Writefag thread

come and shill your fanfic

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7926028
archiveofourown.org/works/7194098
archiveofourown.org/works/7670044
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I write Gravity Falls fanfic. Most of them involve Mabel suffering

I'm writing a story specifically for Sup Forums where Batman wants to dick Superwoman. It's neat.

I have a few Batman fics in mind, yet can't seem to find the time/motivation to do them.

I only have one fanfic, but it isn't written down and it belongs on Sup Forums

I'm working on a story that I mean to turn I to a comic when it's finished. The issue with reading lots of comics is that no matter what you write, you'll always find similarities with other stories. I'm struggling to keep this different from a Runaways and X-Men crossover. All original cast, but fairly low powered with the most uncounterable power not having much practical use in the type of story this is (nobody remembers him, ever. They don't see him in photos, they don't know he's there. None of the cast will aknowledge him. For the first few chapters I'll sprinkle background hints like an extra pair of shoes at the door or an extra setting at the diner table, until the reveal that he's been there so even the audience doesn't notice him.)
It's going well, if slowly. Walking the fine line between "different enough to not be a copy of any other work" and "nonsensical character choices for diversity's sake".

Gib link my dude

I'm a writer. I do some fapfics and an ongoing novel four volumes deep. I won't shill the novel, and only one fic is slightly Sup Forums related.

It ain't done yet. I'm writing it first with Bruce and CLARK, then changing all the parts with Clark to Clara so I know I'm writing just a feminine Superwoman.

When it comes to fan fic, I only write intentionally shitty over the top fics in an attempt to master the art of shit writing that people can mistaken for intentionally written fiction that is just bad.

I'll be waiting on you to finish

I'm planning to write a series of Iron Man books. I'm studying physics/engineering, so I want to be confident enough in my knowledge to add some realism to the whole thing.

Anyway, I'm writting the rough patch, but essentially it'd start fairly grounded, and be more focused on the industrial aspect of Tony. As time goes on, he'd start developing new tech, and the world would get crazier. The super-heroics would follow, and as soon as I hit the transhuman/extremis point, it'd turn full on Asimov.

Using that angle I'd also take an Immortal-esque Tony to the future for some Star Trek/Dune type of stories.

I could go into more detail.

Doing Godswork user

>I could go into more detail.
Please go on. And what villains will be involved?

What makes a story YA?

Mature themes without explicit content. Talking about sexual relationship but not involving sex, for example.

Alright, we start off with Tony inheriting his father's modest arms company. I'll bump it a bit and have his grandpa being in WWII. The series picks up in 2020, with Tony 30 yo and having turned Stark Ammunitions into Stark Industries, which is US based but has some plants in Europe & Asia.

The origin is the same as in the books (shrapnel) but Tony's first suit looks like the Ultimate one and requires some effort to get into it, as it's not that well-developed yet.

Mutants don't exist in this world, but the Ultimates do and they're SHIELD's secret team. SHIELD's headed by White Fury & is a global organization. Captain America was based on Fury's WWII adventures, but was turned into an in-universe comic-book alongside other characters.

Anyway, for at least a while the stories would be very "boardroom-focused". Pepper and Happy would get more character, we'd get some corporate plots, stuff like that. Very "Mad Men". The starting villains would be reworked versions of Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man (Asian in this version), Radioactive Man, Ghost, etc, etc. Really play on the politics angle.

As time moves on, we'd move to some shady conspiracy stuff. A reworked HYDRA, AIM, and the Intelligencia would play a big role. Meanwhile, Stark's suit would continue to evolve.

At the mean time, I'd have Doom be closely tied to him, rework the Maker, and make the Mandarin more in tune with his Armored Adventures concept. Bring in his half-brother Gregory into the mix as well. Maybe do something with Arno.

Eventually we'd hit the point of Extremis, and then we'd go into some Bioshock/Asimov stuff with futuristic cities, forced changes and whatnot. Really focus on transhumanism.

Eventually humanity would advance too much since all this comic-book tech would have an impact in the world, and we'd get some Star Trek plots with Tony being the frontrunner of space exploration. I'd work the Director of SHIELD bit at some point as well.

[cont]

The most important thing would be Stark's character, who I'd return back to his roots. He'd be a conservative and a capitalist who values Western values.

He wants to abolish war, but he's not in favor of assimilating cultures, for some things are best left seperate. Basically the "everyone in his corner" view. As time goes on and humanity progresses he would use his growing power to get rid of stuff he deems backwards and harmful to humanity.

Also, I'd drop the overused atheist bit and return him back to his Deist/Secular Christian roots. It wouldn't be a major plot-point, but it'd add a bit to the stories. Another change would be that while his father's side is of German descent, his mom would be Greek. It'd play a role with Gregory being more of a Nord and featuring the class of ideologies and cultures.

