>the very first relationship shown is interracial
What did they mean by this?

Weren't they selectively bred by the Homeworld gems? That's probably why

Eugenics and selective breeding.

>thousands of years
>distinct races
>interracial
You can only have two.

Nigga, why you WOULDN'T breed your humans to be different? We have a shit ton of different looking dogs for example, a good chunk just for aesthetics.

You are lucky that they didn't showed the weirder breeds of humans.

They had ambiguous brown people there too mate.

>What did they mean by this?
They meant that it's a cartoon, and you're thinking too hard on the science.

If you had white and black roaches and you want two od them to get together,why would you care about their colors?

Their bleeding progressive.

>I still want Gregg to be happy.

I would have liked to see them as more alien; the gems would probably have decorated the humans to look more like gems.

/thread

Can Turks even be white?

Can Turks even be black?

I want J-10 to be happy and live in leisure

I'm more concerned with the fruit thing vs the "Human Zoo" thing.

Turks make good gyros

I really think the sex was entirely recreational and the gems were growing new zoomans in tubes in a back room someplace instead of letting them get knocked up. It could just be coincidence, but notice how we didn't see any pregnant zoomans or even any children among the ones we saw.

possible. Removing the pain of childbirth and the stress of rising a child would keep these people in ignorant idyllic bliss

Soooo the CGs aren't going to go back and free any of the humans?

Agreed.

Sugar doesn't know about neither history nor genetics.

>All the males look effeminate.
What did they MEAN by this?

They do seem to have some knowledge or concept of children and keeping them away from sex, judging by the way J -10 told Steven to hang back from participating in the choosening instead of inviting him.

If aliens bred humans like humans breed dogs, it'd be horrifying. Midgets, downies, retards, harelips, and giants all mixed together until they fit some inhuman standard of beauty that would probably make you throw up.

If the diamonds were real, half the zoo humans would have some horrifying facial features like no lower jaws and narrow upper jaws so that all the teeth grow together in an unholy off-white forest, swollen bug-eyes and shit like that.

Bred for gem aesthetics.

>a blonde and a nog
It used to be funny but now it's just annoying.

it means that they are lesser males

and in a manly roman society they would have fucked in the ass and made into slave lovers

They are free. The zoo is their home and they like it there.

I assumed that they only kept Steven away because he was new.

>BLEACHED

This actually might be the answer to this Gems look very human already, so their beauty standards might just coincidentally more or less align with human standards, just tending towards more feminine traits because all gems are female. Heck, they may have chosen to populate the zoo with humans over literally any other earth species just because humans resemble gems so closely.

I just realised.
It's a Ruby and Sapphire analogy.

they know nothing

they are betrayers of their own kind and should be treated as such

Cloning. No way these idiots would know anything about childcare. They may look like regular humans but they're all probably sterile and maybe impotent.

I wonder if any of them found it odd Steven was so short or if Greg had told them Steven was a much smaller version of himself when he told them about him.

That would be the absolute worse thing you could do to these people. Even ignoring the fact that they'd all drop dead the second they walked out on Earth considering their immune system is essentially non-exsistant. There's no way they could function in any society. They greatest pain they, as a entire society, has ever felt is someone letting them down gently could you imagine how hard life on Earth would BTFO them. They'd be dead or someones fuck toy in a week.

They might not be able to breed but I bet they are drugged to fuck like minks. Pretending to touch the sky is only an entertaining distraction for so long, and the gems probably encouraged the pleasure of natural behaviors to fill their days.

>he actually believes that they don't have genetically perfect immune systems
we have no idea how they are born, artificial or not

>letting people live in blissful ignorance
this is a cartoon, they would probably live on some island on earth or with other tribals they can relate to. If greg told them, they would follow him without a second thought.

We know Steven had to undergo a rigorous physical and sterilization shower before he could be introduced to them, probably to shield them from exposure to diseases he may have been carrying. If they had perfect or even just very strong immune systems that procedure would be unnecessary and would not have been performed.

>If greg told them, they would follow him without a second thought.

This is interesting, because with some help/proper leaders willing teach them stuff they could learn to eventually adjust on Earth at their own pace on a remote island or somewhere else.

>If the diamonds were real, half the zoo humans would have some horrifying facial features like no lower jaws and narrow upper jaws so that all the teeth grow together in an unholy off-white forest, swollen bug-eyes and shit like that.

Oh my god

The gems would make Anime real.

I smell a sitcom!

It means that Rebecca Suger was so intent on show mixed race relationships that she forgot science and the implications of her blatant mistakes.

Racist Gems decide on racial segregation to keep specific attributes in the "zoo". Zoos aren't entertaining to look at if all the monkeys are the same color. Got to make sure the white and back ones don't mingle or their would be a zoo of only tan monkeys.

These people have been raised by aliens on a space station for most of human history

They're to us what chihuahuas are to dingoes

>let me post my cancer on another board to bait more people

So how do they reproduce if the Choosening only pairs the same sex together?

The blonde's a guy.

>google
>/ic/
You post a thread on /ic/ and then screencap it just so you'd have something to complain about. Sad.

>All of them wanted Greg, a manly man

Now I'm filled with morbid curiosity to see what they had in store. It's not the only zoo in there.

Eh, there's only a couple of dozen zoomen as well, that'd lead to a lot of inbreeding within a handful of generations and the zoo's been operating for centuries. If zoomen females even give birth naturally then the best bet to keep them healthy and varied would be to heavily augment the DNA of the offspring. Gem are so advanced they could probably tweak shit until a woman gave birth to a schnauzer.

Dogs are much easier to breed for several reasons, one is that they have much shorter time between generations and two is that their genes work slightly differently which makes it far easier to select for specific traits. Plus it's impossible that they never decided that they're not into their chosen one and want someone else instead. You cant breed that out in a few generations and it's not possible to raise someone to not have those feelings. Especially not by an alien race who doesn't know anything about human psychology.

Why would gems have a technology to alter human genes? Nobody except Pink Diamond cared about them and gems work very differently so they'd need a completely new technology unlike anything they had before. And that would require extensive study of humans which the gems didn't do because none of them have a clue on how humans work. If there were records at the very least Peridot would've accessed them before heading to Earth, and if they developed anything there would've been records left. The logical answer is that there's far more humans in the zoo than we've seen and that it was a badly thought out diversity insert.

Thousands of years of inbreeding lead to this?

>Pink Diamond cared about them
Exactly, if a diamond, one of the three or four most important figures to your entire civilization digs some shit, that makes it a point of import.

They had thousand years to breed them out.

Compared to gems, humans have short life spams.

But again, developing a completely unique technology for little reason, because why would she want to alter human DNA at that point, takes a lot of time and effort and that would mean some gems would know a lot about humans. And we've seen no evidence of that. Of course there's a convoluted explanation that it all got erased for some reason but again, there's no reason for them to erase that even if they covered up something about PD. The simplest answer is that they did not have the technology to alter genes, and the show gave no reason whatsoever to think that they did.

Humans change little in that timeframe. You can change their features a little and select for certain colors or hair. Visually there's no difference between a human from a few thousand years ago and a modern person.

Tibetans prove you wrong and that's natural selection. Selective breeding in a completely artificial environment could produce some humans with some very odd traits very fast.

>Breeding humans just to breed them.
>Not genetically modifying them into horrible abominations
Gems were a mistake.

These character designs burn my eyes.

What pissed me off more than anything was that they could speak English.

Does it not bother you that gems speak english?

Why are you so obbsessed with race?

theres visually no difference between a wolf from a few thousand years ago and a modern wolf, but we have fucking Lhasa Apsos.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance