Do you honestly expect me to form my own opinions?

Started watching watching RWBY on youtube as soon as it was uploaded(not going to watch on RT's shitty site). But after I stopped paying for internet after a small personal financial crisis, I forgot all about it.

Now that I've found it again I'm unsure if I really want to start watching it again.
>last thing I remember seeing were gun-chucks and robo autism.
>Really like the premise and setting
>Am continually impressed by the weapon design
Love the art style (when they actually bother to show it)
>but while I didn't hate any of the other characters, pic related was the only one I really liked. He seemed to be the only one who had their own thing going on and I really wanted to see him succeed. the only problem is he wasn't one of the main characters.

Should I bother picking this back up?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-28-developer-says-activision-had-valve-pull-its-game-from-steam-over-allegedly-stolen-guns
modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/109902-no-more-ferrari-car-kits
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No it's gay

It's everybody's favorite guilty pleasure, I recommend it only when it's actually having new episodes so the generals are greatly enjoyable, otherwise steer clear of it because it doesn't get any better.

If you have time and still curious about it, sure, Jaune is still around and as bullied as ever, though V4 has mixed feelings from the fandom.

The question I really want to ask is(without spoilers) if Hitler youth gets any amount of plot attention
>has development.
>becomes more central to the plot.
>has personal issues resolved.

Rwby is great the same way eating a can of cheeze wiz in your underwear is great. It's fun for the moment, but it'll be a secret you keep from your friends (Sup Forums) to your grave.

Personally I'm looking forward to more Adventures of Juane: Waifus and Gun-Chuks.

Jaune is definitely featured more in v4.
He is second only to Ruby.
I was a mild fan of him before, I like him even more now.
I want to give him so many hugs.

Thus far, season 3 is generally considered the height of the series.
4 had some good moments, but goofed by trying to tell too many stories at once.

This, RWBY is consistently entertaining but not necessarily because it's good.

>it doesn't get any better.
To be fair, it DOES, but not to the degree Sup Forums wants it to. The Stakes grow, they leave the highschool arc surprisingly early, and characters die.

RWBY's problem is it's staff are clearly dedicated to telling a decent story that genuinely gets better as it goes along, but don't have the budget, manpower, or resources to make it happen at any acceptable pacing. That's why the latest season, in spite of it arguably having the best quality control, is the weakest; nothing of import really happened, even though it DID make it clear they are aiming high.

I have a simultaneously good and bad feeling that RWBY is a work of fiction that's going to have some form of payoff for the many, many plot threads they are establishing over the course of a few decades, when only the manchildren that are obsessed with it will stay for the whole ride, or that RT is simply going to go for broke and destroy it with a half-assed ending that barely delivers on anything.

Lotta homolust for Jaune thanks to V4, it's fantastic.

I don't know how anyone watches that shit. I took one look at the shity animation and never looked back.
Most of the fans of RWBY seem to be huge weebs, so I don't regret my decision to never watch it.

>I don't know how anyone watches that shit.
because it's ridiculously easy to consume

>Those facial expressions
Jesus fuck, is this a scene in the show? Is it at least early? God... awkward.

It is, but I will happily say that sort of shit never happens again, it's actually in the first episode (which was a really bad first impression for the volume), not that it doesnt have some awkward moments, nothing reaches 'big headed anime laugh' degree ever again.

I want Sun to die. Or at least get a new weapon.

Will just proceed to drop these one here

I dont want Sun to die, but I do agree he should probably get a new weapon if they're just never going to have him use his gun-chucks ever again

They switched to a professional 3D program so v4 was the animators getting used to the new way of doing things

We've already discussed this over and over, it's just beating a dead horse at this point

Oh thank god... So, about what does it start at on a 1-10 scale and where does it go? I'm assuming a 4-6, given that anime stuff.

Here is a good question to ask. Do the actual "Main characters" ever get more interesting? Do they have their own shit going on? Am I ever given a reason to care about these sub 90 IQ retards.

