Damn

damn...

Wrong comparison you idiot. Compare it to Avengers 1 & 2.

Well second pick much better (and still awful)

I see autists are still hung up on the civil war name huh

>Using still images to compare something intended to be viewed in motion

Why are you like this, Sup Forums?

oh god, i threw up a little

WOW That CGI aged very quickly

you should go rewatch the airport battle

>Three FUCKING DCEU vs MCU on Sup Forums

Samefags shitposting on both sides all day every day.

Our mods are absolutely fucking abysmal. I'm honestly sick of seeing human feces from Sup Forums and their inane shitposting.

Stop shilling your shitty post.

>CGI always looks like shit about a week after the film comes out
>practical effects age well and help the film remain in public memory
Is the latest uncanny looking CGI really better or much cheaper than hiring a bunch of stunt guys?

Stop ruining our board

Why are you comparing the JL movie to a TV show?

He is comparing the frames and the composition.

It looked like garbage at the time. It amazes me how fucking blind half of cinema-goers these days are.

>literally "tumblr:the nation" with bronze weapon defeating high-tech aliens
>it's supposed to be good

Yeah a full on War against an alien invasion looks more impressive than 8 people fighting?

No, cgi can look good, iron man 2 was the peak of the Mcu, after that it went to shit, civil war had 10 sfx companies involved and it showed. Inception and stranger tides are where Hollywood in general peaked, Snyder is pretty good using cgi because he doesn't try to make it feel realistic and instead chooses a more oniric/dreamy look, but that also plays against him in general. The only truly bad cgi in DC movies is in Mos, computers can't render how qt cavill is. The future of cgi isn't cheap Indian Studios trying to be photo realistic but more artistic and creative uses of it, more 300 and less 2004 hulk

what's that
is it like a quip

Many of them only watch pop corn bullshit. What I don't understand is how anyone who likes the Mcu mocks Micheal Bay, when Bay is a better director than anyone involved in the Mcu and is one of the few that manage to work composition and fast cgi action. At the same time.

>Snyder is pretty good using cgi because he doesn't try to make it feel realistic
As the Doomsday fight showed us

Try the montage. It's intentionally oniric. But it clearly doesn't mix well with fast action, that was a bad call from. But the entire point was that they were larger than life. The more they interacted with each other the farther they are from our sense of reality. The montage is beautiful, and the batman vs superman fight is fine, thanks to neither of them having superspeed at that moment, but the oniric stuff goes to hell when you have doomsday in. Anyone calling. The cgi shit doesn't know what he is talking about. Doomsday designe is shit, the cgi was killed by the oniric filter, but the cgi itself was good.

...which should be different because it's a different type of scene.

CGI tends to only look good if it's propping up practical shit, like if something is animated with good mocap. Even Bay uses a lot of practical effects in the TF movies and that all looks very solid.

It hardly ever looks close to good when trying to emulate living organic beings without irl mocap or an actor base for support, though.

>Many of them only watch pop corn bullshit.
>Bay is a better director than Branagh and Waititi
>modern Bay's composition is good
>Bay's fast cgi action is good

Not to say that MCU movies' action scenes don't have their issues but come on.

Regardless of the type of escene that looks like shit, that is an objective fact and you don't need to defend it even if you liked the movie.

It's a still from a shot that lasts less than 2 seconds, and it works in movement and in the context of the characters literally coming face to face in conflict. It's ridiculous that the entire composition of the movie is judged on that regardless of your general sentiment on the movie's cinematography.

I don't even like CW but the focus for one full calendar year on that one screencap is beyond silly.

What was there?

Intro fight scene of AoU.

>both wars
>one is a real one and the other one is a parking lot scuffle

>it has "war" in the name so it must be an actual war for real despite featuring only a dozen characters who aren't even enemies proper
I bet you thought Batman v Superman was going to be mostly a movie about a trial between two jewish men.