Wonder Woman spoilers

>has the most sheltered upbringing possible
>believes in mankind for 90% of the movie only because she thinks they're like she is
>literally gives up on Steve and the species the second she realizes the war was wrought by humanity
>everyone she saves is killed by poison gas
>kills Ares by absorbing his power from his bracelets and directing it towards him, a BS move which was never established prior in the movie
>waits out the rest of WWI in other theaters after killing Ares
>allows WWII to happen on her watch
>stands by and watches as Zod and his friends obliterate Earth (even Aquaman may have helped in this battle more than she did)
But yeah, because she smiles a lot I guess she's the perfect superhero

I can take all of that, honestly, if Gadot didn't seem so clueless as Wonder Woman. She just jumped from scene to scene with no emotion.

>>stands by and watches as Zod and his friends obliterate Earth

And do what? Kryptonians would gang up on her like a Japanese Bees on a Wasp. Hell, without Kryptonite, the only people that could stand a chance against Kryptonians are the Enchantress and her brother.

uh sweetie

>Injustice
I lol'd. Supes brute-forcing through everything gives him a disadvantage sometimes, but you are not taking on a ton of kyrptionians without some serious bullshit writing on your side.

>stands by and watches as Zod and his friends obliterate Earth
She still needs to travel mostly by plane. How long did the events of MoS even take? I forget if the Kryptonian ship entered Metropolis early on or just at the end when they started the dubstep.

I thought it was implied that WW can fly by the end of the movie as she jumps up into nowhere?

Lol

Opposite for me. I thought Gadot portrayed a naive woman pretty well. I just can't take how flimsy her ideals are and how the hell the gap between WWI and MoS even exists.
I'm aware, but why not at least try to assist Superman somehow? Some Wonder Woman is better than no Wonder Woman. And that still doesn't explain how WWII, the Holocaust, spread of communism, etc. all happened on her watch.

WW doesn't even seem to try to fit in with the rest of the DCEU. This may be why so many people like it, it's kind of its own thing.

>And that still doesn't explain how WWII, the Holocaust, spread of communism, etc. all happened on her watch

Well, she lost faith in Mankind. She just stopped caring. Why would she? Those little sick animals are fucking shit, they only touch their disgusting flesh sticks and kill people. It's all they ever do.

But how fast can she fly, and for how long? I assume if she starts in Paris, it would still be faster for her to book a flight.

WW clearly establishes that she lives and works in Paris while Metropolis is somewhere on the Eastern Seaboard of the USA. That's roughly a nine hour flight.

Look, the "final boss" fights in superhero movies are almost never good. It's the second act fights that are always interesting. Remember Norton Hulk where the military was trying all out all that military tech to stop the Hulk? The sonar weapons, the specialized guns, the suped-up experienced soldier that was clearly a better fighter than Hulk? You knew Hulk was gonna win, but it wasn't a stupid slugfest. Same deal with Batman meeting Heath Ledger Joker for the first time. Same deal with every Iron Man movie.

Same deal with Diana going into No Man's Land. You got to see how a demi-god dealt with the horrific WWI technology that was mowing down an unprecedented amount of people. As soon as it became a god battle I just accepted it for what it was.

It's a problem with the genre that's hard to overcome unless you put real thought into it and push for a different method.

As for the last three points, they are dumb. You don't know what she was doing in WWII. It simply wasn't established. Maybe she took Steve Trevor's lead and did her work from the shadows. And for Man of Steel, that's Superman's movie. There were fucking nuclear missiles used in the last season of Arrow, but the Flash wasn't there. Because that would cut the tension in half, and part of a superhero property is that 90% of the time, it's THEIR rodeo, even in a shared universe. Do you really want Iron Man to save Spider-Man's ass in every scene in his own damn movie?

>Do you really want Iron Man to save Spider-Man's ass in every scene in his own damn movie?