Also does this show pull a homestuck and do nothing but ship-bait for seasons on end until a lackluster conclusion?

The user said that stopped a while and perhaps the some underage summer kids here may not know this

So you guys are still supporting a company that may have overworked Monty and the very same guy that engaged in outright theft but are getting away with it maybe because the original authors can sue, themoreyouknow.jpg

It's a bit of an...odd volume, and to be honest I dont know where to place it as a whole on a scale.

Someone already stated that the volume has an issue with story bloat which is very true, we're jumping around stories so sometimes episodes can be half good and half awful or just mediocre and okay, it's a very jumbled volume.

The grimm fights are all godawful, human fights are fun, new villains start out weak but majority, including myself, like them by the end.

I'd say it starts on a 6.5/10 and ends on a 4/10, gets better around the middle, it was very anticlimactic and a disappointing finale in my opinion

The mains are alright I suppose but the supporting cast are what you're really here for.
You've got the drunk grizzly sauve instructor type in Qrow.
You've got the two love birds who develop their romance slowly and organically in Ren and Nora.
You've got the love triangle (or quadrangle at one point)
The supporting cast are just generally more interesting that the 4 mains so there's that.

>Do the actual "Main characters" ever get more interesting? Do they have their own shit going on? Am I ever given a reason to care about these sub 90 IQ retards.
Soort of? Ruby isnt as interesting, Yang still has the thing with Raven, Blake has even more drama and so does Weiss, nothing really changes about them as characters to make them as interesting though, it really comes down to you personally if you give enough of a shit about these characters.

>Also does this show pull a homestuck and do nothing but ship-bait for seasons on end until a lackluster conclusion?
Not really in the show itself, it does deal with a bit of 'will they or wont they get together' shit.

Outside the show the fandom does deal with a bit of ship teasing, mostly from VAs, nothing from the writers themselves, and almost all with Yang x Blake.

They're different models of two very similar facial structures with a topology that was optimized by the same software and created using the same techniques. If two people both build diferent things to nearly identical specs, they're going to look very similar.

lol whatever, you know what? I will give you picture 2, fucking try defend 1 or 3 though

Yup still gonna buy the Roman Torchwick shirt and figurine.

>Overworked Monty.
Monty did that to himself.

Not sure if serious.

serious and let people know they got so far away with actual plagiarism, yeah I am

Tripfags gonna fag

>"Look! Look! They have the same shoes! That must be plagiarism!"

You might have had a point with bunny girl but everything else is just grabbing a handful of straws and screaming "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIIIIIIKE!"

I actually unironically liked RWBY at first, not so much after find out about this stuff

Dude your autism is showing

Alright, let's play double's advocate.
Fair.
Use.
While the models started life as the same asset, the intellectual property has not been infringed as the model and character have been changed substantially enough to be readily apparent they are diferent. Not to mention, do we know who created the original models? While the characters may belong to the producers of the original show, the wireframe models would belong to the artist. Who's to say the artist didn't ALLOW the use of his rigging and model knowing they would be modified into a diferent character? If the artist for RWBY was overworked and pushed hard to get the show out, why wouldn't he outsource work to get things dome more quickly and under budget?

he did that himself retard stop trying to make fake hate

guy there is lots worse than that stop trying so hard

Poor Berserk fandom

the fuck

everyone having more fun trying to fix this shitty show that actually praising it.

>fights getting shittier
>animation getting lazier
>story getting worse
>Ruby becoming Uchiha-level mary sue
yeah, it's SO much better

>Fair
>Use
try IP theft, art resource theft, & codetheft
stop being a lazy jew & actually make something yourself

>intellectual property theft
Lolnope, that's for characters, concepts, and stories.
>code theft
Did he program the 3D modellong software himself?
>model theft
The only thing he could even possibly see court over. That's assuming it isn't considered homage due to enough difference between the source and the publication.

