Hank family thread

I haven't read a lot of books about him.
Does Ultron has some Oedipus Complex with his parents ? He seems to have a strong love&hate complex relationship with his parents.

isnt jan more like a sister than his dad bangs?

Yeah, that's basically it. It's the reason he created Jocasta.

fuck I love this book. I forgot how good the art was too

also post the page where he defeats Ultron the second time and he reaches out to Ultron to help him

The Pym family is only surpased by the Summer family in how fucked it is.

>Pym
>Ultron
>Vision -> Scarlet Witch/Cassie ->Lang
Do Scarlet Witches/Visions kids count?
>Jan
>Jocasta
>Wonderman -> Grim Reaper
>Victor
>Nadia
>Virgina
>Viv
>Vin
>Dog

who am I missing?

I for one would like to know how you arrived at this thought.

So sad... and I noticed that janet kind of acknowledge that that's her robot son.
She didn't say anything when Hank said that's his kid

this actually does make me feel for Ultron...that's fucked up...

I dont care for Waid making her gay, Viv needs to get with Tykeclops to create the ultimate fucked family tree.

A person can be married and have a kid that's not the child of the other person in the relationship.

The Future Mrs. user will explain it all to you in time.

Billions dead. Intergalatic empires brought to the brink of collapse. All so Ultron could show his dad how his way was totally better.

What does Ultron think of his mother ?
What kind of influence did Janet had on her robot son ?

I gave up on Champions after half an issue, twice as long as X-men blue. Marvel can't write teens anymore. So I didn't even know she was gay. But is she gay or just bi? I mean I could understand bi, or just experimenting like most women do at that age.

but I never thought of her and Tykeclops, that's a fucking awesome idea. Or how about having Virgina resurrected but with Jean Grey's mental patterns? Greytron?

Experimenting is how I read it.

then that is fine, almost all women do that. It's just usually behind closed doors.

>But is she gay or just bi?
she experimented with Cho and concluded she's not into guys. She suggested she might be into girls or she just might not be into either.

I would say, Ultron is envious of Hank's love for her. He created Jocasta so he could have a Jan of his own. Later he made himself a body that looked like Jan.

I want her to hook up with the Doombot (Vincent?) from Gwenpool. Victor and Wanda were a thing so I think it would work.

What comic is this?

leave it to Cho to make Ultron a sexy Jan who is in love with Jan...

Rage of Ultron OGN by Remender. Last thing he did at Marvel and it's one of my favorite Marvel books. It's where Pymtron comes from. Basically a quarter the book is in the past like that and the rest is 'present day' when Ultron comes back and it's up to Hank and Vision to kill their son/father.

you won't be dissapointed. solid 9.8/10

Thanks, man. Going to totally check it out.

which book is this from? I don't remember that from Slott's Mighty Avengers but it's been a while since I read it.

Also, out of all of Pyms tools, the one I want the most is Toolbot.

>which book is this from?
Secret Invasion Requiem. It set Hank up for his Mighty Avengers run and becoming the Wasp. Also reprinted Wasp's origin and the slap issue

>Also reprinted Wasp's origin and the slap issue
....for what reason?

Because Hank will never be allowed to move on from what he did.

Do not forget the son of Tigra and Hank: William Grant Nelson

Technically, you missed the Magneto/Quicksilver/Inhuman family tree that's also linked because of Wanda, even if Marvel's trying to push it now that Mags wasn't Pietro and Wanda's father. If Polaris had married Havok, everything would have been connected.

what do people think of Hank becoming Wasp? I thought it was very inappropriate in the marvel universe and Avengers. Which is why it's so perfect for Pym to do that and I love it. Others are like...what the fuck Hank? and he just sees it the opposite of everyone else, classic Pym being the Sup Forumsntrarian
shit, forgot about Tigra my bad

He nearly adopted Hazmat at one point, did he not? Or said he cared for her that much...I hate Avenger academy being ignored...
true...but that's a retcon quagmire that I'm not keen to go into

He sort of moved on from it after the end of avengers academy. Granted he replaced guilt with that over guilt of being duplicated by a skrull and then guilt with being a shitty teacher.

And got to give Tigra some Pym-dick so that's a bonus for him.

>all this Pymposting after Secret Empire
yes, good

Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the BEST animated series.

How are you connecting Cassie Lang with Wanda?

>Later he made himself a body that looked like Jan.

Let's not use something Bendis wrote as any sort of window into any character's soul.

God damn if that chapter wasn't the highlight of the Secret Empire event.

It used to connect. Then Polaris stopped being Scarlet Witch's half-sister.

