Mickey Mouse

>DuckTales 2017 wasn't allowed to use Mickey Mouse
>He's starring in his own shorts
>He has his own children's show

I mean, what else can you do with the little guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/161603447316/do-mickey-andor-goofy-get-a-cameo-or-mention
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They should make a proper movie with Mickey Mouse, lord knows it's long overdue. And don't give me that direct-to-DVD shit Three Mouseketeers.

...did ducktales EVER use Mickey?

I've had an idea of Mickey and Minnie (or Donald and Goofy) visiting the most popular Disney fairytale movies and see how they're doing after the movies. They'll transition from 2D to 3D.

Nope, the only Disney Afternoon cartoon that ever used Mickey was Bonkers but he wasn't even shown, just in a cage.

They could always make the Roger Rabbit prequel where Roger and Mickey fight in World War II.

>DuckTales 2017 wasn't allowed to use Mickey Mouse
Wait what? Did they confirm that?

But more importantly, why would you want anybody other than ducks or duck related characters in DuckTales? It's not like the old days when Donald wasn't in the original series

>>DuckTales 2017 wasn't allowed to use Mickey Mouse

Well uh, technically... uh, nah

suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/post/161603447316/do-mickey-andor-goofy-get-a-cameo-or-mention

This is DUCKtales tho, so I don't think it's necessary for Mickey to appear

His shorts are perfectly fine, but a proper movie like said, is long overdue

It was probably for a "The gang teams up with Mickey to deal with the Phantom Blot" storyline.

They should just finally make that Noir Crime Mickey Mouse movie already, this shit is long overdue.

>Nope, the only Disney Afternoon cartoon that ever used Mickey was Bonkers but he wasn't even shown, just in a cage.

They weren't allowed to show him OR reference him by name. He had to be addressed as "the mouse" and could be seen only in silhouette in one scene.

It was an artifact of Eisner's marketing plan, that Mickey could never appear outside Disney World unless it was a special occasion like a theatrical short.

So you end up with shit like that Bonkers episode, a Disney cartoon that has to dance around the existence of Mickey Mouse.

Make a "who framed Mickey Mouse" movie

Was he ever in the original Ducktales series?

That'd actually be something cool

No.

He wasn't in the Barks comics, either.

I'm not sure why people are whining that he won't be in the new series; he's never been a part of it in any incarnation.

But they could show Donald and Goofy just fine. Maybe because they had shows of their own around that time.

I mean, it was a thing that got a little more relaxed over time.
So you have Duck Tales where Donald is forced to only be a guest star, but by Goof Toop and Quack Pack it was okay for those two to have starring roles.

Eisner dialed back his "no Mickey, Donald or Goofy appearances outside of the parks or special occasions" rule gradually, mostly due to a whole generation of kids having no connection to the characters because they never saw them anywhere.

Goofy got his own show in 92, Donald got his own show in 96, and Mickey was the last hold out, getting his own show in 99.

Why was Eisner so retarded? What made him think that was a good idea?

whats that saying? Make sure an idiot can run the company, because eventually, one will. Well that idiot is Eisner.

He thought that it would drive attendance to the parks (which weren't doing well in the 80s) by making them the only place where you could see Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

But it backfired, because after 15 years of nobody ever seeing the characters, there was a generation of kids with no connection to them. So why would they want to go to the parks to see them if they don't give a shit about any of them?

That's why Goof Troop, Quack Pack and Mouse Works were hurried out during the 90s, as a quick way to try and reintroduce the characters to kids before the connection was lost forever.

They should make a Mickey Mouse series based on comic stories. Adventure, mistery, villains...why dont use all this?

is there a way for a person pitch a mickey mouse comic to disney at all or would they be carl barks-ing up the wrong tree? i feel like a comic is 0.01% more attainable than an animated series

>Donald
>Not in Ducktales

He's literally in the first episode. What? Aside from that his being away was literally the setup/reason for the premise of the show(the triplets going to live with Scrooge)

You keep him hidden. The alure of only seeing him on special occasions makes everything he appears in seem to be worth that much more. Especially when it concerns theme park ticket sales.

You'd have to go through one of their licensees like IDW, Fantagraphics or Joe Books.

But even then, no publisher will read an unsolicited pitch due to legal reasons and will dispose of them without being opened/read. It's a "don't call us, we'll call you" industry.

If you don't have an insider connection with one of the publishers, you're locked out.

He wanted to make money but didn't really understand Disney.

Well, Eisner WAS in charge during the Disney Renaissance of the early 90s, so I guess he can lay claim to the credit for that.

But shit like Euro Disney Land will always be on his record.

i figured. gonna have to suck a few dicks i guess

Are mice even allowed in Duckburg?

I like Mickey, but he really has no business being in DuckTales at all. At most, maybe getting an off-hand mention by Donald, but that's it.

Because they're from Italy. I don't think the bosses at Disney ever read those comics.

should be commission the show to someone that know these comics.