Is this a good ship?

Is this a good ship?

Yes.

why?

No. It may be a spoof of the trope where the smart competent woman ends up with a shlubby loser.

No, same with Amy and Kiff. You think you would like it but it ruins the character dynamic.

Now that I think about it relationships rarely help cartoons. Many like the falling in love part but when they enter a relationship then it turns boring and stale.

It's cute

i respectfully disagree
i think the whole "will they, won't they" trope is boring and overused
if your characters are only interesting when they have contrived sexual tension, then your characters suck, start over
fry and leela were both still funny and interesting after they got together and it was more interesting (in my opinion) to see them deal with being a couple than it was to see them take turns being jealous of each other

is's canon

>i think the whole "will they, won't they" trope is boring
Cartoons rarely go beyond that. And if the do like in the Kiff/Amy case it imho sucks. Maybe because they are more related to being single than Fry/Leela. Kiffs charcters and 90% of his jokes are: he is a unhappy loser. Amy was a materialistic slut.
Take that away and there isn't much left of them.

Top tier ship.

Fry & Leela were connected from the start.

I think we can mostly agree kiff/amy was a garbage ship but mainly because it was unbelievable. Amy was a turbo slut and Kiff had no sex drive. Kiff was also underdeveloped as a character and really only existed to be the sad sack next to Zap.

Fry/Amy was the patricians choice.

Wasn't bad. In a way they fit better. They are both not very smart and don't care much about anything. But there is probably not enough conflict for the writers.

Agreed with all points made here.

it could've been better

This. Leela had a stick up her ass all the time while Amy was chill enough to find Fry's retardation endearing. Amy's a bit of a slut, though, and has cheated on Kif multiple times.

what about Bender/Amy?

He knows what's good: You snagged the perfect girlfriend. Amy's rich, she probably has got other characteristics

Yeah. Because it felt earned, which is something I don't normally find in cartoon sitcoms.

That said it felt...too hard to earn. It took too long for it to happen. Honestly they should've at least been casually dating by season 4

no, they just date because every other character is crazy, an asshole or a crazy asshole robot with an shiny ass

This, was a pretty realistic couple, both are shill and like to have sex without too much drama,It should last at least one reason since there was no logical reason for them to break up.

>They are both not very smart and don't care much about anything.

Amy was extremely intelligent and was a grad student. In some episodes, the writers would remember this and in some episodes, she would just be a shallow materialistic trust fund baby.

>Amy's a bit of a slut
Leela will literally date anyone that doesn't come across as a weirdo within the first five minutes and doesn't gawk at her eye. Fry could've hooked up with Leela early on in the series before she got a feel for his personality.
Both girls are easy, but then again this is a cartoon.

>has cheated on Kif multiple times

I don't remember any of them except for when she banged Zap in one of the movies.

Unironically ship this

When did Fry start to pine for Leela? he thought she was attractive enough but when did he actually "fall in love" i felt like it came out later into the run of the show

In the new episode the made her smart.
In the old one she was dumb as fry. She only went to university because her parents own that place.

She had something with Bender in the newer seasons.

ye

before the new season it was okay-ish, but afterwards it was garbage. The writers squeezed some good moments out of Fry with the ridiculous lengths he'd go through to win over Leela, but it'd be better if she was actually worth all that effort. Then again Fry is an idiot, so maybe that was the joke.

God we need more Futurama threads on Sup Forums. Anyone remember when Futurama aired on adult swim, and they used to air it with those comfy af bumps?

The show would have been much better without the relationship