Do people still like the older iterations (pre-Pup Named) of Scooby-Doo? I always thought they were boring

Do people still like the older iterations (pre-Pup Named) of Scooby-Doo? I always thought they were boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4AAmVdw_EFU
youtube.com/watch?v=rzkDMHmENwA
youtube.com/watch?v=kD3qacC0Tdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked Where Are You and the New Scooby Doo Movies.

Once Fred and Daphne left it got a little stupid.

i do

although the laugh sound bite and the jokes are really annoying at times,

I feel like they need the laugh track

The Flintstones is better without it but Scooby-Doo needs it for its vibe

I like the comfy atmosphere and animation.

Did you ever watch Boomerang back when they actually ran old cartoons? Super-comfy

Scooby Doo Where Are You is high tier Scoob, especially because of the atmosphere. Remember that time that lonely mountain hermit wanted a friend and Scooby and Shaggy ran away from him?

What are the odds of this thread turning into a ghoul school thread?

I do. They're not anything special, but they're fun.

I'm always surprised that Where Are You isn't unanimously considered the best. I watched the reruns all the time as a kid so it's what I have the most familiarity with, but I still love the atmosphere of it. It's comfy, but it also manages to be oddly calm and spooky at the same time and the only show I can think of that even manages to come close to the same feel is Courage,

My favorite was when the gang went to the castle and that vampire guy tells to leave and velma just says "you stop that." Never fails to make me laugh.
I always loved the New Scooby Doo Movies. The cameos always made it fun. When I was younger I didn't know most of them, but I still really enjoyed it.

What are the odds of this turning into a Misadventures of Skooks thread?

youtu.be/4AAmVdw_EFU

I feel like the Scooby-Doo Show iteration was better. Where Are You! feels kinda slapped-together, like H-B didn't care about it and put all their resources towards Cattanooga Cats or something.

Original Scooby Doo is a classic, but it was frequently bullshit trying to guess the villain. A lot of the time it would be the twin of another character or someone who wasn't introduced at all.

What are the odds of this thread turning into a Scooby-Doo timeline theory thread?

>tfw you really like hanna barbera cartoons, but everyone just makes fun of the recycled animation
>tfw if they had kept at it and developed it like Mighty Atom tv animation would be way better

Scooby doo was pretty great, wonderful backgrounds and designs and atmosphere. It could've had some better writing, but at least it had a lot of inventive shenanigans.

Some days I wonder why internet animators dont just go the HB route of making a library of recycled animation and abusing the fuck out of them while making original backgrounds, using still shots a lot, and techniques to tell it as cheaply but as fun as possible with the designs.

I'd love a new stop the pidgeon or wacky races. And there were those cool action cartoons like space ghost, the herculoids, thundarr and the... the one with a genie. And can't forget about johnny quest. They used real pulp comic artists for that show and it ruled, the use of black shading was really dynamic and it had such a cool world. They still hire comic artists for cartoons today, but they seem to have made a clique of "cartoonist" comic artists instead of general purpose comic artists making animation. Imagine if some of the really good capeshit artists got to do a cartoon in that realistic style, or hell, some of the indie guys, mike mignolia, that sorta thing, screw on head was rad.

And anyone else miss the banana splits? what a fun way to showcase all of those animations into one block, wish they did something similar these days. Blocks for curated stuff seems pretty dead, though, unless you made a stream or youtube for that sorta stuff.

DESU I loved the Scooby Doo Show. It's always been my favorite and IMHO had some of the most memorable ghosts next to the original

Jonny Quest was excellent, it's too bad that for a while the first season was it (it did well enough in the ratings, but ABC and H-B crunched the numbers and decided it was too expensive to do more)

Also watching the bumpers during their old comedy shows is fun, I wish they'd do a whole show like that

youtube.com/watch?v=rzkDMHmENwA

youtube.com/watch?v=kD3qacC0Tdg

does anyone know where i can download the original scooby doo series?

Have Scooby-Doo threads really become this predictable?

The original Where Are You and A Pup Named are to this day some of my favorites

Can you recommend some HB cartoons?

best opening theme song to any cartoon, Adams Family and Duck Dodgers comes close but nothing can beat that sweet Scooby beat
made me go and listen to it again, was that your plan all along because if so it worked

The original series is fantastic. Same with a pup named Scooby Doo and the 13 ghosts of Scooby Doo.

Phantasma is best ghoul.

I binged through the whole series recently and fell in love with it all over again. The atmosphere is top notch along with the music being iconic. It was the first of its kind too wasn't it? So while it's fair to say that the writing could have been better or the characters, it also makes sense that they feel basic now due to the Seinfeld Is Unfunny effect.

The backrounds are so cool, I love how gloomy everything looks. Even their beach party looks dark and depressing. It's such a cool atmosphere.

I actually had a much harder time binging through The New Scooby Doo Movies. They were longer and the plots are usually super bonkers and make almost zero sense from what I remember. Stuff just kind of happens and damn any kind of logic. 'Specially the three stooges stuff. There were still episodes that I liked, Adams Family being one of them, but I found it harder to get into. I like the theme song though. I keep meaning to get back to my Scooby binge watching. I had just started the Scrappy stuff before other things got a hold of me.

I'm not that poster, but the Quick Draw McGraw show (Quick Draw/Snooper and Blabber/Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy) is fun. And so is Mr. Jinks and the Cattanooga Cats.

These backgrounds always get to me.

Oh boy, here we go.

2nd what this user said.

I like the ones that featured female Doo cousins.

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug, m8.