Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

It's habbiding

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BiJG-MZFtao
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Lucy is a know it all despite being out of the picture for months

And Daisy couldn't tell Paulo this why?

It's like watching a turn spin down a toilet bowl.

A Bittershit Toilet Bowl.

Are we supposed to like any of these characters?

She does feel guilty about how she treated Mike. Huh. I thought so, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

That little admission is probably the entire point of the chapter, in fact.

who even knows anymore

Was making the audience lose more sympathy for Paulo also part of the point?

In order to make Lucy likeable a sacrifice had to be made.

>Mentions Abbey
>Entire date goes South

I expected the author to stop making every single character overdramatic over the years but I think they're getting even MORE overdramatic than they used to be.

Daisy only asked Paulo to lay off the bantz after Abbey had physically attacked Paulo (though she didn't know that). He refused to apologize to Abbey primarily because of that, not because he was just being stubborn. The line of thought doesn't follow through.

Lucy DOES know that Abbey attacked him, although Paulo minimized it, so I don't even know what's going on. The differences in knowledge of multiple characters and the audience and the consequences of those limits on their words and actions are too hard to disentangle.

Why should Lucy expect Paulo to know that it was her behavior that caused Mike to sour on her so much? He actually should know because of Mike's confession at the drunk party but Lucy doesn't know that happened. The recap of that event in this chapter only included Daisy's behavior.

How abbey get away with literally beating everyone to do what he whant? In real life soon groups or older kids would put the little "punisher" in his place.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT
This is from leaked script pages somewhere on tumblr, will link it later

>Paulo loses his shit and runs to Abbey's house
>Starts beating the shit out of Abbey
>Mike is there and breaks the fight up
>Abbey hatefucks Mike and Paulo

MikexPauloxAbbey confirmed

Can we just shit on Bag boy for the rest of this thread? Pic is actual photo of Oliver

Oh, so this week's ships ahoy makes sense

Reminder to ignore and report shitposters

Link or didn't happen, user

>Don't engage in banter with someone who clearly isn't into it

Abbeyfag WAS right!

There is nothing gay about fucking your best friend.

NOTHING

that little comic is far better than the avarege main story joke

Hi suitcase

trust him it happened, also it had a lot of JoJo bizarre adventure references

That just means Abbeyfag and his favorite are equally autistic.

>Tfw the Ships Ahoy is a billion times better than whatever the fuck this page is

And it's even a funny gay joke.

Should I dare to be optimistic "the next comic" will be funny and charming light comedy?

The sooner this furry beast is put in the ground, the better.

So Lucy confirms Mike Was Right.
Feels good to be on the right side of history

You think this is a motherfucking game?

Yeah I keep telling that to my buddy but he keeps doing that.
youtube.com/watch?v=BiJG-MZFtao

last thread got deleted because it derailed into (not undeserved) rambling about suit and taeshi.
Just let the thread die if there's nothing to discuss, there are other places to ramble endlessly about the author

>The recap of that event in this chapter only included Daisy's behavior
heres the part where Paulo tells Lucy about Mike's confession.

>tfw mike will never be your bottom

"Ha ha look at this consistent characterization you guys Paulo has always been such a baby and never went through anything that seemed to have changed that ha ha"

This makes me more upset than it should.

>lucy showing an amazing amount of self-awareness
dud what the fuck.

Please leave Suitcase.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm the first one to shit on package pal, but let's keep it on trash, or the concord.
Also
>Salvia
Go back to diochan

>but let's keep it on trash, or the concord.
For what purpose?

Hate-reading threads are usually as much about the authors as the comic itself. Do the Dumbing of Age threads refrain from talking about Willis?

Pretty sure last thread was killed for too much shitting on luggage lad instead of the comic.

>A BCB character learned from their past mistakes and genuinely feels bad about the pain they have caused over the years.
It's genuinely disturbing how accurate that large abbey image is.

Madison would've been the preferred appeasement for the deities

Does "shitposters" include "people who criticize the comic?"

And nothing of value was lost because it had already run its course in a few hours before moving on to meandering and spam like it always does.

Fucking go away, bag boy

instead of channeling the world's supply of autismo and kirking out at user for being critical of the comic, why don't you focus your energy instead on helping your wife's comic go from shitty to less shitty?

Not only that, but Sup Forums hackers have uncovered early development work that indicates a time skip will take place soon. This will give the comic room to ditch some of the tangled drama off-screen and re-focus on the characters themselves.

There also seems to be an experimental approach to paneling in the works which should please people unhappy with the current laziness.

This page has something substantial to discuss about, in contrast with the rest of the chapter.
As much as I hate to do it, I agree with . Lucy revealed that she realized she more horrible to Mike than she previously (to December) ever admitted (even though her confrontation with Mike in the previous chapter also revealed that she also holds a grudge towards him for how he responded to her)

Would they all have been better off if Abbey didn't exist?

Could we have had Molly without Abbey?

Literally yes.

Without Abbey Daisy would haven't been "rescued" from Augustus' "rape" and so might have learned something from trying and failing to snag Mike instead of immediately regressing back to an overgrown eight year-old.

Lucy would still exist.

If you mean "would the comic be better if Abbey hadn't been introduced," I don't know. I haven't read much of the sketchy pages; they're too incoherent and 2000s "LOL SO RANDOM WAFFLE" for me. Did the webcomic start getting more melodramatic when Abbey came in?

It would be better if Abbey and Paulo became friends early on

If we imagine that Charlotte and Abraham simply remain childless for the four years before Molly would be born, maybe she actually would have escaped the bad marriage since she wouldn't had had motherhood to distract her from her problems.

Charlotte would live but Molly might never have been born.

