ITT: Characters that got away with everything

ITT: Characters that got away with everything.

fuck off retard LPS is better than your shitty show

Why was she such a selfish uncaring cunt towards Dipper?
It just seemed like she never grew as a character and never learned from her mistakes.
Why make her this much of a bitch?

My show is way more popular though, so fuck off

not my fault you eat shit fag

My show has more in depth characters

Alex can't write girls

says someone who has never watched LPS ever
kys

Considering that Pacifica's popularity was a fluke that Alex got Pissy about, that seems likely.

And also Wendy's utter blandness

Spectacular Spider-Man's Norman Osborn.

I watched one episode of LPS and it was an MLP clone. Go give the awesome MLP show a chance

I watched mlp up to season 5 and your show is shitty and for babies
give LPS an actual chance you retarded cunt

It still hurts

Here we go again

Terrible character, terrible show.

Get some taste, user.

>Sym Bionic Titan
>Terrible

You get taste first.

I really hate this ind of characters not just hate but because they alwsys ruin everything and all they do is say "sorry"

What did she do wrong again? I forgot.

Mabel doesn't even say sorry most of the time

Everything

Wasn't really her fault.

It was kinda her fault

And then they technically became the good guys by molesting someone worse than them.

she told dipper not to hit on girls. that was what really set Sup Forums off. there was some complaining before that, but not that much.

Yeah most of the Mabel hate actually came from Roadside Attraction or before that and not Weirdmageddon which wasn't really her fault and was more Ford's fault than hers.

>wasn't really her fault and was more Ford's fault than hers.
Just a little more summer...

What will happen when she reveals what she did to Dipper?

She was upset that Dipper was insincere and lied to everyone he met.

He won't care because he loves her (not that way) and like she's accepted that she can't avoid growing up he's accepted he can't rush it.

Insincere how? All he did was flirt with a few girls and get their numbers.

I'm probably remembering it wrong but she was more mad about Candy being hurt because Dipper was never upfront about how uninterested he was which made her think she had a chance.

All the girls showing up at the end and telling Dipper to fuck off probably had more to do with the status quo (IIRC they had his email too) being preserved in the easiest way but unfortunately it mean he had to be shat on.

Wait, Sins Past in SS?

>Dipper: I should've let you die in that mansion fire, huh?
>Mabel: (giggles) Probably!

He wasn't romantically interested in any of them nor intended to follow up with any of them, including Candy.

It's been forever since I've seen this episode but there's always some argument for why this actually wasn't a bad thing that always pops up and for the life of me I can't remember it.

It's a show that should never have been greenlit, it's so bad. And I used to enjoy Canadian toons...

What? Because he was using them a practice to get used to talking to girls that aren't Wendy? It's Dipper being selfish and he got called on it.

Dipper's every bit as selfish as Mabel is.

Probably the best example is The Time Traveler's Pig or Sock Opera. Mabel thinks her interests are more important than Dipper's and Dipper agrees to help her and forget about what he wants purely because she's his sister

The Time Traveler's Pig
> Mabel wins pigs on her own.
> Dipper absolutely wrecks a chance to impress Wendy and makes Robbie look good.
> Mabel tries to cheer up Dipper and is nice to Blendin and gives him her tickets and tells him to have fun.
> Dipper takes time machine and the two of them repeat the day. Mabel spends more time with Waddles and bonds more with her pet and Dipper blows his date over and over again.
> Dipper's plan to avoid fate requires Mabel to help, it works, but she can't win Waddles and is heartbroken.
> Dipper tells her to get over it and won't go back in time any further.
> Dipper goes forward in time and discovers that she doesn't get it.
> Restores status quo and everything goes as it did the first time through.

That's Mabel being selfish, how? Dipper was a dick in that episode once he got his way.

THANK YOU MABEL! YOU DOOMED THE PLANET!!!!

but that's actually how roasties act.
Getting away scott fucking free is also accurate to life.

