Why are Black people so underrepresented in Sup Forums media...

Why are Black people so underrepresented in Sup Forums media? This is pretty much the first superhero movie to feature Black protagonist and showcase magnificent Black culture & history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0pHDB2P9PtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the first superhero movie to feature Black protagonist
Get out newfag

>This is pretty much the first superhero movie to feature Black protagonist

Nigger, are you even trying?

>showcase magnificent Black culture & history.
Wakanda's not real
Wakanda left the rest of Africa to rot

for like 13% of the population the black american community always wants all the minority "representation" and willing to fuck over all other minorities to get it

>the first superhero movie to feature Black protagonist
Did you forget about me?

Black people are actually way over represented in Hollywood and TV. It's the Hispanics who are being fucked over.

Bonus points because He's Marvel.

It's funny how you're describing the white american community more than the black one. Most black people in the entertainment industry don't even have the opportunity to fuck over other minorities

Do some fucking research before you make a thread

>No one mentioned Blade

African history is not exactly. That being said waknaka is very xenophobic so they dont give fuck all about anyone but themselves.

see>
>93271719

This.

Also Blacks are the only minority group willing to charge head first into social issues. The other groups wait and either reap the benefits of the Blacks struggle or play kiss up to whites.

You wanna know why you dont see many Asians and Hispanics? Because they dont speak up. They're scared if they dont play nice with the whites, the whites wont like them anymore.

But most white content creators don't "fuck anyone over." They just so happen to make a majority of characters not some shade of brown.

>first superhero movie to feature Black protagonist

Meteor Man (Robert Townsend - 1993)
Blankman (Damon Wayans - 1994)
Steel (Shaquille O'Neal - 1997)
Spawn (Michael Jai White - 1997)
Blade (Wesley Snipes - 1998)
Blade II (Wesley Snipes - 2002)
Catwoman (Halle Berry - 2004)
Blade: Trinity (Wesley Snipes - 2004)
Hancock (Will Smith - 2008)

>They're scared if they dont play nice with the whites, the whites wont like them anymore.
But nobody likes the blacks anyway

>Whites have never fucked over minorities in the media

And racism didn't exist until Obama was elected.

Nice reading comprehension, DaQuan

Yet Blacks dont care and still garner more respect than the other minority groups.

Asians get all their Hollywood roles taken by whites and are told it's good for them. Blacks never let that happen.

Sleepy Hollow says hello.

Because for some fucked up reason people expect whites to represent everyone and their grandmother in their works?

Are white people overrepresented in the works of black people?

Kinda hard to comprehend uneducated posts, Cletus.

I mean, you're the one who didn't read what was written, Jizzaiah.

youtube.com/watch?v=0pHDB2P9PtE
Still relevant, I see.

>Yet Blacks dont care and still garner more respect than the other minority groups.
Crying about "ey yo why ain't they any niggas in dis moobie" isn't garnering respect.

it would be real if not for white colonialists destroying our culture and forcing us into slavery

You know that movie's an inaccurate adaptation, right?

In Washington Irving's story, Ichabod Crane's a fuckin' schoolteacher and the horseman ain't even real, Brom Bones comes at Crane in the dark and throws a god damned jack-o-lantern at him to scare him out of town so he'll stop trying to steal the dude's fiancé.

Did you already forget your own post Bubba? Boy that meth must be kicking in.

Yet Black Panther exists.

Makes you think huh?

>Meteor Man

I love that film. The only time I've seen anyone make a slinky look sinister.

Black Actors and Filmmakers keep making the same urban drama, movie about drama, or wacky comedy films with mixed results. They rarely step out of their comfort zone to do something new.

Was talking about the tv show.

Well, there it goes, most retarded post of the day. Congrats Shaniqualisha.

Uh yeah? Because he had a good showing in Civil War and became relatively popular. What were you even getting at there?

They made a TV show about the fucking Legend of Sleepy Hollow? The fuck could they possibly ramble on about for multiple seasons?

>movie
boy you dumb

you dumb as hell

>Why are Black people so underrepresented in Sup Forums media
Because they are a very small portion of customers.

Also
>Wakanda
>magnificent Black culture & history.

No, he's shitposting.

>making characters not black is fucknig black people over
Ok

What in god's name am I even looking at here. Is this show about fucking time travellers?

>Blacks ask for Black superhero
>Marvel puts Black superhero on big screen
>Received well enough to get his own movie
>Not respect

Really jogs the noggin?

>Sup Forums

Who cares?

>implying they weren't already planning a BP movie

>"But most content creators dont fuck black people over"

Was that not what you wrote? Maybe you should use your magnificent reading comprehension to string together a sentence that gets your point across better.

I'd like to agree with that, but at the same time you're out of your fucking mind if you think over 50% of white content creators don't have a narrow mindset. This doesn't even have to be about race, it's exactly why we see the same plots produced over and over with shittier quality. There's only so many times you can reinforce the same devices and narratives before people get sick of it

That coincides with 'playing nice with the whites'

So blacks were expected enough for Marvel to think they could make a successful black superhero movie without people asking for it?

That works too.

>most whites content creators don't fuck over blacks = whites have never fucked over minorities in the media
No, that's not what I said. I said that a majority of white ocntent creators DON'T fuck over minorities because content creators typically make characters based off of their own preferences and what they know and are comfortable with. This applies to black, Asian, and Hispanic content creators too. Pay attention before you try to argue with someone.

