What is the biggest example of a comic company disrespecting their hero or fanbase?

What is the biggest example of a comic company disrespecting their hero or fanbase?
I know "replacing beloved hero with random black person" is a trick DC and Marvel love doing but I think DC took took it a step farther by writing out the original characters from existence takes that a step further.
Anyone got any other good examples of hero disrespect?

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-04.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How are any of those examples disrespect? Cyborg is his own fucking character Powergirl still exists. You're reaching with your drama pandering faggot.

>old wally is still around
>cyborg is a completely different character
>not sure what your trying to do with powergirl

Wally is/was originally envisioned as OG Wally but they fucked up his character so bad the only way to to fix it was to bring back OG Wally. Martian Manhunter wasn't overly popular and Cyborg still has his own serial so they're doing something right, Powergirl is still a character she was never replaced you're just a stupid. Waste of a thread.

THIS.
You really need to work on your bait you little causal faggot. The only people who will bite on this are the idiots from Sup Forums and Sup Forums who facilitate this kind of bullshit with fake information and conjecture. Want to start a real diversity debate and how it is forced than use facts fucker.
Get the fuck out.
Dead thread.

Yeah Op this is more of a Marvel problem. DC hasn't really done this.

Its cuz J'onn choses to be black when he takes human form so they are whining about racebending but you know they dont read comics. So they would know that none of these characters where replace.

They have... but they usually go back on it a lot faster.

>it's a "D*sney intern tries to distract from their mother company's utter contempt for their fans by acting as though their competition is worse" thread

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, shill, maybe you'll convince someone MvCI isn't a travesty.

>how is it disrespect
They replaced MM with Cyborg for no other reason than to add diversity as if MM doesn't count. Cyborg was a literally who character outside of some small fame in TT.

>Cyborg has his own serial
That is failing horribly. Cyborg is literally doing worse than MM did.

>he thinks an alien counts when hes basically green superman
Go away virgin.

>OP mentions Marvel
>It's ok when DC does the things I hate Marvel for doing
user, you have a case of the retarded fanboy.

>Green superman
Fuck this meme you retarded tripfag. They are both aliens that have powers but outside of that that is all they have in common.

Technically they've done it BUT they do it right case in point Jaime Reyes, n52 Wally(I know he isn't perfect but he's a decent character) and Deadshot etc;

>Marvel

"CHECK OUT MUH DIVERSITY GUYS" and they create their character around whatever minority they choose and that's it

>DC
"Yea we're gonna have this random kid who isn't special, he's not that smart, he's kinda stubborn and nerdy too... Oh yea let's make him Mexican let's go talk to a bunch of Mexican artists, writers etc; and do proper research we don't wanna be lame like Marvel lols.."

Citation needed, last I check his numbers were solid.

>Hasn't really done this
See the OP image. The only reason OG Wally came back is because Johns fought so hard, same with powergirl but with fan outrage.

What I want to know is why was MM phased out and replaced with Cyborg when they could have just kept MM and added Cyborg?
Why can't they both belong in the Justice League at the same time?

>OP mentions Marvel
>but DC is way worse don't you think? See my attached image!
>SEE I - I MEAN "HE" SAID MARVEL SO YOU CAN'T TELL HE'S A PAID SHILL

Quick, OP, I think someone gullible enough to buy Battlefront 2 is reading Sup Forums right now! Better get on over there!

Considering how hard you are sucking that DC dick user it's amazing you would call anyone else a shill.

Powergirl was never "removed from existence", she went back to earth 2.

Wally might not be badly written (any more) but that doesn't stop it being a horrible amount of disrespect to the OG wally to literally make him not exist any more in a random comic issue and then a few month later replace him with a random black kid who acts nothing at all like Wally.

At least he fought for him, Marvel higher ups are content with fucking over the old characters for the new ones.

People were reeeeeeeing about Blally but they couldn't kill him because it would have been a PR nightmare and Johns came in and said "Why not have both?" and they did.

Also Blally is not as obnoxious or stereotypical as he was and he gets his ass kicked from time to time and learns from it, he's not perfect like Miles and doesn't one shot anyone.

