Make Capes Great Again

Tell me about your hero concepts, Sup Forums. I promise I'm not an executive or creator looking for ideas because I'm creatively bankrupt.

My Iron Man ideas:

Well, first off, get rid of Bendis. Bring in Hickman to write the solo. Give the pencils to one of these guys: Marquez, Maleev, Camuncoli, Epting

>make it a blend between hard sci-fi, political intrigue & the corporate world
>show Stark being a global figurehead, as he has branches of Stark international all around the globe
>revitalize his villains
>have him work on his own Rapture/Columbia type of city and show what happens when people are placed in it and how society evolves
>have him come across alien tech and get into some light cosmic horror (think Alien/Prometheus, but not The Void)
>explore the leftovers from the Shield mini
>explore the theme of transhumanism
>devote time to his "board-room" scenes, like Mad Men did

Just a few plot-points that could really make this title fresh again. Also, as far as characters go:

>keep Doom as a quasi-ally/supporting cast member
>bring back Deist/Christian Secular Tony instead of the recent Flat Earth Atheist
>bring back Pepper and Happy but drop any romantic relationships
>resurrect the Widow/IM relationship
>have Ghost be a major antagonist
>have Rhodes come back and be in the US Cabinet, and be in conflict with Stark
>have Janet work as his PR spoke-person and work in Pymtron
>have the Mandarin get his 2005 personality
>explore the Makluans & The Stark
>bring in the Beyond Corporation for some Lynch-esque mental fuck-ups

Oh, and kill off RiRi. Tony is the only character who should be Iron Man.

ones a ridiculous, colorful, silly, bright, idealistic silver age-esque hero
the other is a military, no-nonsense, camo-draped, pragmatic, modern-ish hero
together, they fight crime

the first one represents fun and hopefulness, the other is efficiency and structure
the first is much better at inspiring others, calming down panicking crowds, making kids smile, and is often underestimated by his foes
the second is much better at direct confrontations, taking down foes much quicker and with no fuss
they eventually learn from each other, and learn to synthesis their different philosophies to be better than before, while still retaining their own flair

it also has a ton of lethal weapon references

Just a guy and his dog are bestowed with the powers of flying and super-strength from a chain-email. With their abilities, they go across the country, looking for the true meaning of the American way as they stop crimes. Meanwhile, the government seeks to track the protagonists as they stop in individual towns and solve problems.

Think of The Incredible Hulk tv series, but replace the Hulk with a man and his dog. It's formulaic in the best kind of way but can still have continuing arcs across the duration of an entire run.

A cape comic set during the height of the Miami Drug Trade era.

Antagonist is a transmuter with voodoo trappings, turning all manner of drugs into purer forms cheaply to flood the market; the potency of the drugs means many people are underestimating their power and overdosing. A small percentage of the drugs also contain a refined form of Zombie Powder, seemingly causing an overdose but later causing the victims to rise and seek out the Antagonist so they can become his slaves.

Protagonist is a non-powered former vice cop (now a beat cop after an undisclosed incident) who gets saddled with a new transfer, a wet behind the ears newbie with both a photographic memory and the power to project 3D images within a small area with her eyes (she can only project as long as her eyes are open and looking towards where she wants to place the image; as well, her eyes glow like a film projector while her power is active).

A Tengri-worshipping Jurchen warrior is by insane circumstance swept up in a time-travel plot of some hero and cast into the modern era where the poor sod is thoroughly out of his depth and now stuck. The book deals with him learning heroism as a trade because tribal warfare has apparently fallen out of fashion.

Please don't make Drumpf references here, go back to Sup Forums.

Side story where he visits his ancestral home and finds his descendants?

My Spider-man Idea:
>undo the deal:Peter and MJ are married again
>Mj gets pregnant
>Annie born
> have some years of Peter with the issue of being a super hero and a dad of a newborn baby
>let the baby grow naturally like it happened with Franklyn back then

this is it. Easy enought for me. Basicallly what happened in the 90's without the Clone Saga bullshit.

i would read the heck out of this

>Make Capes Great Again

Have a timeline/run with no resets and no revival shenanigans. Make things matter instead of having them be nullified by the next writer to mosey along.

>b-but see, if we make THIS character break the setting's rules, it will make it so much bett-

NO. RESETS.

NO. REVIVAL. SHENANIGANS.

IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE.

>the story sets place in a fictional town where Superheroes roam the earth, hero system is a mixture between One Punch Man and Hero Academia
>main character is a deranged psycho who hunts and kills heroes for personal vendetta
>at the end there is a long commentary about society, values, degragation of civilisation, etc.

One of my original capes is almost your silver-age hero verbatim, just with a bit more self-awareness.

Mine is a guy from a very Catholic Mexican family in Texas who has necromancy powers but desperately wants to be a superhero (despite having 'evil' abilities). He can also melt his own flesh off and become an indestructible skeleton.

Basically his thing is trying to do as much good as he can while trying not to scare the piss out of people. I haven't really though about any villains or much other worldbuilding for him yet.

