OKKO! Let's be Heroes! thread. I fucking love this show. Talk about it

OKKO! Let's be Heroes! thread. I fucking love this show. Talk about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/d/1497675743964.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's get this out of the way.

I'm sad that everyone has to wait two months for new episodes now.

why does the animation go to shit like three episodes in?

why does the first episode have the main guy fantasise about being a pretty sailor scout like six seconds into the show?

I mean, the beefy alien guy shipping cans, blushing when a little boy talks to him, getting rescued by his femme coworker (who is naturally 1 power level higher than him obviously) and then the almighty level 10 or whatever strongest guy in the plaza turns into a stupid useless shy fuck whenever he sees the MC's mother all seem to lead towards some kind of agenda here. What do you suppose that is?

Dr Wily played by satam robotnik is neat though. And the ability to generate robot waifus seems like they can add a new gem I MEAN ROBOT whenever the show needs more waifuabait, ie plot direction.

Can't wait for the plot to dissolve under casual hanging out at the mall episodes and nosedive into serious shit at random though. Gotta love that tonal whiplash all the cool cartoons (boarder run shit) are doing these days.

I enjoy the show too user. Its loads of fun. Enjoy the fun while you can, because its only a matter of time before shitposters latch on to this and shit up the threads.

>why does the animation go to shit like three episodes in?
It doesn't. What are you talking about?

>why does the first episode have the main guy fantasise about being a pretty sailor scout like six seconds into the show?
Why wouldn't he?

>I mean, the beefy alien guy shipping cans, blushing when a little boy talks to him, getting rescued by his femme coworker (who is naturally 1 power level higher than him obviously) and then the almighty level 10 or whatever strongest guy in the plaza turns into a stupid useless shy fuck whenever he sees the MC's mother all seem to lead towards some kind of agenda here.
Please stop being retarded

This show's got great waifu designs. Very simple so that you can change them up as much as you want.

>It doesn't. What are you talking about?
sorry. My bad. FOUR episode in theres a total style and tone change and we suddenly start getting really weird derp faces.

>Why wouldn't he?
why would he?

not a response. You omitted and ignored the question at the end of that statement.

>a total style and tone change
No. It's supposed to be really loose all the time. How did you not notice this?

>OKKO! Let's be Heroes!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, OP! If you paid attention to the actual logo, you'd know that OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes (or just OK K.O.! for short) is the name of the show.

I mean, JESUS! I know the title has excessive punctuation, but it really isn't that fucking hard to follow!

>'OK' isn't punctuated
>'K.O.' is
>followed by an exclamation point (!)
>Let's Be Heroes (with 'Be' also capitalized since it's an active verb)
>keep in mind that there's ONLY ONE exclamation point in the entire punctuated title

The animation team (and likely also the boarder in charge) clearly changes between the first three and second three episodes. How did you not notice this?

Calm your autism.

The boarder changes so? It's doesn't change tonally and it looks just as goofy as it did before.

user, go watch the first three episodes. And then watch the fourth.

The animation studio changes. It is still goofy but it is DIFFERENT.

The show has tonal and stylistic rules that show all throughout the first three episodes. Episode 4-6 then change and have different rules and a style unlike the first three. Like wall eye expressions and hyperfocused outlined irises and shit.

It's not a criticism, but the art style of the show DOES change. That's all that's being pointed out. When says
>why does the animation go to shit like three episodes in?
it's because the style change is obvious and apparent. And some people don't like the fact that it does change because it means we'll get a show like SU where some episodes are radically off model and have different quality of animation.

It's not a big deal in a standalone series, but if you're trying to establish a solid narrative swapping your teams out inbetween episodes can be jarring.

Did the show premiered already? Did it had a thread and i didn't knew about it?

Let's be friends (2nd episode and thus in the 1st 3) and Jethro's ALL Yours (5th ep and thus in the 2nd 3) have the same board team (Ryann Shannon and Parker Simmons) and overseas animation director (Chang-woo Shin)

For the other two episodes in the first 3, Let's be heroes was Geneva Hodgson and Mira Ongchua, while Your everybody's sidekick (a very goofy, off model so) was Dave Alegre and Haewon Lee

Both of the other two eps in the 2nd half (the gars office one and the level 100 one) were Stevie Borbolla and Danny Ducker

Also both Geneva/Mira's ep and the level 100 one had Hwang Ki-hoo as animation director, while both Dave/Haewon's ep and the gar's office ep had Sunjae Lee and Byungjae Oh as directors

>The animation studio changes
Wrong. And I watched all the episodes back to back.

>it means we'll get a show like SU where some episodes are radically off model and have different quality of animation.
It's pretty impressive you could look at this show and not have it be incredibly apparent that it was designed with different boarders in mind and to be very loose allowing for all the exaggeration the boarders want. This is Ian JQ's show. The guy who boarded the episodes of SU you're talking about.

This border garbage is ridiculous. Convince me it's not just so they can be lazy as shit

This show doesn't have an on model so it allows for complete freedom. I don't have to convince you about anything.

