What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MV73UQzaSqE
youtube.com/watch?v=IlTS3shn5VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It became so topical that a lot of the humor got dated very quickly.

They dropped a lot of the more absurdist humor the first few seasons had that I loved so much.

Honestly, I don't think a lot went wrong until last season. They tried to do a topical story-driven plot and they wrote themselves into a corner when DT won the election. It probably would have been a better South Park season if Clinton had won, but whatever, it's almost certain that Trey and Matt now know not to do that again.

Basing eps on realworld issues means not only is the show kinda dull (as well as a hamfisted mouthpiece for m and t's own political views) but also long hiatuses while waiting for someone/thing to ridicule. They need to go back to creating instead of mocking.

I generally liked every season of the show until last season where they made it one big 10-parter, and on top of that, made trump and the election a big part of it. I'm hoping they learned from such mistake in the upcoming season.

Stopped watching the show ages ago.

Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole are the only parts of the franchise I care about since they appeal to the nostalgia of the earlier years

this is good insight, I can agree

I'm sure everything will be right once Season 21 ties into the game

I wish.

they thought Hillary would win and fucked up a whole season

It could have been decent otherwise
well, that and the memberberries went nowhere

It probably will considering the game releases during it.

>inb4 another delay

This. every episode had some "epic" cliff hanger that turned into nothing, it was not fun waiting for this season to be finished and I kind of wish I just watched it when it was all out and finished. Worst season imo

Show was a lot better when they were absurdist and created bizzare concepts from smaller ideas.

Plus i think people were just sick of literally everything turning into political commentary that year.

They started doing other shit like their movies and their musicals. Took most of the creative juices away from the show.

Also, they keep shoving their childish libertarian/anarchist political drivel into topics that don't need it at all.

They've always based episodes on real world issues the problem I have with it is rather than it being one thing that annoys them per episode they're doing entire seasons around one or two subjects now. If they really wanna have a continuous story they should just do one two or three parter per season rather than have it be the entire season because you can only throw the same few jokes at me so many times before I get bored of them.

What if they add the new kid to the show.

...and every time the camera is away from and switches back to them their physical appearance changes?

I think the games are perfect examples of why I think the show should drop the 6 days thing, especially if they want to continue having story arcs.

i was surprised how good SoT was. kind of wish it was a little harder tho

Fractured But Whole looks ever better, since the rpg-combat is now more like the style of Live A Live.

How does playing as a girl work in the new Southpark game?

Not too mention those horrible running gags they tried to give meaning to by adding them in the plot.

It decided to be be based on topical humor meaning that going back to older episodes will be rough to rewatch.

It stopped being a crude, wacky cartoon about four level-headed kids dealing with the world and life with toilet humor here and there, going on adventures and screwing around, and became Academy-Award-baiting tripe where every episode has to be DEEP, PHILOSOPHICAL, SATIRICAL AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING, while Matt and Trey drag out every single joke (the "wiener" thing from the Black Friday Trilogy).

Also, Cartman was better before "Scott Tenorman must Die." I liked him better as the really obnoxious fat kid who got shit on all the time who you don't feel bad for because he deserves it. Now, he's a serial killing psycho mastermind completely immune from any punishment other than getting a scolding or a grounding every now and then.

Cartman never really loses anymore

Also, because they keep focusing on current events the creators' stance of just liking to shit on ideas so they can sniff their own farts and claim to be smarter than both sides becomes really apparent in some episodes.

There's actually cartman fanboys who react with shocked disbelief if something bad happens and he doesn't immediately turn the tables.

youtube.com/watch?v=MV73UQzaSqE

Its laughable but at the same time mindboggling.

I miss the little moments with him like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=IlTS3shn5VI

pretty sure they're just fucking around at this point, waiting for comedy central to cancel their show already

Kyle never sucked Cartman's big, fat, sweaty, balls.

Which was better, the time Wendy beat the shit out of Cartman or the time PC Principal beat the shit of him?

The one where Wendy beat the shit out of him is a classic.