MCU

So we know they're gonna have to reboot this series eventually, actors get older, continuity builds up, etc.

When though?

After Evans and RDJ are done.

Those are the only two characters they ABSOLUTELY cannot replace.

Once they call it quits, MCU as we know it will end.

Then we'll see a new MCU shortly after, with the Fantastic 4 and Doom as centerpieces. (After Marvel gets the right back)

Not immediately after. They'll try and squeeze a bunch after they are done and will try to replace them.

Only after that fails will they reboot.

>(After Marvel gets the right back)
How many times will Fox try to hold onto the license?

That's actually why they're replacing all the characters in the comic books for.
At least, that was the original idea. It's kinda backfired on them.

Basically, when RDJ finally decides to step down, instead of giving some poor sod the unenviable position of trying to follow him as Tony Stark, they'll just move the story along and tell Riri's story. Same continunity, same universe, same merchandising deals, zero potential character confusion.

Same deal with Falcon Cap and Asian Hulk and Girl Thor and on and on and on.

Basically turning them into legacy characters so they never have to worry about ruining in-universe immersion by casting Army Hammer as Tony Stark

>So we know they're gonna have to reboot this series eventually

Nah, they'll just "James Bond" it.

F4 has a higher probability than X-Men to go back into Marvel/Disneys hands

I'd rather the MCU keep going. We're finally tackling stuff that we've haven't already known for 50 years, and it's actually exciting to see them move beyond the staples. Why the fuck do people act like Iron Man and Captain America were always the most famous Marvel characters when both were C-List until the films?

A complete reboot with new actors and every thing, in over a decade but under 20 decades

So fucking wrong. Spidey is the new lead in the MCU, and probably Captain Marvel as well

Thing is, Marvel has the right idea, but the wrong implementation. Move onto other heroes and let other faces take over. BUT, don't just make another Iron Man or any of that stupid shit. Bucky Cap and Falcon Cap make sense, but there's really no more stories left to tell with Iron Man. Make Black Panther the new Iron Man. Keep things new and fresh. Stop acting like the same characters we've had for the decade are it.

>Spidey is the new lead in the MCU,
Ah yes, the character who could be yanked away from Marvel any time Sony is unhappy will be the new lead.

I don't see the need for a singular lead when you are making 3 movies a year.

>MCU reboot
>have to see everyones origin story again

I think we all know for a fact that they won't.

But a part of me still really, REALLY hopes the entire MCU takes its grand bow after Infinity Whatever.

At that point, it will have been more than 10 solid years of these movies, and people are really starting to fall out of love with the concept.

We're all basically over origin story movies, we're digging deeper into the barrel for new movie ideas, after Infinity War, we'll basically have gone and done literally everything Comic Books have done outside of retarded Final Crisis style continuity housecleaning and it's painfully obvious that's where we're going to end up if we don't quit while we're ahead.

Infinity War 2 will be the perfect end-point. There's basically nowhere left to go after that but down. So please just stop. These movies are still great and I still enjoy them, and I don't want the X-Files effect, where the later material is so bad it retroactively taints all the good stuff. Because that's where we're headed.

DON'T REBOOT, RETARDS!

Every series that reboot basically just distills and dilutes the iconic scenes from the last franchise. You'll get a Captain America film where Cap is already on the battlefield without the puny Roger's buildup. They'll just clumsily have Thor be on Earth and run into other heroes. The Avengers will not feel as fresh just so they can squeeze Spider-Man in there. Nothing about reboots work because they skim through the emotional beats because we've seen them before, and everything else gets rearranged or changed to a point where it doesn't work.
The MCU should just keep going. That would be the best strategy. Do you think Marvel would even get their reboot MCU off the ground? It'll flop in 2 films!

See, now we're getting into the meat of the problem, and that problem is the fact that the same characters we've had for the last decade (the last four decades, really) ARE it.

Do you think they'll give those 2 the "Logan" treatment? i.e where they play an older version of the characters "one last time" with a heartfelt sacrifice as its premise?