>Dipper's every bit as selfish as Mabel is.
Dipper isn't "create a new sister who obeys me" selfish.

Honestly, it depends on who you ask. Some say she's an ass because she expects Dipper to do everything for her and does nothing for him, while to some it's just him getting revenge for being a dick. But in this instance, I definitely think it's more towards the former

Dipper usually causes the problem to be fixed. Like in that episode. Mabel did nothing selfish in that episode whatsoever.

No he just created sentient clones of himself that die when they get wet so he could get close to Wendy and get out of the job he was responsible for doing.

>the show tries to sell Dipper and Mabel as siblings that really love each other no matter the flaws they have
>yet as soon as Mabel gets her perfect bubble world, she replaces Dipper on a dime with a more "likeable" brother that doesn't have any of Dipper's flaws
Mabel is fucking insufferable.

>No he just created sentient clones of himself that die when they get wet so he could get close to Wendy and get out of the job he was responsible for doing.
and do you think that's as bad?

>as if he did any wrong.

I saw the first three episodes of season 1, and missed the rest of it.
Is it worth my time to find the rest of it online, if only to find out why everyone hates this character so much?

It's the definition of selfish

she got told off by bill cipher once. Although, she doesn't learn from this.

she got told off by her friends in boy crazy and released the boys by the end of the episode

This trainwreck of a character. Doesn't learn shit when she's the fucking protagonist.

>Dipper's every bit as selfish as Mabel is.

That's sort of objectively false

Who hurt you

I honestly think you're going to be disappointing with that aspect. I know I was. People seem to blow the whole thing out of proportion and ignore two facts I will continue to say. 1) Dipper is just as selfish and dickish as she and 2) They are both 12 year old children. Of course they are selfish but neither of them are literally Satan or anything dumb like that.

>there was some complaining before that but not much
Newfag alert. I've been complaining since TTP aired.

>Light flirting to build up confidence is now selfish because Boys aren't allowed to express interest in a girl unless they're looking for a serious relationship
Just how much pussywhipped can a man be?

To top it off
>mabel flirts with everyone
>like literally everyone
>actively mind rapes people
>actively pursues multiple people who are friends
>takes issue with Dipper
Alex needs a bullet and Mabel was a mistake of a character

Some examples of Dipper being lame by the way:
The time travel one where she gets her pig legit and he fucks up with his crush so he steals the ruler and makes it so that Mabel can't win the pig she loves so much just to fix his mistake.

The pool one where he would rather the guy be miserable in the pool forever rather than lose his job with his crush, right up until the very end.

Then there was the whole girls number thing, which isn't really Dippers fault when it comes to the initial girls because he's just following his Uncle's advice, and kids usually trust adults. But he led Candy on even though he could feel deep down that it was wrong, just to boost his ego (I think that's the reason anyway) which was lame

About the Armageddon stuff. That wasn't really her being Satan either. Think about it. She wants things to stay the same (selfish but remember she's twelve) then an adult figure she has no reason to distrust and who has popped up randomly before says "Hey I can give you some more time." and she thinks "Cool, I get one more week of this cool stuff before my bro (one of the most important people in my life) leaves me forever." (One other quick point. Remember when you were a kid and tiny shit was the biggest deal in the entire world? Crushes? Math Quizzes? Getting Ice Cream? I think that's how the twins really feel about each other, and it's said that twins have some of the closest bonds.) All that she has to do is get some weird gadget, that her brother hid from her remember so she doesn't know it's important, and their just happens to be one in the pack. So, in her moment of intense childlike sadness, makes a dumb snap decision hands it over. We've all made those kinds of mistakes without thinking before.

I will agree that the whole argument about Dipper leaving for Mabel could have been done better, but I will also say that even though he gave up that opportunity, once Mabel realized how crazy she was being she said he didn't havetodo that

I forget, did mabel know she was in a magical bubble?

