Metropolis is actually really weird looking

Metropolis is actually really weird looking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dpy96veMb5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the City of Tomorrow

It is based in Delaware. It was already an uphill battle.

DC geography in general is kind of crappy

Holy fuck those roads.

Where's Blüdhaven?

I CHOSE..... METROPOLIS

Southwest of Gotham.

Why is there an empire city and also New York?

Between Gotham and Metropolis.

Fitting since Nightwing is a Batman protege with a sunny disposition who got his name from Supes.

Deleware is the belgium of the US, no one really knows what it looks like besides passing through it.

Who builds a city on top of a dam? That's an engineering nightmare waiting to happen

I wonder what it's like to live in those areas on the outer ring. Do they feel left out?

Basically the entire point of Metropolis is "engineering nightmare".

They feel like they're still alive whenever shit goes down. Because almost nobody is doing shit outside of New Troy and occasionally Hobbs Bay.

What's even more weird is that it's sometimes depicted as covering the whole East coast in the future.

Youtube is your friend, user

youtube.com/watch?v=Dpy96veMb5I

Yeah it's very strange that these fake cities exist alongside their real life counterparts. It makes the geography really weird and hard to work. Where in the US would you put a second New York or Chicago?

Any high Rez of this? Still neat

Aren't there real neighboring Central and Keystone cities somewhere in the American midwest though?

i mean, there's already a newyork in newyork, so the solution is to put the other new york WITHIN that new york.

Metropolis is literally 15-20 minutes from where I live depending on traffic. Jesus.

Superman could save you RIGHT NOW.

They explain this by saying DC Earth is slightly larger than ours.

So Metropolis is Cape Suzette from Tailspin?

Wow, Opal City is right there between Gotham and Bludhaven and is not even a tenth the kind of shithole as either of those places

That just raises more questions.

Gotham that close to Philly would totally reshape South Jeresy's geography. Most of those cities are whacky. Has philly ever even been mentioned in DC?

more recent rendition from New Krypton

It must suck to work at the Daily Star.

Gotham is in southern NJ? Yeah, that makes sense. Right combination of old money and shit-hole.

>Batman with a jersey accent

>gotham is across the bay from metropolis
>superman isn't working full time to clean up gotham too

I really miss Metropolis being depicted as pretty futuristic. Even the slums are full of tech.

The Science Police, people going around in hover cars, high speed railways, basically all the technology that we're just waiting to be economically viable.

I thought gotham was Chicago

Opal's a fucking grab bag of everything. You've got pilgrim settler heritage, old west frontier badlands, a French quarter and art deco skyscrapers. Basically whenever some outside gang tried to turn it into a Gotham-tier shithole anyone the Starmen didn't arrest got fucking eaten by the Shade. He's Opal's greatest defender funnily enough, not the Knights or the O'Dares.

Jesus, that's the worst possible explanation for that

When people say that they're talking about design not location. I don't know a Gotham that doesn't have a sea port.

>Opal city isn't in the midwest like I thought it was
It's literally right there next to Gotham and Metropolis

This makes me so mad and I don't know why.