Sonamy

If Sonic Boom canonizes Sonamy do you think the games will follow suit?

Protagonist romance ALWAYS ruin stories

Maybe?

SallyxSonic is finally dead.

it was a thing though, at least.

Not necessarily there are shows that do it well, and they ship tease this couple so fucking hard it be less annoying to just say they we're officially a couple.

In fact usually the protagonist shipping fails because they ship tease it forever without actually hooking up and it gets really annoying.

I like that this ship is canon so Amy can stop being a psycho stalker and Sonic can stop being a beta faggot.

I mean, Canon shippings always feels off. I wish most writers treat girlfriends as best friends.

>Not necessarily there are shows that do it well
This is usually the point where you provide actual examples.

Romance takes away the story focus and a lot of time that could be used to important character development, is a parasite.

And honestly if you're in the middle of a suicide mission to save the world would you even think about starting a long term relationship with one of your teamates isntead of focusing in the fucking mission?

Yatterman

Sega went out of its way to kill romance in the comic, so I doubt cartoons have any more freedom.

It's a Sega mandate Sonic NEVER return Amy's feelings. Naka's decree before he jumped ship.

Sucks.

star vs the forces of evil has good shipping.

Come on you can't be serious.

Sonic has a lot of time to chill.

Pretty much every game from Unleashed to Lost World had this tone.

I really wish I wasn't.

Japan, man.

At least he likes her in Boom.

He's right about Naka. He was very stern about that.

Now that he's gone, hopefully someone will make sure his words are followed.

>there are shows that do it well

Alright, name them.

Actually, to any user that might read this, name the cartoon/anime that made romance right and made the show better becouse of it, i guarantee you're wrong.

Naka's been gone for years, nearly a decade now.

And did you mean his words are NOT followed? Because they basically have been this whole time.

No, followed. Let Amy stay alone and miserable. The only person she should be with is the underside of an 18-wheeler.

Wow, bitter much?

Anyway that's basically what'll happen, so you're good.

It was literally just star mentioning 3-4 times that she thinks Marco sexy and upset why she didn't asked Marco to the reproduction rituals with him instead of letting other female individual to do the job

who the fuck cares

WHAT?
What happened?

The Archie comics were cancelled.

It was fine in Wakfu, off the top of my head. But in general, it's terrible.

The comic's dead, man.

And Sally will most likely never be used in anything ever again.

Dragon Ball
Naruto
Ranma

Archie went batshit with handling the property. So only in game relationships available now.

>Dragonball
>Naruto
Ok now you're just saying random series now right?Those were TERRIBLE ones

>Dragon Ball
>Terrible

Maybe YOU have shit taste.

Did Archie or Sega finally cave in and officially announced it, or is it still speculation?

>name the cartoon/anime that made romance right
>and made the show better becouse of it

Boco has a special kind of autism about Sonic. He spergs out over SatAM, too. Just ignore it and him.

by romance yeah they are fucking TERRIBLE

Z is generally agreed to be better than Dragon Ball.

Subscribers got refunds and its "on indefinite hiatus".

The same term they used to describe Mega Man.

>implying Sega cares what a spinoff does

Next you'll think the Freedom Fighters will get in a game.

Still autistic about best girl, I see.

FUCK you

Just sucks that Toriyama seems hell bent on ruining it now.
>>Chi-chi does literally nothing but nag and put Goku down
>>Goku had gone full retard and is revealed to have never kissed Chi-chi
Dragon Ball should have been left alone.

It is finally official?

It's not official until Ken Penders takes credit for its demise.

>tfw dating a cute autistic girl who loves Sonic and dresses like Amy every Halloween
>we play Sonic games together while she rests her bare feet on my lap

Life can be cool sometimes.

Wow that sucks hard, cause I was rooting for them before they retcon Amy being an annoying rapist. Not that I mind it.

I guess people are taking it relatively well?

Gossip girl with Blair and Chuck...

So she's just naked with a blue vest?

Even if the Archie comics AREN'T cancelled, Sega basically forced Archie to kill the pairing of Sonic and Sally, so the new Sally design is just Sonic's friend.

Personally I feel the pairing never really "worked" for the most part. They felt very forced as a relationship, same way Sonic felt forced into SatAM.

Yeah, that was something I couldnt overlook. From what I seen, no other girl really felt right with Sonic, as far as love was concerned. Just for lust, sure but no one else really meshed well with him to my memory.

Boco will never not be autistic. In fact, I think it's a trait with most namefags.

