Without mentioning Snyder at all past this point...

Without mentioning Snyder at all past this point, aren't you just excited that DC has a healthy cinematic universe blossoming?

Absolutely, Aquaman & Black Panther are the super hero films I am most excited for easily.

Thor being my 2nd favorite comic character, I should be excited for Ragnarok but my hype has dwindled since the 1st trailer in all areas besides Hela.

Depends on if other forms of media start to pick up popularity from it. Which hasn't happened so no.

Really concerned for the Batgirl movie, It is going to be torn to shreds by feminist no matter what Joss does. He is their flag waving "fake" male feminist misogynist now and there is nothing he can do about it.

Why does it require the loss of human life to get WB cape franchises rolling?

Why couldn't you listen?
Why is this board so goddamn one note?

Fuck you.

>Why isn't Sup Forums my Safespace?
You need to go back.

>cracked

Yeah keep posting that meme like the fucking retard you are.
The BILLIONS of lives Superman is saving while fighting far out way that of a individual girl.
Get fucked just like your god damn pathetic priorities you ignorant trash.

die

Asking for the fucking discussion to not be derailed isn't asking for a safe space fucker.

>posts something from Cracked
>posting redddit style le epic meme style pics
>telling anyone else to go anywhere

holy shit you stupid piece of filth, you should just die. A you'll be quickly forgotten by time.

Yeah since I'm looking forward to Aquaman. Hopefully they an get shit together and have it in order for 2019

>This triggers the Snyder autismos

see

Damn you're dumb as fuck faggot lmao

>healthy
heh

It makes money autist. That's the goal of the movies
>I don't like it!
Oh well, that sucks. It makes enough to continue so I'd say that's healthy

Every DCEU movie so far has made tons of money, and now WW getting the critics on board has ensured a 1000 year DC reich.

>Mediocre interconnected blockbusters
Yay?

Apparently a single well-received movie is a blossoming cinematic universe.
Shame that the character that made that film worthwhile an heroed in the very first film, the Director's Cut universe could have used more of that Pine Magic.

Wonder how it's gonna go when Gadot has to act instead of just running around and frowning with concentration?

It's WB's most bankable property right now. Unless they make the Harry Potter cinematic universe. Still cant believe how well fantastic beasts did

Well, after hearing about Joss Whedon taking over and Danny Elfman doing the score I'm actually starting to lose hope in JL

>Apparently a single well-received movie
The goal is money.
SS made gobs of money. Healthy.

Me too, but Sup Forums hates Snyder so hey.

Kys virgin

If $870 million is (((tons))), what is the definition of the 1.2 to 1.5 billion that the competition is pulling in with their Big Team movies?

Can Whedon deliver the goods?

No not really. I hate this stupid cinematic universe bullshit. Its stiffing, its no longer 'make a good film, it everything goes well, we might make a sequel' to 'everything is manufactured in advance, nothing is spontaneous, all done by committee

Yes, for some strange reason WB is movie away from catering to comic autists and attempting to work the general audiences. Strange.

How the fuck is it virginal to acknowledge that a individual creator has a baseless bad reputation with feminist?

>replies
heh

It CAN be stifling. WW felt fairly self contained.

POST YOUR WISHLIST!

> Gareth Edwards or Brad Bird directs Mos2.
> Whoever does is forbidden from homaging or rehashing Reeves.
> Have Clark & Lois doing investigative reporting together, maybe with Perry also.
> Hold off on Brainiac
> Jesse's Lex is MUCH more calm and less fidgety then he was in Bvs.
> Wonder Woman 2 is not set in America as Jenkins has claimed and is instead a smaller scale chase film with Diana tracking cheetah in exotic jungles.
> They use extensive flashbacks of them being friends bonding over archeology & mythology.
> They sexualize Diana more in 2 then they did in 1.
> If they use Circe, they use the new52 sm/ww design including pale skin & stark crimson hair.
> Mera is not a bitch or unlikable. They don't over do her reluctance to being with Arthur.
> Mera gets a equal amount of screen time & presence in the film like the new 52 run.
> They don't emphasize the notion of Arthur & Drago fighting over her too much as that will send the sjws into a rage that she is being treated as a "prize", and I really don't need to argue with feminist along with fucking ZS haters.
> They notably sexualize the 3 in Gotham City Sirens but their characterization is so emphasized and up front that calling their portrayal objectification would be denying reality
> The Batman - if they go with the rumored tons of villains show up thing, hold off on Mr.

>ensured a 1000 year DC reich.
Has WB ever managed 3 good superhero films in a row? TDK remains the only sequel to have outgrossed the film it follows. Unless you want to call BATMAN v superman a MoS sequel, which is reaching.

>Can Whedon deliver the goods?
JL won't be as ugly as The Avengers because Whedon didn't actually direct it, but JL will probably be turned into a quipfest through reshoots.

Sorry didn't finish...
>> The Batman - if they go with the rumored tons of villains show up thing, hold off on Mr. Freeze, and do a sequel with him based off a combination of Heart of Ice & Sub Zero.
Have Freeze be completely sympathetic like in Tas and give him a happy ending of sorts like Sub Zero's ending.

