IIT: Realistic Renderings of Cartoon Characters

I love a good Sup Forums art thread.

Nobody? Awwwww...

wish i could contribute. i love this kind of shit

This is really well done and all, but I honestly think Aku's "skin" should be featureless and devoid of lighting.

Bump, I love this kind of stuff

>lilo has the child chubbies
I appriciate that

>Trap Wojak
T-this shouldn't make me as hard as it does.

Always hard for me to enjoy realistic renditions of Aku, this one is the only one I've somewhat enjoyed.

How realistic?

Muh dick

I was thinking generally of more detailed and representational versions of toony characters. But hey, whatever anyone thinks is fun!

This is literally perfect.

good ones
cosplay cancer whores
stan the edgelord

LOL cute

coooooool, I didnt expect this character

He said realistic, not anime.

At least for me His face in most of the realistic art is always too mask like. Makes it look like he can't emote

nah

I mean the proportions and outfits are just right, and no lewdness.

All Hail the Great Sithrak

oh Dave Rapoza, why are you such a fucking god

I've always pictured Aku's flesh as a sort of liquid charcoal. Hard and brittle to the touch until he changes shape.

The star is just supposed to be a cut in her clothes

Took me a minute.

I always imagined being living tar because tar is kind of scary

Is this some kind of fat acceptance shit?!

Honestlly i would rather if they had no fingers, even if going for a realistic style. Only a pet peeve.

Perennial favorite.

Yeah, Aku is a great design, but it's one of those character designs that looks reeeeally funky when you try to apply actual weight and texture to it.

Good stuff

It's good but I don't like Skeletor and He-Man looks like Alucard from Castlevania

I always kind of wanted Zuko to end up actually possessed by the Blue Spirit, becoming an avatar of vengeance to contrast Aang. it just seemed cool to me.

Maybe the trick here is for his face to have a clay-like texture, so that it appears mask-like but can still morph, a la Mark Twain's the Mysterious Stranger

What the fuck? Why does Vanellope look like a normal woman with a child's lower body?

The funny issue with trying to do Aku 'realistically' is kind of that he honestly is 'realistic' in a way for what he is.

He's an amorphous black mass both with and without substance.

Though the idea that his 'face' would have some substance feels alright, even if it limits the apparent ability to emote since I sort of see Aku's face as just a 'politeness' on his part.

This is terrible.

It looks someone's trying to render Futurama in the Shadowrun setting.

Nah. Mojo's legs are too long for a chimpanzee.

>It looks someone's trying to render Futurama in the Shadowrun setting.
I think that's exactly what it is.

>This is terrible.
>It looks someone's trying to render Futurama in the Shadowrun setting.

I'm not a fan of it either and I'm the one who posted it. I know the edge has been turned up to 11 but I still can appreciate the effort

As much as I like the art here of Aku, there is one simple inconsistency with it.
Yes he is a demon, they capture that well.
But he's also a tree. The "horns" he has are a part of that, and his shoulders are sharp and creak as he moves his arms.
The only real demon part of Aku is the face, the rest is either tree or amorphous blob of evil.
Feels like a lot of these realistic portrayals of Aku capture his demon aspect but forget about the tree part.

Autism Alert: Before season 3 finished,
I had an idea for an ATLA fighting game a bit in the style of Melty Blood. The idea with Zuko/Blue Spirit's story mode is that both began with a battle against one another (all but said the fight's all in zuko's mind) with chosen character's victory then carrying on to the rest of their story. Zuko would seek to deal with the unrest in his soul, Blue Spirit would seek to assert his place of control by killing all the people Zuko has ties to. The storymode concluding with a repeat match against one another.

Mr Tawny, has anyone ever told you you have no taste in art whatsoever?

Hm, that is a good point. I do love giving his face elements of Japanese Han'nya masks and similar demon masks, but I suppose a good 'realistic' Aku wouldn also have 'tree branches' jutting out from his form, giving this surreal sort of contrast between being a living shadow with being something physical.

Well that would explain it then.

Amy does look amazing, but it's weird to see Fry all Cyber-ed up, and I often see people just try to render Leele's single, large, centered eye as just 'missing an eye'.

I suppose in way, that is a more 'realistic' mutation for her though.

I like this one. Not as goofy as he should be, but most of that's in him being a cartoon character. Aku if he existed in real life would probably be terrifying as fuck

you draw it then you fucking faggot.

Because they've sexualized it, they don't want to go full-on child.

I'd read the shit out of an AT comic with that art style

a stunning example of 'so bad it's good'

Looks like a Gnome from World of Warcraft

Hawaiians and islanders are actually pretty naturally thicc. I used to jerk to old books with naked natives. Although the obesity rates in Hawaiians are rising because of processed foods that they never had time to adjust to.

Do you have the one that's actually from the show. The one with the orca prank that was really funny?

The lighting in this one is great

Bump

I think I have a handful of these.

OP said realistic, not middle-aged.

I will never be able to reconcile how goofy Finn's hat looks realistically.

noice

While I'm griping about this shit it also bugs me how he gets misinterpreted as skinny when he should be fairly muscular and a little chubby.

Delet this

It's a gag from the show dingus.