>never kissed Chi-chi
Wait, WAT. Now, I just lost the last string of respect for Goku.

last airbender

Short version, the made a joke in DBS where Goku wonders why anyone would put their mouth on someone else's.
Long version, Toriyama has gone full autist recently about people seeing Goku as kung-fu Superman and is legit trying to make him as unlikable as possible. On the plus side, Funimation is pretty open about how much they hate this and will probably change it in the dub.

>Goku will fuck his wife and not even bother kissing her.

Wow, what a piece of shit. He probably cums in 10 seconds, and falls asleep right after too.

ShadAmy > SonAmy

>Goku lost his virginity and is still kissless

Hot Take: Knuckles x Amy

Shit taste

Check your eyes.
>dresses like Amy

Actually, if you're referring to Knuckles & Amy in Boom, than you have decent taste

To be honest, Goku is kind of just a dumb, fighting caveman. It wouldn't surprise me if he fucked Chichi in the most animalistic and unromantic way possible.

Literally the first ship I ever sailed

Those are two cute rats

I kinda agree with you, I can't think of a lot of shows where the romance was so well done that it improved the series.

However, using Garfield as your reaction image reminds me of that comic. I think the strip did improve when Jon and Liz hooked up. Allowing Jon to have something nice in his life made his constant pathetic fuck-ups a little more easy to endure, and changing the status quo was sort of refreshing.

Sonic is never allowed to grow up, right? He is supposed to be that cool dude (possibly a teenager?), maybe never accepting his love for Amy is supposed to be a representation of conflicted teenage/young adult emotions. (I'm not ready for this/I don't know what I want).

I hate Boom Amy outfit

Stop

> cartoon/anime that made romance right and made the show better becouse of it,

easy wakfu

I was actually reading about Ken Penders the other day and a lot of the fallout from the legal issues he had with the rest of the world.
I found a list of mandates Sega gave Archie Comics and those in charge of other Sanic media.
It said that Sonic can't go steady with Amy because it ruins their dynamic.
I'm not sure if this counts for Sonic Boom or not. But I kinda figure that if it happens, it will happen first in the games.

Okay can someone explain to me why Sega and Archie went for to different relationships? Seems like a lot of unnecessary bullshit because Sega wouldn't accept Sally or vice versa.

Because Sally & Amy were made at the same time for practically the same purpose.

>their kids are purple

You think something as simple yet brilliant as this would be more common, but this is the only time I've seen this done.

Nice joke f a m

>name the cartoon/anime that made romance right and made the show better becouse of it

Nanatsu no Taizai

Marketing.

The eternal "maybe" status keeps Sonic looking young, appeals to boys young enough to think girls are gross, and keeps it ambiguous enough to still sell mercy that implies they're a couple, like the cutesy keychains they put out.

It's designed for max revenue.

Every single bit of retard-Goku is Toei and the newbies jumping in.

Toriyama changed Goku as a character dramatically during Buu to get away from being pidgeonholed.

Man, I'm surprising that Elizabeth actually got better as character exactly because of Melodias.

Her character was never anything but Meliodas in the first place, might as well expand on that.

He can still date her and fuck her and marry her and have kids with her without returning her feelings though.

that's a story id like to see

>that one time Eggman went fucking bonkers and nearly killed his nephew
>that one time he reset the universe
Jesus Christ I want to know what the writers were on when they wrote this

Sadly, I haven't seen anything new on the net since the latest season.

A deadline to make an alternate world work and a reason to reset continuity for the latter. A reason to make Snively relevant instead of constantly going back and forth on his development, that establishes Eggman's Empire and opens up room for more interesting stories and ends with Snively in a genuinely new situation at the end for the former. Really, the logic behind both stories is very easy to see.

Also Eggman nearly killing his nephew was a separate story from going bonkers, but that ended up going nowhere so it as just a typical comic book plot twist.

I love how they took off his glasses in the arc where he went nuts, and showed him with the black and red eyes he had in the cartoons. It was a creepy, unexpected sight and it gave those panels some extra impact.

No. Japan has shit taste. And even if they didn't, their version of Amy is too crazy and violent.

Does Sonic even like Amy as a friend anymore? Seems like all of the games have at least one scene where they go out of their way to show Sonic is disgusted by her. The only game I remember where he isn't is Unleashed.

No, it only gets social media websites riled up.

>Does Sonic even like Amy as a friend anymore?

Probably not. He just keeps running or acting annoyed. Can you blame him?

>Does Sonic even like Amy as a friend anymore?
The only game where he really doesn't is Heroes. In Unleashed, Colors, Generations and Lost World he's at worst amiable with her.

>violent
u wot

Shadouge is better

He's another "doesn't know shit about Sonic, but still posts about it" type.

Nope.