Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93112916/

Last time:

-Talked about Mr. Mellow
-Talked about Stretcherous VS Ma'm Aries
-New pics (Rocket Boy now has visual representation)
-Updates on The Lovely Ladybug Summer Special

Not much else since the thread was pretty dead.

How does Colette get herself into those situations?

Luck?

I like to think it's not a situation exclusive to her, it's just that we see her in that situation more than we see the others.

>collette looks sad/scared

THIS ISN'T SEXY AT ALL

No one knows your kinks better than yourself.

Anyway, magi mentioned last night that he has some new Rocket Boy pics to post, so if anyone involved with that is lurking, there's your incentive to keep the thread up.

And here's an unrelated Tersia Summers pic.

That's like the only time anything is ever sexy.

Well bump.

We need more Summer /coc/ material. There's a lot to mine from a beach setting.

Like Jetpack Viking getting buried up to his neck in sand and getting a sand sculpture made around him.

Hmmm...

Makes me think I should start working on the next arc of the Aqua Coalition (of Super Friends).

We never did do much with her, not even sure if I have her business collected in a text file anywhere.

I do remember what it was though.

They tend to find her really.

How many scrapbooks does Tats have full of Colette being tied up or molested?

Just one. One dedicated scrapbook.

She has another dedicated scrapbook full of all the other supers who have ended up in that situation before as well.

Imagine there is a small section dedicated to her and Stretcherous.

I don't know what it is about characters who can take off their heads, but I've always liked it. I think this is why I used keep doodling zombie ladies in high school.

That helmet design is cool, too.

Tersia being able to take off her head is something new, well, new-ish. It was first mentioned maybe a month or two ago.

Seems the Summers family attracts curses since the oldest is suffering from a banshee curse.

I think we only have two dullahan-like characters in the setting so far, the other being Chicken Divine, who takes her head off some times and uses it as a weapon because of that big beak she wears.

I'm excited to see some new Rocket Boy!

Very surprising how dead the thread was last week. Fastest I've seen in a while

It comes and goes in waves. Threads tend to be faster with more new content and slower when it's just people waiting around for something new.

/aco/ wanted this but you get it first.

Also I've been meaning to do more GG stuff since her birthday is this month but my health and real life have been kicking my ass. However, I did find enough energy to do this, as I've been meaning to for a while as the original design was kinda lazy and didn't have a lot of thought put into it.

Good work. I like it

Oh, I am loving this! Fantastic redesign!

Shame hearing that real life hasn't been so hot. Hope things improve.

>the original design was kinda lazy and didn't have a lot of thought put into it.
It good to have that self-awareness , but it's even better when you come back to it, and you revamp it like this. This is excellent.

This is good shit, man. I love it.

Can you do request? Because i would like to see Audrey dressed as Jungle Girl

Did anything come out for that cheesecake girl?

Origin: Made by Kid Cookie when he messed with magic (cooking item/ book goes here)

Power: Depending on what flavoring is in her, she has different stat boosts.

Other than that, nada.

Hey Guys. Back from work, finally.

I'm abit lost. I'm not sure what to do. I feel like I should stick to editing Rage Racer but I also feel this could be done better and get more feedback if I tried drafting pages. Not sure what to do.

Draft some pages.

The only way to know is to do.

Well that's unfortunate.

The redesign looks good. So she's totally stoic when the glamor is up?

"Evilette" should be scary!

Dare I ask what's behind RB?

How did this happen?

We were talking about some sort of space mentor for golden girl. After some discussion we created rocket boy

Very carefully.

sorry totally missed what you wrote
It's ufbovine, space cow

Amazing work as always, man!

With Briana involved? Probably not.

Has CosCru guy checked in recently?

Like... this year?

No, haven't seen him since last year, during September I think.

That's a shame. His stuff was always interesting... I was hoping he'd have kept in touch, even if he didn't have time to add pages to his story.

He might come back one day, it's not the first time he's gone silent for an extended period of time.

He was active back in 2011 (I think) then vanished until 2015 (I think) when he first started getting the Cosmic Crusaders plot organized.

What I'm getting at is this is not his longest absence.
He tends to appear suddenly and without warning.

I just imagined a fight between them and a scene where they're grabbing each other and Briana starts to crush her gauntlets like Thor and Iron Man in Avengers.

Nah.

Bri is STRONK, but Sup Forumslette has ZERO POINT ENERGY.

Literally that thing Syndrome does in The Incredibles.

