentially Whedon will make the League likeable to non-autists. Even Gal has got to be charismatic, there's no Pine to carry her through this one, and Affleck and Cavill added together don't equal Chris Pine's screen magnetism and charm.

The CGI is all being worked on, Whedon could reshoot half of the non-fightan scenes with the months he has left.

They could even make Cyborg not look like shit in that amount of time.

As soon as I saw that image, I was about to post "Grandstanding for Glory 4 never", but then I actually checked and realized it was released recently. It was totally worth the wait.

What was this thread about again?

He cant because these actors have other works.
And it takes hours to get even 10 mins of usable footage.
You are overestimating the reshoots.

>He cant because these actors have other works.

Ben is out of rehab and isn't slated for anything before presumably Batman solo film. His magnum opus cratered badly enough to put WB 50 million in the hole over it. You can bet your ass that he's gonna jump when the check-writers snap their fingers.

Gal Gadot has nothing announced but more DC comic movies.

Cavill is filming, but he's dead in most of the picture anyway. No one else has a career at all. Mamoa is fiddling around with an Aquaman movie that largely hinges on how he's perceived in his introduction in League.

None of these guys are A-Listers, Affleck is practically washed up. They gots lots of time to reshoot the biggest movie they will ever likely star in.

Go ahead and look up their IMDB's if you need a laugh.
The only thing they are busy doing is praying that Justice League ignites their careers.

You dont just turn on a camera and shot a movie.
Again you are harping on stupid logic that just doesnt happen. There is way more shit involved that they cant do in this time slot. Why do you think most movies with this level of effects is shot so far in advance.

Angel was hardly Whedon. And the first two seasons were pretty great.

Have you read Morrison's JLA?
Generally though, the friendships are divvied up. You have Bruce and Clark who are very close, and Diana as their third wheel, Barry and Hal somewhat separate from the rest as the greatest male friendship in comics, Aquaman as a loner, and MM as the glue that holds it together.

And yet Cabin in the Woods is pretty good.

It was a comedy movie not horror of course it was good. I don't get what point you're trying to make, the whole point of Cabin in the Woods is that it wasn't supposed to be scary.

It shows that Whedon can keep tonal consistency. Cabin in the Woods was very dark comedy, verging on horror. He's certainly hit-or-miss, but absolutes like that don't really hold true.

So what can we expect him to add to JL besides quips and Diana being a strong womyn who don't need no man?

Cowboy Bebop takes the Characters from Lupin III and puts them in a radically different situation. The tone is also completely different.

Firefly has nearly identical characters, the same situation and tone, and borrows a scene or two shot for shot.

They're all three episodic space westerns with a sideplot about harboring an unnaturally skilled young girl.

Whedon's just finishing up Justice League, it's Batgirl you should be worried about

>nearly identical characters

You lost me on this one. Firefly's cast is like twice the size of Outlaw Star's and Fillion doesn't fall in love with the naked tube girl.

>two seconds into the script
>already has quips out the ass

>Angel was hardly Whedon.

Oh really? So Connor and Jasmine were whose fault then?

>e Age of Ultron doesn't exist
Age of Ultron is Great.

For free or for a fee mousekeeper?