ITT: post trailers that were actually better than the movie

ITT: post trailers that were actually better than the movie.

youtu.be/uNJPSc_4RCI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY
youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s
youtube.com/watch?v=-Czz-TcWCkA
youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs
youtube.com/watch?v=1UXbUN95WsY
youtube.com/watch?v=IS-5G5X9BFE
youtu.be/7GKlo2xWvuI
youtube.com/watch?v=2CzoSeClcw0
youtube.com/watch?v=rD8lWtcgeyg
youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o
youtube.com/watch?v=z7cEL6n24d4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU
youtu.be/-Pd-uuDi28U
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-nyXX5zOLg
youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw
youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA
youtube.com/watch?v=UY7Tge7ftxM
youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM
youtube.com/watch?v=wzyFNVbWPxI
youtu.be/nWF0bBKhe6o
youtu.be/B6UT5Uur2v8
youtu.be/gtY_545-ST8
youtu.be/nO_DIwuGBnA
youtube.com/watch?v=7hghXP4F3Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=6LvdMGZBC6w
youtube.com/watch?v=GO4FCc15Ek8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love how hyped every manchild was about this movie and then SILENCE.

Man of Steel
Every single post-2001 comedy

hold my bear, i got this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

THINGED

Should have been a ten minute short in front of another movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s

youtube.com/watch?v=-Czz-TcWCkA

Every single thing Zack Snyder has done.

YOU JUST KNOW

Can't be bothered copy pasting

Prometheus

Someone else will do it for me ITT.

The final trailer in particular was amazing. What a fucking let down.

Looks as shit as it turned out to be.

I was hyped. The trailer was amazing. The effects and concept were amazing. The director and writer were amazing...

But then...

>news sites start reporting of massive problems

Okay. No problems. Complicated movie made in a weird way.

>Release dates get shuffled

>Tons of reports from test screenings (back before this became shut down)
>Audiences are HATING it
>Studio is freaking out and delaying and reshooting and demanding edits
>Next round of test screening reviews come in
>Audiences FUCKING HATE IT
>Even hipster and adults in test screenings are like "well, it's not really for kids...although it's...kinda weird and not good either..."

By the time it finally came out expectations were super low. And even they weren't met.

It's a fucking shame, because on a technical level it's amazing. But the plot/story simply isn't there and doesn't connect with the audience at all. Plus the lead actor cannot act. He's abysmal. Which is funny because there were rumors from the set in Australia that he was destroying the film with how bad he was, and the studios were like "that's just malicious gossip". But it turned out to be true.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>AAAAAAAAH!
>HAAAAAAAA!
youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs

This one for sure. Gave off an entirety different vibe than what the movie ended up being.

> race mixing
Disgusting.

The teasers for Man of Steel (with the Khazad Dum music and Pa/Jor-El voiceovers) made it look like some introspective Malick kind of movie
Goddamn what a disappointment that turned out to be

Cloud Atlas was quite decent movie though.

truetrue

The cannibalism really made me sick amd depressed for a long time after watching it. I guess that must mean it's a ""good"" film but I really didn't enjoy it because of this.

Meant to reply to

youtube.com/watch?v=1UXbUN95WsY

I hate when that happens.

>Snyder wants all American feel
>Just watched Tree Of Life
>Hey, imitate that!

Looks great when compiled as a trailer. Turns out the actual film is shit though.

What I wish would happen is Snyder is allowed to make his movie, cut a trailer, and THEN the studio takes that trailer to a talented writer and director and says "here's your template, make a good movie based on this trailer".

I also noticed Manhunt: The Unabomber show did a whole episode ripping off the aesthetic of Tree Of Life.

I also love when you see big directors cribbing - I imagine Ridley Scott walking out of Saving Private Ryan and just jotting down "do that".

Speaking of Malick copies, Terry's editor made a movie about Abraham Lincoln's early years that is basically the childhood parts of Tree of Life but in black and white and set in the 1800s.
youtube.com/watch?v=IS-5G5X9BFE

This was the most boring film I have ever seen. The trailer is all there is to it, the rest is a filler.
youtu.be/7GKlo2xWvuI

I actually really enjoyed the movie. The kid was a good actor.

