Can someone explain Reverse-Flash to me? So this dude is just as powerful as the Flash, oftentimes more powerful...

Can someone explain Reverse-Flash to me? So this dude is just as powerful as the Flash, oftentimes more powerful, but he's evil and pragmatic and lacks anything holding him back. So why isn't he considered a bigger threat? He can travel through time, punch harder than a supernova, move millions of times faster than the speed of light, and he's a super-genius on top of it all. Shouldn't he basically be the ultimate villain of the DCU?

how many people do you think he could kill in one go before anyone even realized what was going on

>So why isn't he considered a bigger threat?
Because hes a petty asshole that only gives a fuck about fucking with the Flash and often times the stuff he does is done in such a way that no one even knows what he did

He should, but he doesn't care.
He is a force of nature. If he wants to go to a specific place in a specific moment there's nothing you can do to stop him. I mean, sure, you can stop him, retrain him or even kill him, but in the end , that doesn't change a thing; he'll be up and running in no time, and will travel in time and space to where he wants to go.
If he wanted, he could kill anyone a million times, and then adopt the child version of whoever he just killed (orphaned because of him, of course), and there'd be nothing that could stop him.
He is one of the most frightening things in comics, when you stop to think about it, really.

The question is:
Zoom is better than him or Eobard is better than Zoom?

He's from the future and his becoming Zoom is directly tied into Barry Allen Becoming the Flash. Thawne gained his powers by re-creating the experiment that gave Barry his powers. He hates Barry (I don't remember the convoluted reason why, it involves a lot of time travel), but essentially he cannot kill Barry because if he does, then Thawne wouldn't have known about the flash in the future and would have been able to copy his powers. So since he cannot kill Barry, he decided to make his life as miserable as possible by destroying his life short of him not becoming the flash. One of his attempts to ruin Barry's life was killing his mother when he was a young boy, which actually became the reason Barry became a forensic scientist and was in that lab when the lightning struck, turning him into the Flash. So Thawne had created an infinite existential loop, since now he created the Flash and the Flash will create Zoom. This became more complicated when Thawne literally removed himself from the space-time continuum, created the negative speed force, and a whole bunch of other stuff (I'm not a flash reader, this is just my understanding from all of the previous Flash/Zoom threads).

Essentially, Zoom is more powerful and has more abilities and ways to use his abilities than the Flash, he just only really cares about making Barry Allen's life a living hell.

Reverse Flash only has a SINGLE goal which is to make Flash miserable and he also can't kill Flash because then he'll cease to exist, and in fact in some continuities actually has to keep Flash on track to accomplish additional feats or fulfill certain events to avoid changing the future and survive.

I remember that one page they had him detained and he played Captain Boomerang into releasing him but knowing the world of DC if not Boomerang some other villain would have gotten him out or plot device.

Like all evil speedsters his problems are all personal,his obsession was always the flash,it just became hate when he realized his fate was to be eternally defeated,killed and humiliated by his idol.Same with Hunter,Inertia or Rival there problems with the flash family are personal,besides even if speedsters tried to conquer the world there still pretty vulnerable to jobbing or magic,reverse flash has no way to stop deadman just possessing him or dr fate just trapping him in another dimension etc

What is this, a Zoom for ants?

He's too obsessed with Barry to be anyone else's big bad.

Why doesn't he want to do anything other than make Flash miserable? He may as well be God, he can do anything.

What makes you think he isn't both of them AT THE SAME TIME!!!

If he knew he was destined to be Flash's enemy why didn't he change it? He didn't seem to have issue changing things in Flash's life

Eobard is easily better. As said, he's one of the most potentially dangerous people in the DCU, but luckily for most he's only interested in ruining history for one fellow.

Zolomon isn't meant to be a replacement for Thawne, he's just Wally's version of the same basic concept. His powers make him a great threat to the speedsters because he isn't really a speedster himself but also uses "speed".

But he doesn't have the potential for timeline fuckery that Thawne has, he's just a physical match for Wally.

Butchering the Justice League and killing every single person in Central City would probably make Barry pretty miserable, so why doesn't he do that?

He would do it, but only if he could tell Barry how he wasn't fast enough to save them and blow his speedload at the sight of Barry's tears.

He's from the future and doesn't want to accidentally erase himself, having too much of an impact is playing with fire.

Hence he just sticks to psychological torment and petty inconvenience.

Because when you start messing with the JLA you get the full brunt of the JLA coming down upon you. Too much of a hassle.

So you'd not only need to wipe out the League but all of their friends and family that would come after him, and the Time Hunters who would come after him, and the Black Flash who would come after him, and even gods would start getting involved.

Fucking with time too much draws too much attention. None of the time-protecting entities would really care if it's just fucking with one guy.

Remember that time on Super Friends when the Legion of Doom thought they were super clever for fucking with the origins of all the superheroes, and it ended up being a disaster when the JLA caught on?

I think part of it is basic resentment, he knows he'll always be in Barry's shadow (since he's in essence a knockoff and fanboy of him) so he'll make the fucking most of it by being the biggest asshole possible

Pettiness is a hell of a thing. A hell of a thing.

all of the people

Because he hates Flash

That's something I never understood about Zolomon. If he is only manipulating time then why does it show him as being so fast he can go miles instantly like the flash? Wouldn't he just be walking normally from his perspective? He'd be super tired by the time he caught up with Wally.

See... if Barry knows that the Flash is the reason why the Reverse Flash exists, then why doesn't Barry just stop? Stop being Flash . It's that easy.

This

Anyone have any rule63 art of Thawne? That shit is both hilarious and arousing to me

That art does not match what's going on at all

He can kill flash as long as it's after he became flash

So Thawne is pretty much immortal now isn't he? the double whammy of FP and then lightning striking his new 52 self seemingly has made him an actual paradox who can be put down but not out

As if he needed any more powers.