I'm not totally sold on the show as a whole but damn if Jim Cummings isn't giving this his A game. I think I'll have to watch this just for him.

i cant wait for this show. adventure time's hiatus has left a real void in my heart and this looks like it's going to do at least some of the job.
I'm definitely gonna be drawing fanart because these designs are begging for me to redraw them

>Can't wait for the plot to dissolve under casual hanging out at the mall episodes and nosedive into serious shit at random though. Gotta love that tonal whiplash all the cool cartoons (boarder run shit) are doing these days.
You do realize that this is the only way action can even get greenlit anymore, right? action is seen as unprofitable and problematic in an era where soccer moms have inexplicably made a comeback
This is the best we can fucking get. the cheaper, funnier, more chill alternative to real action, but the alternative is getting nothing but TTG

I need more of her

this is a shit show wtf are you faggots talking about

I wanted first shot in the shitposting
please sponsor me with (You)s

I still wish they'd come up with a better title. lakewood turbo plaza had a bad sound to it, but OK KO is unsearchable and .. that's a pretty bad subtitle, when subtitles are already bad in general.
I think he was being facetious and mocking the title

Are the episodes available on mega?

Could be worse, user. have you seen the shorts they made before the show? there's like a dozen of them and each is uglier and weirder than the last.

like here's what I'm saying here in production order
1044-001 TBA (might be the first ep Geneva and Mira boarded, but wouldn't be surprised if it was directly boarded by Ian and/or Toby)
1044-002 Jethro's All Yours (boarded by Ryann Shannon and Parker Simmons) (Overseas Animation Director: Chang-woo Shin)
1044-003 TBA (probably the first ep boarded by Dave and Haewon)
1044-004 We Messed Up (boarded by Stevie Borbolla and Danny Ducker) (Overseas Animation Directors: Sunjae Lee and Byungjae Oh)
1044-005 Let's Be Heroes (boarded by Geneva Hodgson and Mira Ongchua) (Overseas Animation Director: Hwang Ki-hoo)
1044-006 Let's Be Friends (boarded by Ryann Shannon and Parker Simmons) (Overseas Animation Director: Chang-woo Shin)
1044-007 You're Everybody's Sidekick (boarded by Dave Alegre and Haewon Lee) (Overseas Animation Directors: Sunjae Lee and Byungjae Oh)
1044-008 TBA
1044-009 You're Level 100 (boarded by Stevie Borbolla and Danny Ducker) (Overseas Animation Director: Hwang Ki-hoo)
actually there ARE two animation studios (SMIP and digital eMation), though it's not a clean cut 1st 3/2nd 3 like that guy's claiming
though I think the credits are missattributing which studio did which episode: Let's Be Heroes is the only episode attributed to SMIP instead of eMation, but not only doe the level 100 ep (which is attributed to eMation) have the same director, but also I recognize Sunjae Lee's name from a few SMIP SU episodes

So like, are they ditching Stephanie Nadolny? I'm confused because she's in all the first shorts, but not in the first three episodes of the show, but then she comes back for the next three. the production codes are completely random so it's not that.

>OK KO is unsearchable
>literally google "OK KO"
>all the results are the show

just search "ok ko" with quotations on any site and it's fine

I already have my waifu picked out. I'm contractually obligated to waifu anyone voiced by Melissa Fahn. also she's a cute glasses loli (at least I THINK those are glasses)
plus she can hack trees

Actually I think the order they recorded episodes is the same as intended airing order or at least close: for insance (using SU as an example): Onion Trade was the 18th episode produced, 15th to air (and season 1A was done in a weird order due to board teams, as the episode with pearl's new outfit was the 13th produced and 16th aired) had the same recording studio manager as the other episodes within the first 16 (even though coach steven and lion 2, the 16th and 17th episodes in production order had the same recording studio manager as the rest of season 1)

how the fuck
did google get smarter or something?

Uh, yes? Google is honestly too smart, it's getting concerning.

what bothers me is apparently my results aren't your results.. so if i google my own shit it's like "oh it's you! here" and i think "yay my shit is googlable" and it turns out no

yeah those shorts were done by many different animation studios
science saru did KO, Carol, and Rad's Van
Studio Yotta did Rad, Enid's Bad Day, Commercial, Barrels and Crates, and Power Up
Rubber House did Enid
MUA Film did Rad Cries (same art style as most of the yotta shorts, but a drastically different animation style)
CN Studios' internal flash animation unit did Dendy
and Powerhouse Animation did Boxmore Infomercial

i really worry about the future of animation. i mean yeah saturday morning cartoons died but they were braindamaged for years. THIS though. what is the fucking deal with so many shorts? It makes it really hard to say i've seen everything. and it's not just cartoons either, fuckin doctor who has a bunch of them, and sometimes they tie in with the episodes and you miss something if you dont track them down.
but putting the shorts BEFORE the show, by almost a year? and having all different studios doing them, so that nobody really knew what the final show would look like?
that is madness.

