Am I the only one that liked this show as a teen?

Am I the only one that liked this show as a teen?

I liked it too, OP. Still think it was really good show for it's time

This is a god-tier show of the last 30 years.

No.
I loved it too. It was one of the more grounded Nicktoons and did a lot of things that were non-existent at the time.

True

>did a lot of things that were non-existent at the time
Yeah it surprised me too.
>grounded
Sorry I don't speak english. What does this mean?

>Sorry I don't speak english. What does this mean?
the opposite of zany and unrealistic

If only for Courtney. She's the character who genuinely deserved a happy ending and didn't get one.

Oh yes it was
Thanks!

Only thing people complain about on Sup Forums about it is the art style. Otherwise it's really well liked. So it's not talked about much.

Only one I liked and they fucked her over.

The only thing I didn't like, was the weird designs for the characters, but that's something else that made it unique
Aside from that, it was a good ass show

As a kid I thought it was incredibly boring and I couldn't get past the hideous characters.

Yes it's true. I kinda don't like the artstyle, but it's more unique like this. So I guess it's ok

... And now?

Loved it as a kid, and as an adult I still think it holds up. It tackled some serious issues for a kids / teen show, and is next to Hey Arnold probably the show that had the most serious subject matters in the Nick lineup - though of course Hey Arnold was a lot more goofy and fun, whereas Ginger was often pretty somber.

If Klasky Csupo could have gotten over their hatred for chins I probably would have enjoyed that series more. I didn't hate it, but I never liked it. If there was nothing better on I would watch it.

I liked only because of his brother stories, it was like a different show in the same episode

You weren't the only oner. The show was pretty good, it just had an awful artstyle, which, in my opinion, wasn't that important. I was a kid, it was a cartoon that had good writing, at times, and that's all I cared about.

I never realized how much he looks like a Red Bull ad.

It wasn't easy being a footfag in the pre-Internet days...

What the fuck was her problem?

Many girls liked it too.

I didn't like it when I was a kid, but rewatching it now, it's breddy gud

Yeah, I thought it was a show for girls, but it wasn't thaaat girly, so... I didn't feel bad

She wanted Gingers pussy but Nick cut out the entire storyline because shit like that couldn't fly back in the days and for some retarded fucking reason her character got a horrible ending without even being mentioned in the epilogue despite not deserving it in any way.

she was gay for Ginger

One of the last good children's/teen cartoons

It was good. all this talk makes me want to rewatch it again

The apex of supporting characters.
Outside of edgy revisionism do you have anything to back this up? It's been a while since I watched ATBG and this seems like some Tumblr-tier reading.

My sister really liked it as a teen. I never watched it.

Fake or not that explanation makes perfect sense.

Not them and I don't have the link anymore but I remember seeing something about that from the creator online. We've had threads about it in the past if you look in the archive I'm sure you would find a source.

it was on when I was a child.

I guess I'm still a teen, so yeah. I enjoy the show. It's really comfy.

I know it's sounds like fanfiction but is the only way to explain why she was trying to get so close to Ginger even though they never had the same interests and the lack of popularity from ginger, also how her best friend couldn't understand their relationship and was clearly creeped out by it.

>Outside of edgy revisionism do you have anything to back this up? It's been a while since I watched ATBG and this seems like some Tumblr-tier reading.
as far as i know there isn't, but it's not hard to interpret what she did through the series as her having a crush on ginger