twitter.com/Ikiruined/status/876899724514689025
twitter.com/SizzlerKistler/status/876896725797019649
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hyperion top husbando but y'all knew that already

so what the actual fuck is Robinson on WW

like, we remember how he left DC, and it was not happy

also point me to the best mad takes about it

Hello, Storyteller.

So, fair warning, I'm probably going to take any excuse I can find to bring up Metroid for a while, since my favorite game franchise is shockingly not dead after all. And if Texas user shows up, we may end up arguing about it.

Just a bit of transparency concerning me being annoying yet again, let's read The adventures of literally not-Justice League.

Johns has been mending bridges left and right, I guarantee you that Waid and PAD are next to come over.

but will it be any good

Thank you for posting Squadron Supreme RIP mark

>so what the actual fuck is Robinson on WW
A big fat pile of nothing. At first I was excited since Robinson is known for taking lesser know stuff (Wonder Rogues perhaps) and breathing new life into them. But then I saw that he's following up on Diana's secret twin brother, and I immediately lost interest.

Daily reminder that OP is a DCbro and only storytimes Marvel books to hide the obvious DC shilling in his posts.

Great question, you never know which Robinson you're going to get.

They all come crawling back eventually

anything good in solicits?

lol n00b

It's like, I'm not EXCITED for it cuz Robinson has written Wondie horribly, but people's reaction to it being "sexist" for having a male character is hilarious

My favorites were one where the person complaining didn't even know who James Robinson was, then was informed that Airboy was "transphobic", and proceeded to go "FIGURES, WAY TO GO DC"

It's like a blast from the past when people were taking a shit on DC every day for some perceived slight

It really does bring home the Apology Tour thing tho, don't it?

share the good tweets please

I am curious to see when DC will go back to being the "problematic" publisher.

OP is a faggot.

I really feel like they are getting all these filler creative teams in middle because Snyder wants to take over Wonder Woman and he's getting ahead with scripts. Either that or some other big name is going to take over Wondy book soon. Like there should be no reason for filler creative teams on one of your hottest property right now and it's not like editorial team of Wonder Woman is not competent or anything.

yeah that's Hawkman

Right, I'm not excited about it inherently, but I'm very curious about Robinson coming back, etc.

the pendulum will swing eventually but the gestalt around Marvel is genuinely not great right now, not just angry woke twitter

>Apology Tour
Having a brain fart here, care to inform?

>Amazing Spider-Man #788.
>Spider-Gwen #28.
>Spider-Man Deadpool #1770.
>Captain America #694.
>Hulk #708.
>Iron Man #593.
>Guardians Of The Galaxy #146.
>Black Panther #165.
>Daredevil #594.
>Gwenpool #21.
>Iron Fist #72.
>Ultimate2 #100
>Venom 150

Source BC.

Rucka left DC a while ago on not good terms so his coming back to WW was remarkable; Robinson definitely left Earth 2 angry as a walk-off, so huh, well. Also, Dixon getting work again.

I really do think they're waiting for G. Willow Wilson's contract over at Marvel to expire.

>people's reaction to it being "sexist" for having a male character is hilarious
Here's a better complaint. Male Amazons are stupid. Every single time Gargareans are introduced in the Wondy books, it sucks. It sucked when Simone did it, it sucked when Azzarello did it, it sucked when Finch did it.

To all writers, and you rancid cocksores who oh so love the idea of "Wonder Boy", you listen to me. Gargareans are cancer. Stop trying to make them a thing.

SQUADRON SCRAMBLE!
Supreme Power wasn't as good but the Nighthawk mini was worth the edge.

It does feel like they're doing a variety of fill-ins, absolutely. Long enough to not be one-shots and do a full story, but very defined, and maybe also some degree of contrasting takes? Hmmm.

Hi thread

Guess who I met on the weekend

>Waid
I really doubt it. Robinson left because of clashes with editorial that were kept out of the public eye, it never got nasty. Waid trashed DC's current editor-in-chief Bob Harras in a public interview on CBR back in 2000

> Overnight, they forgot what a two-faced, cowardly liar Bob had been and what crap they’d all had to suffer through because of his shortcomings as a manager. Instead, everyone was lighting candles for Bob. Jesus. You want to know the truth? In my humble =koff= opinion, Bob did as much to help destroy the comic book industry during the 1990s than any other single human being alive

Duh, thought you were talking about a specific incident, my bad. Wonder how much groveling Didio has had to do?

Shade's not dead!

Oh and people going "And THIS is how DC chooses to react to the success of the movie?!" while showing that they're not even reading the damn book and ignoring that the Robinson issues are preceded by a run by two women and that we also got a new Simone Wondie/Conan crossover announced today.

Unfortunately my favorite one blocked me cuz someone shared me bashing her tweets which is a shame because I otherwise like her writing.

