Transformers - Everything Sucks Now Edition

Can you believe what happened in the last Lost Light issue? Yeah, me neither because nobody read it.
I sure do miss the days when we would get together and either bitch or praise Roberts with his space drama filled with giant robots. Now we don't even talk shit about it, cause we all dropped it like a hot pancake. How come? I used to remember artists on Tumblr would pour out amazing art just after a few hours of it coming out and everyone would go nuts with theories for the next issue. Now I'm lucky enough to see someone post a scanned panel with some meme shit on it.

And since the Bay movie hits theaters Wednesday (who's NOT going to see it because of principle, gosh darnnit), is there any news on a new show lucking over at Hasbro?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/07/rescue-bots-academy-another-new-transformers-show-coming-soon-341056
news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/16/transformers-go-karts-featuring-optimus-prime-bumblebee-341944
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meh. I lost interest when they killed off Skids. They built up this good drama bomb with Skids being responsible for Quark's death and then Chromedome being the only one who knows about. And since CD owed Brainstorm for saving Rewind for him, I thought they he would spill the beans and then there would be a lot of turmoil within the crew. So much so, that BS and CD kinda start to agree with Getaway liking the idea of getting rid of Megatron. But Skids died never telling BS the truth and I don't know if CD ever told BS the truth but I be they forgot about that plot thread.

We talked about it at length on release. Sup Forums is a fast moving board bro. The thread was gone the next morning.

I still like it...

Also yeah I'm gonna see the movie, and that DHX Studio was recently commissioned for two new TF cartoons.

Er, wait. Boulder Media. Yeah.

I hope the voice work is being done in Vancouver.

One of them is a sequel to Rescue Bots, so I imagine they'll keep whoever did the first show.

>is there any news on a new show lucking over at Hasbro?

Other than it's done by the studio that did Gumball/Danger Mouse nothing.

Meanwhile, they're also making a new Littlest Pet Shop and, for some reasons, a Micronauts cartoon.

news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/07/rescue-bots-academy-another-new-transformers-show-coming-soon-341056

Because despite being super profitable, Transformers is a dying franchise. Nobody sane unironically likes the Bayfmovies they are the popcultural cancer that's only enjoyed by red neck sisterfuckers, all the good will Animated gathered with retro fans for it's zany plots and references got pissed aways by Prime trying to be SERIOUS Bay-lite and all the good will and fans that TFP brought into the fandom fucked off when RID2015 came and was as mediocre and uninteresting as the first RID.

The comic were the backbone for a while but then Roberts jumped the shark thinking that he's too big to fail, has since become a BORING so that nobody really cares about LL anymore and the rest of IDW is having a shitty crossover universe event every month bullshit that's killing Marvel so all of the comicfags that the franchise accumulated since 2011 jumped ship too.

So the franchise now has a shitty movie series where everything will think you're a retard if you like it, a borin cookie cutter monster of the week cartoon and a series of confusing shitty comics. There's nothing in it anymore for anyone other than literal 5 year olds and 50 yo manchildren jerking off to 300$ toys that look exactly like a bad animation cell from 30 years ago.

>I lost interest when they killed off Skids
Same

You know what the funny thing is?

Up until those issues (for me anyway) they were actually starting to rebuild my hype.

>Getaway betrayed a group of the fan favs for being Megatron's inner circle
>They had just introduced Deathsaurus and the Breastforce
>The DJD had finally tracked down Megatron
>Ratchet came back

And then Megatron slaughtered the DJD (something I had been waiting for for a looong time) and it was like blowing a load.

That was the climax. It's all down hill from here.

It would be nice to believe that the recent issues have just been a cooldown arc and they can start building interest again, but I honestly don't see it happening.

Nope. The VAs already confirmed they weren't asked to come back.

>they weren't asked to come back

What the fuck, why not? Not even Blades and Chase, the favorites?

Nope.

I mean they could be lying as part of the NDA but who knows.

DC Douglas on his website suggested it's being done in another city.

Because Hasbro doesn't give a shit. They don't care about quality or fans or consistency they just want you to give them infinite amounts of money with putting in minimal effort and with open contempt towards the fandom.

If this guy ends up getting mass-production release of these, will definitely get one. Even if it is unpainted resin kit so effort is needed.

The problems with the LL issues is that 90% of the cast is new OCs and have all the crew is kinda background characters. At least that's how I feel.