Even DC's black girl genius Tanya Spears is miles ahead of Riri Williams in terms of character personality, motivations, and development.

I never said Wally isn't a good character, I enjoy him and find him more interesting than Barry. In fact I hope he replaces Barry as the Flash one day, but DC literally removed Wally, the man who was a Justice League core member and main character of The Flash comic for 25 years straight out of existence and then tried to pretend he never existed. Even Mark Waid left DC out of anger for how badly they disrespected the OG Wally. Even now DC execs make sure Wally doesn't get too much attention because it might hurt their synergy strategy.
As far as Martain manhunter goes he might have gotten it even worse than Wally. DC execs might hate OG Wally but at least Johns loves him and fought for him, Martain Manhunter hasn't been seen or heard in years, he doesn't exist and the only way he could possibly come back is if they decided to use him in a movie.

That's silly user, you can't have TWO characters that you proceed to repeatedly underuse. You'd have to make one of them actually important.

You realize most of Sup Forums reads DC and not marvel right? OP asked for some examples, why not give him some Marvel examples?
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-04.html
Cyborg is doing around 13k a month which isn't the worst (Blue Beetle is doing 8k) but it's still bad numbers that would normally lead to it being cancelled but DC wants to push Cyborg.

>Martian Manhunter = Cyborg

>basically Green Superman
Damn Spoiler, we know you're a casual for all things not Batman related, but you don't have to go shouting it like that.

Man, if I were about to say retarded shit I would turn off my Trip so people wouldn't know it was me.

All these mad virgins

>Going to a japanese image board looking for attention yet calling others virgins

you forgot hal jordan being replaced by john stewart.

>Jordan is going to get pushed more in the comics and movie than Kyle, guy, ect because he is black despite being the worst GL

At least im not angry at an obvious joke.

No user, I laugh at jokes. See I am laughing at you right now.

Wally and Martian got the short end of the stick with the continuity reboot by being made nonexistent in both the comics and all future media, for brand synergy. Bally was an icing on the shitcake Wally fans were expected to lap up.

The New 52 undoubtedly treated these characters pretty bad, with the exception of J'onn getting a book. But while that one was quite good, it was cancelled and didn't have the same movie synergy that protected Cyborg.

>literally NO U

Here's one you might not have heard on your short stay on this site, mister intern:
Lurk Moar

I wish they never called Bally "wally". If he was his own character with the name "William West" or something it would have been less offensive.

Ooohhh sick burn. Well played. I set myself up for that.

Was MM actually black in the comics? People keep saying this but I only remember seeing it in the cartoons. I know his 90s run had him living a variety of lives from kitty cat to Godzilla.

My mom gave me a gold star for that one.

Jordan isn't black, what the hell are you talking about

The way they shitted over Martian Manhunter is criminal. He was a classic member of the League and he was replaced by a Teen Titan.

He had a lot of disguises but I think they made his John Jones alias black in Smallville and then that idea carried over into Young Justice, Supergirl and other media.

Im totlly ok with all those 3, black ppl with powers that are not electricity

So is it just editorial fanboyism that allowed this? Like the same reason Hal got made into the Jesus of GL?

I now find it funny that MM is the one character everyone is ok with being blackwashed.

Oops, meant to put John

The only good black superheroes use electricity so going away from that was clearly a bad thing.

Biggest disrespect is convincing morons to care so deeply about their IP farms.

What about luke cage???

Is Black Power Girl still around? I remember Power Girl being super popular and then kind of dropping off the map but I don't think I've seen that replacement since she was announced.

They turned him black because of the TV show casting the Wests as black, even though Wally in the comics was nothing like how he'd be in the show and it was fairly obvious.
William West was also already taken, and the character wouldn't last long if he was obviously Wally but black and a hooligan.
Calling him Wally set him in stone. It's why Bendis made Iceman gay, instead of having a gay take the mantle from
Bobby Drake. You can't really revert that without a shitstorm. It'd take divine intervention to undo it, which is basically what the Rebirth event is.

She's been in Deathstroke.