If she grabs something with the gauntlets, that thing is now immobile and light as a feather to her.

Everyone always forgets this.

Well, there's always Bri's giant gun. Plus even if she had gravity manipulation powers I've never seen it described as like Syndrome's in writing or comics.

These days it only does this if the things are in direct contact with something.

It's how Sup Forumslette seems to have super strength.

I think this really sort of deserves discussion. Colette powers should be really ironed out because as such, even if he disregard the notion of zero-point (since that comic you posted is based around gravity powers), gravity powers in and of themselves are pretty robust and powerful. How do the gauntlets control gravity, what are their limits, how does it affect targets, etc. For example, in that comic she states the the man is frozen due to gravitational potential energy, but if they're at ground level that absolutely wouldn't work, plus she doesn't even come in contact with him

I would say that the gauntlets should be able to adjust gravitational fields, but only for the gauntlets themselves. I say this because she could use the gauntlets to make themselves super heavy and give the illusion of super strength and devastating punches, but even if she reduced the field of say, a car, to zero, she still wouldn't be able to lift because what makes the car heavy is the EARTH'S gravitational field. She can stop bullets by making the gravitational field around the gauntlets super heavy, thus when they come in range they just fall to the ground. All this doesn't explain how she herself is not affected and crushed by the fields.

The gauntlets should provide, at the very least, some sort of protection for the rest of her exposed body.

Just have it so they generate a field that extends around her body.

It took her forever the figure out how to actually use the gauntlets and their functionality varied wildly during that time.

So say she's covered in a force field, one she can extend, but only from the gauntlets generating it.

Well this also presents a quandary. If she can manipulate the gauntlets field to stop bullets, which I think she should be able to, she pretty much has the ability to make herself invincible, or at least untouchable, by kinetic weapons or abilities. An invincible superhero is kind of boring. What if the gauntlets had a power meter that needs to be recharged? That way, she can use them to protect herself in a firefight, but doing so drains the power for the gauntlets a lot considering how much gravity you would need to do that. She has a sort of "normal" mode that gives her normal abilities, and can increase power to suit her needs. Once the power runs out, the gauntlets cease to function.

You know there's only so much damage they can deflect and they offer no protection from radiation, heat, cold, electricity, poison gas, and plenty of other things.

Sure but how many /coc/ villains actually have those powers? Even considering all that, gravity can influence energy, even non-kinetic energy. Doing so would require a tremendous amount of power, but it can be done. Are you saying that would be beyond the level of Colette gauntlets? I would support this.

Motion has kind of the same problem, which is why she has so many elemental and otherwise non-physical rogues.

Could explain why Colette's commonly pitted against enemies with mental abilities.

Well then, since the gauntlet's powers are so nebulous, there's the other option of just moving away from the gravity powers entirely and just making them pieces of advanced tech. Blasts ala Iron Man, super strength, and a force field to deflect bullets would give her what she needs and still allow for exciting physical punching matches plus some ranged attacks. This, in my opinion, is the best option since it really just clears all the clutter away from a more exotic powerset like gravity manipulation.

Her gauntlets don't have light bending gravity, they aren't that strong.
Maybe if she disabled the safety features she could, but her body would probably explode into gore if she tried messing with them without knowing what she's doing.

And it's not hard science. We have set limits to what they can and cannot do, but how they do the things that they do needs no in-depth pseudo-scientific explanation beyond the length of maybe 20 words.

That's about as much coverage as something like that needs in an actual comic before it can be glossed over in favor of getting the plot moving.

I don't think making her powers generic is an improvement. We just need to tailor her enemies to be ones that can handle her. It's just like finding good enemies for The Flash.

>We have set limits
These are not on the wiki. If they even exist, her page should be updated to reflect them.

Does she have any enemies specific to her? A Rogue's Gallery at all? One important thing to consider is that even with gravity field manipulation, she could do nothing about a car or other object being flung at her, including bullets, except increase the field of her gauntlets to make them drop out of the air. Honestly I think a power meter or something like that is still a good idea because you can limit how absurd the gauntlet's abilities can get while still keeping her relatively safe from instant death.

I think Squid Pro Quo and The Collector are usually considered hers, and she's got a bit of an association with Ma'am Aries.

Stretch considered her a personal archenemy, but I don't think that was likely mutual.

Stretch isn't really viable as a long term rogue anyway.

I could see Colette dealing with the Vixen Six sometimes too.