The Man of Steel trailers depress me because of how kino they are

>Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: heroes. There is no such thing

youtube.com/watch?v=2CzoSeClcw0

Ah, good old underperforming phase two.

youtube.com/watch?v=rD8lWtcgeyg

that movie was a massive let down.

The Mummy was a pretty good movie right up until Russel Crowe was revealed. Like the second they tried to introduce their whole "Dark Universe" thing into the movie it became garbage. Up until then, it was a pretty good action/comedy.

The first third or so of the movie was alright but then devolved into a generic slasher monster flick.
youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o
Soundtrack was fantastic though.

>Up until then, it was a pretty good action/comedy.

That's cause they basically ripped off a better movie.

This movie was actually really great. If you had grown up in a shitty broken household it would ring true to you.

Basically it’s about a boy looking for a father figure because mom is a fuckin drunk whore.

It hit home for me. I cried at the end, desu. The cinematography was pretty kino too.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7cEL6n24d4

actually saw it in the cinema. 9 euros down the drain.

Iconic Steve Zahn

I understand your point but much of movie was a mess, nothing really happens and the kid is shit. The monster are amazing, James Gandolfini is perfect, but the lack of a real plot make difficult to enjoy.

I liked how it tried to focus on mummy's romance plot. Just like in original movie, where Karloff tries to seduce the girl, tells her she''s reincarnation of his lover.
This thing was really shallow in 1999 Brendan one. Instead of mummy seducing Eve, he simply kidnaps her and movie focuses mostly at Rick's team, turning it into Indiana Jones-like adventure.
The new movie got the "romance" thing well. Princess tries to seduce Cruise and sacrifice him to Seth.
Too bad they had to make it an Universe-driven thing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Doesn't matter how you feel about capeshit, this trailer was perfect.

>sacrifice him to Seth

Rogen?

Macfarlane

>Instead of mummy seducing Eve, he simply kidnaps her
Well, she was just not the same person just a vessel to her soul

Yea, in Karloff movie it's the same, but still he tries to convince her than force. The culminating point is, when he tells his story.
It's just a small detail but still makes the movie. If 1999 one had more of this, it wouldn't feel like Indiana Jones rip-off.

it was a crock of fucking shit that killed my childhood. I cried because of how bad it was.

I literally will never be as disappointed with a final product as I was with Battle: Los Fuckin’ Angeles.

youtu.be/-Pd-uuDi28U

This is why I love the movie. Brainlet normies blown the fuck out left and right. What were they thinking the movie is gonna be? Disney shit? Its a short as fuck book about a kid escaping his enviroment to an island full of monsters.

And they turned that surrealist little book into a surrealist little movie. From the moment it was announced I knew this was gonna happen. Because the only way a movie about WTWTA would work is when it does exactly what the movie did.
This. Most of my friends are absolute WTWTA maniacs and when we went to the screening almost the whole row cried at the end. Good moments.
Everyone has that one movie where it doesn't even matter that normies hated it, because you knew from the start how its gonna turn out, due to the people involved. This is the one for me.

Oh shit I forgot to post a trailer.
This one for me. One of my favorite books and its not bad perse, but its just underwhelming and the trailer makes the stage aesthetic seem like it works much better than it actually does.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-nyXX5zOLg

But it's a terrible movie. It's what you said - a short book pointlessly and torturously dragged out to feature length with absolute nothing to justify that. It also has a woefully bad performance from the kid.

>This. Most of my friends are absolute WTWTA maniacs and when we went to the screening almost the whole row cried at the end. Good moments.

Fucking hell that's the cringeist shit I've read all day.

Alexei Alexandrovich Karenin has a moment in the book where he starts to stutter. A moment thats very intense for me, because it really shows how hurt and devastated he is in the end.

When the movie was announced I knew that Jude Law would nail that scene, but it wasn't in at the end, which is just disappointing.

Well the post should've laid out that I don't care what you think about it.I knew exactly what to expect from the writing and direction, as well as the music from Karen O.
In the end it added up to a great experience in its own way. Exactly what the book was as well.
I feel sorry for you.

I wasn't expecting much but yeah, that movie was insultingly bad.

It's a mess but god damn does it swing for the fences

It actually delivered you fucking idiot

Sure thing mouth breather.

it did, and nothing's going to change that. Go back to Sup Forums

>Don't care what you think about it

Then why tell us your opinion on it?