Basically my Tony would be a serious and calculating guy who has some trouble truly connecting with people, but he genuinely enjoys life and so he'd get around with the ladies. I'd tackle alcoholism at some point and his relationship with his parents, but I'd leave out depression.

One major change would be that I'd turn Rhodey into more of an antagonist rather than a friend. He'd be a US General who'd slowly climb the ranks and eventually become the US President. Maybe rework Justin Hammer as Stark's Osborn as well.

Bump

teenage girls and their love interests.

You're reading a post

Im not writing a straight up fanfic.

It's kind of shitting on a IP but it's not a fanfic.

All fanfics are shitty, now that's out of the way tell me about your shittty OC

Writer Here.

As comic readers with experience under your belts (you guys are literally the authority), I want to propose a few questions directed your way.

To set the stage, the tone of the universe can be thought of as The Authortiy's unvierse although much much smaller in scale (rarely going beyond the planet until later in the series).When introducing items/technology into the world, do I need to provide a sufficient explanation or can I just say "Anti-Grav boots" and not have to go any further.

I appreciate what Warren Ellis does, wherein he attempts to explain the science or internal logic to an extent on how this stuff works (his creator stuff is filled with this), or can I just adopt the mantra, "shut up and go with it", assuming that I don't introduce anything too shithouse.

Concepts Present in Comic
>Physics with huge handicaps as a result of theirpowers.
>Reality Warpers are treated as the end all/be all of threats (cause they can literally rewrite the rules).
>Anti-Grav Boots.
>Indestructible Costumes
>Secret Governments
>Hero Legislation
>No Clear Explanation for Powers (spontaneious apeparance in 1950s with no explanation).
>Heroes fueled by faith.
>Taking someone with Plastic Man's powers and "going for gold!".
>Supertech in teh police department so they're just as effective towards criminals as they are heroes (because it always fucking seems that when a hero goes "rogue" is when the police force magically becomes competent. Fuck that noise).
>Duplication Machine
>Multiversal exploration.
>Speedsters based on accelerating their metabolism, leading to their subjective experience of slowing down time.
>Varieties of Teleportation (instantaneous transport, throwing molecules, within universe portal hopping).
>NO TIME TRAVEL (that's just a can of worms).

I feel like most of this stuff is pretty reasonable and shouldn't require an in-universe explanation (hopefully). If not, point out the stuff that might cause issues.

>do I need to provide a sufficient explanation or can I just say "Anti-Grav boots" and not have to go any further.
Personally I don't care for hearing pseudo science behind fictional technology. I think just outlining clearly defined limitations and methods of use lend plenty of credibility when the need arises.

Only the most hard of asses will pick a part anything in a work of fiction. So I don't believe you need to worry about it too much one thing you do need to watch out for is having them think the setting takes place in the "real world"

Working on something that I would like to turn into a cartoon; failing that, I would probably just write it as a novel series or something.

In an alternate future, the world has been devastated - both from the stalemated Third World War between the United States and a surviving Soviet Union, and a series of natural disasters and plagues called "the Tribulation". The Middle East and much of the Indian Subcontinent have been reduced to radioactive wasteland. The third world is in a state of anarchy as nations collapse and terrorism runs rampant. Millions have died, and the superpowers stand on the brink of nuclear annihilation. And now, supernatural entities set loose by the carnage set to work bringing about the apocalypse.

In the face of these threats, a secret group within the US government and military work to combat these paranormal entities and their human proxies before they can destroy the world.

The main villain is essentially a Nyarlathotep/Randall Flagg type figure; a demon that can take multiple forms at once and inflicts suffering largely for personal amusement. World War III and the Tribulation are revealed to have been his doing (he was able to orchestrate the Middle Eastern crisis that started the war, and the Tribulation was the result of powerful magic set loose by Islamic terrorists under his thrall). He now seeks to destroy the world for good, using his many forms to push the world toward a final nuclear conflict that will set even worse abominations than himself loose into this Universe.

The nations of the world are bound by treaty to keep the existence of the paranormal a secret, and are only allowed to utilize paranormal phenomena for the purpose of combating paranormal threats.

A major element of the show are magical artifacts and creatures left behind by an advanced alien race that visited Earth millions of years in the past. Little is known about these beings, but many of the technologies they left behind are extremely powerful, and much of the alternate Cold War was fought over which side would control these artifacts.