A scary thought!

meant to

Not immediately but he's been the center of half of the drama. The other half is on Lucy but at least she seems to finally have some kind of self reflection. This page makes it look like they're going to make Paulo Lucy 2.0 because of his supposed bullying of Abbey.

Has Taeshi always been this much of an idiot? So she writes Paulo to act out of character and then she laughs at her own writing? Taeshi is an idiot, that is such a perfect definition of this person right now, I can't find a better phrase to describe her right now.

Back to the comic, I was actually getting upset at the fight, but that last panel really saved the whole thing. And oh surprise, actual character development (that hopefully won't be forgotten during the next chapter). Lucy aknowledging that she was always a bitch to Mike is something weird to see, kinda sad, but happy since at least it looks like she is finally maturing and has her feet firm on the ground. Slowly but surely.

But with this idiot writing, I don't have my hopes up.

yeah

Because the last page was so bad it wasn't even worth discussing.

>she laughs at her own writing?
No, she's looking for an excuse tell the readers out that he was meant to come out as childish, instead of taking the normal route of SHOWING him acting in a childish way, or at least have someone internal to the comic point out that he's being childish.

Thought exercise: last thread someone mentioned that Mike and Abbey were basically the same character. If Mike and Abbey merged characters so that Mike had a dead mom and asshole dad, and Haley was basically Molly, would that make the comic better?

>they're going to make Paulo Lucy 2.0

i thought paulo was already Mike 2.0

Give it time. They'll give Lucy this bout of character development to show that she regrets her actions
Then get reverted back to the status quo.

At least Lucy knows how to change.

Mike showed regret dozens of times already

It'll be the ultimate drama magnet. Both Mike 2.0 and Lucy 2.0
A weapon to surpass the furry gear

It's hard to say because the characters and story would be in a completely different place. Would Daisy be single? Would "Mike" have choked Paulo? The relationships between characters relied on Abbey filling that space.
It seems most seem to hate where the comic is now though so perhaps everything being different would be better.

So when is he gonna realise he's been giving Sandy too much attention for too long in comparison to what he's giving the people around him?

Because that's the crux of his biggest flaw.

>paulo bullied abbey
An idea pulled out of nowhere for the flashbacks in during Daisy and Paulo's phone conversation, and that more showed that Abbey is a lunatic and that the heretofore cutesy love affair with him and Daisy was actually dysfunctional and tense all along but the audience never got to see it.

>Would Daisy be single?
She would have gone to Acapulco with the guys instead of staying behind with Abbey to support him with therapy. Maybe Paulo would have boned her early on instead of fooling around with Tess

It's his gf
And they are shitty friends

desu I'd do the same

They're not going to fuck, are they?

Molly above all things.

Hell, someone in these threads could probably write a better AU working off that framework. It starts off as a standard cute slice-of-life story until you realize that both of the main leads are severely damaged people.

>why did you keep Banting Abby when you knew he hated it?

Finally someone says it. But of all people why Lucy? Seeing how she was gone for most of this shit she's got a pretty poor foothold on calling him out on it.

So this is what it'd be like if Abbey had actually grown and not acted like a little bitch

Look at how much better off the two of them are

What a shame

And yet he's still a big baby when he can't have his way.

Les Chat Terribles, Suitcase called it.

How would you fix this comic, /bcbg/?

Holy moly the size of her head versus body in the second panel.

Also titty increase in the last panel, does sympathy increase breast tissue in comic? Because that explains why Madison is less bumpy than a ironing board.

Same be said about Paulo, Lucy and Alejandro.

>Madison is less bumpy than a ironing board.

alright, i understand why people would block out the memories of every instance of her not being a cunt, but what did madison's tits ever do to you?

they better

>Mike dumps Sandy, calmly stay away from everyone except Daisy (but tells her, politely, to stop deceiving Abbey) and just chills alone, thinking about his life.
>Mike gets to actually know Augustus and they become friends
>Paulo realizes he doesn't love Lucy and they become good friends
>Daisy breaks up with Abbey and tries to see Mike more as a friend. Not sure if she manages to do that
>Abbey dies
>Lucy realizes she is a shitty person but is afraid of becoming close to Mike again.
>something happens that make Mike and Lucy spend some time together
>they have a long talk

>alright, i understand why people would block out the memories of every instance of her not being a cunt.

What instances?

Hard mode, no shecklewall or quasi canon shippershit content.

Polly.

>Mike realizes that he was trying to make Sandy happy all that time ago
>Realizes he doesn't hate Lucy's roughhousing
>They start a relationship together

Perfect ending

ask and you shall receive

Everyone proceeds to blame Abbey for the majority of the problems when most of it isn't. Everyone has contribted to this big mess in some way and some more than others. Abbey may be need to fix his temperand stop being a whiteknight, but don't sweep and ignore the other characters flaws that are constantly shown.

shoo shoo abbeyfag

Like how most retardeds blamed Sandy...

>How would you fix this comic, /bcbg/?
>/bcbg/
>/general/
No, just no.

Also over 3 years worth of crap that needs to be sorted out and fixed
but probably declaring the chibishit art, weeb bait writing and the two gaysex projectors a bigger embarrassment than the ol' forum

>shoo shoo abbeyfag
>assumes they're an abbeyfag like a moron despite realizing everyone is to blame

This calling others fags of any character has run stale

Are you implying they deserve ANY of his time?

>Like how most retardeds blamed Sandy...
>retardeds

why are you still here, abbeyfag

I like this because it isn't "wow aren't gays so interesting" and actually has an effectively structured joke.

Fuck off Hitler :) I'm Jewish and proud of it my Nien gger

Sounds like something a fag would say.

I'm a David/Sue fag

so only 50% insuferabble. Could be worse

>mfw Adolf is censored in the share a coke customizer