What's to fix?

Don't make his main weakness wood

>weakness was wood
>made him gay

its like a start of a bad joke.

I would make him straight again

>I would make him straight again
Yeah, like that would change anything.
The problem with NU52 Alan and the other JSA heroes is that they are not old timers anymore.
Hopefully, they will at some point bring them back. I just hope it will nt just be some cheap bait and switch before having a glimpse of a blue dong.

First of all, scrap Earth 2. Have him be the first Earthly Green Lantern. The catch is that his power didn't come from the Guardians themselves, but it was an off-shoot Proto-Lantern that was "thought lost", but made its way to Earth.

Make him be active in the 40s, with his Proto-Lantern and cheesy attire. But because the Latnern was a prototype, it was far too powerful and unstable. So he ended up getting sucked into the place where the Lantern's power comes from.

So he emerges, years later, as this "neon-God" bathed in Green Energy. So he looks like a mix between his Kingdom Come & Earth 2 versions. He's also pretty young, because he got sucked into the Lantern, so he didn't really age.

Pic-Related is a Hal redesign but it's close enough to what I'm talking about.

By bringing back the JSA as a whole, instead of the sole Alan Scott (and Jay Garrick for that matter) being the Earth-2 ones.

We've already seen Johnny Thunder and Jay. It just needs to foreshadow Alan and Wildcat, and we're cookin'.

Alan is my favorite JSA member, i like him the way he is, i hope they will bring him back

>He's also pretty young, because he got sucked into the Lantern, so he didn't really age.

he already that power

that would be cool.

Apparently Alan has been teased in JL, but I've no idea how true that is as I'm not reading it

Bring old Jay back.

Get rid of Jim Lee, he seems to have a personal hate boner for him & his fans.

He literally told a retailer conference during the Nu52 rollout that anybody who didn't like young gay Alan Scott? "We do not WANT them as our fans."

No, some anons belived he was going to appear in JLA but it was another guy

this

but i'd rather that the Starheart (the magic of his lantern) just made him immortal so he looks like 35 when hes actually 110 or something

bring back jade and his gay son too, they were really nicely done chars

that's not the issue here

Make him the original superhero of Gotham again

Quit with the gay thing already. The man nailed the Harley and Ivy of his era

Good ideas all around user.
Truth.

Somehow I think it would have made more sense if Alan's ring was some experiment of Volthoom to make his own copy of a GL ring using magical energies and stumbled upon the starheart to do it.

Or made something that can magically use the green spectrum instead of needing to bother with the Oan's central battery.

There are lots of ways to have him acquire a ring that works almost exactly like a GLC one but is not a GLC one. Other aliens might have been trying to make a decent copy for centuries. The Qwardians have been trying for a millennia

It was a different time.
Better, or worse, than the "Daddy's little monster" Harlequin?

he is perfect already

There's nothing really to fix. His classic version is a great character already, and the younger Earth 2 version was fine until Robinson left and everyone got fucked over the subsequent Batman/Superman wank and repeated attempts to destroy the universe.

All he needs is a writer that gives a damn about the character and an opportunity to pop back into the main universe with a new story.

It really pisses me off to no end that Alan Scott as Gotham's old timey hero isn't canon anymore. Hopefully Rebirth will correct this.

I don't want to live in a world where this story isn't canon.

Let's hear it for having the balls to reference Year Two

Bonus points for referencing Little Paris from Ostrander's Gotham Nights vol. 2!

And that's that. All hail Alan "Based" Brennert.

Do away with his rich history in DC, make him gay, and as hes the original Green Lantern, make him a LIVING LANTERN, its perfect, what can go wrong

Alan, what happened to you?

good stuff

Recoil in horror how Alan Scott was "fixed" before

Utterly fucking horrible

This is so fuckin good, thanks user. Awesome that they even referenced the Reaper from Year Two. Always wondered how he and Alan coexisted as Gotham's pre-Batman vigilantes.

I actually really liked this

Thanks user, this was great

awesome instant save

Alan Brennert actually wrote another story, that's collected along with his other Batman work, about the surviving JSA reuniting for the original Black Canary's death by natural causes, and he reveals that Alan put on the ring one last time to put the fear of God into the Reaper, and that's the REAL reason why the latter left Gotham City.