Another major element of this show would be an ambiguously benevolent being codenamed BLUE PEACOCK. At the beginning of the series, it's existence is only vaguely alluded to by the higher-ups of the US occult intelligence community , who refer to them as their "most reliable intelligence asset". It is only later revealed that BLUE PEACOCK is a godlike being residing in multiple dimensions, and is thus able to view multiple possible futures. For unknown reasons, it chooses to communicate to humanity via the FEATHERS - young women who receive visions of possible futures in their dreams. These visions are then usually used by whatever group is in possession of the FEATHER to guide events toward the future they want. Usually only one or two FEATHERS exist in the world at any given time, and most rarely live past the age of twenty, as the (often horrific) visions they receive often provoke insanity and suicide. FEATHERS possess multiple other powers, including telepathy and telekinesis. Due to their powers and rarity, FEATHERS are highly sought after by pretty much every player in the supernatural world. At the start of the series, World War IV almost breaks out in what's left of Pakistan as the US, the USSR, China, India, Iran, the Paki government, assorted Islamic terrorists, and cultists all try to seize a FEATHER.

i just write gay oc stuff
occasionally i write scifi stuff and whatever, but thats about it

As for characters, I've really only thought of a few:

> A squad of hardened CIA SAD/SOG operators
> A pair of FBI agents
> A 14-year old FEATHER in US custody

Aside from that, I write the occasional Lapiven rape greentext. I've thought of turning one or two into a full-fledged fanfic. Pic related is part one of the greentext I think would probably translate into a fanfic best among what I've done (this or the foot worship one).

That's actually kinda broad question. I mean you can have a story that's more adult that young or vice versa. Do you have an idea for a YA story?

I'm working on a Transformers fanfic! I don't have a story, just characters arcs I'm playing connect the dots with. I made this character after watching Sailor Moon, which made me really want to write a female MC. They're way better than dudes.

I put sex in my story. Am I /oldadult/ now?

Backstory:
The princess is just a child, but the adult Seekers can see that she's on the path to greatness. She's intelligent, curious, positive, independent, and the beneficiary of a kind and caring father who she loves and looks up to. When she grows up, she will easily step into leadership and effectively push the Seeker agenda onto Cybertron.

But instead of meeting the faction's expectations, she falls off the path. She forms a gang of Decepticons and leads them in a machiavellian style. The target of her mischief is the Tripredacus Company, who she believes is behind her father's sudden death when she was a child.

The Ruler of Cybertron, a flying Autobot, sends his most trusted special agent after her. She reads him easily, the insecurities behind his tough expression, and sees an easy pawn, but he proves not to be so easy, which not only surprises her, but turns her on. Not to be outdone, she tries to break him with sex, but by then it was too late. He had already sown enough discord and outwitted her just enough to get her captured and her gang disbanded.

(1/2)

(2/2)

Spin off series/More backstory:
Her Seeker connections save her from prison, but she is exiled instead. In exile, she wanders deep into the wasteland of Cybertron, where she meets a spirit who gives her a broken magical item and sends her on a mission to fix it.

She forms a new gang by rescuing girls she finds enslaved by an evil contractor who is digging up the wasteland looking for ancient artifacts. Her father had collected ancient artifacts too. He explained to her that artifacts were wisdom from the past that should be safeguarded. Was there something else that she didn't get the chance to learn from her father? Could that be why her leadership failed against the special agent?

She fares no better against the contractor. She gets stopped at every turn, but the girls don't stop believing in her. They love her and look up to her, and something about that is familiar to her and starts getting her to care. On the brink of defeat, the magical item lets her see her father again, who helps her realize that a true leader sees her squad not as pawns, but as friends.

As friends, they finally beat the contractor, and they find out who had contracted them: The Tripredacus Company.

Main show:
Now more powerful than ever, she breaks her exile by returning to the capital with her friends, intent on stopping the Tripredacus Company for good.

THE END

I have many other characters with crazy backstories, but this one is probably my favorite.

I like how the backstory is pages long, but I don't have shit for the main show. Hey, mr. professional writer , is that good or bad?

I mostly write voltron fics rn. I go in the threads and do requests from time to time (Pidge's robot double and a Lotor/shiro rape fic are my favorites so far and I plan on making a full story for the former)
On ao3 I've got a galra prince Keith au going called birthright.

>Can't draw worth a damn.
>Have an idea that's incredibly visual.
But yeah I'm outlining it as of now, trying to find the right script format for it to be done in.

Plot is about the two best of friends and nerds discovering a book of genuine magic. Hi jinks ensue until one half of them lets the powers go to his head and starts killing people and summoning monstrous beasts from the very pits of hell.

Story then turns into a adventure where two out of shape skinny losers start trying to blast each others heads off, one because he thinks the world owes him for all the "pain" it caused him and the other one to stop what is clearly an unstable lunatic.

