What was your first comic book?

What was your first/co/mrades? Which one took your virginity and turned you into a cynical nerd for years to come? Purchased, given to you or stolen online. What got you started?
Image is mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/d/da/Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_75_Wraparound.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131203190244
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Right here.

first comic given to me was Peanuts strips in the newspaper
first comic I purchased with my allowance was that Spectacular Spider-Man issue featuring the X-Men
first comic I stole online and which got me back into reading after a long absence through my adolescence was Planet Hulk

Love Planet Hulk, minus all the Sentry stuff.

No shame right here.

First comic i ever got was Kingdom Come

tales calculated to drive you mad. some how lost it a while back.

been looking for it ever since.

That's an interesting jumping on point.
Bought year of release or hand me down?

I'm glad they're re-releasing all of the Nightwing and Tim Drake stuff.

It hooked me right away, I read every issue from here until I think right around the end of the Brood Saga. By that point I was already reading like 10-20 books a month so it was definitely an effective gateway drug.

I'm not exactly proud of it, but I'm thankful.

My first comic was a Beano in 2002. I can't remember what issue it was but I was hooked for a long ass time on Beano and Dandy before branching onto other comics.

So long ago. I don't even remember what the fuck was in it.

To clarify, I was like, 7.

Hand-me-down from a cousin, along with a couple others but this is the one that really grabbed me and made me read it first. Needless to say I was quite excited when DnA rebooted it.

It was an AvP comic, forgot specially which one

Sometime during 1st grade we were given this for whatever reason. Pretty standard Spidey vs Ock story, but it got me inserted into comics. Granted I'm not much of an avid comic reader but I read some stuff here and there.

My first comic was either some Archie TMNT, or Groo that my dad bought me.

The one that started my collecting was pic related. This is what got me into my lcs monthly looking for the next one. Within a year i was collecting Venom and Iron Man as well, and have been a Wednesday Warrior ever since. 25 years later, and I'm at just shy of 6000 singles.

Robin 3000

Holy shit I remember that. My friend had the Doctor Octopus one, & I had the Doctor Doom & Sandman issues. They really left a mark on me growing up. Not my first comic, but one of them. Pic related was my first. I must've been in 3rd or 4th grade. It came with my marvel legends wolverine figure that had 2 left hands.

I earned this from the library lady in 2002 whan i was 7. they were giving out alot of comics that day.
the gimmicky cover really made me like it

Do trades count?

I might have had one or two before but I don't remember them as well. My dad took my sister and I on a trip to the city and a street side vendor was selling comics. I only knew the X-Men from playing the arcade game a couple times and I hadn't been watching the cartoon yet but I thought it looked sweet. It's not great but it opened the floodgates. I remember the guy got my dad to buy like a Dinosaurs for Hire comic for my sister. We get home, check it out and see a dinosaur rip a guy's head off. My sister probably dumped it.

My sister bought newspaper to get that for me when it was a free giveaway. I love her for it but it really put me off of Millar. I just knew him from reading Superman Adventures and Adventures in the DCU before that and I liked him for those but I guess I just started learning what a tryhard is.

First comicbook I ever owned was some random issue of Superboy that I saw at a newstand at and airport and went "hey I got a couple bucks"
First comic that REALLY got me into comics was either GL Rebirth or Jokers Asylum.

>I AM SHIVA. I AM THE DESTROYER
did they ever use shiva again after it got sent after sabertooth?

had no idea what was going on or what comic events were, but my mom talked to a comic store guy and got me all the previous ones, and from then on i was in love with anything x-men related, and i htink like a year later the cartoon came out. it was a good time for a young me

Edgy as hell, also had some issues of Crimson Empire that I liked looking through all the time.

Didn't know who MM was and this just freaked me out as a six year old kid

First comic I bought with my own money. I was like 6 years old. Thought it looked really cool. I was hooked ever since. Really good issue too since it gives an overview of the GL mythos. It's no wonder the franchise has stuck with me so long.

I can't remember the first comic I ever read, but I remember the one I started collecting. This comic got me going into my LCS everyweekend with $5 to spend. In the 90s, you could get about 2-3 books for that kinda money.

SOV was a cool book, especially since I didn't really know anything about GR, I had only read the origin issue at a friends house. But man it was so cool to be dropped into a middle of an event, and just hold on while a guy with a shot gun that shot hellfire tried to save his family from demons.

Also,it did glamorize smoking, and it was no surprised I smoked for a while as an adult.

First adult oriented comic was "Emerald Dawn"

I remember Midnight Sons. Marvel needs to do more events based around their supernatural characters.

Picked up and read in the middle of a supermarket line. This was the first one I remember reading, with the first one I ever bought was Marvel Adventures' Spider-Man Vol. 6. Really should download both series sometime.

New Warriors

They were handing out free copies at the zoo of an antidrug issue, I must've been like 8 or 9. I don't think I read a comic ( besides newspapers or manga) again until Highschool

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/d/da/Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_75_Wraparound.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131203190244