>POST YOUR WISHLIST!
Leto Joker going head to head with Batfleck.

I'm superexcited that Snyder is finally gone, so we don't have to watch his shit films anymore. hope he got a big lump sum severance package from them, because he wont be working for WB ever again.

No, I'm not interested in the Marvelization of these movies. Even if they execute, at least the DC movies were unique from the MCU, now they're just going to be indistinguishable. I'm done.

>JL won't be as ugly as The Avengers because Whedon didn't actually direct it,
Dimly lit CGI sequences weren't enough to make audiences love Snyder's movies, and if they love JL it will because Whedon finally breathed some charm into the roles.

I know this just can't quite sink in, but general audiences don't go to these films for the sped-up DBZ fightan. If JL exceeds 800 million and 60% fresh, it's because Whedon fixed it. Zack had his chances.

I love Snyder's DCEU films so far though. MoS was good and BvS was great. The weak link in MoS was the script.
Sad to see him go.
I hope JL is still his movie after all this stuff.

Seeing as you clearly don't think for yourself, i'll see your hivemind opinion and raise you another- Snyder shoots on film, while the Avengers was a digital shoot.

It's fine for them to do that and I don't blame them. I just actually liked what we were getting with MoS and BvS. I just want them to have better scripts

I mean, WW was a nice blend between Snyder and the MCU.
I'm with you though, the moment the DCEU has a "WE'RE FRIENDS FROM WORK!!11!" moment, i'm out.

BvS had a better script than MoS. You could really tell that Goyer was on his own in MoS.

>The weak link in MoS was the script.
Then their was no weak link because the script was fucking great.
The only 2 notable flaws in the film was the tornado scene and that failed because of the directing of it. And then tonal shit and time jump after the slaying of Zod.

>The only 2 notable flaws in the film was the tornado scene and that failed because of the directing of it.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the direction there. The problem was the reason Jonathan went back.

This faggot obviously did not see the first two acts of the film.

Yes, I'm familiar with the fact that you love CGI action more than story or characterization.
The fact that you have the movie tastes of a 9yr old doesn't change the fact that BvS and MoS sit at #21 and #25 domestically.

WB wasn't shooting for ASM/X-Men Last Stand numbers with those films.

American audiences just aren't (((sophisticated))) enough to appreciate color filtered heroics with retarded plotting.

WW was good because it was self contained aside from the framing device. JL is being Whedon-ified and JL2 if it ever gets made is going to be just as bad. Maybe this'll just a case of the teamup movies being terrible while the solo movies are good. Aquaman looks like it could be cool, and Batman always has the chance of being completely self contained.

Nolan's Trilogy >Raimi's Trilogy

>There was absolutely nothing wrong with the direction there
WAY too long and drawn out, it seemed like Clark had plenty of time to just stroll over to were Pa was, they should have had him get Martha & the little girl to the overpass at the exact same moment Pa got to his feat outside the car, and then Pa wave him off and Clark hesitates only for a second and Pa is swept away.

I thought the narrative was that BvS didn't have enough action.
I can't keep up with the Marvel intern talking points.

Is the great Gadot performance on the inevitable Director's Cut? Where did you see that?

>I'm familiar with the fact that you love CGI action more than story or characterization.
Not him but Mos & Bvs both had 40-ish minute gaps with zero action.
So your dismissal of us wanting brainless action fest is fucking baseless dude.

Oh boy, the pretentious asshole who thinks he's awesome and better then you for watching Metropolis and Akira (once) showed up guys. Grab the popcorn before he throws off his fedora and brings up Micheal Bay.

You realize you're in the minority on this now, right?

Raimi sits at #3, #5 and #9
Nolan has #2, #6 and #27.
So it's close, but the edge goes to Raimi with audiences.

Any word on producers, script, etc? I wonder if you know who will be involved.

What do those statistics have to do with quality?

whedon, a marvel director will save the dceu

>You realize you're in the minority on this now, right?
You realize you were squalling about how critics absolutely don't matter just a month or so ago, right?

Really? If you think she did not smile or show emotion throughout the movie until she began to deal with what life was off the island you should never watch movies again due to lack of eyesight and because it wasn't spelled out for you and held your hand as it explained everything.

I was? You got some proof of that?

What does "wut I like" have to do with quality?
You might like stupid shit for all we know.

i want DC to succeed, the only reason enmity and company wars exist are because of fanboys

here's hoping justice league is good.

"Smiling" is not a great performance. She's been trained to smile since she was a professional stage anorexic. It doesn't make Cavill a great actor when he manages it, either.

ONE MOVIE does not a "healthy cinematic universe blossoming" make

>reddit

No one said she was a great actor, she's far from horrible. Merely blowing a hole through your hyperbolic comment about her only frowning. So, try harder.

It's a blossoming. That means it's been planted in a copious pile of shit, and is beginning to push up through it.

There are no great actors playing any superhero. The only roles good actors play are villains or side characters.

3 our of 4 are good though.

Not even your fellow DC Autists can agree on which 3 that might be....
And the critics who gave WW her 92% firmly believe it's the first non-shitty WB/DC effort in a good while.