Plus all the subtleties in the art is gone. I think half the fun the people on tumblr was going through all the issue panel by panel and seeing if someone had a certain hand gesture or a look on their face. Now everything seems like it's drawn just cause the medium is a comic and there needs to be a drawing.

My hype is gone. I put up with Tailgates OC donut steal powers and being cockteased over Cygate but after Ravage died I stopped caring.

>My hype is gone

Thaaaat's what I couldn't put into words. Yes, that's it. I remember how excited I got at the end of each issue because it left on cliff hangers about characters I actually cared about or plots that seemed super interesting. I guess I lost the steam of eagerness about the time when Getaway dumped Roddy and his crew off. The tension of Getaway vs Cyclonus died once Cyclonus was going to be A-okey after saving Tailgate (and I agree with that it also kinda flatlined for me around the time Tailgate now got super powers. Interesting idea but now it's like, meh ok, you can't kill off the uber fan favorite anymore), I was stilling hoping Megs was holding out for SOMETHING with the DJD finding him AND Ravage trying so hard to bring him back to his normal self.

I think it hit the climax after Brainstorm couldn't pull off his Kill Megatron idea (which was SUCH a good idea and great plot twist), and then the comic just kinda tried to pick up the pieces of that. I was super bummed when Quark was 100% dead. More so because I don't like to see characters struggle for 30 issues (or ten million years in Brainstorm's case) and not get a reward for his ordeal. Failed to stop the war and saving billions and billions of lives? Ok, but at least he got Quark back somehow. Oh? Skids fucked up big time and now that'll never happen. Oh. Ok. I guess that's cool drama. Then Skids dies after all his hard work too. Oh. Ok. And so forth and so forth blah blah.

Anyone else think the story got a little shaky when Drift and Ratchet were booted for like ten issues? Think the story would have been a lot strong if you had the hard voice of reason and the super loyal friend still on the ship when Getaway was starting to act fishy.

It's fun to re-read the first 30 issues though, no doubt. I miss the hoolgans too. Whatever happened to them and Grimlock?

I dumped the IDW universe a long time ago when they decide to abruptly cancel Simon Furman's plots in favor of AHM and never looked back.

Shit, Micronauts could be good.

>And then Megatron slaughtered the DJD (something I had been waiting for for a looong time) and it was like blowing a load.
>That was the climax. It's all down hill from here.
This. This so fucking much. I was expecting so much more from that finale and it would have even been ok had it sucked AND the DJD survived so at least we could look forward to more of them in the future but no he killed them off so that entire plotline was dead as if he just got tired of dealing with it.
He killed Ravage and Skids for that shitty finale too, both of their sacrifices were completely useless with the way he wrote it. And then seeing him on twitter saying 'hey this is like real life, things dont always end in a satisfying way', well guess what we don't have to buy it either.

Yes I mad.

Sub butthurt TFW2005 member, still crying about gay robots?

>Ok, but at least he got Quark back somehow. Oh? Skids fucked up big time and now that'll never happen. Oh. Ok. I guess that's cool drama. Then Skids dies after all his hard work too. Oh. Ok. And so forth and so forth blah blah
>oh ok
>oh ok
>oh ok
this is how I've been feeling about it since about midway into season two
there were so many disappointments and after awhile oh ok ceases to be ok

>I was expecting so much more from that finale and it would have even been ok had it sucked

I'm wondering, how would anyone here have done it differently? I mean, no I'm not happy with how it played out either,but I guess if the end goal HAS to be "Megatron has to kill the DJD" then how do you make that interesting? Yeah the load was blown, but it could have felt like a nice blow job instead of it being like a forced medical ejaculation.

Have the goddamn Megs and DJD fight be the whole issue and have some actual background discussed or even flashbacks while the fight is going on instead of dealing with the DJD in four panels and the rest of the issue was pointless bullshit that killed any and all tension. Seriously people here and all over tumblr were clamoring for DJD back stories or any little tidbits they could get and Roberts just laughed and said fuck it.

>I'm wondering, how would anyone here have done it differently?

The crew gets dumped off on a planet by Getaway as normal. As they're too busy trying to figure out how to get the fuck off the world they were dumped off on, a bunch of flash bangs, grenades, and laser/gun shots begin going off, spreading the crew out, and disorienting them. They realize all too late they're being directed away from one another, and purposefully split off, and are now hopelessly lost. The end of the first issue is a flashback of the DJD discussing their plan of action: To divide the crew, each one with their own specific targets to kill. No endless legions of Decepticons, just the crew that was dumped off, and the DJD.

