Is this only example of LGBT done right in western animation

The Loud House is the only cartoon I know that tackles LGBT themes in respectful manner while recognizing it as normal. Meanwhile, the only show that has gotten this close is Gumball.

What other cartoons do LGBTQI themes justice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNIbjDCNROY
lilmizzkrazie.tumblr.com/post/149871407327/my-sister-katiedid92-and-i-got-to-spend-the-day
instagram.com/p/BU4YusQhKcm/?hl=en
standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001243666/films-board-bans-six-tv-programs-for-promoting-homosexuality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't even know Clyde's dad were gay until I saw it online.

>The Loud House is the only cartoon I know that tackles LGBT themes in respectful manner while recognizing it as normal.
>what is clarence

sure buddy

Technically, rocks are genderless.

>8,008
Haha, boob

>the dykiest looking one is a dyke

No fucking shit.

clarence

>respectful
SU glammorizes it

Since when did Gumball have homo pandering? The hot dog guy doesn't count

youtube.com/watch?v=jNIbjDCNROY

Star Vs had several same sex couples kissing as a background gag in one episode.

But I wouldn't refer to that as tackling LGBT themes since it was so subtle.

Mission Hill did a gay men couple right first, at least from what I can remember. They werent just gay guys being gay and constantly fighting for gay rights, they were a gay couple that fit well into their community.

I also thought Shoreleave was an awesome gay charachter. Fun, funny, actioney, and his sexuality isn't his driving forcce.

I get the same feeling from Clyde's dads. Their sexuality is a piece of their charachter that's only secondarily important, if not even tertiarily important. I would think that's the kind of representation homosexuals want; normal everyday lives.

My only real gripe with them is that they seem to be overly perfect, over-acheivers though. Beyond that, I like them a lot more than I like Clyde.

I think this is one of the reason's lesbians have failed so bad. It always seems like lesbos have to predatorily steal women from men, or seduce women into becoming gay, instead of just being normal people in their community.

This is actually a big gripe I hear from a lot of sane lesbians. That the gay female community is way too fucked in the head, violent, slutty, and selfish. Not much of a surprise though.

The only good way to have fags in your show is not at all or as a joke. We've done it right for years.

She only wantednto be Trixie to get Timmy to like her. It was the most hetero thing.

Clarence did it first and better

Not really.
What's gay about Clarence?

One of the main characters has two moms

SU is probably the only one that actually depicts gays as less then perfect.

Is that Wii Plaza music in the backround?

Wanting to be someone/Stalker-crush =/= not Gay
She's a Yandere which defies conventional sexuality.

Love is dead XD

Naaaaaah.
SU is kinda bland and shitty when it comes to their Not-Lesbian Not-Female characters.

That's not overtly gay though.
Those could have easily just been his aunts.
Compare that to TLH, which is actually trending google.

Okay you got a chuckle from me.

Ironically, the one time they tried a gay relationship (Future Boy Zoltron) instead of a lesbian relationship, they fucked it up so bad a lot of viewers couldn't even tell if it was supposed to be gay or not.

>Ruby and Sapphire literally can't live without each other
>Pearl is a neurotic mess after her object of affection died
Well, you can't say Sugar wasn't trying to be realistic.

Didn't Dofus pull off a lesbian couple so good Sup Forums approved of it?

SU actually hurts more than helps the LGBTQI community.
Several real life gay people have complained about SU and it's depiction of gays.

I liked the chemistry a little between Rose and Greg.
Wish they'd given that towards a female pairing instead.

>Several real life gay people have complained about SU and it's depiction of gays.

Can you elaborate? Gays get butthurt really easy (pun intended)

No...Not really, he calls them both mom all the time

I've heard nothing but the opposite.

Clarence, Jeff has lesbian parents and it's not made a big deal of. They also had two gay men dating in one episode.

That was too subtle.
Most people didn't even catch that.

go back to >>>/tumblr/

remember when the simpsons where good

They fact that he has to identify them as his moms shows that they fucked up.

>The Loud House is the only cartoon I know that tackles LGBT themes in respectful manner
Honestly though, this is mostly because gays were deemed too inappropriate for children for a long time
It's why Disney has never had a gay front and center in any of their movies despite being "progressive", since the ratings board would slap the film with a PG-13 if that were to happen

>To get Timmy to like her

This. I don't know why people don't understand this. It's pretty basic yandere

Why is America so backwards when it comes to LGBTQI?

Mr Smiley and Mr Frowney are suppose to be gay?

Arguably because of the Lavender Scare in the 50s, the AIDS epidemic of the 80s, and the overwhelming amount of pearl-clutching bible thumpers.

Check SU Critical.

Yes, and one of the crew on the show basically said there is literally no other way to interpret their relationship, despite a lot of fans scratching their heads over the whole thing.

They aren't faggots

Probably not.
But because this is SU, everyone has to be gay, according to the fanbase.

It's honestly just Disney, everywhere else in Hollywood doesn't have to worry about that
but because Disney is synonymous with cartoons in America, them not being allowed to show it impacts the animation industry as a whole

>and one of the crew on the show basically said there is literally no other way to interpret their relationship
Source? Because the only thing I heard from this was from a tumblrite who said she got it from the crew.

lilmizzkrazie.tumblr.com/post/149871407327/my-sister-katiedid92-and-i-got-to-spend-the-day

This is the tumblr of a storyboard artist for the show

You're probably talking about this

Sorry, bad info. Just a random tumblerite who claims she got the information. was right

No it isn't.
This is literally on the level of "My Uncle Works at Nintendo".