The main reason why they aren't on her page is because no one has ever wanted to discuss this before.

No one ever wanted to discuss this until now.

It's always been more about the actual situation she's in, which unfortunately is always her jobbing these days.

Every time I voice wanting to see her PUNCH SOMETHING I get ignored.

Sup Forumslette's rogues gallery consists of Ma'm Aries, The Sup Forumsllector, Donna Steel, and I guess Evilette sometimes?
Really, Evilette is more contained to her own arc while the other three can be used whenever and in whatever situation.

Her rogues are almost never used in fighting her anymore. I'd like to see a story where Sup Forumslette wins against The Sup Forumsllector and The Sup Forumsllector is the one who ends up hypnotized and confused.

I'm actually getting kind of mad now since you're saying she's "boring and invincible" when she's almost never depicted actually fucking winning.

Ok well why don't we do it right now? Operate under these so far:

>The gauntlets have gravity powers, and can manipulate their own gravity field
>This gives them the ability to mimic super strength and go even further, stopping bullets in a field around Colette
>The gauntlets cannot adjust the field of other objects they are not in contact with, and when contact is broken, the field of that object returns to normal
>The gauntlets cannot adjust the field of the earth itself, so if a large object is thrown at Colette, the only recourse she has is to increase the field of her gauntlets to be so high that object is stopped (or dodge)
>The gauntlets cannot emit a gravity force so high that even energy is affected
>The gauntlets do not have infinite power. The higher the force emitted, the more power is drained. Once fully drained, the gauntlets become useless

>so if a large object is thrown at Colette, the only recourse she has is to increase the field of her gauntlets to be so high that object is stopped (or dodge)
Or just PUNCH THE THING.

Also, the gauntlets do some magical girl/Captain Marvel (he's called Shazam now? Really?) shenanigans when not equipped.

It doesn't need to be hyper space, they just vanish when not in use.

That's been part of the whole concept since the beginning.

Oh, and while somewhat on the subject, the changes made to the wiki's design weren't my doing, that's just wikia updating ALL of their stuff for whatever reasons. That's out of my control.

Hopefully the stuff I implemented in the custom code for the wiki is still working to keep there from being an ad pillar to the right that's longer than most pages on the wiki. That was several months ago.

That annoyed the hell out of me since it stretched the pages way down.

Well, here's hoping the thread makes it through the night.

I think the gauntlets are typically shown to collapse into a watch, bracelets, or armbands.

Never ever seen it as a watch (the watch is a FJC communicator or cereal box prize or some such).

Armbands above the elbows are the most common.
Even Evilverse Sup Forumslette has arm bands.

Depends on the take. There is usually magic shit going on with them even in some of those instances.

We need to get some cow artists in here for U.F.Bovine.

>Cow artists
What will they draw with?
Cow tools?

Hooves dumbass

Speaking of Brit/coc/ in general, which Ireland is Firedamp from?

This cow tool vendor stares at you in disappointment.

bumpo

Since when was he from Ireland?

Seeing how he joins the Queen's Queers, if he is from Ireland, it'd have to be Northern Ireland.

So how many of our characters are also dads?

Here's a prompt before I go back to work: we all love Kid Cookie. Wevalso know he wants to be like his parents. Lets senf him on his first heroic adventure. I only ask that Cookie saves the day with something food related.

I'd imagine his first "adventures" would be Rugrats-like in that they're all the products of his imagination. They'd probably all be centered around his mother's restaurant.

Like fighting ice monsters the first time his mother asks him to venture into the deep freezer for something.
Make believe things like that when he's helping get things ready for the day, or cleaning, or what have you.

He starts getting his first real taste of adventure when his dad brings him to work with him to the central "office" (The Teacup) where the Justice Sup Forumsmrades have their base of operations.
There he meets supers of all types and starts learning things, like how to make traps and MacGyver things from an old veteran hero.

Then comes the application of these skills in the babysitting adventures and duels with Tats, who everyone jokes as being his first nemesis.

Now that his skills are polished a little, he starts venturing out a bit more, probably meets Alpha, the boy robot, and looks up to him like a big brother/mentor. All of this is taking place on the floating island.

So here is where he needs to begin getting more friends about his age range. Based on past chatter, this is about when Deelette would spend her first summer vacation on the floating island, adding another member to the "gang".

Once he has a proper crew/team/gang, then he's ready to start getting up to real shenanigans with magic cookbooks, foiling dark chefs, entering cooking contests, and whatever other ideas we can think up.