Does Sup Forums like dick tracy?

ask Black Manta about dick

I like it in a nostalgia goggle kinda way, its pretty bad, but the way they went balls out with all the badguys and prosthetics, plus it at least trying to be faithful to the original series regardless of how silly it must have come off at the time earns alot of brownie points with me.

It's pretty earnest in its appreciation for the source material.

I'm Dick Tracy! Take that Pruneface!
Now I'm Pruneface! Take that, Dick Tracy!
Now I'm Prune Tracy! That that, Di-

its without a doubt the most true to the source material comic based film other then maybe Snyders non mainline DC stuff.

Lol, wtf was the name of the creepy dude in the top right? Flat top is obvious but i forget that weirdos name

Pruneface was the red suiter, green suit is Influence.

(and then blue suit is Itchy, Madonna is Breathless Mahoney and the last is Big Boy)

Al Pacino as Big Boy is one of the most underrated comic villain performances ever.
>There was ONE Napoleon! ONE George Washington! ONE me!

I fuckin' love Big Boy, the makeup, the historical malapropisms, his weirdly insecure attempts to endear himself to Tracy or Trueheart, his finding time between running a criminal empire to micro-manage his showgirls' rehearsals...

>"'It's 2 am'?! I'm trying to turn this dump into a new era of entertainment, and you're telling me 'IT'S TWO A.M.'!?!"

How? They turned independent villains into henchmen.

No.

I didn't like it at 7 and I don't like it at 34. A few years back, I decided to give it another go to see if I was just unfair to it as a kid. I was not, it was just a piece of shit.

His plan alone was great, because in practice having every mob boss join in and make one central circuit allows them to not only use all their resources together, but it keeps them from being singled out by the police and Tracy.

I think it was just an excuse for the kids to say "Dick". Like, seriously, when this movie came out, I never said "Dick" so much before in my life. Every kid on the block was running around saying "Dick Tracy", "Dick Tracy", "Dick this" and "Dick that"!

>I want Dick Tracy Dead, and I want No Face dead. Whatsa matter, you bums forget how to kill people? You got no sense of PRIDE in what you do?! No sense of DUTY? no sense of DESTINY?
>I'M LOOKING FOR GENERALS, WHAT DO I GOT?! FOOT SOLDIERS! I WANT! DICK! TRACY! DEAAAAAAAD!

to be fair, who other then the brow did that really seem too out of character for?

Is probably the only comic book adaptation able to make a perfect transposition comics-language/film-language

Pruneface and Flattop.

Flattop is supposed to be a genius engineer as well as a cold blooded killer. However, he's reduced to the muscle.

I'm not a fan of Dick Tracey in the slightest, but there's something fascinating about a collection of villains who are all just horrifyingly grotesque mobsters. They're all still normal people, they just have super weird faces, and there's something unique about that.

The full cut of Watchmen was pretty damn decent as well, Halleleujah sex scene and all... although ppl were really pissed about no squid.

Its the perfect trope for old timey gangsters, If only there was a giant ugly fat guy named Tiny, that would have put it over the top

> It only works when we're together.
> Let him go. It's still a free country.
> VERY unfortunately.

>If you aren't for the people, you can't buy the people.

If they ever made another Tracy movie, I'd give my left nut for Pacino to come back.

R.I.P.