youtube.com/watch?v=4GIxcDU799A
youtu.be/dbbkwcdqxVg
youtu.be/hAe8Nwjl5T4
youtu.be/mnUnOptPNNk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haki

>how does luffy win

Fuck you cause I'm a fan of both of them and I wanna know now

Eel's pretty much a character with pseudo toon force levels of bullshit (remember, bicycle)
He only loses because he tires himself out, a villain exploits his weaknesses to incapacitate him, or his own stupidity defeats him

So this

And this

Cause as dumb as Luffy is he has massive amounts of stamina and willpower

He doesn't.

Too much force can kill Luffy. The same can't be said of Eel.

Luffy can't kill Plastic Man (the guy has survived worse such as the time he was torn apart and thrown into the ocean floor only to reforge himself after 3000 years)
Morals off Plastic Man can get creative and mess a person up from the inside
It's more of a matter if Haki could actually disrupt his body until it wears down until it forges itself up again

So could somebody give me a good explanation on how Haki works? I just looked at the OP wiki and it was very vague. How exactly does the third kind of haki that can apparently "overpower someones will"work, and would it even work on Plas? He's completely immune to telepathy since he doesn't technically have a brain.

youtu.be/xJ0JwVPPm5M

Plastic man would be obliterated with haki + king kong gun combo

>overpower someones will
It's just like that. If you have Emperor Haki (And if your will is bigger than your enemy's), then you will win the fight

That's just power levels bullshit. That isn't creative at all, it's just who has the bigger number!

Conquerer's Haki is the power that luffy has that lets him incapacitate or influence people who have less willpower than him. He could knock out Plastic Man or rob him of his will to fight

There are other types like Armament Haki that gives Luffy a nearly impervious hard skin and barrier

Luffy vs 8-Gates Rock Lee would be the best since Lee has more willpower

It works like this

It's not about numbers. It's abor "Is about who defends his ideals with more emphasis and passion"
>Oda's words

what are its limits?

He gets tired when he uses the Bound Man. and he has to rest to recover haki

Looks like it would be hard to tell if it would work on Plas then, since he is technically not alive, and as I said earlier he's immune to telepathy. Has Luffy ever used it on someone who isn't organic?

Hard to tell since Devil Fruit users often have weird powers like turning into smoke or fire and shit so the lines are blurred

>Has Luffy ever used it on someone who isn't organic?
The knocking out thing only works on mooks. If it worked on important characters, it would affect Plas, Haki is designed to affect people made of lava, ice, smoke, eletricity and even light.

Can Plas stand the fire? Luffy can make fire. Even under water (Don't ask me how)

youtube.com/watch?v=4GIxcDU799A

(minute 1:20)

Devil fruit powers are almost all great examples of "A shit power that if you used a little bit of intelligence and imagination you can destroy the world" and it is doubly interesting because the story shows off examples of people having powers who simply using them at their face value and then also shows how fucking monstrous people who get creative are (String? What good is fucking making string?).

There 3 types of Haki. Armament (Harden your body), Observation (Predict your opponent's moves) and Conqueror's (Knock out people without willpower)

People here are focusing on the willpower one, but the one that really matters is the armament one.

In OPverse, it allows the user to bypass the enemy's defenses unless he also has Haki. Skilled haki users can physically harm Luffy with a punch despite him being made out of rubber.

So if it were to work on Plastic Man, it would like Luffy punching Plastic Man and he taking it as normal human, and not as a "plastic" human. That's the only way Luffy can win, so it depends on the rules of the universe they are fighting.

So from what I see here I think Plas could beat Luffy if he took him off guard and just shapeshifted into his nervous system and sinuses (since it appears Luffy does need to breath) but in a direct one on one fight while Luffy couldn't kill Plas, there's no way he would lose. The differences in physical strength and speed are just too high.

As seen here. Plas is fucking scary.

Gear 4th that shit put's luffy on base goku level

Vision haki let's luffy see what his oponent is going to do before it happes

Armor haki is sef explanatory and conqueror haki is almost an insta win i do't think plasticman has a mind strong enough to resist that

Plas could definitely kill luffy if he got the drop on him and Luffy could absolutely fucking destroy plas if Haki works against him. Whether that would KILL plas is for greater minds than my own to know.

Whoops, meant to reply to my own post not yours.

>String? What good is fucking making string?
he got that from JoJo

(Damn, he is)

>Vision haki let's luffy see what his oponent is going to do before it happes (See)

Well it's a great example of the general concept no matter where it is from.