>ANADCU

>>Bucky and Peggy Carter are more prominent in Cap's origins...but now Peggy is black.
>>Peggy Carter is still alive in the present, and is now Nick Fury.
>>Forced Wolverine cameo in WWII
>>Much more Loki in Thor
>>Spider-Man is an even bigger faggot.

I love legacy heroes. Imagine if the original Robin was never allowed to grow older? We'd never have Nightwing, Dickbats, spy Grayson. We'd never have any of the other Robins either.

Or if Jay had to stay the Flash forever, we'd never have any of the others.

Don't reboot. Move forward, give Rhodey a chance to be Iron Man, then Riri. Try BuckyCap or FalconCao. Even give Whor a chance I guess. They made the right move casting a young actor as Spidey. But once he's done? Try Miles or Mayday of Miguel.

Personally? I'd rather enjoy an MCU free of Thanos and Infinity Wars hype. I think it'd be more interesting to try to keep going after such big stuff.

I mean, every time people get sick of a story and start a new one, you're just watching the same setup where the villain is in power and the hero learns to beat them.

No remakes
No reboots
No more new characters. In five years, what the fuck are we even going to have left? Do you guys really want a fucking Stilt-Man movie? Fuck off.

No more. Just stop.
You won Superhero movies, Marvel. Congratulations. Now take a victory lap and go to sleep for at least a decade.

But that's bullshit! You can have unique ideas and build off new franchises. The problem is that Marvel is so impatient for immediate hits that they either scrap them or screw the pooch. Runaways is a series that had all the momentum, then they put writers on who shat the bed and canceled it. Kamala Khan is one of the best new characters in a long time, but then they event her to hell and made her an Avenger too fast.
And seeing how Marvel stopped the Runaways movie and made it a Hulu show (Thanks Spider-Man), we can clearly see that Marvel doesn't know where to go next. Hell, New Warriors, Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, Ghost Rider, all this shit could have been easy movie franchises. We'll really have to see what titles Marvel roles out with Phase 4, but I'm worried it'll just be a full lineup of sequels and a Spider-Man film every two years (With no Venom)

>MCU
>heartfelt anything

Evens won't do Cap beyond Avengers 4. He's gonna die there.
It's why I like the MCU. Things have to age in real time, so the status quo has to change. Though, I think the latest line of legacies suck though.

>Do you guys really want a fucking Stilt-Man movie?

It could happen. There was an Ant-man movie, and that's something that a decade ago I would never have expected would be a thing.

>reboot
why not just switch to legacy heros?
like MC2 or something?

Moveis can do what comics wont

Stilt-Man is a villain.

Besides, I'd go for Thunderbolts, Eternals, Agents of Atlas...
I had a date...

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THERE'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO A REBOOT AND STILL KEEP THE MCU GOING AT THE SAME TIME!!!

it's not gonna last that long. I'll say by 2020 even normies will be fed up and after Infinity War everyone will just move on.

This. Marvel needs to stop.

It is true that a lot of my friends are tired of cape films, but I doubt they will just die out.

They won't stop until they start getting flops. These movies will keep getting made as long as the money pours in.

>captain America
>ever a C-lister
>ever below an A+ lister along with spidey, wolverine, and hulk

Retard, and iron man was a B-lister till his movie

After Infinity war they should focus on doing movies that AREN'T all meant to be interwoven together. do stand alone stuff like Logan, or Deadpool, where its only tangentally tied to something else if at all... and desu i think they need to look outside The Avengers for characters and ideas for good movies, not blockbuster, sell all the toys and tshirts you can shit.

But its Disney now so... probably nothing interesting will happen.

Of course I do

90's - 2000's, it was X-Men and Spider-Man. Even Punisher was more popular than Cap.

If F8 and the Furious can make a BILLION dollars, I think the MCU is fine. We're up to the 8th fucking Fast and the Furious film and it's making billions of dollars a film.

????

>they'll just move the story along and tell Riri's story

The people lining up for RDJ aren't going to line to a sassy black 16yo.

yeah you can tell the underagers, back in the 90's they fuckign killed off the avengers and f4 and just had x-men/spider-man.

