Gather round Sup Forums, it's time to learn WHO'S WHO in DC COMICS!

Gather round Sup Forums, it's time to learn WHO'S WHO in DC COMICS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ntiphuey8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This handy guide will be a big help to everyone!

What's the difference between Green Arrow and Green Lantern? Well... NOW YOU KNOW!

So THAT'S the Joker!

Superman AND Supergirl explained. Who would have known?!

And that wraps that one up! Now YOU KNOW! Don't say I didn't help you out!

El Dragón appearance in the DCU proper when?

>The Joker is a very bad person
Just tell me who the characters are and leave your judgments at home.

Know what I'd like to see? Something like the Superman is Clark Kent Computer moment with Lex where a book like this exists in-universe and some goon's tike gets it as a present, while cleaning up after the party the mook flips through it and a light bulb goes off over his head that some of it actually adds up.

He tests the theory, staking out at a few places and it seems like people named go about things as described, so he tries to tell a group of A List villains his thoughts, none of the top spies and black op databases have any of this so they ask where he got his intel.
He pulls out this children's book.

They tear it up and beat him up for wasting their time because they don't believe him.

Comic ends with the kid asking where his book is, daddy mook just sitting there with a frown and ice pack around his black eye.

>Batman is an inventor

Yes, I always have thought of the world's greatest detective as being an inventor.

>reading one of OHOTMU issue
>Gruenwald reveals his super-autism powers and his obsessive research methods
I wish people who liked capes still worked at Marvel.

>Wonder Woman
>"When she was young, she was called Wonder Baby and then Wonder Girl. Her other name is Diana Prince."

It used to be that he built all of his own stuff, which in the Silver Age involved lots and lots of gadgets in addition to the various Batmobiles, Batplanes, Bathelicopters, Batgyros, Batsubs, Batboats, Batbikes, and flying Batcaves.

In the 70's they introduced Lucius Fox and later that guy who couldn't talk whose name I forget in order to be more realistic and push Batman as a detective rather than an inventor.

You don't know about Wonder Tot?

This sounds pretty good.

Wasn't Batman still considered more of a detective than inventor? Almost every hero was an inventor in those days.

I wish Gruenwald was still alive

That's nothing.
>DC is scrambling together a kit superhero team
>they've got Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad, and Robin
>need a token girl
>flip through some old covers and realize that there's a "Wonder Girl"
>months later DC employees realize that "Wonder Girl" is literally a younger Wonder Woman
>DC pulls a quick retcon to make her Wonder Girl 2 aka Donna Troy

The first comics says he studied chemistry, forensics, and law, while also getting himself physically trained in Asian martial arts. He was supposed to be the superhero answer to a want for old pulp-noir detective stories. It's only lately that he's become a genius inventor who builds all of his tech, instead of having it contracted out using his multi-millions and hiding it through red tape. He even has machines that do the detective work for him, which is awful, in my opinion.

>Lex's profile ends with "He's terrible"

His name was Harold

>months later DC employees realize that "Wonder Girl" is literally a younger Wonder Woman
>DC pulls a quick retcon to make her Wonder Girl 2 aka Donna Troy
The sad part is that that should be surprising, but it isn't.

How would you describe a man that stole forty cakes? That's as many as four tens ya know.

Lex literally did nothing wrong.

>Batgyros, Batsubs
i know the context should've made sense of it for me, but my first thought was of Batman sitting in the Batcave making lunch at a high tech work table
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ntiphuey8g

>he does not wear a mask
What other thing does he not wear?

Condoms

What happened to Wilson Forbes?

I've always been surprised that he never worked at DC considering how much of a Justice League fanboy he was.

He did FORTY things wrong!

>The Penguin is a bad man. He is also very silly.
Pfah. Who are you to judge others just because they are different ?
Just because you mundane swine have no drama in your souls.

I don't see how that's my problem!

Jody? Isn't that a girl's name?

that's as many as four tens things wrong!

That's terrible!

Why is Zatanna black?

Wilson Forbes is not how you spell Zatanna.

Shit, I meant it for

>Then, he dresses up and pretends to be someone else.
Yes, I think we're all aware of Jimmy's hobbies.