Plot wise because art is kind of a none factor now I want it to be an examination of basically what makes an asshole and what makes a fundamentally decent person.

The main character and the antagonist aren't the good and bad guy because they're nerds who largely stick to themselves and aren't good with girls.They're the hero and the villain because of who they are fundamentally inside.

It's also why I intend for the story to end kind of sadly for the hero.

>do I need to provide a sufficient explanation or can I just say "Anti-Grav boots"

This is how I would approach it knowing nothing else about your intentions.

Just say anti-grav boots unless how the technology works is supposed to be a key plot point. For example of the principle behind anti-grav boots will be used later to improvise some kind of weapon against the bad guy or solution to a problem, then it would be good to explain it so you can have a nice setup and payoff. Another example would be the principle behind the technology being a metaphor for a theme in your story or something. So, for example, you would explain how magnets work if you're writing a story where one of the themes is "opposites attract".

Not Sup Forums related, but I'm thinking of doing a FMA x Michiko and Hatchin crossover fic

Underrated filename. I only do g/a/yshit at the moment. Considered doing Pidge/Allura for Voltron but fuck dealing with that fandom.

I don't have any steel doughnut writing planned for the next couple years.

>It's also why I intend for the story to end kind of sadly for the story
Why?

I really need to find a writer. Trying to come up with an animated series that can be done on YT in the style of aqua teen or explosm or leo and satan.

I never liked the cliche of guy does the right thing and suddenly the world starts sucking his dick.

It's astoundingly common in works where the main character is a nerdy loser. It comes off as, instead of them doing the right thing because it's the right thing, they did it to make people like them. Which is admittedly why a lot of people do the right thing but still.

So instead of becoming a hero to his hometown, the dude erases himself from the timeline and fucks off to save other people.

There is obviously a lot of lore that you've established, but I would consider breaking it into smaller chunks with you elaboraing more on key scenes.
>Why did she form the Deceptacon team? Does she genuinely care for their agenda? How did she rise to power?
>How did she gain the intel leading her to her main suspect?
Just stuff like that. Be prepared to elaborate. But other than that sounds like you got a strong enough outline. As my teachers would always say, "Keep Going!".

I do stand up every now and again. I might be able to help you out, user.

I write goofy, light-hearted shipping fics about Big Hero 6, The Flash show, Voltron LD, Miraculous Ladybug, and the Teen Titans cartoon.
I also do some original stuff

Coolbeans dude. If you can mail me here and i'll get back to you:
[email protected]

>the dude erases himself from the timeline and fucks off to save other people.
What?

That's how it ends.

It's taking the idea of, you did the right thing and nobody knows, to the furthest extreme possible.

I mostly just write fanfic for fun. Sometimes, I post it on fanfiction sites, but most of them just sit in my files never to be released on the internet.

Also, Don't you guys hate it when the fanfiction that you put the most work into is less popular than the one that you wrote in 30 minutes. All the readers want is fetish bait.

a lot of readers just probably want their ships to be told, but want someone else to do it

I've been fighting this autistic urge to write an X-men fic about an OC and using the shame as fuel to work on something original.

I'm working on a couple of stories. The first is a novel which I am playing to publish by the end of the year. The second is a New X-Men story which centers around Surge, Hellion, Elixir and Blindfold, although other young heroes will certainly play a part. Yes that does include Quire, however, in this one he is much more of a 'threat' rather than the 'Next Wolverine' shit that Aaron and other writers have tried to pull. Also, the Hellfire Brats will have a part, and I am honestly looking forward to that.

Now, the novel I won't go too in depth about, but the idea of it a work which subverts much of the tropes and archetypes commonly found within YA novels now a days. It is a story about identity, specifically sexual and gender identity and not confining to the norms.

My X-Men idea is something which works around that as well. Basically, I take these characters and while at first I bring them into typical hero adventures and tackle some of the unresolved plot points in the X-Franchise, especially concerning Blindfold's predictions about Hellion, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy and Arena. I will also try and bring in some forgotten characters like some of the one's introduced in the 1993 Marvel Annuals.

The cast's development will not just be psychological, it will also be in their powers, with Hellion and Elixir slowly gaining control of their god like abilities, Surge gaining more power and Blindfold dealing with some... problems that David could not have foreseen. As their powers develop, the four will slowly begin to partake in more 'surreal' adventures like in Claremont's New Mutants when they got up to the Demon Bear.

Although not related to this board, I do have some Doctor Who stories planned in my mind which reintroduces and reinterprets certain characters like the Guardians of Black and White as well as the Celestial Toymaker

Bumping this thread.

