Press S to spit on Miles grave

Press S to spit on Miles grave

S

Are you forgetting that he's literally immortal because of the Oz serum?

So Ultimate Peter is still alive too since he had it?

>singe-handedly takes on villains like Blackheart and Ultimate Dr. Doom
>jobs to Hammerhead

wow

Im sort of confused about why people hate him

its it just because he's bendis's pet/ an obvious case of needless diversity push? or is he actually a shitty person in universe like Carol or Tony ?

desu Ive never really read much with him in it because I gave up on marvel a while ago

Nah, Ult Peter outright got erased from existence. Miles was on the magic raft of survivors.

Yeah.

both

I've been keeping track, he keeps being ruined by events.

Also Bendis lost the plot years ago and should really take a break from comics writing for a year or two.

Miles is a good person. People are more annoyed by his book because he has this "venom blast" power that the writer uses as an "I win" button at the end of most fights.

Also his book is really REALLY decompressed, so almost nothing happens in every issue.

He's utterly milquetoast and boring. This by itself would just make him forgettable, except that Marvel (or just Bendis) doesn't want us to forget him, so they keep forcing him into teams and events despite the fact that, as far as I know, none of their readers could tell you anything about him besides that he's mixed black/Hispanic.

>mixed black/Hispanic.

People tend to forget that part too in favour of "He's black".

he's boring, and a forced diversity push of a key classic character. Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider worked because there was better writing, a unique art style expressly identified for him, and the original character wasn't a top seller, thus provoking some open mindedness.

It also didn't help that Miles and Silk were shoved out in a time frame that was too close together. It was a Marvel grab for more spider money.

>its it just because he's bendis's pet/ an obvious case of needless diversity push?

This, plus the venom blast and because he's just fucking boring. Actually, I can't even bring myself to hate him. He's just too bland to do anything other than be mildly ambivalent of.

He started out pretty interesting with his Uncle being his main antagonist, but then he kills him and Bendis quickly starting re-writing Ultimate Peter stories but with Miles inserted.

Nah, he didn't. His uncle was interesting. Miles was consistently the worst part of his own book.

Robbie got fucking robbed. One of Marvel's rare non shit characters and they pissed him away by sabotaging his books every turn. Miles is only popular because he's a diversity hire no one wants to admit he's unqualified

I can't really hate him. There's not enough anything there to hate.

James Hurley was imbued by the Black Lodge with forehead powers

Stage 2 retard Cooper

Some people just want to hate. At best he's boring, and that's more the fault of Marvel than anyone else.

Miles had some decent character development in the original series:
>Living up to Peter's legacy and proving himself to the other heroes of the Ult U
>His relationship with Uncle Aaron and guilt over his death
>His guilt over his mom's death
>His relationship with his dad as Jefferson was dealing with his hate of superheros, his history as a SHIELD agent , the death of his brother, the death of his wife, and learning that his son was a superhero

Then Secret Wars happened.
Now Miles is in a new world. Peter is alive. His mom is alive. His dad is 100% ok with him being a hero. The only thing that wasn't wiped out was the death of Uncle Aaron. He's been sorta directionless since then.

He came back from death, but you can't come back from erasure.

This is the SECOND time Miles has lost to Hammerhead.

Through the darkness of shitposts past, the magician longs to see.
One chants between two boards
"Moot, walk with me."

That's how it works in America. Any blackness is equivalent to full.

I don't hate Miles, it's just that he's kinda boring. Doesn't help that Bendis has been rehashing his stories for years and keeps Miles segregated from all of Peter's stuff.

Miles lost to Hammerhead? How does that happen when he's better than Pete in every way and can just one-shot everybody with his Venom Blast?

Ha, I guessed this guys name was Hammerhead with out ever reading the comics. I'm a ducking genius

I'm confused about how I feel.
His book is really boring, his personality is pretty bland and whiny. But the character isn't an awful person. But as a character that isn't entertaining, he takes up space and resources that I think could be spent on some other character with better traits or more potential. For me, that's where the strong dislike starts. But lately, with other characters I've really liked or though deserved a chance coming back or getting books with awful writers,I'm somewhat pleased, or rather, I can appreciate Miles as something that keeps Bendis or some other YA author away from characters I actually like. In a better marginalized than ruined point of view.

>It also didn't help that Miles and Silk were shoved out in a time frame that was too close together.

Didn't Miles predate Silk by several years?

The only advantage Miles have over Peter is his invisibility, venom blast and immortality if they kept that. Other than that, Miles is inferior in terms of speed, agility, reflexes and strength.