I just want really want a more diverse set of villains again. The last ten years has been a real joke, at least on Marvel's end, of antagonists. It shouldn't always just be "the good guy but with a heel turn"

is no one gonna... ok

Gonna what? They're two characters that happen to match the profile

right, so: A dude gets super cancer where basically all of his cells are like 100% fucked up cancer cells but he can "sort of" control their mutations. basically shape shifting but slower and painful and less op. also he needs a lot of protein to grow new parts or he has to cannibalise himself. he also has almost self healing properties, like if he breaks his arm BAM that's a new joint, he gets a deep flesh wound and BAM now its a many toothed maw. as long as he has one cell alive he can regenerate. but he cant regrow his brain with all his old memories still in it or shit like that. I think its a cool take on a superhero that's pretty balanced

I don't actually read comics, has there ever been a Batman villain that's another vigilante that just kills the shit out of criminals?

>He can also melt his own flesh off and become an indestructible skeleton.

Kinda like Diablo? I can dig it

Cancer cells are just masses of cell tissue. What you're thinking of that could do that are Stem Cells, which are undifferentiated cells that become whatever the body needs them to become.

Why would he be a villain if he's killing criminals?

cancer cell are cells that have mutated, some become immortal and some grow uncontrollable. besides its fiction. it just werks, dammit.

Because having a fair trial is a constitutional right and there's a lot of potential for plots and shit from the consequences of having someone who kills every criminal they fight.
>People think that it's Batman and he's finally gone over the edge.
>Batman meets the orphaned children of one of the dead criminals to remind him why he doesn't kill.
>Badass fight scenes, basically Batman vs Batman.
>He can be based off an owl or some shit cause they eat bats.
>More shit that I'm too much of a brainlet to think of.

I think it'd be a good villain because he directly challenges Batman's own morality and is something that wouldn't work for other heroes.

They've played with giving Batman a Punisher/evil batman type for YEARS, but it rarely goes well because of a mixture of comic fans going full Punisher fanboy real quick, and just bad writing.

Something as simple as Batman meeting the orphaned kid of a criminal would be real effective in reminding people why he uses the system instead of just murdering everyone.

>Because having a fair trial is a constitutional right
Okay and all these guys are repeat offenders. Just kill them all and let god sort them out.

This is why we've got Joker with a kill count in the millions and prison is treated like naptime in a daycare. People suffer and have their lives destroyed so one man can pretend he's making a difference.

I'm no philosopher, but they're people who's life led them to be criminals. It's the ineffectiveness of the law, the government and the shittiness of Gotham that makes them become criminals more so than genuine malice. To outright kill ignore mankind's potential to change and grow. You don't know the reasons why someone commits a crime and you often don't know whether they actually did it or not. It's not one man pretending to make a difference, it's one man making a difference while everyone else either does nothing or makes it worse.

Also shitty writing that constantly wants to bring the same villains back over and over again instead of writing new ones.

Question: Why are there no hindu based heroes? Like based on Ganesha, Hanuman or even an avatar of Visnhu?

Would the hindus flip their shit at someone "making fun" of their religion or something? Just sems like a really cool mythology to make heroes around.

>To outright kill ignore mankind's potential to change and grow.
They're already doing that by killing dozens, hundreds and thousands more.

> It's the ineffectiveness of the law
So make it effective. Kill them already.

>but they're people who's life led them to be criminals
Exactly. They chose to walk down that path. Now comes the consequence of such a decision.

>You don't know the reasons why someone commits a crime
Don't need to. You did the crime, now do the time in a grace.

>you often don't know whether they actually did it or not.
Except we literally see them do these things.

Is that possible?

What is Red Hood for 500?

He was originally a villain and he still murders the shit out of criminals but I guess Batman's just okay with it now

>Would the hindus flip their shit at someone "making fun" of their religion or something?

Yes, they do whenever anyone comes even close to doing it. See Clone High and SMITE.

I'm not even literally arguing for what I'm saying I'm just trying to make the concept more solid.

Killing them doesn't bring anyone back, it just makes you a killer too. The ineffectiveness of the law comes from their ability to catch and hold criminals, not the harshness of their punishments. You'd choose that path too if it was all you ever knew. The writer doesn't need to show the person committing the crime, it'd be better for a criminal to walk free than for a free innocent man to be killed or imprisoned. This can juice up the theoretical Owlman story by avoiding traps from this post by having him kill people that Batman knows for a fact are innocent, but the public still cheers it on anyways.

A lot of this shit comes down to the comic run. I've always wanted to go through and try to do a really solid one with a hard canon that it sticks to like in So from the perspective that I'm thinking of this from, you wouldn't have people constantly getting out of jail and killing people again. Everything on a fresh reset, gets played out, and then something new shows up once that starts to get old.

