Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8qLl145FqQg
youtube.com/watch?v=MVoH4odBCvs
youtube.com/watch?v=y3lsCIHnU9g
youtube.com/watch?v=XjrkKJ3cHn4
youtube.com/watch?v=kutONzsK9Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tpym4l5wRPo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How about one from a decade where they showed more than piss-poor anime and bad cartoons?

This. Also Kids' WB blew it away. As did Jetix. I'd say even Miguzi topped it.

Fox Box was hot garbage.

Honestly, who likes FoxBox? Second-rate anime and toku when it's predecessor had Digimon Tamers, Power Rangers Time Force and the best CG cartoons Canada had to offer.

>piss-poor anime
youtu.be/8qLl145FqQg

foxkids was the absolute shit as a canadian, i didn;t get any of those other 'cool' saturday cartoon channels

You mean you weren't constantly flipping between Foxkids and YTV's Vortexx?
You were doing it wrong.

I didn't get kidsWB though.

If only for Manny the Uncanny, Pepper Ann, and maybe 101 Dalmatians

Even if it was a product of Disney wanting to be both Nickelodeon AND Warner Bros. really badly

maybe im an old fag, but i dont remember ytv having anything of value on saturdays, and if they did it was almost always reruns

i remember they have pokemon on at 1pm, but there was always something better on fox kids or 4kids tv or whatever its name was at that paticular time

Canadafag here
I'd flip between Foxkids, YTV and 1 Saturday Morning

Wrong.

If I'm remembering right Foxkids had Power Rangers, Transformers, Digimon and MonColle Knights. YTV had Pokemon Jackie Chan Adventures, Medabots and Zoids

I loved all of these honestly. All super comfy. I remember Nick tried to go up against them with new episode mornings and got completely melted.

YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN

I'M NOT OLD

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No block has the punch like cartoon cartoon Fridays did

Right but they're talking about Saturday Mornings.

CCF is literally top tier. Snick was great but it didn't even hold a candle to it.

fuck your right zoids and metabots were hype as fuck. i also remember needing to watch ytv on saturdays for the newest avatar episodes.

but fox had digimon, shaman kings, ultimate wrestlers, kirby, sonic (GOTTA GO FAST, SOOONIIIIICCC)

fox was always the go to, then ytv, then if desperate enough teletoon

Shit Fox Kids also had Godzilla and Evolution.

God damn that opening great.

That IS piss-poor nigger

>tfw you thought you liked Fox Box but in retrospect literally the only thing you watched on it was Kirby and everything else was trash

MORE THAN YOU THINK

MAXIMUM PINK

>no ultimate muscle
SIR I AM OFFENDED
THEREFORE IM GOING TO BODY SLAM YOU

Real Fox Kids remember the Sam & Max cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=MVoH4odBCvs

fuck you dont you do this to me. dont make me a fuck

Oh hell yeah. Remember CJ and Jamal?
Remember when they aired Attack of the Killer Tomatoes during the break between Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 3 and Power Rangers Zeo, and you were mad as fuck but toughed it out anyway out of loyalty to the block?

I remember Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I don't remember CJ and Jamal because I wasn't black enough for that cartoon.

I can't speak for everyone, but SNICK, even the later years, always had this really specific vibe that I can't quite pin down. It was chill, cool in the kind of way you don't really expect from network television because it usually comes off so forced. I guess it was because it was geared toward older kids, and at the time, that was pretty unusual. For kids like me, who were still a little young for SNICK when the block first started airing, getting to stay up and watch it with the older kids felt like you were getting away with something.

It's a feeling that's intrinsically tied to that of 90's Nickelodeon in general, a rebellious sort of feeling that I don't think will ever be adequately recaptured because of how the landscape of television has evolved. If you can find tapes of the original broadcasts, though, you can still get a sense of what it felt like. It really was something special.

TMNT was great.

Both of these blocks had the Bratz/Winx Club line up. Sometimes I'd stay up late on a Saturday morning and watch them in a comfy yet highly aroused daze before going to bed for the day (I work nights).

BIG BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE

I never associated TMNT with Fox Box because I watched TMNT during Teletoon's KA-POW block (TMNT, megaman battle network anime, Megas XLR)

My best and only friend in middle school

One Saturday Morning is God Tier comf

Fox Kids didn't air any girly shows. That was all FoxBox/4Kids.

I stand corrected, yes it was 4Kids not Fox Kids.

Seeing these logos always fucks with me on an emotional level.

I miss when WB and UPN were separate channels. There was something comfy in watching shitty black sitcoms with the occasional Veronica Mars.

>because I watched TMNT during Teletoon's KA-POW block

Literally me

But then I'd randomly catch it on FOX Kids.

Dropped that shit like it was a hot potato when they went to the future.

Toonami was PEAK kids tv desu

youtube.com/watch?v=y3lsCIHnU9g
Name 1(one; ΓΌ-an) english intro that does more justice to its series more so that its original japanese intro

power rangers time force?

What did you guys think of Vortexx?

KIRB KIRBY KIRBY THE STAR OF THE SHOW

>not Teletoon
We are no longer friends.

An attempt was made, but it couldn't help being what it was: the 4kids block wearing a shiny new suit on its deathbed. What a shameful way for Saturday Morning blocks to end.

Also, they REALLY shot themselves in the foot with that edited version of DBZ Kai.

>mfw people watched the Kinnikuman and One Piece dubs unironically at any point

Even as a kid I could discern a decent dub from absolute garbage.