In reality nobody is having fun

IP theft is what covers all of it, man. it's basically a nonphysical property like the model
the model doesn't exist without coding, ergo it's still codetheft & highly illegal
and considering that they're virtually the same stripped down like in then it looks more & more like lazy kikes like you just want to leech off everyone else's work

>like (you)
>literally said I was playing devil's advocate
Slow down hoss, I'm not even a content creator. Models are treated very similarly to patents. It's a design, a set of specifications that denotes an object. Just because that object is digital, doesn't mean it's not a design. Imagine BMW designed a van. Ford comes along, copies the design, changes a few minor details, then puts their own engine in it. They copied the work, they didn't infringe on the patent. Same thing applies here. The design was changed enough that it's not the same model, you even pointed out where it was changed, though you missed the ears. The model was used for a diferent character, meaning it isn't being marketed on the intellectual property of another producer or artist. Hate it all you want, ripping models, changing them, and using them in your own products is LEGAL. It's fair use. This is why DRM and data protection are important. If someone gets their hands on your raw 3D models, they can do what they want with it.

If those models were aquired through nefarious means THAT might be a crime. Good luck proving that, though.

>People still fucking refer to the protagonist of their own story as Mary Sue as opposed to some random insert character from out of nowhere

It's like if someone referred to Batman as a Mary Sue in his own comics.

Not every protagonist is a Mary Sue

you realize that the eye-power thing was what i was referencing, right?
adding onto that, she's supposed to be some ultimate master of "the most dangerous weapon in the world" & a mega-prodigy, where she's let into the school in spite of not being old enough to attend

fine, I'll give you that it might not be outright codetheft
in spite of the fact that it looks like you get virtually no difference in either model, it may just be a very close copy. in which case, that may fall into plagiarism, still illegal in IP law

adding onto it goes beyond how they acquired the models. this is apparently one of the main series of a very profitable entertainment company

they went full retail with this shit. you know it's made it's money

unlicensed use of models like this would institute copyright violations like marvel selling their own superman comics
if there is substantial proof & the people who own whatever IP is used figure it out, it's a no-brainer that they'll probably lose too much to recover from the lawsuit

>loses every fight

It's not where you take things from; it's where you take them to. We could say MMD or whatever weeb shit you're defending is the Nikola Tesla of 3D modelling or animation; in which their inventions and creations are popularized, but never in their name. Harsh truth, but you never see modern scientists debating about Tesla or Edison anymore, so you should probably do the same.

>RWBY's problem is it's staff are clearly dedicated to telling a decent story that genuinely gets better as it goes along
They're dedicated to keeping their cash cow healthy. None of them are worth a damn as writers or animators, nor do they aspire to be.

>everybody's

>Fair.
>Use.

If the TMNT cartoon used models from Konami's 3D Frogger platformer games as a base, people would flip the fuck out and the show would be pulled from air for plagiarism. RWBY only gets away with its shit because it's hosted online by the very people who produced it and has a massive cult of personality that defends Rooster Teeth to the bitter end.

Seriously, fuck off with your mental gymnastics.

actual 3D fag here
You should stop discussing things you don't know about and no, two modelers working to similar specs aren't going to produce ears with identical tris, they just aren't.

>People got fucked during the burdgeoning days of modern intellectual property (about a century ago), so stop worrying about people stealing intellectual property right now!

Just spank it to Blake and Yang.

>S1 shit
>S2 REALLY shit
>S3 first half shit
>S3 second half good shit
>S4 slightly less shit than S1, step down from season 3
That's the gist of it.

>if Hitler youth gets any amount of plot attention
all of it. literally more than the main characters. It's fucked up but up until "silver eyes" he was the defacto protagonist.

>Lolnope, that's for characters, concepts, and stories.
Whatever definition you're using, the original model had a license which forbade conversion to other formats which has been violated in this case. No, Monty and Shane did not model those characters, they brought them into Blender, did some minor alterations to their meshes and then exported them to Poser rigs either directly or in Poser's Setup room.

I've seen idiots here say Poser Pro can model. It can't and never did. The most it can do is take a figure in a T or A pose and allow you to rig it after you've selected regions and boned them.