The issues then involve the split up crew trying to survive as an individual DJD member hunts each of them down, one issue devoted to each fight as the crew members have to deal with being hunted. One issue per DJD member, the very last being a knock down bare knuckle fight between Megs and Tarn.

No I excepted Japanese dub Airrazor and Night scream even longer ago.

Totally agree the the fight should have been a mega two volume issue. We just found out that Tarn is fucking Glitch and they don't go into that all. With all the character development and cool/sad/dramatic flashbacks others got *coughShockwavecough*, it would have been nice to see what it was like for him to go from one eyed shy weirdo to well, Tarn.

I would have Megatron fight them but eventually have him be so damaged, something is permanently lost. Something that no longer will make him a full equal to Optimus if they ever fought again. Something that would make Prime pity him and then Megs can give him a big "fuck you" speech about it.

I also kinda wanted The Handmaiden's Tale shot to happen where all the Autobots got to give him a final punch or kick to Tarn before Megs would be honored with the final blow. Shit, maybe even Megs decides not to do it, and then it's a very open "who dun it" ending where it could have been anyone of the LL crew.

I'd be happy with just the bust.
Maybe with a hands on hips arms.

Also, word is TLK is not good, better than the 2,3, and 4, but not good.

Oh well, Prime Time tomorrow night.

>Also, word is TLK is not good

Well, no shit. It's a Bayformers film. Anyone expecting anything other than raw shit steaming on a sidewalk with a heaping helping of explosions was probably clinically retarded.

It'll still probably pull a billion in China though.

>Also, word is TLK is not good
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

How's Optimus Prime the comic doing?

I've been reading it but I've had a very hard time getting invested in it, between everybody being an asshole, Pyra Magna being a cunt and Optimus just not doing anything.

Is Transformers finally dying?

If they don't do anything about it as it stands now, yes.

Hmm, maybe have something "comicy" happen. Like Megatron finally beats the shit out of Tarn and wins, but in doing do, Tarn's spark doesn't just go out, it like explodes and some of the vapors get into Megatron. And that mixes with his energon and spark and it kinda makes me go a little crazy. So he's finding it really hard to control himself around Rodimus, and not punch his face in like he always wants to, and then he goes off on little ol Tailgate or something and Getaway is like SEE?! He'll always be a Con!? SEE!? I WAS RIGHT.

But Megatron knows something wrong, etc. Something more Sci-fi based would have been cool since that used to be Robert's cup of tea.

It's not dying just waiting for someone to light it's darkest hour.

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!!!!!

How come Prime never connected the dotes that Shockwave was Senator Shockwave. Senator goes missing and then a little bit later a new bot by the same name, but looks different, comes around.

Maybe something with the fact there are 80 billion other robots that live on Cybertron and more than one is named Shockwave? You had that one Con that sounded like Megatron that Whirl squished. Why not have a Con that's named after a famous Senator.

Because characters being functionally retarded in an effort to further a story is a trope that has existed since time began.

Prime always knew Shockwave was Senator Shockwave, guys. So did all of the other characters. It was just the readers that didn't. There was a flashback in RiD of Optimus talking to him right after he'd been Empurata'd.

Skids' death was entirely pointless and had no resonance with any of the characters' arcs. The only reason he died was because Roberts felt obligated to kill someone.
What a hack.

>Transformers is a dying franchise
Sure sure. Keep telling yourself that Geewun babby.

B-but user!! Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows!! It's messy and there are no real happy endings!!!

That's an actual excuse he gives people btw. His character deaths are so poorly done and that's why people get so mad about them.

Pipes was purely for shock value and to try and emotionally manipulate people into caring about a character he put very little time into developing. It feels like he only brought Rewind back because people were giving him flack for the "kill your gays" trope.

Honestly, the problem with IDW transformers at the moment is that the writers are slowly bending over backwards to make everything into a poor man's Shattered Glass. I was okay with pacifist Megatron for a time because it was a neat concept, but I think the real problem with how volume 2 ended was the fact that the DJD nerds didn't just kill everyone and prompt Megatron to return to being a tyrant, albeit feeling guilty about it the whole time or whatever. Meanwhile Optimus' books are boring as shit because A:Galvatron is dead, and B:The human characters are still unlikable shitlords who refuse to actually sit down and talk with a reasonable dude like Prime because "MUH HOOMIN PRIDE!" At least Windblade's story was somewhat interesting with all the politics and backstabbing. and watered-down version of Cybertron/Galaxy Force's plot. But now that she's dead, it's all just counting down to when Starscream gets fucking lynched finally.

