SAMURAI JACK RETURNS TO COMICS

AKU'S WILD RIDE NEVER ENDS

>Very recently, Nerdist’s science editor/host of Because Science Kyle Hill and I engaged in an hourlong discussion about the complicated and paradox-infused time travel mechanics of the animated series Samurai Jack. It’s true–we did that. There were diagrams, and pictorial evidence. This is the power of Genndy Tartakovsky’s show, which recently wrapped up its 10-episode revival/finale. We’re going to miss Samurai Jack on our TV screens, but that doesn’t mean we’ll have to miss Jack himself. IDW is bringing back (back to the past, that is) Jack in his most universe-hopping adventure yet.

nerdist.com/samurai-jack-returning-to-comics-in-quantum-fashion-exclusive/

This looks terrible.

Here's the Michael Avon Oeming variant

Writer: Fabian Rangel Jr.
Artist: Warwick Johnson Cadwell

by Alexis Ziritt

>The return, courtesy of writer Fabian Rangel Jr. (‘Namwolf) and artist Warwick Johnson Cadwell (Tank Girl), takes the form of a series titled “Quantum Jack.” The story will, as the name would indicate, toss Jack into a Quantum Leap-esque time-hopping situation, but with alternate realities instead of timelines. After getting zapped by an experimental Quantum Ray, Jack is sent hurtling into one alternate reality after another, his memories erased but his spirit intact. If you’ve ever wondered what Jack would be like as the leader of a ruthless biker gang of bounty hunters, you’ll finally have your answer.

>“I’m beyond thrilled to be working on new Samurai Jack comics,” Rangel Jr. said. “Samurai Jack is a huge influence on my storytelling… I think fans of the show will dig what Warwick and I have been cooking up!”

>Cover A
>variant
Genndy will provide another variant.

What's the point of continuing it? The original IDW series ended with Jack staying in the future. Is it picking up after where it left off? Also, holy fuck that style.

>What's the point of continuing it?
Possibly a standalone story.

Looks pretty bad.

Oh no! My favourite character became an ancestral capeshit.
aaaaaaaanoooooo

Just gonna leave this here.

this looks awful

Wait, is this going to be a follow-up to the comic or the show ?
Why continue it ? Both continuities already had their endings. Or is this a new thing entirely ?
>that awful artstyle
Please, no.
Jack can never rest, can he ?

I miss suriano already

what the fuck is that """"""""""art"""""""""""

Cadwell is a bit of an acquired taste, but I'd sooner a newer take than another artist sticking too close to the show's look.

This looks better

Looks like some shitty webcomic. But enjoy the absymal sales, IDW.

Who drew it a 9 year old?People paid someone to make this worse than fannart shit?

I can't believe people hired someone so fucking bad at drawing

Is this for April 1st 2018? Because shit looks DA tier.

>Warwick Johnson
Oh god no

There is literal 14 year old girls in DA that draw better than that.

O god

DON'T YOU FUCKERS KNOW NOT TO USE THE MONKEY PAW. Did you really need scotsman/shades fix that badly?

I mean, I don't mind the artstyle itself, but why in the fuck did they think that it's somehow fitting for SJ? What is this autism?

>The suffering continues

Nice.

>But enjoy the absymal sales, IDW.

Pretty much the companies expectations for everything

Because we need more Jack Damnit! We were so long without it we'd forgotten how much we needed it. Like a man needs water. Now we've had but a taste and we are ravenous for more.

>he's doing a comic with mignola
him and stewart can save it right

This is terrible. Yes. Yes. Quite terrible.

>we will never get back to the past

>That god awful art

Pls no

what the hell did they do to my comic?

the original comic ended in a good note and had some really good stylized art, that new art looks nothing like the art in pic related the last comic

i guess someone tried to copy it but totally failed at it

who is letting all of these tumblr tier artist get into the industry