>"most powerful weapon in the universe"
>is actually weak as hell, and constantly runs out of power

Why?

>the fastest man alive
>can easily move faster than sound
>still has enemies who are not speedsters
why?

Weapon is fine, it just has the flaw every weapon has: it's user

Has there ever been a storyline where rings got sick of their owner's idiocy and decided to take matters into their own hands?

Hal fell and hit his head and the ring ditched him

>93320809
For a moment there I thought you were referring to the Omnitrix

Plot device so it's wearing is not a boring Mary Sue.

Because the writers are hacks and shits.
Just look at the most recent one where they were sieged by crystal creatures that were immune againts the rings constructs and beams. And what do they do? They take it off and then attack physically and it more or less works. WHICH IS BULLSHIT! They could have just as easily ripped a piece of rock out of the ground and smash them with that.
As I said the problem is like with every story the limitations of the writer. And they are shit.

That sounds laughably bad.

All Lanterns exist to die in droves to establish the seriousness of a threat

Because it is. The ring lets you create almost anything, but all they every do is a beam or some variation of "thing we gotta use to punch something very hard". All of this is due to the writers inability to use it creativly. We can have Lanterns using semi liquid against a robot or armour by pouring into any opening - no, punch it. They could use their ring to project a coat of vines that could control a larger area - no, punch it. You see were this is going, but I can't stretch enough how much I hate all those uncreative writers.
Also >Rainbow war
>Oh no, big evil super threat
>All Lanterns unite!
>Victory
>Back to Rainbow war
kill me

To stop delusions and grandeur from the Guardians' employees.

Works most of the time

Its not the ring, its the lantern

>Back to Rainbow war
To be fair the Sinestro and Green lantern corps would never be able to get along with Sinestro around and red lanterns were just too dangerous to leave hanging around, Larfleeze is a jerk and indigos and sapphires can't be trusted, blues are fine though and I am not sure why they had to be killed off for a shitty subplot about Walker losing his hope

GL power ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe indeed, cause it emits users willpower, and willpower is the most powerful thing of the universe they said. That's the problem. Writers doesn't even know what the fuck is willpower. It's not just a fuckin energy beam or some stupid constructs

Yellows could be a Corps of Batmen and Red Punishers. From time to time we have seen the Reds almost go the right path to not kill everything. Most recently the Atrocitus Ending of Injustice 2 gave me hope. As for the others: Not having them straight out outlawed enables the Guardians (if they would do it right) to sanction them and by that let themm all finally work together permanently. After all every single corps (exept orange) have the goal to bring peace/order to the universe. Can't have that if you constantly fight each other.
On the other hand that would then require the writers to come up with new stuff, so it will never happen.

This is what I was gonna say. Just because they have POTENTIAL POWER doesn't mean they're ever using anywhere near it. Human/mortal/thinking beings flaws get in the way.

This too. I think it takes some real creative thought to both write Green Lantern and in-universe be an effective Green Lantern.

The Power Rings should serve as universal tool. It's like having a soldier or cop who don't need to haul around hundreds of pounds of stuff because the ring can make a temporary substitute of anything. Guns, hand cuffs, radars, radios.

Writers tend to only see it as a weapon rather than a tool that can be used a weapon, among other things.

>K.O superman
>detroyed planets
>tanked supernovas
>fly faster than light
is pretty powerful

As others have stated it's primarily limited by the user, hence why despite all Lanterns being equipped with the exact same weapon there are clear differences in power.

As to the energy running out and stuff, those were all built in weaknesses by the Guardians to prevent a Lantern from ever becoming too powerful. To see what a Lantern with no limits on his ring can do look at early Kyle adventures when he was the only GL around. And for as imaginative as Kyle is, it's just that he makes interesting constructs, not that he actually uses the ring in interesting ways.

Green Lanterns are DC's designated jobbers

>Hal is said to be the greatest Green Lantern ever with so much willpower that he can become a being of pure will and forge his own Lantern ring
>Still gets his ass kicked by Wonder Woman, who is hurt by bullets

Epic

Oan powered weapons are fucking bullshit OP.

>is actually weak as hell
aka never heard a comic

What hal is not even the strongest Gl human, Kyle Rayner is and he stomped Ultraman an evil version of superman

indeeed

>constantly runs out of power
thats a built in weakness by the Guardians cause they were paranoid.

When you have someone who is channeling the full power of a lantern corp, you get Larfleeze who is comically strong and regularly kills gods

That issue really hammered home how weak and stupid GLs have gotten

They run into shit their rings don't work on every other Tuesday and they're all way too stupid to figure out an actual creative way around it

I get that it's a way for writers to use shortcuts and not have to think about anything too hard but it makes it feel like the GLC is full of special kids

>Yellows could be a Corps of Batmen and Red Punishers.

That's pretty boring though. The Yellows should be space Mongolian hordes; they show up, demand fealty and tribute. If they get it, congratulations! You're now under the control/protection of the Sinestro Corps as long as you meet all of their demands. If you resist, they're shatter your defenses, unleash thousands of sadistic, psychopathic killers upon your populace free to pillage, rape, and kill as they see fit, then enslave your entire world. Reds as space Punisher is a good place to start, you need them operating on a completely different level. They're not going to gun down a crime boss in broad daylight in the middle of a crowded city without civilian casualties, they're going to demolish several blocks to do so. They'll murder governments, wipe out entire family lines, kill anyone remotely associated with their prey, their rage knows no limits or boundaries.

On a related note I'd really like to see them bring back the Darkstars as a shady PMC type organization whose operations range from legit law enforcement and protection duties to plausible deniability military actions to "here's the opposing politician and variety of power tools you wanted, call us if you need more opposing politicians or power tools."

Superman showed how incredibly worthless it is to have one of the strongest weapons in the world, but only having the reaction time of a human severely hinders its full potential. The Supes literally ran circles around GL, and he couldn't react fast enough to stop him.

This. Every time i see the fucking flash fight a non speedster, my autism goes off. By the time capn cold pulls the trigger on his gun flash should have gone around him, ate a sandwich, and given him a wedgie.

they give them to a ton of people, if each of them was really as powerful as they made it seem it'd be like giving a beat cop the powers of darkseid (a bit weaker) a terrible fucking idea

>Weak weapon
>typically a rotation of at least one lantern that is monitor level if not higher
>Hal jordan basically abuses his ring for resurrection
>has a shit ton of powers that are ignored until writer hits a wall
>only limited for pure plot convince