This is the latest recommendations list right?

that's a pretty half baked Pym. Pym DOESN'T just let 50/50 odds rule him. He plays to statistics, and usually only follows the 80-90%. if faced with a 50.50 Hank would chose those he loves and those who are capable of love. The nice thing about Hank is that he love TOO much, but he just ends up falling in love with the wrong thing enough times that it makes him not trust that love.

basically he is me

Bendis Avengers sucked for the most part, but this era wasn't too bad. He got Ultron. I hate how he shit all over Pym, everyone went out of their way to bad mouth him. A little is fine but every character used every moment to shit on him and it sucked.

But it was still one of the best Bendis Avengers stories...

yeah needs to be updated with
>Rage of Ultron
>Ant Man Annual Spencer
>DuggANVengers
>Secret Empire 4

I really want Pymtron to become an anti-hero who sometimes fights the heroes and other times gleefully helps them fight bigger threats while going on and on about the good old days.

what I REALLY want (and should write as fan fic) is Pymtron going around and proving how terrible all the heroes are at being good people. He will fight some bad guys, but only to expose that those "heroes" are doing it for a political agenda now. Have him expose left and right wing heroes as putting their agenda before the RIGHT. Makes sense for Pym, he was never a political person

>Champions
>dealing with adults and thinking the answer is just BE GOOD
>save a girl skinning her knee
>Pymtron stops them
why?
>we all need to learn what the consequences of risks are, This is a mere physical risk, this will be healed. Emotional...

Giant version.

rank em

Ant-Man>Giantman>Science Adventurer>Wasp>Yellow Jacket>Golliath

Someone must make a family tree that has families Summers, Pym and the royal family Inhumans..

tomorrow I will construct the Pym one. too tired today. but it will be shitty cause I'm not a god MSPAINTER

I like how this cover was supposed to be Hank's alter egos+Ultron, but now it's just Hank. Hell, the half of Ultron's face that's covered is the one with Hank's face in

>still one of the best Bendis Avengers stories...
That's like saying it's one of the best turds in the bowl. Bendis has not done anything that is good, and it's to the point when you read a story and almost immediately you know Bendis wrote it because no one is acting like themselves, and instead are acting like testosterone fueled weirdos and the script starts getting Bendis speak at points.

I've been trying to find a page where Ultron is torturing Vision. Vision is quoting someone, and Ultron screams that the person he's quoting is wrong because he's human and dead.

Anyone know what I'm talking about. What issue was it from?

Never mind

>tfw Ultron/Wasp doesn't actually exist as a ship that people like
Well color me surprised I thought it was pretty sweet.

Presumably because of the Young Avengers' teen Vision, and his relationship with Cassie?

But he's the son of a Skrull, not the real Hank Pym. The logic of Pym being his 'father' is dubious.

Bendis's Mighty Avengers was nearly unreadable, what the fuck are you talking about? It was just a bunch of shitty drama for the sake of drama where everyone was bitchy to each other for no reason. The plot took a complete backseat to the totally disconnected thought bubble pettiness. Not a single person came across as likable or accurate to themselves.

At least the small one didn't have all that shit at the top.

>Bendis has not done anything good

I'm and I'm going to have to disagree with you there. His Ultimate X-Men run was great, his Daredevil run was fantastic, and Secret Warriors was good. Powers is a pretty great book, too.

He's genetically identical to if Hank really had been his father.

But that's like saying that if Ben Reilly or Kaine had a child, Spider-Man could consider himself the father. He may be "genetically identical", but Hank isn't the actual father.

Adopted son then.

Aren't both of them imperfect clones now? Anyway, he's both genetically Hank's kid, and Hank accepts him as his own kid. So he's his kid.

reminder that Pymtron can do this too

Go home, Ultron, you're drunk.

Every time Tumblr tries to make Wanda and Pietro brown, it makes me REEEEEEEE.

How can he do that without causing damage to the whole planet or galaxy or universe in the process?

Remember that time Hank dressed like the Fourth Doctor and pulled chainsaws out of his pocket?

the only way to survive past a certain size is to physically ascend to a higher plane of existence than the one most matter exists on. from the macroverse there's no risk of accidentally 'bumping' into anything in the mortal plane, in the same way people don't have to worry about wrecking the microverse with every step they take

They are literally Romani/Jewish. Or, I guess, they were... I think they're Whizzer and Ms. America's kids again now? What was the latest retcon?

reminder that it doesn't matter if Loki believed it or not, magic is a lie so compelling that the universe itself wants to believe

full gypsy

Pym particles.

They're Maximov's, but not Magneto's kids. The woman they thought was their mother when they thought they were Magneto's kids was actually their aunt.

Who're their parents now?

That makes you even stupider.

Whoever they retcon their parents into being, it shouldn't change their long-established appearance. Even if they're no longer related to him, they were as pale as Magneto from their debut. Tumblr can go get Muh Representation somewhere else.