GONNA BODYSLAM THE HUMAN RACE

I thought One Piece was garbage for most of my life and consequently avoided it because of that dub and it's my greatest shame and regret.

I honestly liked the 4kids OP dub. They voices had character. I loved southern Robin and Brooklyn accent Sanji

Nick on CBS was a godsend to us kids that didn't have cable. It has Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Pelswick, As Told By Ginger.

Why is it that cable companies don't want to at least syndicate their shows to non-cable networks anymore? I was under the impression that syndication was pretty much free money for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=XjrkKJ3cHn4

I only had basic cable.

Cartoon Network Primetime
youtube.com/watch?v=kutONzsK9Cc

remember when you watched cartoons for the cool fight scenes? now cartoons dont do those anymore so you have to watch them in the news

Fight scenes are boring as fuck to watch as an adult. I can tolerate a bunch of stupid shit cartoons pull, but I tend to zone out altogether during those.

Teletoon mostly just had reruns of what you could find on ytv and foxkids on Saturday mornings

SONIC UNDERGROOOOOOOOOOUND

This theme brings back memories but I don't think I ever watched an episode.
Did they use intros as bumpers?

Science Court was a great show.

>you can't

ahem

You don't know what you got til it's gone

Snick was the shit. I think what helped make it feel so cool for a little kid was that it aired late, from 8pm - 10pm, which I mean is "late" for an elementary schooler. So it felt like you were watching something meant for cooler kids.

The initial lineup also ramped things up as the night went on, starting with something harmless like Clarissa Explains it All, then doing that weird experimental musical theater thing with Roundhouse, then getting really loud and crass with Ren & Stimpy, and ending right before bedtime with Are You Afraid of the Dark to spook the shit out of you.

A lot of thought went into that block and it's some of my favorite TV memories.

Who here remembers Righting Foodons?
or Cubix?

mfw I had the game for my CG even bought the Nintendo Power issue that talked about it.

>Been around for literally 20 years

I mean, you can't deny it's the most successful block posted in this thread.

Where were you when Saturday mornings were saved?

>kidsclicktv.com

Was hopin someone would post this

FPBP

>you will never again enjoy a Snick Snack

But only one of those shows is good.

Yeah, it's not like it produced a shitload of its own stuff in its heyday or anything...

>This was a thing
youtube.com/watch?v=Tpym4l5wRPo

On Saturday mornings?

>There will never be a Blu-Ray release of this show

It fucking hurts

Fuck yeah, SNICK.

I didn't have a bedtime on the weekend, so I was allowed to stay up as late on Saturday as I could (which, as my parents knew, would not be all that late for an elementary schooler no matter how hard I tried).

Snick was my lead-in to late night television and it worked so well because the block ended on Are You Afraid of the Dark. I'd transition from that to whatever horror movies were playing on Sci-Fi/TNT/USA. If I was REALLY lucky, USA Up All Night would be doing a Friday the 13th marathon and then I was fuckin set.

Every Saturday night was an endurance test of sugar and caffeine to see how late I could make it. The fuckin' best.

Speaking of that...
I can still hear the block's theme song on my head.

Yep, those too. Here's a sample weekend schedule from the early 2000s (April 2003 to be exact, just grabbed the earliest one I could find):
6:00 Eckhart
6:30 Blaster's Universe
7:00 Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?
7:30 What's New Scooby-Doo?
8:00 Mucha Lucha!
8:30 Ozzy & Drix
9:00 Braceface
9:30 What's With Andy?
10:00 Yakkity Yak
10:30 Phantom Investigators
11:00 Olliver's Adventures
11:30 Codename: Kids Next Door
Now tell me, how many of those shows are from YTV and/or Fox Kids? (And how many are Teletoon originals?)

Damn those all suck

How dare you, I grew up on them.
Okay some of them suck. But not all.

It had the best version of TMNT, though.

Why are these turtles always so much more ripped in still images than the actual cartoon?

Early Adult Swim when it wasn't as vulgar/violent/erotic.

>Home Movies
>Space Ghost
>Brak Show
>Cowboy Bebop

Sit up late knowing you have school in the morning to watch shows that, while undoubtedly adult in nature, weren't something that if your parents walked in on would necessitate you immediately changing the channel was comfy as all hell.

Wasn't a block but late night Cartoon Network on some nights:
>Space Ghost Coast to Coast
>Toon Heads
>O Canada
>Dragonball Z from before they got the episodes past Goku landing on Namek
>Late Night Black and White

I'm pretty sure all these would air one after another some nights and it was beyond fucking comfy because whereas you're getting all your zany comedy cartoons all day these were a mix of serious (O Canada), educational (Toon Heads), dry/obtuse (Space Ghost), old timey (Black and White) and crazy ass action unlike anything else on television (DBZ).

>Fight scenes are boring
get the fuck out of my planet

I'm not IN your planet.

(I may be on it, though.)

Yeah, laaaaaaaate night Cartoon Network, like in that 2am to 5am window for alcoholics and the unemployable, was some surreal shit.

That's when they'd play the weirdest shit from their catalog, like the obscurest shorts from the 30s or Wait Til Your Father Gets Home (a 70s Hanna Barbera sitcom with jokes about the KKK and teen pregnancy).

For a little kid who was wacked out on Jolt Cola just to stay up that late, it was a trip.

>For a little kid who was wacked out on Jolt Cola just to stay up that late, it was a trip.
No wonder you're stuck posting on Sup Forums now.

(Also, I'd literally never heard of that brand. Turns out the company went bankrupt... not a good sign.)