Miles Morales YA book

Miles is half black, half Puerto Rican; his culture is extremely important to him as a character. He's also a teenager trying to make it through high school in one piece while also keeping New York City safe. (A tale as old as time, amirite?)

This seems like a lie. I can honestly not remember his culture being important to him once.

Source: mashable.com/2017/05/19/miles-morales-spider-man-art/#ntrAoUn_GqqY

i wanna fuck his feet

Nothing is important to Miles because he's barely a character. Maybe having someone who isn't our natural enemy Fat Man will give him something, I'd be more interested in a black culture spider-man than the amazing "Peter Parker but he's black this time"

Is there any reason for Miles to exist beyond Marvel being able to market a 'black/hispanic Spider-Man'?

I think the main problem behind Miles is he's been saddled with Bendis his entire run. Bendis during the first volume wasn't bad but he's been shit since the second volume.

>Bendis is trying this fucking hard
Why does he care about Miles so much? He isn't pushing Riri this hard.

well that didnt take long

Fuck his high school
Fuck his heritage
Fuck Miles

FUCK THIS

Miles hot mom thread, GO!

>black culture spider-man
What does this even mean?

Trill League, but serious

I think in the hands of the right writer there could be an interesting dynamic with Miles and playing up his heritage and how he makes different decisions than Peter due to his background. Like maybe Miles is seen poorly by people in his own community for working with police or something like that. The main problem is Marvel does not have a single writer I trust who would not handle him as a hamfisted political allegory.

Does it annoy anyone else that despite being bi-racial Miles is written and drawn as 100% black? I forget he's supposed to be hispanic most of the time.
It was strange seeing him actually look bi-racial in the PS4 Spider-man trailer.

I am a Milesfag and this is true as hell. His heritage/bloodline has barely even played a part in the comics. With the exception of telling us he is mixed there has been no real celebration of his mother's or father's side of the family.

Wasn't there also a Captain America: Serpent Society book coming out?

>I am a Milesfag.
Please explain why.

>I think the main problem behind Miles is he's been saddled with Bendis his entire run.
This is exactly the problem.
Just look at what happened to Sam Alexander after Jeph Loeb was taken off the solo title. He only got better and better.

That's often the case in the U.S. media. A half black character will look 100% black all the time, and will be played by black actors if it's a live action medium.
As a biracial person it's always annoyed me, DESU. It's generally very obvious when someone is 50/50 black and white in real life.

>his culture is extremely important to him as a character
Since when? Last i checked it was only important to him as a marketing point.

Not him but I grew up reading Ultimate Spider-man trades when I was young and got into montlhy right around Death of Spider-man. Miles was one of my first monthly books. As much as Bendis sucks Miles has consistently had good art until this last run around #8.

we need some art of Morrison as Ultra Comics fighting Brian "The empty hand" Benis.

nigga black/white is the only mix you can tell when the person is mixed most of the time

>Does it annoy anyone else that despite being bi-racial Miles is written and drawn as 100% black?
Most tend to move towards the black side more.

Nigga you are fucking retarded. Take that shit out of here. You black and asian is noticeable as well. Black and Hispanic just comes off looking black with a better fucking nose.

>Funny
Miles is purely angst and tragedy, I've yet to see anything resembling humor come out of his mouth.

Is that kid Blasian? He'll look more Asian as he gets older. My point still stands, IMO.

That kid looks straight black. Also I wish Djimon would've been T'chaka.

Ok case in point. This rapper is the exact same mix as Miles

The only time Miles came even close to his culture was beating up Mexican Scorpion.

Little shit probably doesn't even eat platano maduro.
Little fuck probably doesn't even know what gallo pinto is.

>The main problem is Marvel does not have a single writer I trust who would not handle him as a hamfisted political allegory.

So just like the example you cited then because that seems to be the pretty typical "police hate minorities and minorities hate police" narrative that's been a thing since like forever

Every ethnic hero gets their shit trimmed down because white audiences can't deal with it.

Remember when Jaime Reyes used to throw in a lot of Spanish words or have an issue or two written exclusively in Spainish? People bitched about that.

Same for Arana. Her shit stopped selling and they tried to retool her as yet another Spider-Woman instead of going with the Mexican mysticism that was big in her debut.

>Does it annoy anyone else that despite being bi-racial Miles is written and drawn as 100% black?
Not really. The other option is to make Miles speak horrible spanish, or mix both languages like a retard (no one does that irl). The only people who let their biracial heritage define them are assholes with too much time in their hands.
>como estan, mis fellow latinos?

And whats even Puerto Rican heritage? Regueton and Ricky Martin? Come on, at least mexico has more things like cartels and tacos.

Blasian kids come out has really attractive blacks.

The only time I can think of is where he was upset some Youtube blogger yelled 'BLACK SPIDERMAN. WEZ SPIDAMAN NOW!'.

Loeb wrote all of 5 issues, and those 5 issues were perfectly fine.

His uncle was a much more memorable and interesting character. I wouldn't mind if he was a new, morally ambigious Spider-Man instead can't be worse than SpOck

No, because it's rare that I've ever heard anyone call Obama the first "bi-racial" President or Tiger Woods a "bi-racial" golfer. If you can pass for black you're just fucking black. I've seen more movies with Zoe Saldana playing a black...no, I've seen more movies of her playing an alien than her in any role that required her to speak Spanish. I don't think anyone calls Christina Aquilera Spanish or bi-racial. Same for Rosario Dawson. You just are what you look most like. The only time I even hear people define themselves as "bi-racial" is when they're trying to prove something to, fit in, or win points with the race they don't most resemble.

>I don't think anyone calls Christina Aquilera Spanish
She had to learn it to sing a song in Spanish on one of her albums.

So you're not so much a Miles fan as you are a Sarah Pichelli fan?

pretty much.

No because most black latinos look like Miles Morales.

t. New Yorker who spent a lot of time in Spanish Harlem and lives in the Bronx.