No, but the Casuals want it. Iron Man sells, RBJ sells. Who the fuck is Peter Parker? Who the fuck is Tom Holland?

>Who the fuck is Peter Parker? Who the fuck is Tom Holland?

He is fucking Spider-Man, a character who broke box office records. And Tom Holland was in Civil War, with audiences really enjoying the new actor and suit.

>No, but the Casuals want it.
Who gives a fuck? Are the casuals making threads for us now?

Her motivations were fine since she was basically a cult member who escaped a hippy commune into the real world. Her mom told her nothing but lies, from how she was created to how Ares corrupted man. Everything Diana knew was BS.
Her worldview crashed around her. Becoming withdrawn and detached is normal.

Casuals are stupid. Half the point of being an artist is that you know what the public wants before they themselves do. Iron Man 1 is a perfect example of this, actually. Did it give people the same old thing? Did it give the casuals what they wanted? No, of course not, it gave them something they'd never seen before, and it was a huge hit as a result.

No it wont. They are hooked BECAUSE of Iron Man.

No, they are making money for Disney.

Yes, but the exploitation of the stupid results in the acquisition of money.

WWI was already over. Germany signed the Armistice after she killed the general and Steve destroyed Dr. Poison's gas

And the whole movie was about her realizing that mankind starts its own wars. WWII was already going to happen, especially after Ares wrote that Armistice that he knew they couldn't keep.
She probably still helped fight in WWII but she wasn't as public about it as she was in Veld

Wow man, you're right. There's never been a well-liked Marvel movie without RDJ in a commanding role.

>Why didn't this movie address why the main character whose actress was not even cast yet appear in a suporting role of this older, shittier movie.
Butthurt Superfags are getting really tired.

Still butthurt at being called out the other day Kekekek Get over it snowflake. You were wrong then and are wrong now. You're now going from he acting, which everyone proved your causal ass wrong about, to plot holes relating to a shared universe in movies that already happened as well as events we do not know what she did during them. Grow up kid, you're still wrong,

>Maybe she took Steve Trevor's lead and did her work from the shadows
Will the Wonder Woman sequel be about secret agent Diana stopping the Nazis from using another god's power to give them an edge? Maybe it's the god that makes Cheetah a thing so there can be a Wonder Woman villain. Or even Paula von Gunther.

She uses that gauntlet counter on her aunt/mentor when she beats her in training as an adult.

Agreed she was a cute fish out of water.

>A baby!

she looks like she just discovered it existed and everyone hates her for it for no reason

Wait for a sequel in which Wonder Woman goes to space to solve a plot with the New Gods from 1930 to the 2010s, for Snyderfags to lose even more of their shit.

>implying women are useful human beings

exactly!

she was so sure that no ares = peace that people making an even bigger war without ares proves ares was right.

she's basically a child learning santa claus isn't real.

So she doesn't care about the hundreds of thousands of women who were killed and/or raped during WWII? Sounds about right

>Ares reveals himself
>expect him to shed his disguise and reveal a youthful face
>that's his actual face
>that fucking flashback

I laughed but during the battle he won me over.

David Thewlis is pretty great.

I'd be mad too if I spent my life turning in a buff badass bitch and a thin Israeli woman just pulled a win button out of her ass.

do we know 100% for sure that she wasn't involved in some way in these other conflicts?

She was beating all of the Amazons, including Antiope

But she was dumb and stopped to wave at her mom

No

HOW. DARE. YOU! Apologize now!

Only Guardians of the Galaxy. Any Earth based heroes NEEED Iron Man to sell. Both Thor movies were shit. Hulk was terrible. People went to see Starktron because he was a fun evil Tony. And CW was all about cap merica vs Iron Man. And Dr Strange made squat.

I've got to say, Diana's two moments involving tanks were both pretty hype, since moving around a tank is such a great fun demonstration of super-strength.

>those armpits

Strange did great for its budget. It didn't need to be some sort of billion dollar movie.