>>SHIELD is the Devil
>>UGH, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm evil.

>>Back in the 90's
Everyone from the 90's is 18 by now except those born at 1999.

Avengers were always beneath the X-Men until the MCU started to pick up steam. Acting like everyone was gaga for Cap and Iron Man during the hayday of the 90's and all that is stupid.

Just let the MCU breath after Infinity War by focusing on smaller scale stories, before tackling the next world-ending event.

>focusing on smaller scale stories,
Isn't that Spider-Man Homecoming? The film all of Sup Forums is bashing for looking too basic?

In all honesty? It seems that the MCU is finally going big with Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther and GOTG 2.

>Once they call it quips
Ftfy

>And seeing how Marvel stopped the Runaways movie and made it a Hulu show
which is such a shame, because the original Runaways story would have made a great film

we can't risk there being a generation of kids not raised on origin story movies

>IT'S ALMOST LIKE THERE'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO A REBOOT AND STILL KEEP THE MCU GOING AT THE SAME TIME!!!
i dont follow you

Exactly! Remove the Vampire an Cloak and Dagger issues, and that's an easy 2 hour film!

Have the MCU keep going with all the changes, but make an Ultimate MCU to reboot stuff from the early MCU.

> falconcap. we don't speak those words round here nigga. It's buckycap or bust.

do you not know how Movies work???? They make them to Make MONEY

Didnt RDJ already call it quits, saying Infinity Wat is his last cape flick?

oh
meh
not worth it at all

"This is the first Captain America movie, but not the FIRST First Captain America movie. But it takes place in the same universe, and they still cross over sometimes."
Oh god, that's the fucking LAST thing we need

RDJ likes money
and Iron mad is an easy role

I get everyone's love for RDJ, but I have never seen Evans as the definitive cap. The only awkwardness from recasting to me would be everyone pretending it's the same guy as Evans so many movies in, but if they made a standalone movie with a new Cap actor with minimal references to the past, I could accept that.

>but there's really no more stories left to tell with Iron Man

How about one where he doesn't fight a rival businessman?

More like do Ultimates, and then do Secret Wars.

Age of Ultron? The Avengers?

Even the comics never strayed that far from other robot villains.

After RDJ and Evans leave, Captain Marvel, Spiderman, and probably Ms. Marvel at some point become the focal pieces. The Fantastic Four if they ever get the rights back, too. Then Miles Morales, etc.

Then they'll just go with increasingly obscure characters for as long as they can get away with it before recasting Cap and Tony.

I don't think there'll ever be a hard reboot, just slowly pretending old movies didn't happen, like how Black Widow has a different personality in each movie.

It would be nice to see an MCU that completely changes. Rather have new than another TFA.

Evans' Cap is based as fuck.
He TWS and CW are really good with the character.
in the first Cap and the avengers films he's kind of "eh"

The potential answer the question has already been reported/teased by marvel in the press...

There general plan is to use the finale of the infinity wars, and particularly the reality warping aspect of the storyline to basically recast/rework/reframe the characters and the actors that play them... obviously simple answer, difficult execution.

Again, the MCU can do what 616 and 1610 haven't and even what the DCU have not.

Movies are "real" the people in them are real.
obscure characters, original stories, original characters, MC2, future stories, etc
those are all possible things and I'd want to see that.

movies aren't for reboots until like 40 years go by.

>nd particularly the reality warping aspect of the storyline
???
what?

Nobody is gonna buy some sassy black teenager who is Bendis' mary sue as the new face of marvel, nor would they pay that asshole a single cent of royalties.

If anything it reads like Disney asked marvel to drum up a new era of heroes, and people who would take the mantle, and they said" you got it!" Except they forgot that marvel has no direction, editorial, people with taste, artists, or writers. And the only talented people they have left are too expensive, so they paid that faggot Bendis to do it and he did a shit job, as usual. I guess they hate Defalco enough not to use his superior MC2.