TL;DR: IDW just needs to reboot shit so that it's back to basics.

From what has leaked from Boulder Media, the next series is indeed a reboot of G1. They have suggested that this will not be a show that just recycles the old names onto totally new characters to maintain the copyright on those names, but will literally be a full on reboot. Ark. Volcano. Awakening. Teletraan One. Energon Cubes. The works.

(it is NOT a continuation as some were claiming.)

Sales for every Hasbro comic is currently somewhere between terrible and catastrophic. Look for Lost Light and OP to be canceled and replaced by a single title with a new team by the end if 2017.

>B-but user!! Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows!! It's messy and there are no real happy endings!!!
Im so fucking pissed at him for using that excuse.
>Pipes was purely for shock value and to try and emotionally manipulate people into caring about a character he put very little time into developing.
And this was equally offesive since Pipes was one of my first transformer toys as a kid so I always had a soft spot for the little guy.

>DJD are dead
>Galvatron is dead
>Megatron is a pussie Autobot

why does IDW hate Decepticons

>just recycles the old names onto totally new characters to maintain the copyright
>slapping together whatever you can to keep your copyrights while the whole ship is sinking
Well that sounds like its going to be just peachy.

>Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows!! It's messy and there are no real happy endings

huh and here I thought thats why I was reading fiction, to get away from the real life bullshit

"Bad guys don't sell."

just hasbro returning to its outdated roots then I see

Good

I'm sick of the constant suffering and bleakness of current IDW-Transformers.

You forgot
>Tarantulas is dead
>Overlord is still around but probably won't do anything
>Deathsaurus is still around but probably won't do anything
>Soundwave is leader of the Decepticons, but also Prime's bitch
>Starscream is leader of Cybertron, but technically did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't even say it's like said so much as nobody in IDW knows how to use these characters more efficiently.

Authors use "but its reeeeaaaalll" to cover up bad writing all the fucking time.

This. It was cool for a while but they haven't done much with it except make the Cons toothless and the Bots assholes. Which is fucking easymode.

I think a lot of it has to do with making energon rarer, instead of harvested from other sources of power. The temptation of Bots to raid Con style, and the Cons as horrific space locusts who take EVERYTHING THAT MOVES from a planet to fuel their insatiable hunger for power is a great way of defining the factions AND creates a ton of stories. The power crisis metaphor's more relevant than ever now, too.

I had never read IDW's Phase 1 (taking a few issues like the limited series LSotW, Drift, etc.) I had started in Phase 2 I just read the Simon Furman period at IDW and despite some rhythm problems in the "-ations" and the unfortunate implications of Arcee, I liked it a lot and would like to know what he planned to do if he had not left. I'd like to know what you think, about his period at IDW now that it's been a few years since he left.

Geez guys, try to cheer up.

But he did? It wasn't a secret.

Just like in the last thread, I'm still waiting for ANY SORT OF SOURCE OF ANY OF THIS INFORMATION.

>Anyone else think the story got a little shaky when Drift and Ratchet were booted for like ten issues? Think the story would have been a lot strong if you had the hard voice of reason and the super loyal friend still on the ship when Getaway was starting to act fishy.

Honestly if Ratchet was on board, the mutiny might never have even happened because he's the only one grounded enough to see the writing on the wall.

where are these leaks from.

tell me where you learned of this.

He did, and tried to meet with Shockwave again, but Shockwave turned him aside, you fool. This was on panel.

I honestly expected Megatron to go off the deep end for a while. Instead the latest arc just felt...out of place. Especially with him being swept under a massive rug for Roberts can focus on everybody's...uh. Favourite characters Lug and Anode for a few issues when he'd been such a focus and draw for the last season.

Megatron, considering he felt actual remorse and having learned that pacifism is impossible if he wants to protect his crew apparently just goes straight back to pacifism. Not torn up over Ravage and the DJD as he was a the end of DoTL. Just weird.

Also, rageberry Rodimus needs more screentime. Explore why he's more interested in ruthlessly leaving the functionists' victims to chase after Getaway. Why he has some kind of heel face turn about how he feels about Megatron, considering he'd rushed to save him and shown him clear respect and trust before hopping universes, he's suddenly sure he must have betrayed them when he conspicuously doesn't turn up whilst a huge dangerous battle rages outside.

