Is it just me or did Civil War 2 really did a poor job on justifying both causes...

Is it just me or did Civil War 2 really did a poor job on justifying both causes? I mean just now reading Carol's War did I finally truly get what the fuck was Tony dogging Carol on. They were just realistic approximations on what'll happen based on the present data Ulysses' mind absorbs. They weren't actual visions from the future

It was written by Bendis. Even the tie-ins other writers couldn't help but take jabs at the main event because it was so poorly written.

>3rd panel
Fucking hell that's good, I know it's a setting with superpowers functioning however convenient but the fact how high is your perception check when you can see something so completely unprecedented as a fact?
>Inb4 Earth has a cosmic cube, we know Thanos often wants one, etc
That much is obvious, it's the details that don't add up.

What the art side of things should have done is always make his visions foggy. As in literally fogged of detail.

>Is it just me or did Civil War 2 really did a poor job on justifying both causes?
The concept was a retarded version of minority report to begin with

If it had been "X event is coming, we can either risk the whole world doing Y or sacrifice a chunk of people to do Z which will definitely work" you'd have a real morally grey conflict and the proposition that maybe the visions aren't accurate could further muddy those waters until the end of the event, but the way they have it written it's just fucking stupid.

One side apparently thinks the visions should be acted upon in the dumbest, most violent, and gung-ho way imaginable, and the other thinks they should be fucking ignored for no raisin.

You're supposed to make it seem like both sides have a point, not that they're both idiots.

Carol side is wrong, because she 100% trusts visions coming from some nobody when it's clear they're effecting his state of mind.

Stark's side is mostly right, but Bendis writes him as a psychotic manchild so emotionally unbalanced that he has to kidnap a kid to get over the loss of a friend.

In other words, everyone acts like an idiot to justify a conflict that can be solved with an earnest civil discussion between friends.
Just like last Civil War.

>Carol side is wrong, because she 100% trusts visions coming from some nobody when it's clear they're effecting his state of mind.
She doesn't inherently trust them, she just refuses to not investigate them.
Anyone who would ignore them is a murderously negligent piece of fucking trash.

>She doesn't inherently trust them, she just refuses to not investigate them.
Fair, that's a better way to put it.

>I am one of, if not the, best Doctors in the world
>I am the greatest sorceror
>I am part of the illuminati
>I am best friends and research buddies with the greatest scientists in the world and possibly universe
>I have more education and qualifications than busses have complaints about being late from their passengers

>lol, what's digital?

There are many things I hate of this event, but character things are the things I hate the most.

I'm assuming something's happened to the Doc, right; not know what an algorithm is and all?

If Bendis had even passingly acknowleged either Ultimates's justification (Galactus showing Carol nearly all possible futures ending with humanity dead in the near future) or Captain Marvel's methods (a huge group of investigators, lawyers, & ethicists vetting each vision) from their respective tie-ins it would have gone a long way towards not making Carol look like an incompetent fascist.
But it was Bendis, so he didn't.

All the characters in Illuminating Comics have their characteristics exaggerated.

Stephen being a sorcery guy can't know sciency stuff I suppose.
Steve as a super soldier is also supposed to be quite perceptive, but he's played usually as a brash and uninterested soldier type.

You realise this is an edit right?

In Bendis defense, can't believe I just said that, this was a throwaway event to begin with to tie in with CA:CW interest/promote Carol and the Inhumans as super relevant, and that sort of fluffing out would have just dragged it on.

The general writing and narrative practices at Marvel make guessing edits harder and harder.
Cap swearing tipped me off though.

I prefer Leave-me-one-I'm-an-old-man Cap.

>Is it just me or did Civil War 2 really did a poor job

You had it there. The whole thing was garbage, even worse than Civil War 1.

That's really dumb.

>fascist
There is NOTHING fucking fascistical about checking for evidence confirming that a crime you were warned about is going to happen.

But that would require actual skill and effort.

If MightyGodKing taught us anything it's that when you're parodying something inherently stupid, you need to go even stupider. The hyperbole in time will wrap around and come right back to genius.
I mean, look, OP himself grasped the logic of CWII thanks to this.

Marvel has forgotten how to write a grey v grey conflict without making both sides fucking retarded.

>If it had been "X event is coming, we can either risk the whole world doing Y or sacrifice a chunk of people to do Z which will definitely work"
But that's basically the incursions the illuminati fought.