If it was just kind of a dream to her it isn't at all weird she'd reinterpret her close ones in an idealized way

In a general sense, the show never let her be wrong.

Every time she took up Dipper's time, felt sad about Dipper doing what Dipper likes, bothered Dipper, made fun of Dipper, everything, the show would treat it as though she was in the right and Dipper's criticism was wrong. Every argument defaults to her opinion and her options.

Time Traveler's Pig- there's a Dipper vs Mabel situation. Dipper wins, and then Mabel mopes for literally days so Dipper lets her win. The show calls this a happy ending.

In Sock Opera she monopolizes Dipper's time with the goal of impressing a boy she met yesterday. Dipper does not like this. Everyone else treats him as a jerk for it.

It gets really bad after Not What He Seems- the whole Pines Twins Parallels is stacked against the nerd side- from Dipper's choice to stay with Stanford to how Dungeond Dungeons and More Dungeons is treated, the show gives all of its sympathy to Mabel and none to Dipper.

Its the kind of thing that you can easily watch the entire show without noticing, but if you sympathize more with Dipper, or just go online and read this stuff, it starts to bug you.

Yeah she knows at least after her friends come to get her because they tell her whats up. But because she's scared of all the big changes coming her way and she's mad at her brother for wanting to leave her so easily she just wants to stay in there forever. Until Dipper snaps her out of it. She even admits once she's out that she was acting crazy.

Not the only one

True, but at least Ariel is lovable & attractive.

Also I just wanna say I really dislike how DDnMD was treated in the show. In a world where so many shows recognize tabletop gaming as a way for people to come together and socialize and play pretend, this intelligent, creative, inventive show defaults to the "weird nerd game with complicated rules" trope like it's the nineties again.

She's just not as crazily obsessed with the mystery in the town. That's more or less how it is for the whole show. She just kind of follows Dipper around but it's not nearly as important to her. That's not a bad or selfish thing I don't think. Plus she apologizes in the end for "Being obsessed with a dumb guy." Also, nobody makes Dipper out to be the bad guy in the episode at all.

With the Dungeon stuff I think at that point she's just getting jealous that all Dipper wants to do is hang out with Ford, to the point where he's not even showing up to the marathons and stuff they used to like doing. I don't think it's ever explicitly said (I don't remember) but I do remember that she just keeps giving Dipper this sad look when he starts talking about how much fun he has. The creators could have made that more spelled out though I agree with that. Actually I think Stan gets pretty jealous too. Again, they just don't really like the game all that much. Lots of people don't like dungeons and dragons for whatever reason. It doesn't make them evil. Plus it was Stans fault that the whole thing went bad, not Mabels.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion about how bad she is or whatever. Feel free to hate whoever you guys want. But lets try and keep out facts straight at least.

That's because DnD is a pure numbers simulator for entry level newcomers and faggots with shit taste. Unless your playing the pathfinder variant in which case it's for raging waifufags and /d/eviants.

>ITT: MIDF

>That's not a bad or selfish thing I don't think.
Considering that Dipper's obsession was a about a fucking demon invading from another dimension like it was fucking 40k, and Mabel's interests were the blandest most boring of stereotypical preteen things, I'd say it was pretty bad.

It was Dipper's fault that even happened in the first place. He's the one that ended up making the deal with Bill. He even apologizes in the end for taking it that far.

Plus at first they just think it's going to tell them who the author is. Bill's not even involved until the deal and Mabel has no idea what's going on until Dipper warns her in puppet form. Then she ruins her whole show to get her brother back.

>Dipper's fault that even happened in the first place. He's the one that ended up making the deal with Bill. He even apologizes in the end for taking it that far.
Dipper got possessed and all that happened was a computer breaking. Don't try to pin that on him you fucking liar!

Mothers I Decline to Fuck?

