Superbro - Perez

Let's set up the scene. It's 2011. DC just announced the New52 (which reset the status quo in a unique way). Of the many titles there was Action Comics (penned by Grant Morrison) and Superman (written by George Perez).

While the series can't be faulted on giving you "bang for your buck" in terms of content on page requiring more than your standard 10 ish minutes (guestimating here).

I'll leave it to you all to form your own opinions. Hope you enjoy

Glad to see a familiar landmark.

=O

Tell more new 52 history
And post less cover swap variants those are the dumbest shit

All in all, the Superbro suit grew on me and I'll kinda miss it. Current suit is cool but I'd prefer a suit of "extremes" (new52 armor or full trunks).

New52 Clark was such a prima donna starting out.

I'd almost say there's more narration than Lobdell

I can't tell if Perez is purposely trying to write this story like one from decades ago with tons of exposition but that's what it is reading like.

Welp, looks like Morgan Edge is a cunt. Big surprise.

SHUT THE FUCK DOWN!
And to everyone, thanks for reading!

If someone could bump it'd be super appreciated. If not, I totally get it.

Did Rebirth deboot the WildStorm element from the main continuity.

>If someone could bump it'd be super appreciated.
UUUU

no, the Middy mini was canon

Put your name back on, Prof.

Didn't start the thread with it on and I already qued up all the pages.

That dumb bitch Pandora in the right of the middle spread.

Agreed, I actually liked the design back when it first came out, and don't really know if Supes has ever really had a bad design for his costume. T-Shirt Supes (both early Nu52 and de-powered) are GOAT though.

Before Rebirth, Superman's main title was a rotation of writers that all had their own takes on Clark and the rest of the characters that didn't always mesh. Perez is writing it like an old school comic. Jurgens is.....different. A departure from this style of writing but not necessarily a step up. And then we get to Lobdell who basically turns the title into DBZ with more crossovers than actual main-title issues (doesn't feel like an exxaggeration).

Then we have Johns that definitely brough back a level of charm to the book but his main storytline dragged on and on and on. Afterward we have new writer Gene Luen Yang that had never written a Superman story before and then shook up the game by exposing Clark's identity. Honestly, I felt like with every issue he became better and better and by the end was a riciulously fun title where Superman is a luchadore

Depowered Supes' t-shirt had a variation of the Fleisher symbol. I couldn't contian myself.

It really doesn't look like armor by that artist (or most of them really besides Rocafort & Jim Lee) it looks like thick leather which is a billion times better then cloth.