What should DC do with this character?

What should DC do with this character?
He was originally nothing more than a diversity token to replace OG Wally but has turned into his own character over time.

Hes already on the Dark Titans and Raven wants his dick. So there is that...

Change the yellow to silver. I dunno how to differentiate him from real Wally in terms of personality, though. Maybe he should just be a carbon copy.

let him die and be forgotten, bring real bart back as they did with wally

Let's see what Priest does with him and then decide.

>bart
this

>Dark Titans
>is black
kek

I think he's in a decent spot right now. The daddy angst is a solid personal plot for a non-main character. Have to see where it goes in Deathstroke before I judge more.

>I dunno how to differentiate him from real Wally in terms of personality, though.

They've been different from the start. It was part of the problem that they were trying to push him as a white Wally replacement when they only really share a name.

Yeah but isn't he supposed to replace Barry one day? At least that is how it should go if DC remembers that Barry is a legacy hero.

This. He was never the original Wally. I have no idea why they thought replacing original Wally with him and calling him wouldn't have a negative reaction from the fans.

Is Bally the only example of a charater becoming BLACKED and it not turning out completely horrible?

I like him. He really has developed and come into his own. I'm glad he's staying around as well as YJ Aqualad.

Priest is using him in Deathstroke so I'm sure he'll do something interesting with him like he did with Tanya.

This is also probably going to make Barry angry since Blally is his protege and Deathstroke is corrupting him.

Barry has been a horrible father figure to him honestly. What happened to Uncle Barry being so goat to OG Wally?

no, hes still pretty bad. Overall still a downgrade.

You will never see anyone named Wally West take over for Barry with current DC upper management. Just let him have his stories.

It was mostly done out of cheap synergy by a misguided creative team, but you have to remember that some people at DC are deathly afraid of Wally and his popularity. What better way to permanently sideline him than to make him a completely different character (a fucking child when all his contemporaries were adults) and divorce him from everything that people liked about him?

nuHelena is much better

OG Wally is and will always be objectively he best Flash ever written but as far as a replacement I would have Bally over Barry being back for another 20 years.

I honestly feel sad that the Flash title has been fucking mediocre since at least a decade. If DC really wants us to show Barry returned for something other than syngergy they should put great writers on him. Otherwise Wally will always be the superior Flash with the superb Waid and Johns runs under his belt.

But you answered it yourself. Barry is back only for synergy and it shows.
The movies have hurt the DC universe and most of them aren't even out yet.

>Change the yellow to silver. I dunno how to differentiate him from real Wally
But the real Wally is silver now. New Wally is Kid Flash so it fits.

Keep him where he is for a while so he can develop a personality.

Is DC ever going to have him Replace Barry?
Also should he use the name "wallace" more to separate him from wally?

Call him Wallace.

>What should DC do with this character?
Give him a new name.

I'd go further and change him into an anti-hero type character with a different title too.

And for the love of God, drop Raven, "mechanic prodigy", best friend Chunk or anything too similar to original Wally. Take the bullet and evolve him into a new character completely.

>Is Bally the only example of a charater becoming BLACKED and it not turning out completely horrible?

It was so horrible they brought back the original version of the character actually.

make him gay, make him go on fun adventures, be boyfriends with Bunker

Isn't Helena just ambiguously brown? I mean, she's still an Italian mafia princess, right?

Thawne improved the book a little bit but yeah, they need to move out of the rehash-cycle soon and fast.
>What happened to Uncle Barry being so goat to OG Wally?

He's still doting for adult Wally. Something between him and nuWally just doesn't click. Which makes sense because Iris literally forced them together to get into Barry's pants.

She's still Italian, but they darkened her skin to avoid her being confused with Helena Wayne.

Send him to the future than make him come back as an old and wise guy who was the flash of the future, with Bart as his Kid Flash. He tells Barry and Wally he came back because he's dying and he wanted to see his friends before he dies. Then Bart comes back to the past looking for him, Wally dies but Bart says he didn't have anything in his life other than Wally and he wants to stay here with these great heroes who Wally kept telling him about for years. Bart is Flash's "new" sidekick for a while, but than decides to take up the name Impulse and be his own hero and shit.