I'm not a demographic though. I'm just me, and for me, MoS, BvS, and WW have all been great.
I also enjoyed SS, but it felt somewhat unambitious.

I agree but it got butchered with the theatrical cut. There are still some things I would've changed personally but I really liked everything it was trying to do

It had plenty of ambition; it wanted to be GotG with added Joker.
I think you mistake swelling Zimmer musical scores with "ambition".

EU.
It's not DC autists. It's not DC fans. It's not DC fags. It's DCEU.

They're different groups of people and you need to acknowledge that. Here's a hint. DCEU fags are the ones screeching "NOT MUH" and "DO YOU EVEN READ COMICS AS MUCH AS I DO" at the actual DC fans.

I take it you mean "Make Superman and Batman into angry autistic douches who fall for a 5th grade playground plot to make them kill one another". Because it certainly achieved that in both editions.

I acknowledge this and apologize.

>I think you mistake swelling Zimmer musical scores with "ambition".
Welcome to kino 101.
Why do you think they eat up that first flight from Man of Steel and hold it on a pedestal? It uses warm colors and a swelling score. It's so basic and elementary that it's something they teach to 13 year olds at film camp but the idiots here think it's the pinnacle of artistic expression.

Snyder's entire plan for his movies was to stretch out the theory behind that Ikea Lamp commercial for 3 hours a piece and chucklefucks will defend it to the death.

>I think you mistake swelling Zimmer musical scores with "ambition".
No he means being experimental and exploring why Superman stays out of geopolitics and what if Batman breaks down and kills after 20 years of failure among other things.

No but four movies which all made profit does. Apart from the MCU and DCEU all these cinematic universe attempts have been complete abortions. The DCEU isn't as successful as the MCU but that doesn't mean it isn't healthy

Thank you, seriously.

Except Dceu fags can be actual Dc fans also you fucking psychotic.

This. The only one I really hate is SS and I only ever saw the extended cut for BvS which I thought was decent

None of that is experimental OR ambitious.
Hell most Superman stories only need 30 seconds to explain why he stays out of politics for a reason. There's no goddamn point to make that take 3 hours.

What is with the nonstop attempts at categorization?
I enjoy Snyder's films and my real entry point the DCU was with PAD's Young Justice.

I think you guys are confusing personal distaste with objective quality judgements.

Superman never showed any inclination to get involved with geopolitics in the Kinos, he simply clobbered some guy threatening Lois.
That's primarily what he does in both films; he swoops in and saves Lois from one preposterously suicidal situation after another.

And Batman of Murder stops being Batman at all. He should have just donned a League of Shadows gi and just became the Assassin that stalks the night. No appreciable reason is given for his heel turn, he's shown ignoring the Krytonian warning message to disastrous effect, and Superman does nothing to warrant his wrath whatsoever.

It only explores just how reliably bad Goyer is at writing movie plots. Something I felt wasn't in question at that point.

How is saying something is entry-level or elementary not an objective quality judgement?
The first flight scene literally works on babies because it's using motifs and techniques so simple even a baby subconsciously gets them.

And if that's NOT an objective quality judgment then why the fuck is declaring it ambitious allowed? By that logic, that's just as subjective a claim to make.

If it had focused on that it would have been a better movie. But it also had to be a Justice League trailer which didn't help

Not really, I 'm sorry to be a downer.but I wish it would just die down or off now. It has very little to do with the content or supposed/possible of the movies. It's entirely possible I'm bitter or petty in some way but I'm quickly reaching a point where I think no matter how cool it would be to have a movie about (character/group) it just brings, to me, much more negative consequences to comic books and the community than any brief enjoyment I might get from seeing a hero on the big screen.

>None of that is experimental OR ambitious.
It is for Superman MOVIES which have been nothing but childish fluff that not fucking once had a fucking thing to say or try.

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

>No appreciable reason is given for his heel turn
See, this type of thing is what I mean.
This is entirely subjective.
It is shown in the film that Bruce is very pessimistic after many years and little progress, and is becoming unhinged.

It

>How is saying something is entry-level or elementary not an objective quality judgement?
Because this
>The first flight scene literally works on babies because it's using motifs and techniques so simple even a baby subconsciously gets them.
has nothing to with whether it also hits home for adults.

Killing in self defense & defense of others isn't murder.
It's never clarified if he actually knew that his branding victims were getting killed or not.
His most uneeded kills in the film were during the car chase and even then they were shooting a fucking mini gun at him.

You have a vigilante who flaps in the night and gives no fucks about property damage.
And a second vigilante who swoops by day and gives no fucks about property damage.

They have zero reason to even mildly dislike one another. Bruce's employees died because he ignored a clearly authentic alien threat and sent all his employees into the city to their cubicles, while he conveniently stepped out for bagels.

You know what? Fuck Zack Snyder. Fuck him forever. I saw Wonder Woman tonight and it made me realize that you can have a hero from the Golden Age who doesn't struggle to adapt to the modern world. Diana just makes her way. She cut her path through total shit and made the world accept her.

Superman could have done the same, so fuck Zack and fuck Man of Steel. Superman just shouldn't have apologized to modern times the way MoS and BvS did.