What are you talking about? Bill comes out and says he'll give Dipper the code if he can get him one of Mabel's puppets, he accepts (Like an idiot why would you trust that demon for anything?) and THEN he gets possessed. It was entirely his fault.

I'm pretty sure Bill can't even do anything at all unless he makes a deal, y'know him being a demon and all.

What kind of pathfinder game have you been playing to form such an opinion?

>LPS
>Not posting superior version of it.

Neck yourself faggot.

I'm saying your lying about that having anything to do with Bill getting into real space. He was foiled at the last second when Mable finally decided to stop being a little shit.

Bill getting into real space had everything to do with Mabel giving the portal to a complete stranger to that he can warp space and time with so that she doesn't have to face the real world.

Just look at /pfg/ in /tg/ it's a rarity whenever they discuss the actual game. That and some of the Lore is just straight up fetish shit like Yeenoghu.

>Mabel gets 5 pop stars and treats them like literal body pillows, learns nothing/very little

>Dipper talks to some girls to build up his game and confidence, gets demonized by everyone for it.

How is this a discussion?

Oh I just rewatched it. He didn't even say Mabel's puppet. Here's the scene

Bill: I can help you kid you just need to hear out my demands
Dipper: Uhg, What crazy thing do you want anyway? To eat my soul? To rip out my teeth? Are you going to replace my eyes with baby heads or something?
Bill: Yeesh kid relax, all I want is a puppet.
Dipper: A puppet? What are you playing at?
Bill: Everyone loves puppet, and it looks to me like you've got a surplus.
Dipper: Uhhhg, I don't know man. Mabel worked really hard on these.
Bill: Seems to me one little puppet is a small price to pay to learn all the secrets to the universe. Besides what's your sister done to you lately? How many times have you sacrificed for her? (Then a scene of the gnomes (Of course he'd save her), the measuring tape (That was his fault and she won that pig legit, she sacrificed for him and then he decided it wasn't worth it) Then the mermaid (Saving him was the correct decision that's not a sacrifice.) Plus this is a literal demon trying to tempt him and be twisty with his words) and when has she ever returned the favor? (The only one that could even work is the Time one and she does but Dipper decides that he was being a dick)
30 seconds on the clock
Bill: Tick tock kid.
Dipper: Just one puppet? Fine!

It was all his fault.

Stranger? What the hell are you talking about, it was the guy they fucked over, battled with, and restored his position. That's why he says something along the lines of "You did something cool for me, I just thought I'd return the favor." Cause he can fuck with time and whatnot. (Those aren't the exact words but I can go find them if you want). So she thinks that one extra week of summer would be cool. Should she have been suspicious of the random device? Sure, but nobody told her what it was. Ford even told Dipper to not tell anyone "Not even your sister." (That is direct) so he doesn't. She had no idea the gravity (heh) of the situation at the time.

Bill's entire shtick is that he tricks people into giving him what he wants. He did it to both Dipper and Mabel and they both made the wrong move, but that's just it, they BOTH made the wrong move in desperation.

Like I said. Hate Mabel all you want. Think she's a terrible horrible awful selfish person. Hate everybody in the entire show, that's fine I don't care. Let's just keep our facts straight.

But after knowing about Bill and knowing that shit has been going down from Ford for awhile now, she should be smart enough to not jump into something like that.

>"Oh but she's a kid."

So is Dipper but he has actual responsibility and logic, like a lot of kids actually do.

Mabel is a poorly wirtten character, truly a stain on an otherwise fantastic show.

>. So she thinks that one extra week of summer would be cool. Should she have been suspicious of the random device? Sure, but nobody told her what it was.
That still doesn't mean she should fucking screw around with it. It's A) weird warpy looking shit and B) not hers. That alone is reason for anyone with more than 2 braincells not to fuck with it. And also "one more week of summer" bullshit! What blendin was proposing was a looping Time Bubble. She would have fucking with the lives of not only her brother and family, but those of everyone in town, just because she couldn't pony up and deal with life not being perfect.