That's a problem with literally every creator, that has nothing to do with race.

Sure, if you want to take it that way. But considering they've made two GotG movies and an Ant-Man movie, I think they're just trying to put more heroes out in the spotlight. It's a good thing, since a lot of these characters are really cool and should be more known to the mainstream public.

They made it into a Supernatural like show with Katrina being a witch who puts a spell on Crane that breaks after 200 years.
He and another have to stop the apocalypse.
It was alright for the first season and a half but then they started pulling alot of stupid shit out their ass, killed off the best characters and they should was canceled last month not even halfway into seasin 4.
It only survived to S4 because many like I was only watching for Nicole Berhie.
Its long and complicated.

This is the same website that hosts Sup Forums

Draw your own conclusions

Ichabod Crane was a spy working for George Washington, the headless horseman was one of the riders of the apocalypse and the demon Moloch was plotting to start the End of the World. There was more supernatural crap, but I didn't paid attention after season 2.

It actually does have correlation with race, sex and sexuality. Does that mean it's a causation? No, but don't try to tell me there's no correlation.

When your setting is in New York and the most diversity you can come up with is a token minority, you're doing something wrong. When your setting is in Egypt and you exclusively hire white actors, you're doing something wrong

Forgot to mention that blacks are underrepresented in media in general, so it's not really a surprise

Like people claiming WW was the first female superhero movie. Nobody remembers catwoman.

This is pretty much the first superhero movie to feature Black protagonist
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*BREATH*
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

>b-but i-its not the first movie to feature Black superheroes!!
>*posts mediocore literally who tier movies nobody ever heard of*

You've never seen Blade?

also, just because you've never heard of them doesn't mean you're not a retard

>Blade
>Hancock
>Literally who's

Who were you trying to fool, user?

>showcase magnificent Black culture & history
>fictional sci-fi African nation invented by a Jewish guy

Uh-huh.

Static Shock

And asians.

But since blacks complain the loudest they get all the special treatment.

Idk m8, i liked Blade a lot

>Will smith

>Black

user are you memeing or just retardo

>fiction created by jews

Seems like a pretty accurate portrayal of Sub-Saharan culture and history to me.

I'm sorry your parents sheltered you so hard.

Unless you were just born after the 90's. In which case, I'm even more sorry for you.

Why is America the only country with this "black culture" when everywhere else black people are just citizens?

America's too large. Two people who live in England can both relate to what it's like to be English but a person from New York has absolutely no idea what it's like to be a person from Wyoming.

So we have to figure out ways to divide ourselves into psychologically manageable smaller groups.

because muh slavery

Wakanada only got its way because alien technology and vibranium.
It was a coincidence, not a feat

>>Wah wah Black People

When are we gonna get a full on Asian superhero thing?

>even in Marvel Africans only get where they are because of (cosmic) hand outs

Funny how other ethnicities that had to deal with slavery turned out just fine while most of the Black Americans ended up becoming ghetto trash that contribute nothing to the society.

>It's a "Sup Forums takes the obvious fucking Sup Forums bait again" episode

Jesus Christ does nobody here have a brain

Black People in America failed to create a name and identity for themselves, now wants whitey to solve their own self inflicted problems. That's why you have people like Spike Lee, Cornell West, Dryson, and Melissa Perry Harris complaining about race despite being well off blacks.

we woulda been kangz

after billions of years of evolution

>Ignoring that, during American slavery, learning how to read was condemned with death
>Ignoring that American slavery was racial, and about dehumanizing slaves on every conceivable level

>Black "culture"

WE WUS KANGZ
E

W
U
S

K
A
N
G
Z

>movie
>Sup Forums

Chinese railroad workers?

lol chinese and indians don't count

>workers
said it yourself not slaves

400 year slavery of the Greeks by the Ottomans?

that's the cool word they used because they knew they couldn't use the word "slave", working for zero money and until you drop dead doesn't sound like a very well paid job.

>say something
>prove it
Oh man, bunch of cunts.

>black
>black
>black
So, it's finally happened. I can no longer see the word "black" without being annoyed. Time to quit the internet for a week or two, I guess.

Never, because Asians don't all suffer from a bizarre mix of superiority and inferiority complexes.
Also, because they have wuxia, sentai and whatever else other countries produce.

>Greeks
>Not niggers of Europe

>Thread still up
I'm impressed. Guess Sup Forumsmblr is a load of shit.

Or the janitors think it's a legitimate topic for a discussion because they only screen the front page, MAYBE the catalog.

Why are bait threads so overrepresented on Sup Forums?

It kind of works as a containment thread for the incessant whining, in theory.

Superhero movies weren't big if you weren't superman/batman/spiderman

It was fucking terrible. Clancy Brown was the most interesting character and they killed him in the pilot.

>shaped the Western World
>lol ur not white xD

Why are NordCucks so insecure?

>Never, because Asians don't all suffer from a bizarre mix of superiority and inferiority complexes.

>Chinese railroad workers
>Worse than slavery

Black Panther was made by (((Stan Lee))
Really makes me think

What a fucking disappointment desu. The movie went to shit the moment Charlize threw Will through a wall

>never heard about Blade

Maybe if you chinks complained more instead of kissing up to white people yoh would get somewhere. You only have yourselves to blame. Don't put your lack of initiative on us.