There are actually two batches of shorts (based on the production codes)
The first 3 (K.O.!, Enid, and Rad; all copyrighted 2015) were boarded summer of 15 and made to promote the game
The remaining shorts are all the 2nd batch (copyrighted 2016; has the same season number as the final show's episodes) and were boarded probably right before the show itself began boarding (fall of '15)

Did someone say "roll thread"?

Wtf is wrong with her lipstick?

Good shit, user. I really like Red Action mainly cause I'm into chicks in cool armor. Not to mention her tomboy attitude which is great

Alrighty

How's the animation? I assume because of the low effort art style that the animation must be top notch.

Depends on the scene

>game
wha?

The was a mobile game released back in early 2016

>mobile
booooo
why cant this shit run on real computers? it's bad enough they force real computer programs to not run on phones

>OK KO is unsearchable
Go to your settings and turn off the tailored content. It's what I do. Also turn off the data tracking.

Literally just young Velma from A Pup Named Scooby Doo. Not that I'm complaining.

Watch the fucking show you shitposter

you mean "Private Results" ? I have that turned off, but I'm still told my results are custom tailored
and of course I turned tracking off long ago. doesn't stop them from giving me special youtube results and shit from when i google

It really is. The fight animation is actually pretty fucking good. I don't have any webms though and there hasn't been much yet but if this show ever actually starts doing more fights it's going to be great.

she also has a special kind of autism where she can't see imaginary items in clouds, and says things like "don't worry, it's just going to kill us"

at least theres a console game coming out later this year

yay!
man it is the crime of the century that AT's games weren't good. Pen wanted so badly for them to be good, had ideas, drew fucking designs..
if it's depressing that someone like him that is basically me gets to succeed in ways I didn't just because he lived in california, it's DOUBLE depressing that despite all his success he still couldnt do the basic thing we all dream of

i.4cdn.org/d/1497675743964.png

>if it's depressing that someone like him that is basically me gets to succeed in ways I didn't just because he lived in california, it's DOUBLE depressing that despite all his success he still couldnt do the basic thing we all dream of
Cut that out. Pen isn't you and you aren't him. He did not get where he is just because he lives in California. If you think it's so easy then submit your stuff to get picked up. You should have a new show by the end of the week.

sign me the fuck up my bro

she's in disguise but since she's a robot she doesn't actually know how to put on makeup.

the mobile game is fun, it's free too. but you gotta watch ads which is a little bullshit

>Create a show with video game references
>Name the protagonist's love interest after a bootleg russian NES
What did he mean by this?

Thats to much man!

GOD DAMMIT NO

YES

Haha alright

Anyone else like how lewd this episode felt?

yes.

Does anybody have links to full episodes?

theres a mega and a google drive
i dont have the links to them but they're in the archive

LITERAL.
WEAPONIZED.
AUTISM.

Draqfag here, have an Enid. Seriously loving the show.

K.O. is exactly the kinda of naive and impressionable kid I love.

Posting the one I made last thread.

It's the Crimson Chin's younger sister.

That thread was great. Had a lot of great creations ranging from Normal to Silly to Shitposty.

OK K.O! is practically Capcom: The Anime.
Doctor Wily tries to defeat Mike Haggar's shopping strip because he hates friendship, while a young Ryu wants to become the strongest.

I really enjoyed watching it.

Why doesn't Cartoon Network air shows anymore?

>MOM I NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOU IN THIS MICRO BIKINI FOR MY BOSS

Where can I watch this without downloading?

That ending was interesting. Seems like they are hinting a watchmen and cowboy bebop-esque backstory

I wanna do things to that robot.

rolling

Fuck it.

here comes nada!

roll

It'll cost you 5,000,000 technos.

It is done.

welp buddy boi, you're going into the background.

>The realization that these threads will be filled with Dendy lewds once she shows up in the main show proper.

i will counter with shannon lewds
viva la resistance!

Its coming out in August so we'll have more material then to talk about. Be patient.

LORE when?

You'll never melt her icy heart.

You anons can have your Dendy and Red Action. Elodie's my one and only

Changing the title from Lakewood Plaza Turbo to this mess was a mistake. I'll never understand how so many people half-ass the punctuation and write K.O instead of K.O.; in fact, does The Booru even have an accurate tag for the show?

>Luffy: I am going to become King of the Pirates!
>Naruto: I am going to become Hokage believe it!
>Zuko: I am going to become the new Fire Lord!
>K.O: I am going to become a Hero!
Tired of these shitty shounen types.

It's a decent show.

So hopefully we will get like weeks of new episodes in August like CN does Steven Universe and Adventure Time now. I don't wait weekly for new episodes.

I'd keep it simple and just type it out as OK KO when talking about it just to make searching for it easier. At least we got that awesome opening from the name change.

>Zuko: I am going to become the new Fire Lord!
He just wanted his honor back and his fathers approval. He never desired to take the throne from his dad until he switched teams.

>You'll never earn their respect and admiration.