I've always wanted to write a superhero from Atlantis who had powers that weren't just "water guy". Just a story that treated Atlantis as just the setting, and have a kid get powers, and do the Spider-man type thing. Give it some cool world building, and some light fantasy politic's to go with it

I recall you mentioning it earlier this week.
I can't wait.

Someone should drawreq the OP image with Clara. She WOULD be a writer...

Here's an idea. If you are going to do Atlantis, an Iron Man twist would be great or bar that, do something like the Michael Scott books (The Alchemist) where the inhabitants were gods whose island was sunk into the ocean. After all, the appeal of Atlantis is that it is a lost civilization with great technology. So, making it race of powerful, intelligent creatures could be very appealing and could help to create a very unique hero.

Here's 2 fics I wrote:

Girl With the Lightning Bolt (Carol Danvers): archiveofourown.org/works/7926028

Lost Memories (reflective piece set during Civil War movie): archiveofourown.org/works/7194098

Working on a Spider-Man fanfic that's scripted in the standard 22-page format. I have about thirty issues planned, along with a Mighty Avengers spinoff in the works. Mentioned it a few months back in another thread, but I doubt anybody remembers.

Basically explores Spider-Man and a handful of BND characters and boils down to a knee-jerk reaction to OMD defenders that those characters would not work unless Spider-Man was single.

It explores Peter's morality and how far he's willing to go to protect his loved ones. It also delves into Peter's rapidly adding responsibilities. Not only is he a scientist and father now, he is also a teacher and mentor to a now teenager Cindy Moon. (Who later becomes Silk down the line, which is also Peter's responsibility.) It puts Peter is a more take of actually taking on a sidekick, and has him deal with the consequences of both killing Doc Ock to save his daughter, telling the Avengers he doesn't regret it, and taking on a sidekick.

I'll elaborate a bit more if anybody is interested.

I've written a story with the Eighth Doctor, and Jean Grey as companion: archiveofourown.org/works/7670044

What Doctor Who stories have you written?

More?

just make sure that has some kind of sufficient build-up. If your explanation happened too close to the end it might come up as sort of an ass-pull.

They are mainly half finished scripts or plot outlines, One of them is where the Guardians are more developed a bit more as characters, rather than just concepts. I also introduce the idea that their physical forms mean little to nothing and they'll go whatever they think is appropriate, regardless of age, sex or gender. For example, if they were in the 80s, Black would dress up as someone like Dream or Death, while White would have a very White Duke appearance.

>They are mainly half finished scripts or plot outlines
I got a goddamn notebook full of them

One thing I've been working on is with a guy who dresses as a gunslinger and hellboy tough with a few gadgets like mud grenades, a Native American girl who has the powers of Vixen, and her grandpa that's pretty much Fleischer superman in his prime.

Does combining horror with action/semi-superhero shit ever work?

Depends, what do you have in mind?

I recognize that poorly traced art

Well, I'm trying something similar to Hellblazer except somewhat more action-oriented.

I'm up to Issue 19 right now. Just finished a two-issue arc regarding the Wraith (a heavily re-imagined Yuri Watanabe) and I'm heading into a Mysterio arc where he's tricked himself with his own illusions. After that, Peter and his family go to Houston and reintroduce Kaine (He and Aracely are proving to be a LOT of fun to write) and we transition into a Silver Sable arc.

It's possible. Dead Space 2 and Resident evil 4 were horror action and I replayed the hell out of it.

I'm not sure how to help you writing wise, but I'd suggest to make sure that the main character feels fairly hopeless in making out of whatever the situation is for the most part.

I feel that, don't worry...

I just don't like publishing fanfiction if that makes sense. I don't know what it is, but I feel a bit dirty if I do so.

Read Miracleman. That is a horror story disguised in the skin of a classic British Superhero.

Oh, you bet I can elaborate! There's just not enough room!

>Why did she form the Deceptacon team? Does she genuinely care for their agenda? How did she rise to power?
She was always on the path to leadership (due to being raised well and raised by Seekers, who were already an elite leading faction on Cybertron), and she was smarter than everybody else, and she was a princess, so she just kind of gained a natural following, which she then got to do stuff for her. Her following is not of older, tougher, smarter Decepticons, but of her dumber peers who are probably thirsty for her.

She doesn't care about any Decepticon agenda. In fact, there is no Decepticon agenda. They are a totally disorganized faction, which is why the Seekers split from them.

>How did she gain the intel leading her to her main suspect?
She doesn't have any specific intel. It's just a conspiracy that she has cooked up based on a number of factors that are more interesting to read about through other backstories. I'll just share more details about her father's death since that's not covered, but is important.