Let me dig up some good ones

HOLY SHIT

HeroesCon? Seems like a nice convention

I don't think it would take much to get PAD back now, that guy needs all the work he can get

Supanova. Don't get a lot of big name comics artists so had to make the most of it

NSM also not dead. I feel like DC is not going to cut any mainline book until their big Rebirth storyline is over, which is until next summer. Then we'll probably get bunch of new books and old books will get cancelled/some become monthly.

According to the Outhousers, that period has never changed.
The latest thing they find problematic is that all of the Metal creative teams consist of men

lol at that Spider-Gwen renumber, I'm surprised they aren't renumbering Ms. Marvel too

I'm a little surprised they're renumbering ALL their main titles, how are they gonna relaunch them yearly now?

>Also why tf is this another mini-run? 5 issues, then this for 6 issues - glad it's not going to take over forever but continuity, pls? Wasn't that what Rebirth was supposed to do: make it EASIER to read these books?

Wait, wait: what's hard about a mini-run that follows another one? Isn't this exactly what lots of New Readers have wanted--shorter stories that you can hop into instead of being part 7 of a 55-issue run?

>that guy needs all the work he can get
Evidently not since you can e-beg your way out of your own stupidity via patreon.

Think it might be a while since I'm pretty sure PAD is Marvel exclusive.

that's amazing

>and you rancid cocksores who oh so love the idea of "Wonder Boy",
b-but I want it

>wearing that outfit in real life
We comic fans really do have no sense of dignity whatsoever. And now I have to live with the fact that I hang out with someone who dresses up like a closet exhibitionist in public. For fucks sake.

Speaking of Rokk though, I think he's Mr. Oz.

The Outhousers' hate boner for DC has never ceased to amaze me

You can't tell people not to spend money on stupid shit, that's for sure

twitter.com/VaGentlenerd/status/876886352268337159
twitter.com/ClaireAgincourt/status/876895098809667586
twitter.com/vandroidhelsing/status/876881833681592320
twitter.com/Ikiruined/status/876899724514689025

Yep yet still same people are complaining "this is why people don't read Wonder Woman!" because of "status quo changes" (when nothing in the announcement implies that at all)

Anyway you sell trades to movie people who venture into a store, not floppies

not even getting into "has any book seen a quality movie bounce yet?", on top of that

And this one:

twitter.com/SizzlerKistler/status/876896725797019649

Huh?? When was this ever the case? Closest it ever came to this was during Luke's run there were a bunch of fill-ins, Heinberg and Picoult each left after one arc but then it went into Simone's 30+ issue run, a year-long run from JMS, Azzarello for 35 issues, and Finch for a couple dozen issues. Like where does this idea that Wonder Woman is getting constantly rebooted when she's basically defined by really long runs from beloved authors? That's always been her strength, she has one book with one writer for long periods of time instead of tons of spinoffs and OGNs and crossovers you have to follow

Man, it's been awhile since I got super Twitter mad.

Casuals being hypocritical morons. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Of course you want it, cause you're a fucking retard.

>B-but, Diana having a son could be really interesting!
No it fucking wouldn't. Stop projecting your sick shota self-insert fantasies on my favorite superhero, you disgusting piece of sub-human trash.

r-r-r-recap

People do like to retcon/reset things from previous runs. Like how Phil Jimenez did all that work to make Floating Themyscira and then Rucka went 'lol' and destroyed it.

>People who don't read comics pretend that they know about these characters.
News at 11!!

>likes Wonder Woman
>calls others subhumans
Does anyone else see the irony?

> making it a revolving door for creators to come & go

So the way that all comics were done before the last, what like 5 years?

That's true and I think that's one of the biggest sources of the "everyone resets her status quo" maymay.

But aside from that Byrne and WML and Simone and even Luke all continued straight on from the previous runs, with the exception of Byrne doing his Byrne thing and making three new characters that were literally identical to her previous supporting cast.

Fun fact, Luke's second arc was used to put Cassie and her mom on a bus and he actually gets her mom's name wrong.

The sales charts came out today, which will probably lead to more "why Marvel isn't doing as well as they should" posts.
Things I noticed are:
>Jean Grey had a large drop
>Nick Fury is probably cancelled, dropping to 16K at second issue
>Champions is at 25K
>Secret Warriors is at 23K

I'm having beer for dinner

It'd be fun to work it out, because I do feel like there's an awful lot of cast reset/continuity nitpick in Post-Crisis Wondy, although I'd also argue that Byrne was the most profound derail and wounded it badly by the end.