>Exactly what the book was as well

A great experience? Or like the film? Because it's not.

>I feel sorry for you

You literally socialize with people who cried in public, as a group, to an unsuccessful adaptation of a goofy kids book.

How do you feel sorry for anyone but your parents?

What does Sup Forums have to do with anything? It's a terrible movie.

It isn't really an adaptation of the book though. It's not a kids film, it's a film about childhood.

>1:20
Oh my god

I loved this movie.

It isn't, it's a great movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw

The IHOP advertisement was the height of cinematic expression.

>this stupid reply
holy fuck, I'm going to have to start some snyder discussion again, it's been quiet for a couple of weeks.

Sure. It's bad as a film all on it's own.

>Snyder cucks have no defense for this

>he actually took the snyderkino memes seriously
user...

Superman trailers are always GOAT.
youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA

>memes
nope
>this
what exactly? Your meaningless one-liner?

youtube.com/watch?v=UY7Tge7ftxM
This movie is not ''underrated'', it's just mediocre. Take it from someone who was genuinely hyped and checked the facebook ARG regularly.

>based Coheed

Edgy - the post.

youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM

fuck, I was about to post this!
that song really improved the trailer, made it look bigger than what it really was

This one was amazing though. I can see why it failed at the box office, but most critics who are into indie movies and non AAA Hollywood stuff loved it.
But yeah, a movie like that is divisive. Loved it personally.

The original short film had a mysterious, calm vibe. It's clear the movie was more of an outline for events in the lore, rather than presenting an overall kickass dystopian movie.
Which, I think was their biggest mistake.

anyone posted Triple 9 yet? Looked like a solid crime thriller, but meh
youtube.com/watch?v=wzyFNVbWPxI

and Where the Wild Things Are is fantastic.

What's worse? Edgy or contrarian?

I see why user feels sorry for you and I also feel sorry for you.

beyond the black rainbow youtu.be/nWF0bBKhe6o
300 youtu.be/B6UT5Uur2v8
gummo youtu.be/gtY_545-ST8
kung fury youtu.be/nO_DIwuGBnA

But most people liked the movie.
You are the contrarian user. And why are you so obsessed with people liking it? It seems you reply to most people disagreeing with OP or stating they like it.

I completely forgot that this movie existed.

Honestly Kund Fury should have stayed as a trailer. Just as Machete.

It actually looks pretty good. I wanna check it out but the thread theme is holding me back

youtube.com/watch?v=7hghXP4F3Qs

The trailer already looks like trash

MoS is a shitty movie used to sell product placement

Did you clap too?

nope

Tell me how fucking Sears and 7-11 improved the movie brainlet

nice bait

obviously, assuming that you aren't stupid anough to consider that a valid criticism.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LvdMGZBC6w

I liked it visually, disappointed by the story though
I guess in that sence, the trailer delivered

Man, this is any easy movie to watch when it comes up on TV.
Not something I'd ever decide to put on, but if it's on, then I'm there.

Only real issue is the ball bouncing down a random set of steps to reveal the map to the ship.

I don't feel sorry for you.
>Most people liked the movie
It was a box office flopped, dismissed by critics, ignored by normies and disliked by the few who saw it. Meanwhile you wish to feel like a special snowflake because you pretend to enjoy a bad movie that no one else likes, while also claiming that you and an entire cadre of people openly cried in public while watching it.

>You are the contrarian

For not liking a widely disliked film?

Why are you so upset with people calling you out on your disingenuous claims of a "whole row" of people crying in a bad adapation of a children's book?

You didn't prove me wrong, dcuck.

I still think Iron Man 3 is great. That and the first Iron Man (and I suppose the first Captain America) are the only MCU movies that feel like actual movies.

Explain why he feels sorry for me.

This and Joy Ride.

apparently they had a version similar to this play at E3
youtube.com/watch?v=GO4FCc15Ek8

God no.

IM3 felt like every other MCU film post IM1. What movie did you watch?

>Gummo
That trailer is exactly like the film. I can understand if you didn't like Gummo but you can't say that the trailer duped you into seeing a film that wasn't represented in the trailer.