Couple rapid fire little ones to get started
>Mutagenisis Inc: Shady web company provides drugs that claim to help with a slew of problems but instead inflict horrible mutations, literal genie style

>Vendetta: Sons and grandsons of old Italian mobsters run afoul of the Cartel while vacationing in Mexico and decide to get back to their roots

>Inferno: Humans scientists come out of 6 year coma as a result of a transhumanist experiment. Turns out having your consciousness rubbing up against 7 other people unprotected is not nearly as pleasant as it seems. Their minds merge into a single, body hopping entity bent on spreading the pain it experienced to as many people as possible. (Think Event Horizon with transhumanism if you're lost)

>Gopnik: Russian Trailer Park Boys

>Blood Oath: Man wakes up after one night stand to find the girl has bound a demon to his soul who will drag his soul to hell if he doesn't kill all the girls enemies within three days. Girl was a victim of a Satanic Sex trafficking ring and the demon provides increased strength, speed and senses.

I wish I was good enough to write 19 issues worth of stories. Mostly been writing down random plot ideas and little scenes. Just got to put it all together into a story. Do you have any tips for writing about characters that aren't your own? I would love to write fanfiction someday, or actually pitch some stories to a big comic book company.

I'm not that user but in regards to writing characters that already exist, I would say to just get your hands on whatever you can that has that character in it and study them. Even if different writers interpret characters in their own way, there's almost always a common thread. What are the characters' core values? How do they act when things get rough? What's their typical manner of speech? Get a complete map of your character or characters and then figure out how far you can stretch them in your own writing, only going as far as you logically can with them. For instance: Usually Spongebob wouldn't just murder somebody in cold blood for no reason. If you wanted to go that direction and make it seem in character, you'd need to build a list of reasons for why Spongebob committed murder. That's how I approach it anyway. Just like in any other story your characters should be consistent, have reasons for doing what their doing, and definitely need to always be in service to the story.

All of these sound interesting.

My stories are a bit less original. Mainly what I do is I get a particular genre or a franchise and I look at the tropes and characters associated with it. Then, I work from that, creating characters and stories related to that, then mix up various mythologies or ideas from other mythologies or genres.

Lol there was that one episode where they thought they killed a food inspector with a rotten krabby patty, thats kind of like murder I guess? But anyway thanks for the tips. I'd like to write stuff about Spiderman or other super heroes someday, but there's so much material to read and so many continuites. Its hard figuring out what to write about, since I feel if I had an idea, its probably been done already. So right now I'm just tinkering with some ideas of my own.

I'm not writing a fanfic.

Been bouncing around an idea in my head of writing a fighting game plot except playing it completely straight.

Yeah exactly! That all fits in with his character and ends up being a great episode. With someone like Spiderman it would be a good idea to choose who you're writing about and then coming up with a base idea of what his character should be like. After that you could probably post here, or any other website that deals with /co related stuff, if there are any incarnations that fit. Or I'm sure there's wiki's for Marvel and Spiderman in general, plus reading Wikipedia, should start giving you some starting points for what you're looking for.
Like every story, fan-fic or not, if you want it to be good, interesting, and fun to read, it's always good to do as much research as possible and really soak in it. Lots of pre-planning, reading, and thinking go a looong way.
As for stuff that's already been done before...that's everything user! The nice thing is that most stuff has been done already anyway, the key to writing a unique story is putting your voice and perspective on it. This again requires thought and care, but you can always put an interesting spin on something that's already been done before! Plus the key to writing, or anything in the universe, is just to do it! I know what it's like to sit around and think that you're servicing yourself by being patient and waiting, but you're actually stifling yourself! It's better to just start now and get those words to the page rather than stew on something that will never actually happen. Another nice thing about writing is the editing process, going through and fixing whatever things you need to, and that is always a huge chunk of the craft and I think you spend better time in post ironing out the kinks, rather than trying to get something down with no kinks at all (But that's just me.)
I'm rambling now so I'll shut up!

Bump for saving this thread, I've got a novel in the works (more than 2/3rds of the way done!) that's kinda Sup Forums-related, I'll post more about it tomorrow.

This user speaks the truth. Make sure that they remain consistent with their characterizations so that they don't act out of character. (When I started writing this story, I heavily studied JMS Spider-Man, Kraven's Last Hunt and Conway Spidey to get a grasp of the best parts of Peter's personality, and picked certain elements that I wanted to expand upon)

For example, Spider-Man can kill, he has before. But it can't just happen out of left field. It has to have a build-up, as well as an internal conflict and the repercussions of the incident can't simply be ignored. I like to have the consequences stretch and build up over time, and have mulitple events build up on each other.