>he says, while constantly rewriting details and hoping nobody notices him.

Considering they are based on Alex and his sister, shit like this always makes me wonder what kind of inferiority complex he has towards her.

They both have their moments of maturity and immaturity. Dipper's just mostly focuses on one specific girl. They both fuck things up and in the end go "Wait no, that's bad." and fix things back up.

Like I said, they both made snap decisions about things that were important to them when it came to Bill and they both fucked up. If you're going to demonize Mabel for that, it would only make sense to demonize Dipper as well. She does say "Just a little more summer." So it's not a week I got that wrong. I would understand the hate if she knowingly caused the apocalypse in order to get her own magical world to play in or something. That I would understand. But the situation as presented is more or less the same as the Dipper Bill deal. They both were given options to get the thing they want most and they both took that deal and had to deal with the consequences. The only real differences is that Dipper knew he was talking to Bill and should have known it would have gone badly, and that Mabel didn't know she was talking to Bill. She should have known things would go badly anyway but nothing crazy like what did end up happening.

Nope not at all. Feel free to verify everything I've said ya dingus. Also point out anything I got wrong.

I hate Mabel but she won the pig fair and square and Dipper is latching on a fantasy there

As someone equally short and beta with a twin, he wants to nail her. Alex is likely pining after Ariel. They probably masturbated or did mouth stuff for a few years as kids until she got a real boyfriend who could satisfy her and suddenly "practice" became incest.

Again my point isn't that Mabel is perfect and does no wrong. It's that both the twins make asshole selfish decisions that I totally see a 12 year old making. Both. Dipper too. They have their moments of maturity as well, in different areas, but they can just as easily be immature little kids that make bad judgements.

Easy
>saying it was Dipper's fault that Bill Broke loose
>conveniently misremembering that Blendin was proposing to Put the entire town in a time loop.
>Framing what Dipper did in roadside attraction carried any sort of requirement of commitment

You're really bad at covering your track mate.

You keep trying to excuse Dipper being self-centered while looking for reasons to condemn Mabel for being self-centered. Have some objectivity.

Dipper spends more of the show more concerned about himself and his interests and dragging anyone he can find to join him than doing things for other people. Which is fine because he's obsessive, but don't call him selfless because he's far from it.

>Time Traveler's Pig- there's a Dipper vs Mabel situation. Dipper wins, and then Mabel mopes for literally days so Dipper lets her win. The show calls this a happy ending

He bent time and space to screw over Mabel

>Just a little more summer
>The small mumbled like suddley takes precedence over the explained idea that Blendin told
Also, Dipper was scared that not making the deal would potentially have world ending proportions. Mabel was scared of having to move and display a modicum of maturity. Also, Dipper literally hasn't slept in days, so he still wasn't operating in a proper state of mind. The Bill Dipper deal had some weight behind it.

Also Dipper was asked for a puppet, Mabel was asked for a Warp-hole. Those two objects are light years apart in value.

It was Dipper's decision to make a deal with bill in Sock Opera yes. The apocalypse thing was Mabel but she didn't know it was Bill.

That wasn't me doing anything convenient. I simply didn't remember the quote, told you I would look up the real one if you wanted, got BTFO'd by another user, looked it up, and found out that I was indeed wrong about that, and admitted my mistake.

I didn't say he required anything. I just said he led Candy on even though he was feeling weird about doing so. He felt weird about the whole thing but his Stan encouraged him so he kept going. Flirting with a bunch of chicks is one thing, leading a girl on even though you don't like her in that way for an ego boost is a really selfish thing to do, is it not?

Dipper wants to uncover a conspiracy surround supernatural elements that have previously put him in danger. Mabel wants to have a fling fmwith some cute Boytoy. What the argument boils down to is that Dipper's interests are objectively more important than Mabel's, giving him a lot more leeway and reasoning behind his actions.