Ellis better give me some Aunt Madge, dang it

>Like where does this idea that Wonder Woman is getting constantly rebooted when she's basically defined by really long runs from beloved authors?
It came directly out of someone's ass, and everyone else ate it up. Note how this complaint is often accompanied by pointing out that Diana doesn't have as many OGNs as the other two of the Trinity. If anything, this just speaks to being lazy fucks who insist on a pick up and play style of following comics because they can't be arsed otherwise.

And while we're at it, I fail to see WW's frequent changes in status quo as an inherently bad thing. Diana is always being put into new situations, which keeps her book fresh, instead of being forever stuck in a constant state of stagnation. I know full well that Fontana and Robinson will change things around for their runs, and I'm okay with that because it keeps things interesting, dammit!

I rarely drink but I'm definitely drinking tonight, had some sad stuff happen. Expensive whiskey.

Which makes reading this kinda weird because it's a pretty sad comic at times.

So many fucking trades this week!

if you're the user who lost the doggus, hugs and sympathy because that's the hardest thing on this earth.

Nuke is young asshole Firestorm, right?

Thanks, that means a lot.

Fortunately no doggos in Squadron Supreme, just Tom Thumb being for suffering.

In Modern Marvel, Nighthawk's point would be immediately deemed the wrong one since writers would instantly deem men working towards a utopia by their own labors as a conservative idea.

The reboot thing is from Simone to JMS to Nu52 all in a row

I hope that everything works out okay for you user.

damn, son, that's cold

Anyone ever feels totally burned out? Every Wednesday I go in a Win'0 thread, download weekly stuff and then don't even bother reading single thing. And it's not just ongoings, I recently downloaded huge Marvel back catalogue and ordered a lot of books from instocks and haven't bothered to check any of it out.

Absolutely. Also Heinberg/Picoult reboot being a flop.

Thanks a ton, user.

dat ass

Personality points toward Firestorm, but his powers resemble DC's Post-Crisis Captain Atom who came out years later. A Pre-Crisis Hypercrisis.

I haven't felt any weekly urgency in a while except in a few cases, but I'm also working a lot

IMO it's weirdly helpful but also contributes to the arbitrary reboot feeling to know how much Simone wasn't allowed to use

Occasionally, I think everyone gets like that.

I suggest ONLY reading the stuff that you really love, like when you get to the end you're like "I wish I had the next issue NOW". I used to read a lot of mediocre stuff just because I liked the characters or moderately enjoyed the book.

Yeah, I'm stashing stuff for when I feel the urge to binge coming on me again, it does inevitably happen

yeah I've been feeling that way for months

I keep buying shit on comixology sales and not reading any of it, I can manage to read 1-2 books on a Wednesday sometimes, but I don't get excited for books anymore

a couple years ago I was pulling 20 books and hyped all the time, now nothing is exciting. I have five books on my pull but I only really look forward to one of them

I kind of chalk it up to Rebirth being mostly dull, and the one property I was hoping would get Rebirth'd hard didn't

what property is that?

No problem user, if there's anything that I've learned from Tex's Wonder Woman storytimes, it's that we all need a little bit more love and compassion in our lives especially during the bad times.

GL

They've been mishandling it even before Geoff left and I'm so fucking sick of Venditti

I AM Tex, so glad to hear she's affecting you like she affects me

I haven't been reading but I can see it, yeah, it could have used a more radical kick in the ass

One of the reasons that I like Simone is because she argues that comics shouldn't limit cheesecake, there should just be more beefcake to even things out.

Aw, not-Wondy even has her own Steve!

This is fucking shameless, like they're practically daring DC to say something.

this is the Platonic essence of shameless plagiarism and that's what makes it great

It feels like when they run out of ideas they revert to rookies, except this time there's two of them! And I guess I get the appeal for people new to DC/GL but personally I have no interest in barely competent rookies, especially when the established vets all suck in the other book too

Maybe I just expect too much or I've been reading comics long enough that I'll probably be disappointed no matter what they do with GL but I wish it was a book I looked forward to

I still like the idea of space crime/noir GLC by Valentine

that sounds wonderful

it'd be a strong contrasting take, you can do all kinds of batshit weird settings to do the genre mashup in, use the offbeat cast, and even sneak in some themes/Big Issues on the sly

Actually at the time of this mini Marvel AND DC were intentionally doing expies of each other's characters, DC had the Champions of Angor and Marvel just brought back these Roy Thomas villains from the 70's.

IIRC this wasn't just on a publication level but was literally writers talking in restaurants and deciding to do this.

I'm telling you, just turn this book into COPS in space.

Enough with the "epic" shit, and just let these fuckers be police again.

there's a playfulness to it all that I really enjoy

just the two of us

alone

like, there's some deliberate beefcake in this so far, right? it's not just me being me?

that's what the most recent issue was and it was pretty dull tbqh

it would take a better writer to pull it off, not sure who at DC could really do it (I'd really love to see King give GL a shot though)