Billy and Mandy

Why was such a fucked up show shown to kids?

Because kids deserve to watch some good cartoons every once in awhile.

what exactly was fucked up that you're upset about?

Kids weren't a bunch of pussies back then?

HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS GEYES

Because unlike you, most children aren't absolute pansies who can't handle mildly grotesque imagery.

Billy and Mandy was never outright crude or profane besides common toilet humor. What are you talking about?

It's weird, but it's in line with kids' natural affinity for gross or grotesque things. As you grow up, you learn that you're not supposed to belch in polite company or make things with your food but as a kid, when adults tell you things like that, you just think, "why the heck not, it's fun!" The fact that adults are grossed out by what you like just make things even better.

It's hard to draw the line between stuff that are gross and fun, and stuff that are just repulsive. When I was kid, Billy and Mandy was fine, but Ren and Stimpy felt way to edgy and mean spirited. Tom and Jerry was tons of laughs, but Looney Tunes always felt mean spirited to me. It's different for everyone, but there is a line.

Kids are excited by the macabre. That's why we loved Courage and Billy and Mandy growing up.

Cartoon Network's policy: giving content for spoiled and fucked up kids, just like Nick is targeted to chads and cool kids and Disney is somewhere in-between, plus gays.

Maybe their show is so much crude in it.

I've been rewatching it lately and it wasn't really that fucked up.

I absoluely loved it
It is still my favorite cartoon comedy

You're insane, Tom and Jerry is a million times worse in that sense than Looney Tunes. It's so abusive, it should have been banned from TV.

Oh, no. Toilet humor! No wonder the kids of today are so poorly adjusted.

Toilet humor is pretty shitty, though.

hahaha
get it

Seriously? You missed out on things like Ren & Stimpy and Cow & Chicken? How is that a surprise?

>back then

Billy is a creepy jerk
And Mandy is a lazy bitch.

I liked the show, but holy shit, mucus/fart/poop/pee 'jokes' need to be purged from comedy as a whole.

NO FUN ALLOWED

>disgusting shit
>fun

They weren't

I've never felt that, even as a little kid that sorta shit grossed me out.