Also, you're forgetting Captain America. Winter Soldier made over 700 million. And Spider-Man is HUGE internationally; his merchandise sells more than any other superhero.

>criticizing how WW fits in makes you a Superman fanboy
Dude what? My criticisms are because WW just didn't feel like she went through the turmoil almost much every other hero in recent times went through. RDJ Man, Cap, Hulk, Bats, Supes, are all included under that umbrella.
I have literally never made a post about this movie before, and I complimented her acting ITT.

Even for all its flaws, its still the only DCEU movie that's not a hot, steamy mess

ITT: nitpicking over shared universe bullshit so much, user can't enjoy a stand alone movie.

Who cares if WW fits in with the other shitty films? The shitty films should have to fit in with the good movie. When the Prequels fuck up continuity, people don't blame the Original Trilogy for making mistakes.

Only my last point was about the shared universe.

What is Winter Soldier, fuckface? And Dr Strange and Ant Man were successes in their own right.

It's came upon Metropolis immediately before dub stepping commenced.

She probably thought it was just another war.
the public didn't know about the Holocaust until latee.

people forget that the internet wasn't around that time?

news travels much slower back then and propaganda is the norm (like the news of two japanese soldiers doing a beheading contest). if you play the jaded aspect, diana would have no idea how to procede without being a massacre machine herself.

that and for all we know she could've been back in themyscira or some other remote island to get away from humanity after WW I?

Why is Flash having a boner?

>What is Winter Soldier

Filler.

Speed force.

But OP, she's a woman.

I'm glad you're confident that your taste is superior to 89% of critics, and 92% of the audience.

But to the rest of the world, this whole thread is just you being an autistic sperg. Are you really that upset that the BvS thread didn't go your way last night? The rest of us were just having fun.

>loincloth
>no underwear

UNF

I really wish we'd gotten more moral ambiguity from the film regarding the nature of the conflict. Like, WWI happened for a lot of reasons. It would have been nice to see Diana being remorseful for the German lives lost, or even saying an old Amazonian prayer for them.

I'm still laughing about Ares' fucking mustache though. Like, c'mon, he's your Big Bad, cgi some shadows on his face and give him red eyes, please, anything.

They should have shaved it in the flashback

would the stache look work if ares was buff?

We should have never seen his fucking face at all.

Or, maybe he changes his face from scene to scene, taking on different aspects of the combatants, even looking like Steve to remind Diana that her lover is as much a part of the war as anyone else. The Face of War is the face of every man who's a part of it, from soldier to general.

I really liked the bit where he was just an image in the glass. A figure, close yet distant, that could fight her on a level other than physical by challenging her morals and forcing her to confront her culpability for the lives lost on both sides as a result of her drive to kill him.

We saw a bit of that when he was doing his best to copy The Emperor, lightning and all, but it felt shallow.

I don't mind a Big Dumb Superfight, but a little more substance would have been nice.

Not for me. I still love Ares' classic design, all blue armor and shadowy faced and glowering eyes. That said, it would have been good for them to have someone who could actually fill out that suit. Thewlis gives a good speech, but a God of War he is not.

still can't figure out why people can't accept a god of war that's not a body builder but a god of destruction being stick and bones is acceptable.

Flash probably timestop creampie ww errytime right before batman is about to put it in.

It was critic bait, just like Suicide Squad was normie bait. If you want a real superhero movie watch BvS. Who knows what they're going to do for JL? Critics, normies, fans? Who's going to be the target audience for that? Will they do the impossible and please everyone?

In reality doing a move like that would break her own arm while Superman tanks it easiy.

highlight text
ctrl + S
It's not hard

>And that still doesn't explain how WWII, the Holocaust, spread of communism, etc. all happened on her watch.
Well, without WW2 none wouod bother in creating Israel

>>waits out the rest of WWI in other theaters after killing Ares

WWI ended the day the movie ended.