I just wanna piggyback off of this with a comic/hero idea that I had
>world is set in generic silver age universe #5898493
>all of the A-list heroes have a justice league like pantheon that's going through some internal stability issues

>Main character is some random guy who wants to become a superhero
>makes a costume and everything, starts prowling the streets of the generic city where it's all contained in
>It starts out with him trying to just get the bad guys into jail, but soon he realizes that if he does that, they'll get out due to either supervillain shenanigans, corrupt people working from within, or a combination of both
>He begins going straight operator on some of these guys, but is filled with moral quandary over why it has to be like this / if it's really worth the trouble

Cont.d

>one day he reads in the newspaper about a recent stream of robberies going on in the rich part of town, jewelry stores and the like
>While camping out with a rifle nearby another Store in the area, a white van speeds in and out pops a bunch of armed men in baklavas, along with an A-list villain that everyone knows about
>before being able to register who it is, he shoots and hits him in the head, instantly killing him before he even got into the store
>These other guys see their boss get shot in the head and immediately run away
>Main guy leaves the scene, but not before going up to a pay phone and placing a 911 call for a man shot in front of a store on such-and-such street

>The main guy quits wearing the costume for a while and waits for the news of it to die down.
>This guys murder is huge news since he was a pretty much universally hated guy
>this leads to both arguments in the media over whether or not it was justified due to the right to a trial by jury, and fear within the pantheon of A-lister heroes over who it could have been since they think it could have only been one of them
>They all start questioning other villains and even some of the lower-level heroes, but since the guy had only been doing it for a few months and usually stuck to himself, nobody considered it could have been him or that his sudden absence wasn't a coincidence.
>meanwhile, a cop who was glad the villain was put down, still doesn't think that he should have gone without a trial, and takes up the case in order to find the killer.

I wanna go for a vibe similar to Fargo in a lot of respects, but with an art style in-between Chester Brown and Jason Shiga and writing similar to that of Flex Mentallo
Thoughts?

As of right now there is a crossover between Batman vs The Shadow happening where they are opposing each other (mostly Batman opposing The Shadow while trying to solve a murder mystery).
That's close to what you are describing, although The Shadow is not a Batman villain (Batman actually ripped him off) and he is a hero (albeit one who acts a lot more like a villain).

Tracer can go fuck herself.

You better not kill the dog.

I was sort of running the same idea. A group of 4 people with super powers that fuck up their lives. They leech of the state until it turns on them and they have to flee to The Canadian Isles. They're constantly having to steal drugs and food to stay healthy and are constantly hunted by their own kind and mercs hired by the NAC government.

Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.
Champion of the sun.
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Superman idea:
Superman goes missing. Considering he's a cosmic nuclear deterrent, the rest of the justice league decide they need someone to take his place. They pick someone who looks similar, with a similar powerset (flight, super strength), but isn't nearly as powerful.

The new superman has to figure out how to fill these big shoes, convincing the world and the cosmos that he really is superman. Using a new character as superman who is inexperienced allows us to explore the themes of what it means to be a hero, what it means to be superman.

Eventually superman will come back though because you can't fuck with the status quo, but not-superman will develop an identity of his own and carry on his own hero work.

Inertia

Teen girl with gravity powers she can use to influence a 3 by 3 metre sphere around herself. She can fall in any direction and accelletate heavy objects by applying several earth gravities. She starts out as a clumsy goof with decent situational awareness and ends up as one of the most irritatingly untouchable warriors of the modern era.

A police task force has to keep superpowered dipshits from ruining actual crime investigations with their propensity for vigilantism. Said superpowered dipshits include a flying brick who accidentally a helicopter, a Batman expy who keeps ruining potential evidence that prosecutors could use, and someone who is mostly a genuinely nice guy except his superhero costume looks like a Klansman.

Powers meets The Boys, but played for laughs

An old man and his cowardly dog obtain powers by smoking cigars made from magic herbs.

The old man gets peak human ability and the dog gets average human intelligence along with the ability to speak.

bump

A platoon of navy seals are injected with the Spiderman gene, turning them into armed government-funded Spidermen.

They hunt down the actual Spiderman and take him into custody, but upon realizing he's just some stupid kid and not a menace (thanks Jameson) they let him go back to making citizen's arrests. The unit is dispersed and the seals are made ambassadors and keep it low-key, only revealing their power in absolute emergencies.

Basically his powers is to have 80s kung fu cliches.

If you don't understand what I mean, he's basically the reincarnation of an old kung fu master, but his true self can only take form when he is beaten within an inch of his life. Ensuring he always comes back from ridiculous fights while synth pop plays in the background.

>I promise I'm not an executive or creator looking for ideas because I'm creatively bankrupt.
Ha

So he's the typical shounen battle manga MC

Wouldn't that just turn them into ManSpiders?

Its great.

Not unless her Chronal Accelerator is acting up

Just leave the big two, there is much better capeshit outside of there

an idea i had

setting is a sort of crapshot modern world

main protag has the power to temporarily resurrect any remains he touches

works with the police to help solve murders,

day job is restructuring people who died suddenly to allow loved ones to say their goodbyes

emotional stain from his job motivates him to go out and try to fix some of the problems plahing the world

trains various extinct animals he can resurrect to fight crime with him

i like that in this one batman is actually trained by The Shadow himself