The hair models are not trivial to reproduce and a competent modeler would not go to the lengths of autistically copying each individual lock when they could actually design a similar concept for a hair object (or if they were dishonest, just steal it and make a few tweaks).

Asset theft and reuse is a real thing. The Poser and DAZ communities have had stores where items were pulled for exactly this kind of theft. What noun you call it is irrelevant and you can't dance around whether it's theft or not.

>The design was changed enough that it's not the same model, you even pointed out where it was changed, though you missed the ears.

This legal principle doesn't apply to digital content like meshes or fonts and it never has.

>Hate it all you want, ripping models, changing them, and using them in your own products is LEGAL. It's fair use.

No, it's a violation of the EULA for these products, EULAs you have never seen because you don't work in this field.

>Here is a good question to ask. Do the actual "Main characters" ever get more interesting?
HAHAHA NO! it seems the only thing this show can't do is develop the damn title characters.

>Ruby is the same as when she started only her tits are bigger
>Yang almost got development, but was reset within like two episodes when something of that magnitude should've taken a season.
>Blake regressed cause her whole shtick is still completely invalid because not only has she become a cat stereotype, we still haven't seen anyone but villains be racist against faunhaus meaning the problem isn't systemic discrimination it's terrorists fucking up the world because assholes exist.
>Weiss...well who fucking cares about Weiss? She has this dilemma with her powers but it's established that her powers will work when it's convenient. So now all that's left of her is "I miss muh friends." next season ends that.

>only her tits are bigger

H-how much bigger?

not much bigger

MANTLE DID NOTHING WRONG

Disappointing.

It gets a lot better after what you'vce seen, volume 1 and 2 are shit, volume 3 is pretty good, volume 4 is decent.

Just remember: Oskar is /ourguy/ now

here's an example, fuckwit
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-28-developer-says-activision-had-valve-pull-its-game-from-steam-over-allegedly-stolen-guns

I like it, it's fun.

You mean Ozcar

Shut the fuck up Boco

> inevitable Sup Forums car analogy, designs are free man free
modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/109902-no-more-ferrari-car-kits

Revell isn't competing with Ferrari but they are profiting from the work of Ferrari's designers and car kit manufacturers (in countries that enforce laws) license kits based on real cars from the cars' manufacturers. It's just good business and probably ensures getting official design art to work from.

3D vendors of cars don't bother with this and the car companies have in all likelihood written them off as not profitable enough to spend money on suing, but the manufacturers are completely within their rights to do so.

She usually wins against Roman.

In volume 1 he escaped from her in the first episode and immediately BTFO her in the last episode. In volume 2 they destroyed his mech as a team, he was able to push her around when she was captured and then he was beaten by Blake, not Ruby. In volume 3 he and Neo were beating her effortlessly and when it came down to 1v1 he was still wiping the floor with her until unrelated lazy writing took him down

The last time Roman was winning, he literally got fucked by outside forces for Ruby to beat him.

I doubt there would be a lawsuit if the creator of the assets ever came forward. Most likely they would take a settlement, if one was offered. They wouldn't even get very much in a lawsuit, if anything, because these things that were apparently stolen are peripheral and any decent lawyer can argue the fair use angle infinitely better than one random user on a Burmese sculpting forum. RT wouldn't take much of a hit in publicity either. Their fans are dedicated and as an outside observer I don't even see it as much of a big deal.

There's also the possibility that RT could prove they didn't steal anything. These images are incriminating but far from damning.

V4 is shit, but V3 is pretty awesome. So I'd say yes.

For those who haven't seen V4:

Weiss is the only charcter who got actual consequences for their actions. Weiss lost access to her fortune due to her actual dickhead of a dad. Ruby hasn't gotten shit, and while Qrow is getting buildup to die, he hasn't yet, and probably won't. Yang lost an arm but got a robotic one, but has PTSD which will be forgotten soon enough. Blake just went home and is now against the White Fang, the same group she joined before the series.

That moment when you realize RWBY has better overall animation than Berserk.