Says the MarvelKid.
How cute.

Yeah, that was fucking hilarious.
I was totally fine with him being all unassuming Mr.British General Guy or whatever. Clever disguise!
But then in the flashback where he still looks the same I was like
>Thousands of years. For thousands of years, Ares, God of War has carefully cultivated that 'stache. He is the fucking Burt Reynolds of the Gods. Which might be redundant.

Yeah, the digitally deaged his face for that 5 second flashback shot, but left the super-Brit mustache in? They should have made him clean shaven.

Why is Wonder Woman's face manlier than Superman's?

WW's face was traced from the man giving the dick while Supes' from the bottom in gay video.

Nice post.

this right here

>92% of the audience

How autist can you be..
Show me the 170millions people sharing their toughts on this film.
Unless you consider the 10k Marvelkids that consistently praise anything Marvel on rotten tomatoes "82%" of the audience.

There's a lot of things wrong with the 3rd act, but WHY THE FUCK did they have to bring professor Lupin like that?

They tried to do the cliche "ha gotcha this guy you thought was a good guy is actually the main villain!" but it didn't work well at all, they should have just brought up Ares as a new character, after all they didn't develop him at all during the movie, except his story told by Diana's mother, we never actually get to see him before the last fight. I mean how the fuck do you want a good villain if he's just gonna show up at the end? Compare that to Batman movies where the movie literally starts with Joker doing his thing

>I really wish we'd gotten more moral ambiguity from the film regarding the nature of the conflict. Like, WWI happened for a lot of reasons. It would have been nice to see Diana being remorseful for the German lives lost, or even saying an old Amazonian prayer for them.

Yeah, it seems like the intention was to communicate that war is messy and complexand not a clear-cut battle between good and evil, especially with using WWI instead of WWII, so that the conflict could be more ambiguous, rather than "good guy Allies vs. bad guy Nazis."

But then, what you get is essentially "good guy Allies vs. bad guy Germans." Characters say some stuff that touches on the complexity of war, the the film doesn't really portray it that way.

You also have Wonder Woman realizing that the world isn't so simple that killing the one big bad results in misery and war ending, but then Wonder Woman kills the one big bad, and the very next scene is "EXTRA EXTRA: MISERY AND WAR ENDED!"

I really did enjoy the film, the most fun I've had with a cape film since TDK. It's not just that it's the first non-shit DCEU film, it's legit a good film.

But I think it would have been better if the ending was tweaked so that after defeating Ares, the war continued to be played out the same way it did in real life, and Wonder Woman just kinda resigned herself to realizing that such is life, and that even if saving star fish on the beach barely makes a difference, it makes a difference to the starfish you saved, and that's better than nothing.

I wasn't even sure if "General Ludendorff wasn't Ares after all" was even meant to be a twist, because it was overwhelmingly obvious that he wasn't. I mean, why would a god need human-made drugs to increase his strength?

I kinda suspected that Morgan was the bad guy, because they wouldn't take time to show us "look how nice and pure this tertiary character who is kinda just in the background and doesn't get a lot of screentime is! Wonder Woman immediately admires and trusts him, so you KNOW he's good!" if it wasn't meant to set us up for the twist. I guess I wasn't that disappointed that I predicted it, though. Predictability isn't the worst thing a movie can have, if it's other qualities are good. Plus, even though I had that thought partway through the film, I had forgotten about it by the time he came back, anyway.

Even though that part of the film was predictable, the movie overall wasn't, IMO. First time since the Nolan films where I legit felt like I didn't know what was going to happen next.

The other disjointed bit was Wondy unable to understand why people would kill each other for any reason other than "Ares made them do so", while herself merrily slaughtering Germans to get to Ares. The movie had ideas for a nice morally ambiguous conflict, but fucked them up in actual implimentation.

I still don't get why Ares needed Wondy on his side to kill all the humans, either.