Feels kinda shitty all my favourite things about MTMTE Megatron are just being written out. Also
>Drift and Megatron don't interact at all
>after being so apparently close during the war

>Feels kinda shitty all my favourite things about MTMTE Megatron are just being written out. Also
>>Drift and Megatron don't interact at all
>>after being so apparently close during the war

OH GOD THIS.

never once did they did have a proper interaction, this should have been a big fucking deal. I mean I can imagine Ratchet telling Drift offscreen but Drift never reacts to Megatron.

I mean it could have easily been "So, Ratchet was right, you're one of us now."

Boulder Media is the source. Says so in the post.

But 3 WAS good

So your bs is conflicting

>unfortunate implications

Found the snowflake

I'm not seeing it on their website.

>Nobody sane unironically likes the Bayfmovies

The producers love them because they pump money.

Wasn't she forced to be transgender or some really wild shit? I assume pronouns are some sort of thing that's transmitted to other cybertronians or something, since they don't seem to fuckin care regardless if a mech is wearing lipstick or not and there's zero difference between "sexes" because they're a diverse bunch anyway.

>Drift still has a crush on Megatron

I have just read Salvation.

Thankfuly I read it until the end, because I was so mad that they killed Slag, Bludgeon and ever Flatline in a couple of pages.

Anyway, fucking Trypticon narration.

I'm going to read OP#8 now.

Hope you choke on Bay's cock faggot

Who wants to cheer up with some drawfaggotry?

Id rather be a baynigger then a gewunner faggot

On the contrary, Pipes' entire thing was trying to be important and a hero - one of the "somebodies". The fact that in death he managed to alert the Lost Light to Overlord's presence makes his death very resonant, in my opinion.

It's absolute bullshit that they didn't do anything to resolve dangling hooks from TDOTL. Minimus and his brother's death, Megatron and Drift, Roller and Tarn/Glitch/Skids/Megatron...

Cybertronians are sexless cause robits

Jihaxus wanted to introduce gender into their species (ether cause he was bored or because he wanted to create a way for them to reproduce)

Arcee was his creation and even with all the retcons still the only true female in a sense.

When windblade and the others showed up the other cybertronians asked questions

Meanwhile with arcee the point is made that they instinctvly know shes female.

Basicaly windblade and the others are just standard cybertronians who call them selves female for some unexplained reason and Arcee is actualy diffrent

They are both the same you autistic cunt.

They worship G1/Bays movies like a work of god himself

They direct any criticism as DUMB HATUR NOT TRUE FAN!!!!

They LOATHE every other part of the franchise and refuse to even try anything that's not geewuun/bayshitters

They are never happy, always angry and spiteful towards everyone

They both claim that THEIR franchise is the most well known and well liked because dumb reasons.

Bayniggers and geewuuns are literally the same people, that's why they are the biggest most wile and most spiteful cunts in the fanbase and why they hate eachother so much.

[Blitzwing meme intensifies]

Supposedly, Hasbro actually was thinking about having IDW end Dark Cybertron with a "New 52" style reboot where afterword IDW was going to swith over telling stories in the "Aligned" continuity. Which means they would of have to tell stories around WFC, Prime, and RID2015. Would you actually of wanted that?

You might want to look at the last page of Salvation again.

You mean they don't have a section on their website labeled "leaks"? LOL
You're either a smart ass or a dumb ass. Hard to tell just yet.

That's literally current IDW Prime.

I don't believe that Hasbro would actually after 30 years do a proper neo-G1 cartoon. No way.

It MUST be bayformers light. It just MUST.

I wonder if after the Power of the Primes line ends.

it's the classics line that's the media.

news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/16/transformers-go-karts-featuring-optimus-prime-bumblebee-341944

What I mean to daid is that I had been mad before I've read the whole issue. When I finished I was, well, less mad because at least one of them is still alive (guess what could happen with Slag and Bludgeon in the future).

Tbf user those are band new designs and brand new art. Hasbro is notoriously cheap, they still use Dreamwave art as place holders I don't think they'd put that much effort into art for a GoKart instead of just reusing some shit other shows.

I think they legit might be early concept art for a new series.

They're really not new designs. It's IDW Prime.

IDW Prime and the new design have about as much in common as Adam West Batman did with Michael Keaton Batman. They're red trucks. That's it.

Without sexual reproduction their gender basically is sex, but instead of being a social construct it's a medical one to deal with different spark types and possibly energon types.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

Flatline is alive, Slug...we'll see, and Bludgeon well they never recovered the body I believe.

>people actually think Simon Furman's shit is worth reading
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

That is exactly what is happening.