Devil powers definitely have very flexible rules either way, take Brook for example. Most settings would simply have had his ability fail to work or regenerate his body.

Plas is basically impossible to kill, short of reality warping but he isn't monumentally hard to incapacitate. I don't think the haki would allow Luffy to kill Plas, but it definitely would let him beat/incapacitate him, since he isn't transforming into anything, or anything along those lines he's just a mass of sentient rubber.

You guys are forgetting something. Luffy insta loses if he is sumerged in a big ammount of water

Plas doesn't know that, nor would that be likely to come into play. Maybe if they fought on a boat.

Can he die by fire or not?

He managed to stall Fernus

>Gear 4th that shit put's luffy on base goku level
Seeing as how he was a planet buster decades ago, Luffy's closer to Tambourine if anything.

He can be melted by fire, but even if he gets atomized he can eventually reconstitute himself. his biggest feat in that area is at one point he was vaporized and the particles spread out across the bottom of the ocean and it took him a few thousand years to come back together but he did eventually.

>TFW you live in a world filled with wondrous powers and incredible feats but your ability is to turn people into trannies

His form becomes unstable under really extreme temperatures (melts into a puddle or becomes frozen solid through absolute zero) but he can't die from those still, he's merely incapacitated until he can reforge himself or is free.

This come down to one thing alone.
If Armament haki lets Luffy hurt Plastic man, he wins.
If it does not, he loses.

Ivankov controls hormones of all kinds

He probably couldn't LOSE to Plas even if it didn't work, he's just too fast. But yeah, you're right.

Ah yes that's another ability. Armament Haki can turn your body parts into normal human parts when it hits you. I don't know if it would work with Plas though

Your will doesn't have to be stronger than theirs to resist it, just close to it. It's purpose in the story is to knock out all the low-level mooks in the area so the important characters can fight.

Haki isn't related to the devil fruits so there's no reason it would only work on devil fruit powers.

>Plas is basically impossible to kill, short of reality warping
Mate there are tons of ways. Disintegration, fire hot enough to break atomic bonds, powerful enough acids. The trick would be binding him long enough to work, but the basic 'throw it in the sun' works. Works for anyone who isn't kryptonian or a lantern.

The difference is that devil fruit powers are magical where Plas's power is purely physical. Being plastic is his default state at this point.

>but even if he gets atomized
He got shattered and dusted in Rock of Ages, but not atomized. No reason to believe atomization won't kill him.

Again he wouldn't technically be dead. He could reconstitute EVENTUALLY, although if you threw him into the sun it would only happen after the sun goes out.

could you put him on ice?

Thread theme

youtu.be/dbbkwcdqxVg

Logias are also in a natural state of insolidity. Haki converts you back to your ORIGINAL form.

Plas is immune to all kinds of damage and trying to punch Plas is always a bad idea because now he sticks at your hand and gets a chance to hit you from near and you don't want to deal with Plas in close combat.
Lyssop has a fair chance tho, he propably has some Acetone or other similar chemicals aviable and doesn't rely on a style which gives Plas a shit ton of oppurtinities to strike.

He's vulnerable to sudden temperature changes, but will eventually adjust if you don't keep him at absolute zero.

Again, still devil fruit and thus magical in origin.

This. Plas was human once. He was not born as a plastic man. Armor Haki can take away your superpowers. That's how it works

This

Emperor's Haki > Gear 4th > Armament Haki > King Kong gun to the face

Have we ever seen it work on someone who's power isn't magical in origin? If not then it's hard to tell if it would work. Although if this was a real deathbattle they would probably just say "good enough" and give it to Luffy because of that, like in Guts Vs. Nightmare.

>Have we ever seen it work on someone who's power isn't magical in origin?
Devil fruit and Haki are the only powers in One Piece unless you bring Poseidon into this but that doesn't count

One other problem here is that Plas's powers, like most characters from DC are super inconsistent when it comes to how strong they are. Like how in Blackest Night, his heart was ripped out and that actually hurt him, but he can be shattered after being frozen and put back together he was fine other than mental scarring.

I would think that, when it came down to it, plas would just suffocate luffy by forcing himself in his lungs or something.

Also, luffy is more susceptible to piercing damage than plas is.

I would think that it would come down to haki for Luffy's win, otherwise I see Plastic Man winning in a rather gruesome way.

Id rather they be pals.