He worked on DC's official fanzine, but that's it.

>Some people call Jimmy Olsen Mr. Action.
Only you call you that, Jimmy

Even then he was still called the world's greatest detective and many stories revolved around his amazing detective skill, especially in World's Finest. Doesn't make sense to call him an inventor first and foremost.

Never, they would have to explain what his name means in English so Americans could understand his power

I didn't know Aquaman would die if he's out of the water for over an hour. Also there are a couple of characters I didn't know about, so thanks.

I've learned tons today.

Thanks OP!

BEES

>And that's too many bees when you are tiny
Why is that funny

>he plays silly tricks on ... Batgirl
I love that silly trick where you shoot someone in the spine and paralyze them

I didn't know Black Canary ran a flower shop. That's kawaii.

the Super Dictionary and Super A comics changed a few characters races to be more diverse. mostly minor characters but Zatanna was redrawn as Conujra, who in addition to having all the powers of Zatanna also had a magic carpet thus making her better in every way.

No that's what you call a guy who fucks your girl while your fighting a war.

>And that's too many bees when you are tiny
Yeah, because being normal sized sure helps against FIFTY BEES.

Agreed, the logical thing would be to get smaller.

It's quite a simple answer and a part of DC history that many people might not know about:

WE

Kents should be careful, he's approaching 1/2 a Lex Luthor at 1/4th the age. The math doesn't look good.

Alien lovers btfo. Lex is twice the man he'll ever be.

WAS STAGE MAGICIANS?

He does not wear rockets on his back and on his feet. Lex Luthor does, though.

I think he didn't like the editorial of the time, same with Shooter who was also a huge DC fanboy and wanted the company to bankrupt so Marvel could buy their characters.

Bees. My God.

When a felon's not engaged in his employment, don't kidnap them off the street, Kara.

Oh The Super-Dictionary, the stuff of dreams are made off!

I kinda want comet comic

Is this Luthor's true origin story?

You mean that even as a baby Superman had more self control than Luthor?

These seem to pick pretty strange attributes to put in a succinct summary of a character, especially for characters in Gotham. For example,
This is Frodo. He has hairy feet. He lives with his uncle Bilbo, until his friend Gandalf gives him a ring. He likes to eat breakfast twice, and knows Legolas. When he was little, he was known as Baby Frodo, then Boy Frodo.

>El Dragón is as brave as a dragon. In fact, his name means "the dragon."
holy shit, deepest lore. HYPERCRISIS confirmed

>Travelling through dimensions literally just requires repeating a bastardized differential expression.

Because it's too many bees no matter what your size.

This was the plot of an Oglaf strip.

I don't even know if half of these are heroes or villains. What are you going to do about it OP!?

Fun Fact: El Dragon was made specifically for this dictionary

But the ability to control electricity with ones mind is a pretty OP power. they should use him in the comics or shows.

How fucking old is Luthor?

Let's just say he's been involved in a variety of time travel plots. It's complicated.

Arctic breath should resolve that quickly.

Conjura really ought to show up somewhere in real comics. Black Zatanna with spider sense necklace and time travel just seems rife with possibilities.

WHAT'S THIS?

AN OVERABUNDANCE OF BEES IN THE SUPERHERO DICTIONARY?

I would get confused about my sexuality if I weren't already

At least as many as four tens

I thought the implication here was that Supergirl saved him from suicide.

>Aquaman can only be on land for an hour
>they can't actually say ollie and dinah are married
wat

Did a human even write this thing?

It's a thing that comes and goes, even when it is used it's obviously fudged a lot ("I've been out of longer 30 minutes more than possible, but I have to keep fighting" shit).

>Tomahawk
>real name Tom Hawk
That's it, burn it down.

Wait, was Conjura a hijab wearing muslim? Like an Islamic version of Zantanna?

Is this for foreigners who learn english with the Assimil method?

What a hottie! Makes Bugs Bunny jealous, I'd bet.

Its name does after the place from the Robin Hood stories. It's pretty kawaii alright. Who needs a big ice fortress or batcave when you have a little flower shop you run with your waifu and the black hired help?

An amazon attack.
A deadly bee weapon.

It's a prank bro. Look there's the camera.