I also don't understand the reason for worrying about a change to a god, they're gods, they can change shape whenever they feel like it. Maybe Thor likes to look a little different every few years or so.

It is fascinating that so many wanted rMCU rebooted purely so they can dream of changes that suit them.

Reboots are for failures. You don't reboot unless what is going on isn't working. MCU is working, so they will keep making MCU until it doesn't work anymore. And by then people wouldn't be asking for reboots, they would be asking for it to be shut down.

Thus if fans are asking for reboots, it is proof it doesn't need one.

I loved the first Cap. It had a style the rest of the MCU doesn't have.

Hell, we're seeing what another Spider-Man reboot is like.

Honestly, the MCU's biggest mistake was starting without all the rights to everything, and then spreading all their TV shows all over different networks.

They can't keep X-Men as canon, thanks to actors leaving and time travel plotholes, but they aren't gonna waste 5 movies adding them to the canon.

The smart thing would have been to not announce anything after infinity Wars that way they could just reboot every fucking thing and nobody can say shit about it. They could literally just add ultimate to everybody's fucking movie and people will just be okay with it.

oh, i loved the first Cap movie, but I didn't in my seat giggling "BASED CAP!!!!" during that film.
it's def a good movie though, the MCU is vanilla and standardized as fuck now.

have they announced anything post IF?

So basically the movies are about the infinity gauntlet... who ever wields the stones can reshape reality.

Thing is, I don't think Marvel would still be around if it weren't for the MCU. The MCU was the best and worst thing to happen to Marvel, and it's kind of the thing that cements this current age of superheroes.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
Not to mention, the Dr. Strange Mordo stuff.

OH, and Spider-Man 2.

You know, why not wait til you see Infinity Wars before calling for a reboot.

DOOMQUEST.

>You know, why not wait til you see Infinity Wars before calling for a reboot.
People who want a reboot just don't care for MCU. Thus there is no point paying attention to them.
Like that one user once who told me that he don't give a shit how messed up the MCU would get, that he would destroy everything just to seee Miles on screen in live action. Or another one saying the same thing about Kamala Khan. Fans who are only in interested in ONE character, tend to have entirely destructive demands that basically wanted to burn down the MCU for their own amusement.

I don't you'll ever see live action Miles unless they go the route of making him a sidekick/partner to an older Peter. Do you have any idea how pissed casuals would be about seeing young Pete beaten to death in front of his family and then some new kid who goes to a boarding school shows up to be Spider-Man with people praising him for it?

Thing is, they might eventually go that route. Each film has to bring in new characters to keep things fresh.

they shouldn't reboot. just kill the older heroes and let new ones take their place. don't make new ironman, just have his roll filled by another rich tech hero.

Not necessarily, you still have many stories you can explore with an adult Peter who normally gets shafted for his high school years with maybe a bit of college. Murdering everyone, especially your big names isn't a good move. A kid who's a Spider-Man fan isn't going to want to see Spider-Man beaten to death and actually be dead after going basically nowhere with his life beyond setting up the Spider-Man brand for others to assume.

Adding to this, adult Peter in the comics usually gets fucked by his high school self who he has to act like when he's 26 because the people currently running Marvel can't let go of the period before Gwen died.

>Comedy Universe with none of the more compelling characters of Marvel

Let it die.

It would have died years ago, but it became a trendy meme.

>So basically the movies are about the infinity gauntlet... who ever wields the stones can reshape reality.
yeah, but what makes you think they're really going to exploit that on a meta level?

>OH, and Spider-Man 2.
kek
>People who want a reboot just don't care for MCU. Thus there is no point paying attention to them.
THIS

T H I S

Thing is, trilogies are usually the magic number, and beyond that, actors tend to feel tired. Tom Holland says he'll be Spidey for 20 years, but remember RDJ saying he'd never stop playing Iron Man?

I just don't want to see it bleed into the comics and Peter gets dicked over again for not being 15 forever. The MCU can go to hell for all I care.

The Superhero film fad with die in 4 years at most. After IW, it's all downhill.