I would give that a definite "maybe" then for whether haki could hurt him.

Could red hawk hurt Plastic Man?

youtu.be/hAe8Nwjl5T4

This. Both are entertaining guys, and it would be fun to see them team up.

>magical
Why you insist in this? Nobody knows what devil fruits are. So you can't say it's a magical fruit. Actually, pick related can create artificial devil fruits, throught science. Not magic

Luffy ate Crocodile whole and didn't choke, so that's probably out of the question. His windpipes can stretch after all.

There's no real logic to how DFs work, which makes sense since they're based on old sailors' tales.

I really hope that no matter what explanation we eventually get, it retains at last some mystique to the nature of them.

The minks have electro and I remember the occasional filler character with non devil fruit powers.

>bad weebshit
>capable of beating the most powerful member of the JLA

Nah.

Creating something magical with science is still science, it's just doing science on magical things. Look, I'm just going off what I read on the OP wiki here, and it didn't say anything about haki SPECIFICALLY "returning someone to their original form" and it called the Devil Fruits mystical. I just think it isn't certain if Haki would turn Plas regular again.

I feel like plas has the edge do to luffy's stupidity. It'd be the fight with foxy but luffy would constantly be tricked by red/yellow objects.

This would be hilarious.

Yes. Red hawk wouldn't kill him. But it can defeat him.

I can only think of one time when not using his head led to him actually losing though.

Haki would hurt him. Luffy wins just cause of Haki. It'd be onesided

I highly doubt that plasticman will is low enough for Luffy's haki to work and Plasticman elasticity seem to be next level to Luffy rubber fruit power. I would say it could go either way.

Reed richards beats both of them currently cause he's god

Been there, done that

But Luffy has beaten a god before.

*in name only

All haki variations are based on will power and are almost a very mild reality manipulation. Not really telepathy. In OP world even objects like boats and rocks have will power.
>Read the mind of the opponent before he acts.
>Overcome intangibility powers and attack the enemy body "directly".
>Just overcome someones will and paralize / knock them out temporally if they dont have a strong will power.

However the efficiency of those is very vague. Technically the second one could be enough to defeat Plas if the writers chose to make haki that strong. Otherwise luffy cant.

Little "g" son.

If he had a bounty it would be over 800.000, which is on par with yonkou commanders. This is without a crew and before he flew to the moon and resurrected an unstoppable mechanical army.

Oda said it would be 500k (or 550k, cant remember)
As much as i love Enel, he is too cocky and would get screwed by strong haki users. However if he trained seriously and never dropped his guard, he would be ridiculously powerful.

This argument is pointless. Reed gained literal omnipotence from molecule man.

Are you a idiot

thats what I'm saying

Not true. There's the 6 styles, for one thing.

Weird how both him and Kizaru have the most broken fruits, but their personalities keep them from reaching full potential.

No such thing.

Haki lets you hit someone's "True form", but from what we've been shown, "original form", is a better translations, as it effects logias as if they were normal humans, but they're not.
We'll use Ace for an example. When Ace became a logia he lost his physical body. Underneath his thin solid outer layer, he's just fire, all the time, even when he's asleep, he doesn't become fire, he IS fire. But with haki you can just punch him in the kidney that he doesn't have.

I don't see Plas losing in a battle of willpower and the mind. Haki won't be effective, thus Luffy is a paper tiger.

Luffy has arguably the biggest ambition possible in the OP world, which is great, but he still knows his place in power hierarchies. That's something that will remain in his psyche. Plas, on the other hand? He can walk into basically any situation imaginable and know as a matter of fact that anything thrown at him is an inconvenience at most. You just can't beat a man who is beyond any type of true concern for his wellbeing.

>TFW Plas is finally back

So I wonder how long until people rage on death battle for Goku v Superman 3 because of goku's new manga feat

>When Ace became a logia he lost his physical body. Underneath his thin solid outer layer, he's just fire, all the time, even when he's asleep, he doesn't become fire, he IS fire.

No, Logas can still be hit when they are asleep or caught unaware (see Luffy crashing into the bar Ace and Smoker were in)

Not using his head might be an instakill this time, especially since Plastic Man is pretty much a hard counter to Luffy, there is nothing he could do without putting hiself into grave danger. There are other characters who could beat him, but I don't think Luffy would win without help.

What the hell is that?

something something Superman has no limits something something no sells deletion attack

youtu.be/mnUnOptPNNk

pretty much