I feel this is almost bait just because of the added QI.

>LGBTQI

I dont understand russian.

Did someone say QI?

Not that guy, but those are legit additions to LGBT.

Mission Hill is probably one of the best examples of gay couples done right. Both Gus and Wally felt like their own characters, and had their own focus (Episode, in Wally's case) that didn't depend on their relationship. They were just two cool old guys who happened to be gay.

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgender
Queer
Intersex

Sugar pussied out when they asked her if they were lesbians so nope

TLH did it better by virtue of being a kid's show.
Mission Hill isn't special in that regard.

When?
One episode actually had a stereotypical dyke.

you been to Russia lately /user/

>L is for Love and Sam and Luna are the top results when searching Loud House.
The sad part is this is the probably the most online traffic it's ever gotten.

Why?
Why even call it LGBT, which sounds like some kind of lunch special. There are too many 'exceptional' type of people to encompass everyone so why not find a term that's not made of stupid acronyms? It's not like I suddenly care about Intersex people (Less than .00001% of the population) any less nor more because they added an initial.

And Queer is just a special snowflake label if there ever was one.

Mr.Simmons from Hey Arnold was gay. The Thanksgivings day episode even hinted that he was closeted to his mother.

>The question is "Is this only example of LGBT done right in western animation?"
>Posts a better, earlier example of LGBT done right in Western animation
>"N-no, that doesn't count, The Loud House is s-still the best guys!"
Are you seriously going to discount Mission Hill, WHICH IS A FUCKING CARTOON, out of your question regarding LGBT representation in cartoons because "muh kids show"? Fucking christ dude, if you wanted to make a Loud House thread so fucking badly you could have just done so without making yourself look like an incompetent ass.

Yeah i respect lgbtqi
L - fag
G - fag
B - fags
T - fag
Q - fag
I - fag

Like what they say matters.

Queer is literally a slur they reclaimed

Nice headcanon.

I think one problem with western LGBT culture is there is so much pressure for people to be.... OUT about it, i don't just mean, open about their sexuality, i mean full blown here and queer.

Though, working in an office full of women has opened my eyes because it seems like half the pressure comes from the orbiters. this gay guy in the office came under a barrage of pressure when pride rolled around, asking him what costume he's going to wear, to make sure he takes 'outrageous' pictures. Stupid shit like that.

Queer wasn't even a slur at first; it just meant something that was strange or unusual.

They're reclaiming a word that's not even "their's".

Yet another Sup Forums cartoon pathetically trying to out-do Ponies.
>Transvestites as a slapstick joke
>Lesbians as "Best Friends"
>Gay characters as funny weirdos
>Cucking as something to be concerned about
>Communists as bad guys

And everyone putting family above all else, having straight sex and making kids.

So what the fuck has Sup Forums been watching?

Sorry buddy Word of God says otherwise

instagram.com/p/BU4YusQhKcm/?hl=en

Are you baiting?

They didn't make it obvious so it doesn't count.

It was still used as an insult and was widely associated with gays even before it became official
Are you gonna say fag is just slang for cigarettes next?

The "wonders" of positive discrimination.

Kenya just a few days ago showed as the way by banning these homosexual propaganda cartoons:

>Kenya Film Board bans Legend of Korra, Adventure Time, Hey Arnold and Steven Universe on cable channels for 'promoting LGBT agenda'

standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001243666/films-board-bans-six-tv-programs-for-promoting-homosexuality

WHO THE FUCK GIVES A SHIT
I still won't watch this pedopandering piece of shit show

It was blatantly obvious, right down to his VA being an openly gay actor

>Are you gonna say fag is just slang for cigarettes next?
Britain says hello.

Hahahahahahaha

You're very fond of the "death of the author" phenomenon, aren't you?

Still counts user.

>cheap gay bastard

There's a lot of gay dudes that talk about wanting to make a straight dude sleep with them too though

>>>/Tumblr/
Please take this retarded conversation somewhere else.

"Done right" to me frankly means not there.

Every kids' cartoons doesn't need homosexuals shoehorned in as some sort of token diversity crap.

That's not a real sexuality. It's not anything.
It's like saying I want to be classified as "Kinky" because I have fetishes or like BDSM, where's the K in my LGBTQIK?

Yeah the acceptance movement is a little over-pressuring.
> this gay guy in the office came under a barrage of pressure when pride rolled around, asking him what costume he's going to wear, to make sure he takes 'outrageous' pictures. Stupid shit like that.
That's awful. Most sensible gay people don't feel like they have to make it their lifestyle or go full halloween just because others happen to share their sexual orientation.

> LGBTQIK

Now a rainbow coloured chocolate flavoured cereal/drink?

They forgot the p and 2nd b
For pedo and beast

>recognizing it as normal
but it's not

>It's not there if I choose to ignore it
What do faggots and women think like this?

Hey Arnold handled LGBT the best. It was so subtle because it wasn't brought up or mentioned,
yet Eugene & Mr. Simmons are undoubtedly gay.

Didn't say it's not there. Just that it isn't credible.

For being one of the faggiest websites out there it sure is odd to see chan so against gays in cartoons