Gonna use an example from my story. (Issues #2-4)

Building action:

>A dying Doc Ock blitzes Peter's home and kidnaps MJ and their daughter.

The climax:

>Peter tracks him down and they fight.
>Peter takes down Ock, but Ock's tentacle lunges towards Annie.
>In desperation, Peter kills Ock.

The Consequences:

>Most of Peter's close friends who know his secret are disturbed.
>Peter suffers a moral crisis over what he's done
>The Mighty Avengers decide to keep a close eye on Peter and put him under surveillance.
>Peter steels his resolve, determining that while he did a bad thing, it was for a good cause, and vows to live with his actions.

(1/2)

To give you a hint, pretty much all of these are inspired by something else, you just have to grind off the serial numbers so it seems like your idea.

>Here's a more developed one
>Jack is a Los Angeles area mack decides to flip on his criminal Syndicate because they killed his best girl
>Unbeknownst to the Syndicate, Jack is a Canadian national so part of his immunity deal is that in exchange for his testimony he get no jail time but a deportation and restriction from re-entering the U.S.
>He gets himself set up again in Montreal, staying out of big time criminal endeavors, mostly just loan sharking
>Trouble is he's bored to tears

At the same time...
>Daniel is a Canadian college student who has begun to suspect that his nymphomaniac roommate/sort of girlfriend is a prostitute.
>She vanishes before he can confront her.
>Daniel decides to go looking, having convinced himself that a vast conspiracy is taking place in Montreal.
>The night he decides to take the investigation to the streets he runs a foul of some pimps who don't appreciate people asking questions
>Jack just so happens to be in the area and messily murders them

>Daniel convinces Jack to assist him in his quest, Jack only agrees because he wants to carve out his slice of the vice money pie in Montreal.
>Shenanigans ensue

>Jack is a basically a taller, less ugly and more professional version of Mel Gibsons character in the film Payback
>Daniels part of the story comes in part from that webcomic about young people fucking each other in Quebec, gritted up a notch or twelve.
There is no shame in drawing inspiration
and a mack is like a pimp that works for the hooker as apposed to a pimp which has hookers working for them

These consequences will continue to affect Peter as the series goes on.

More subplots continue to build. (Issues #5-7)

>Peter has to save Cindy's life, but in the process gives her his powers and a cancerous healing factor.
>She has to takes pills that become a minor subplot.
>Peter feels that she is now his responsibility and decides to take her under his wing as Silk.

Now all of the pieces have come together. (Issues 8 and 9)

>Iron Man feels that Peter, a man with a shiny new kill count and a questionable mental state, should not be raising impressionable teenagers.
>Mighty Avengers take Silk under their control, with the promise of looking into fixing her overclocking healing factor, which goes as well as one would expect.
>Peter has to fight Iron Man as Tony tries to keep Silk from leaving the team, thus justifying both sides of the argument.
>Also serves a sort of commentary on the current state of 616 on how they're not being heroes if all they do is argue among themselves.
>YAAS QUEEN leaves the team.

Also, a fair point, let the characters act like rational adults. Have them call each other out, but when a character hasn't done anything wrong, they speak like real people. (I kind of break this rule, but Peter fights Tony out of emotional stress rather than just "the plot demanded it."

Finally, everything comes to a head in Issues #11-16. I haven't released these chapters yet, so I can't say much, but most of the series subplots at this point do wrap up with some exceptions.

Not a fanfic I just write original scripts for graphic novels and one ongoing I guess sort of thing that sit in My Documents because I can't draw.

That's the thing. I get that you can inspiration from things. However, where I get my inspirations, at least from my viewpoint are quite obvious. So what I am learning to do is adding enough of my own fingerprints that the obviousness isn't as clear as it once was.

>fanfics
This is the kind of shit that results in Sup Forums being the butt of jokes on every other board.
Stop that.

Fuck off.

or just boil the original down to its base elements and just expand on the stuff you like.
Since the death of Sup Forums, Sup Forums is one of the last of the Ancient and Venerable boards alongside Sup Forums

Listen, the reason for this is that some of us want to be successful at this stuff. So having someone go over it and discuss it is great as we can improve. If you don't like it than as said, fuck off. No one is making you stay here.

That's always a really good thing. One last thing real quick. I think it helps if you can think of these characters as real people with ongoing feelings, thoughts, hopes, dreams, problems, bathroom issues, lazy days, and whatnot. I feel that it makes things easier if you think of them in that way because it makes the ideas of how they should act come out as more natural and at that point logic is really hard to defy. I feel that it's way way better to have too much info about a character and not be able to write everything in then not enough to fill out a page. Even thinking about dumb stuff like: What would it be like if Spiderman, Iron-Man, and Deadpool had a sleepover? Picture every stupid situation. The fights over pizza toppings, where they are going to sleep for the night, the talks about serious things as they gaze at the stars, Deadpool complaining that there's no Mt. Fizz drink, Spiderman's trip to the bathroom because the burritos were undercooked. Even goofy stuff like that can help you understand a character. If you make them seem realistic you can dial it back to suit your needs, which is way easier than realizing you don't have enough to fill the page.
Okay I'm done, I swear.

