War of Jokes and Riddles

What are the odds that this is where Kind finally turns it around? A fresh start could be all he needs; I just really want this series to be good

After a year of a pretty average book overall I'm not gonna hold my breath.

INB4 "your a Snyderfag who just doesn't get Batman", he wasn't good either.

King needs to do more street level Detective stories if his Batman #23 is anything to go by. He should cut down on his high octane action hero plots and replace them with street level pulp along with the overarching plot he's going for.

> [...] needs to do more street level Detective stories

Isn't this what Sup Forums says of every non-Morrison bat writer?

I'll take an average book instead of more Snyder.

Yes, and they're right. Only Snyder, King and Tynion seem to be the Bat writers who keep on writing these action block busters.

As much as I agree with you, I feel like that's actually what most readers want. Just look at how easily much of Sup Forums eats up the hype for any big event

Why do people bracket an ellipses?

Also, I don't know if it's what they say of every non-morrison writer but the ones since him are th only ones we can bitch about while they're writing.

Would it be so hard for snyder or king to go a year without "THIS IS GOING TO FUCKING KILL BATMAN, THE ROBINS, ALFRED AND EVERYONE".

Just have batman want to save some girl from sex slavery or a mob boyfriend or something. 6 issues, bats v mob, bats v guns, bats punching a sentient solomon grundy up for being a mod bruiser.

Theres so much to do and yet they always fall back on "LETS MAKE IT WORLD ENDING BUT WITHOUT THE JUSTICE LEAGUE".

Superman is 10 miles away across a river. He can literally see everything happening in Gotham. Just help one in a while and tell bruce to grow up.

>Why do people bracket an ellipses?

It denotes a skipped section of text

If Gotham isn't about to explode, then what's the point?

>Civil war: villains edition
>Good

I admire your optimism

No, that's what an ellipses does.

Putting it in a brackets is unnecessary.

From the MLA guidelines:

>Place square brackets around ellipses dots to show omission of words or phrases in a quotation

>King's Batman isn't good
>Snyder's Batman isn't good
>Batman isn't good
>Fiction isn't good
>Existence isn't good

Why are you here?

Let me guess what's going to happen: Some dumb conflict is going to arise
Joker and Green Joker (because that's what Riddler is these days) are going to try and have a civil war event.
Most villains are not going to care and no one important will die since this is a prequel.
At the end, Green Joker loses because Joker is going to Mary Sue his way to victory.
And Batman has to stop them both and prevent everyone from offing the Joker so he can send his boyfriend back to prison.

There, that's the event in a nutshell.
You don't need to buy this.

From the Sup Forums guidelines:

>Just fucking greentext the bit you care about and ignore the rest

It's almost like that's how the character works best or something, huh?

Except when Mignola writes him, I'll never stop loving lovecraftian horror Batman

He also ignored the MLA rule about not needing an ellipsis at the beginning of a quoted section.

>If you don't like these two runs on Batman you must hate the character

Did you start reading in the new 52 or something?

it's almost like you dont read comics or something

There is no follow-up to the wedding proposal. You see Bruce and Catwoman in bed on the last page (having fucked apparently) and he wants to talk about his past or something.

This takes place before the proposal, in the first couple years of Bruce's career.

I used the ellipses to imply that any author could take its place

No, I started reading with OP's thumbnail.

I'm pretty sure he was just referencing MLA to point out that the brackets around an ellipsis does in fact denote omitted text, not to imply that Sup Forums posting should follow MLA formatting...

I need those action hero plots cut

maybe if it didn't have Janin on art

I'm pretty sure those same guidelines say that you don't put an ellipsis at beginning of a quote, regardless of bracketing.

Lol, I love that if you happen to see IGN's comment sections the faggots are fellating the art.

This. I think they might have gone on record saying it was year two-ish.