It started out that way. There was one or two people in DC who were huge Barry fanboys. Eventually they convinced the rest of DC that Barry is right for movies and TV and that he should be the only one to get attention to make sure that The Flash is a success. Johns wasn't even allowed to write Wally stories without DC throwing them out.

Is there a reason the TV show and movies want to turn the West family black? Is it because someone at WB has a fetish for interracial?

op is a marlel falseflagger

Nice counter argument, you sure showed us and put your vast knowledge of DC characters and lore fully on display for us ignoramuses, didn't ya?

Probably compensating for getting rid of a WoC like Linda Park as a love interest.

Yeah and they replaced Wonder Woman with Black Canary in the 80's and Batman and Superman weren't even actually founding JLA members until the modern age.

Shit changes, get over it.

>You aren't allowed to complain about a company pisses off their fans, get over it you entitled fan!

More like some executive decided "Barry is gonna be in movies so we have to push him", probably also the same idiot who thought "Kid Flash is his sidekick right? So we gotta make him a black guy to get the urban market in the theaters" and everyone else just rolled with it including making Iris black in order for Wally being black to make any sense.

Like said it probably just started as someone like Didio telling said executive about Barry Allen and Kid Flash and then he got dollar signs in his eyes.

What people gotta realize is that even though guys like Didio can be spiteful with regards to characters they don't like like Dick and the Young Justice crew, they're still comic fans just like us. When fanboys fuck around with the line you get shit like Rise of Arsenal and Gay for Justice and Countdown, stuff that can be pretty easily forgotten about later down the road.

When executives who want to make movie franchises fuck around you get shit like the New 52 and black Wally and Cyborg on the Justice League and "a younger, edgier DC universe!". It's two very different types of retardation and you can easily see the difference at Marvel as well.

It's literally only because they wanted to make Wally black because every Hollywood movie going back a long time has to have a funny black sidekick.

You probably had some asshat decide they were gonna have black Wally and then people who actually knew shit about the comics realized they had no choice but to make Iris and the rest of the family black for that to make any sense at all.

Wally wasn't part of the New 52 for several years and THAT was probably courtesy of Didio and Lee and Harras hating legacies, but Wally being black on the show was probably some executive, and THAT was when they decided to make him black in the comics, too.

>Hating legacies
How can someone have tastes so shit and have any sort of power?

Because being in editorial is about managing people and managing company expectations, it's about being the link between executives and creators, between the money and the art.

Thus, things like taste are not relevant to the job description. See: Quesada.

Back in the day being an editor was about managing the quality of the line and overseeing the stories and universe, but that's not true anymore.

But also, power comes from success as well, which is at least partially tied to talent and therefore taste. Johns has power because his books are successful. The downside is you have people like Lee who are also successful and make lots of money and thus have power.

Jesse was the first West casted the rest followed.

>Original Wally and Barry still around and major characters, Blally barely gets any spotlight compared to them.
>John Johns is black
>Black powergirl isn't even around anymore plus regular PG still exists.
What are you talking about? DC doesn't do raceswap stunts, you're barking to the wrong tree.

Try Marvel.

>Doesn't do raceswap stunts
You are an idiot.
>original Wally still around
Only now and that is because Johns specifically fought for him. DC wanted only Black Wally.
>John Johns is black
But not black enough so he got replaced.

prove him fucking wrong then, the only good solo martian manhunter was silver age MM

That has nothing to do with MM being like supes.

>You are an idiot.
Whenever DC introduces a character of a new race, they do it for the sake of the story and never advertise it as a publicity stunt unlike Marvel's every single new character.

Remember that Tweet about Bizarro? That's DC's stance on it.

You're an imbecile.

>Only now and that is because Johns specifically fought for him. DC wanted only Black Wally
That would still have left Barry, so you're still an imbecile.

>But not black enough so he got replaced.
You're an imbecile.

>One of the MANY MANY flashes is black.
>Cyborg exists, and so does Martian Manhunter
>They added a different powergirl who is black, while also keeping the old one.

I hope hiro combines /mlp/ with Sup Forums again to punish your feckin daft mindset.