She's Italian but she's like black-italian mix I think. She even had an afro and shit before she started getting written by shit writers. She's not as black as she was in Grayson now, but she's still a pretty dark brown.

They are both named Wallace. It solves nothing.

It turned out as bad as possible. They had to retcon the entire universe to fix it.

Making him Daniel West's son was a good idea, I'm genuinely interested in how will they continue to develop it.

Not while Barry's bringing the TV/movie synergy, no.

Current Barry is just a terrible person. It didn't take OG Barry nearly as long to marry Iris and reveal his secret to her.

>It didn't take OG Barry nearly as long to marry Iris and reveal his secret to her.
user he revealed to Iris on their first night of marriage while SLEEPTALKING.

Don't like him since the beginning, now he's a little bit more developed but still not good enough. I'd say kill him for good or make him a villain, and the tv show, he's even WORSE. I just want the OG Wally coming from another earth to replace him that would be great

Nah, let Black Wally stay as Kid Flash. Bart should never have been Kid Flash, bring him back as Impulse and keep him that way.

They will probably get rid of him in the TV show soon. Writers don't even seem to be committed to the idea of Wally becoming Flash for S4.

I think really the problem is having him named Wally.

I think he's overall a pretty middling character these days. Not bad, but not particularly amazing. Really the problem is the confusion of having two Wally Wests, who are both related to each other, and have both been Kid Flash.

I mean let's say NuWally sticks around until he grows up and becomes a regular flash too. How does that even work when old Wally is operating as the Flash too.

Kill him off. He's only around for the CW synergy, but theyre both terrible characters.

>not keeping him around for even more wallyfag butthurt

you don't seem to mind given your buttboy is also working in barry's shadow.

They really should call him Wallace.

Kid Zoom.

No offense to the fans but the color scheme on Kid "Flash" looks more for a Zoom sidekick.

Thawne's taking care of him in Flash right now, actually.

by that extent, should anyone else besides barry be called flash? You can't have it both ways.

Inertia was Kid Zoom in pre-Flashpoint.

>Thawne
>Deathstroke

Jesus Christ Barry, help this child

topkek

They didn't think that far. They'll keep both around until they figure out what they're doing then they'll kill one off.

I don't see them killing off either Wally. No matter who you kill off, people will complain.

Both of them can exist at the same time. Make black Wally into an antihero or anti villain.

Original Wally has two problems: writers and his fanbase. Writers seem not to know what to do with him,while his fanbase wants him to be the Flash again. Wanting Wally to be the Flash is not a bad thing. The problem is that most of his fanbase won't accept a new direction for him.

Have him call himself "Wallace", then let him age and find a love interest. When the marriage comes, have him take his spouse's surname.

Of course, this is all assuming DC will let him age to adulthood before the next full reboot.

Raven and Black Wally?
I get it, she like dark stuff, but this is ridiculous.

I don't get why they just won't call him Wallace. Just say he wants to seem more grown up or something.

I'm interested in what Priest is gonna do
He managed to make me like Tanya despite her being the character equivalent of paint drying.

Yes you can. Flash is a title, Wallace is a literal name. It's not uncommon for people to refer to someone as a modification of their name when there are two people with the same name.

I don't want Wally to be the main Flash. I just want him to have a solo like how most of Bat's family gets a solo. If Jay had a solo/team book (which actually seems likely now) and Wally had a solo doing his own shit I would be more than happy.

How come the flash doesn't hyperventilate?

they tried that first

it was awful

They should both have different middle names, then call Black Wally by his middle name.

Kid Flash's costume came before Reverse Flash's.

I thought Miles was ok until they compressed all the spidermen into a single universe

Kill both Wally's, problem solved

And Barry too. This way only Jay exists.

I don't think he counts because he's an OC who simply took up the mantle not a swap like Bally was originally intended t be.

But yeah he worked in theory (still boring imo) because he was a normal legacy hero but now he has no role.

no

ok yeah maybe, if we're going backwards go all the way

Slips on an atomic banana peel and goes flying off into space. Crashes into a spaceship and has wacky space adventures with the crew, who invent a new name for him because their alien tongues can't pronounce Wally West.