>Since the death of Sup Forums, Sup Forums is one of the last of the Ancient and Venerable boards alongside Sup Forums

That is just delusional.

>some of us want to be successful at this stuff

Then you're really going about it the wrong way.

I'm writing a story about how I want to fucking die. It's a zig-zagging tapestry of a narrative that presents itself in the style of a big that I made on your floor. Also it's Choose-Your-Own-Adventure.

also I'm chinese and a robot and mentally challenged

Could you expand on what you said here then? I'd be very interested in hearing about the best way to become successful at writing? This is text so don't take this the wrong way, I'm not being condescending, or rude, or mean. I'm just curious to hear what you have to say.

Shitposting on indo-chinese macrame stop motion loli enthusiast forums is not the best way to improve at writing.

Of a big...what? Lego Set Piece that you spent hours meticulously creating? A piece of art that takes into account the correct form and posture of Lilly from your alternate universe retelling of Sinbad? Pasta that you added a special sauce, one that you found on the web and had a 4.5 rating so it must be good, to? A song that relays your feelings towards the monstrous way we treat beavers, who as you're concerned should have every right to the earth that we do, in this society? What I'm dying to know?!

You are correct! The best way to get better at writing is to write. Of course, once you're done with your meticulously scripted hieroglyphics there's an extra step, usually. You must send it out into the world for all to see and judge; telling you every step of the way that your characters are awful, and your plot was weak. That's when you slowly force yourself back home to your porch and fall face-down on the wood. Sobbing silently into the planks because your ideas were shot down.
Of course, before you even write the story you must start with an idea, and what better place to test that kernel of thought then by coming here, and anonymous message board? ! You can pitch the dumbest idea in the universe and see if anybody, even /co, is interested in it. You can see what others are doing and trade ideas, build your story with the helps of others, and rocket your way to success after receiving advise from others! A place to learn or at least ask questions, and the best part? If you're ridiculed who the hell cares?! You don't have a name! You can just come back tomorrow and everybody will have forgotten your dumb question. Of course everybody is different, and some things will work better for some and not for others at all. That's life, the world, everything. This can be a good, non-intimidating place to start for some. I can find value in that. I'm not sure why you can't.

“Rick!” Morty bleeted.
“Rick it’s happening again! That’s what I came down here to tell you!”
Morty danced a dance of immense frustration. His throbbing mass eagerly pressed against his pants, causing a tent to form. The female Gazorpazorp laughed and mocked Morty endlessly. Rick only added to Morty’s humiliation.
“Look at the thing! Look at it throb! Granted, my view on anatomy has changed over the years, but it’s definitely the smallest erect penis in the universe.”
Morty was blushing and trying to muster a retort.
“Yeah, in this universe, but what about the others? There’s got to be a Morty somewhere with a nine inch erect cock and killer abs!”
“There’s also the universe where you’re a cock loving faggot, too Morty. Oh wait, it’s this one. Now it’s time to put that shit spewing mouth to work. L-L-LICK MY BALLS! Haha, say that all the time!”
Rick produced his chapped testicles, only the saliva of a Morty could properly soothe. Morty’s soft supple lips eclipsed the head of the penis, while his hands began to work the balls.
“L-l-look at me Rick, I’m just a regular old ball fonder, huh Rick?”
“I get it Morty. Ball Fondlers is from the show! W-well *burp*done.”
Morty gained a heightened sense of enthusiasm from this comment, inspiring within himself a newly formed resolve for cock sucking. Pre cum coated his mouth, a sure signal of Rick’s satisfaction. However, despite Morty’s newfound momentum, Rick stopped Morty and promptly flipped Morty over, chipping a tooth in the process.
“Aw, jeez Rick. That was my tooth.”
“I don’t give a FUCK Morty, you’re getting this dick.”
The moment Rick penetrated Morty, Beth walked in for the laundry, dropping the basket in an unholy fit of rage and disgust.
“Dad what the ever loving FUCK are you doing to my son? And why on Earth aren’t you giving it to me? Jerry’s too busy with his private playdate with the Rick that eats poo.”

Someone shoot me an idea for a potential Sup Forums related fight scene.
Preferably Cartoon Network related characters, though I can do Nick and others stations as well.