Sunday Superman thread. Let's bask in the warm glow of Kal-El and think about how Superman has enriched all our lives

Sunday Superman thread. Let's bask in the warm glow of Kal-El and think about how Superman has enriched all our lives.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fg207LfLHOk
youtube.com/watch?v=d7n3-Ea3BW8
youtube.com/watch?v=BngcLnLZgA8
youtu.be/D4dT2eBWI2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No matter how many versions of Superman there are or how many people shit on him, to me Superman is the true American superhero. He is the good Samaritan who will rescue your cat from a tree or help you pull your car out of the mud. I understand that to keep him interesting they have to have him be involved in 21st century moral dilemmas, but at his core he will always be our #1 boy scout. who always saves the day.

>black Superman

Check

>Asian superman

Check

>Latino superman

Check

>muslim superman

???

Picked up "The Golden Age of Superman Vol. 1" and was surprised to see how the very first Superman was so short with criminals and savage af.
He forces a munitions manufacturer to join the army by threat of killing him, enlists with him, watches him break down and promise never to manufacture munitions again. Then he forces the Generals to fight out the rest of the war, and they say "I don't have a problem with him!" and resolve that wars are only fought to sell ammunition.

In the first issue he just ruthlessly beats people up and only says asshole one liners.

He is a total spineless fag in front of Lois in the first issue though. The real world story of Action Comics #1 is interesting as well.

Might be idolatry man, illegal for Muslims

Can anyone tell me if the New Adventures of Superboy is worth reading?

>In the first issue he just ruthlessly beats people up and only says asshole one liners.

>"you're not fighting a woman now"

pure kino

Starting the afternoon off strong.
youtu.be/fg207LfLHOk

Can Superman break lightspeed at will?

I have read a bunch of Superman comics where he goes from the earth to the sun in less than a minute.
You'd have to travel at 8 times to speed of light to do that. We're talking 2 398 339 664 m/s here, which is pretty fucking insane.

Met Dean Cain on the weekend, he was pretty cool

Yeah, running he's slower than flash, but flying he's as fast if not faster over time

In Death of the New Gods Superman flew over one million times the speed of light, minimum.

It's fathers day. How do we all feel about Superman having a kid in continuity?

Chris superior

Where from?

You guys saw the black DCEU Superman on Empire right
I think it looks nice. I'd like to see Omega Superman on screen at least just once

I don't know that he is, but I'm still butthurt that they got rid of him so easily only to introduce Jon who's basically the same fucking thing.

Pretty much shows how long the Superman editorial has been completely directionless.

This

>STILL no Johns Action omnibus
>STILL no Morrison Action omnibus

Johns AC isn't that good.

It's great.
Clark already worked well as a father figure.

>Go to bookstore with dad for Father's Day
>He gets annoyed that I'm reading Superman comics
>Keeps trying to get me to read the cliff notes to Atlas Shrugged instead

I wish Superman was my dad.

After 3 weeks i've finally read all superman post crisis chronology books holy shit i feel fucking pumped

>using ethnics
Ok
>using religion
What?
You could say middle eastern Superman instead
I mean he could also be a jew.

There is a morrison action omnibus in my country.

jealous af senpai

Does Superman actually have infinite strength? Could he really beat the God of Combat, Son Goku?

He could beat Goku in a superior dad competition.

We'll depending on the Superman he's basically capable of powers surpassing even mxyzptlk he lived to and pass the end of the universe and casually tore holes in space&time

power levels have lost all meaning in DB they have been for a while.

post Superdad

>You'll never get to see me again user. I just hope I made a diference I'm your life.

Post Superman related dad moments

What comic is this from? Is it worth a read??

at the Sydney Supanova convention

Excellent taste, user.

Supplementing with
youtube.com/watch?v=d7n3-Ea3BW8

and
youtube.com/watch?v=BngcLnLZgA8

Superman's seriously the GOAT superhero. An inspiring origin story filled with kindness and hope, a great powerset, and a good guy.

Has there ever been a comic run where we see the different Supermen chill together?

>Has there ever been a comic run where we see the different Supermen chill together?
I can't say for sure, but I don't think so.

Not real, still a fun idea.

I guess there's stuff like Superman Beyond 3D and Multiplicity but it doesn't happen often enough as a normal teamup arc.

powerlevels have never been a factor in DC/Marvel anyway. no two writers agree on what the powerlevels are so one story superman could shit on green lantern then as soon as the writer changes hal suddenly is fighting even with supes.

tbqh I cringe every time I see Babs in anything at this point

Later, in that same issue.

That idea that Superman has to act differently because it's Gotham has always been stupid.

Thank you, I've been looking for these scans for a year and a couple months. I love it whenever superman and dick interact.

youtu.be/D4dT2eBWI2M

I haven't seen that movie in ten fucking years and I still teared up.

"You are who you choose to be," is a solid fucking line. Iron Giant did a fantastic job by not beating you in the face with left-leaning ideals, and delivered them tactically. I don't think anything related to guns will ever be this good, regardless of which side of the argument you're on.

I was disappointed to find out Calvin Ellis's Kryptonian name isn't K-Lar, son of K-Ent.

I love Superdad

Even when Superman's doing fucking amazing shit, he finds the time to give props to the missus.

He seems pretty cool whenever he pops up on Crowder's show.

Are you one of those people that call Trump and others critical of Islam racists? Because a Superman of any race could be Muslim.

I'd kill for an Ennis run on Superman

Nothing beats this kino.

>eat the pie that my wife backed for us
>eat the pie, bruce
>eat the f****** pie
How rude