What makes Star Vs. so liked but Steven Universe so hated here?

What makes Star Vs. so liked but Steven Universe so hated here?

Other urls found in this thread:

graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt1305826
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>No forced drama
>No pretentious ass lore
>Likable MC
>Tumblr, but not to the level that SU is
>Actual writers and not tumblr artist pretending to be writers
>No extensive crying scenes
>No fakeour shitty resolutions

SU's morals are weak, falsely sanctimonious, colored deeply by the Writer's personal politics, and espouse Steven's weakness as a virtue. Star vs. doesn't. Also, less filler, better pacing, and actually good consistent art.

Quality.

Star Vs artstyle isn't as repellent as SU's

Star is less chauvinistic toward males. In fact, it's fairy conservative in terms of morals family-oriented cartoon, as almost everything Disney makes, while SU is a full blown feminist shrieking nightmare.

Wanna know how I know you haven't watched SU?

Because the writing and directing in Star Vs is miles ahead of SU. Like take the characters for instance; the cast in Svtfoe actually progress and evolve into different characters as the series progress, while the cast in SU are either downgraded into shells of their former selves or reamin the same constantly bitching about the same flaws they had since S1

A volatile cocktail of autism and contrarianism.

Because I don't watch garbage?

The writing and characters probably.

>Likable MC

This. Steven is such a little bitch.

Well then I guess you're not the authority you claim to be on SU's content, then.

Star Vs has actual character development.

SU- Mediocre writers who want to create thought-provoking lore but then lack any follow through, pander to silly ass tumblr fans, underwhelming reveals and twist.

Star Vs- Writers that know what they want to do and actually deliver, minimal pandering for tumblr, minimal filler

Because his opinions don't match yours and /sug/'s?

Pandering to lesbians doesn't excuse how horribly executed Steven Universe

To summarize what a lot of people have been saying in this thread, it's probably because Star is more moderate in it's themes/characters/ and even fandom.

SU is kinda all over the place both figuratively in the show sense and literally with the fandom.

I'm not a fan of either show but I do appreciate how more mellow Star as a show/phenomenon is.

Both shows are overhyped by their fandoms though.

Because SU has been out for far longer.

The moment Star has been on for another season or another new show grabs Sup Forums's attention, they'll turn on Star. They always do.

>Starfags

They can't stop hating us! Probably because their show is failing!

>muh victim complex

falseflagging should be a bannable offense

As a fan of SU, this, essentially.

SU is a good show but the fandom hypes it to death and treats it like something its not, and their raving of lesbian romance and inclusive themes, while not necessarily displayed in the show itself, really put new watchers off the show because they don't like that kind of baggage. Before people jump down my throat at my mentioning of "not necessarily displayed", I mean that the show doesn't show the themes Tumblr thinks it sees.

I like SU because its relaxing and I enjoy the style and the gem shenanigans. I don't care for shitty fandom drama. I'd imagine I'd enjoy Star vs, but it just doesn't strike me in the way SU does.

I'd say people like the main characters and writing more

Nope, just a pattern I noticed. Every single beloved Sup Forums show gets turned on in this board. You guys will find some flaw, blow it out of proportion, and shit on it while praising a newer show.

This has happened before, and it will happen again.

Steven Universe doesn't understand escalation.

>I dont know what im talking about, but I can parot memes. Plz think im cool.

People who watch both shows on other sites overwhelmingly call SU better. Even Rick&Red, a review channel that lost like 10% of its subs for saying SU had a lot of filler and that GF was better admitted that Star just delivers less

This place is contrarian and they have no real reason for liking things. The reasons in this thread are very clearly bullshit anyways. Chauvinistic to men my nigga? Are we talking about SU?

I like SU way more that Star. It's pretty much just a chill show with lovely backgrounds and nice tunes to me.

The fandom is some fucking cancerous shit for both shows, though.

I just hate the characters in SU

>"""""characters"""""

And god forbid you try to have discussion threads on OLD SHOW when NEW SHOW is currently airing.

You're a fucking newfag. Name 5 shows this happened to.

Nefcy is a turbo autist just like Sup Forums, which makes her /ourgal/ and the show ended up N O T being garbage like most expected it to be; almost like a red herring.

Star is Nefcy's idealized version of herself at 14, Starfan13 is how Nefcy actually was at that age, however Star is barely functional and more often than not commits a lot of mistakes by not thinking things through, it does feel like a coming to age story in which Nefcy shows how what we want to be is not always what we have to be.

To top it off there's cuckqueaning.

>ass blasted suMale

Damage control.

yeah dindt the SU fandom make some girl kill herself?

Nefcy
>posts art of Star in a "feminist" shirt
Sugar
>posts saucy art of the gems

Wow, really makes ya think!

I think the only character in steven that actually got some real development was connie. She actually transitioned into a fairly capable fighter. Now if only steven could do the same...

People always bring this up and, while its terrible, isn't an indicator on the show's quality. I'm sure we can all agree that the SU fandom is awful, but fandoms generally are and people really should stop using that fact to prop up arguments as to why SU is a bad show. The show itself has actual flaws, we can focus on those.

Cause unlike Sugar

Nefcy actually knows how to keep her animators in check so the characters stay on model for every single episode

The crying that happens isn't forced like SU

Plus Sugar could have kept Lapis and Peridot closer to the temple but instead she went back to square one by almost never having them show up all the time

fuck off, I was seriously asking

Also doesn't SU have some of the most vicious shipping wars? I remember like a year ago where tumblrs were just cannibalizing each other for some of the most benign stuff

1. Adventure Time
2. Gravity Falls
3. Steven Universe
4. Rick and Morty
5. Samurai Jack

Then the answer is no. But some artist "attempted" suicide over Tumblr which really speaks volumes of the maturity of both parties, really.

Star Vs is liked? It's just plagued by obnoxious shipperfags but most people outside the general agree that the show is nothing special. Sup Forums hates SU mainly for what it stands for and the people it attracts, the show isn't for anyone but Sup Forums's hatred for it has more to do with the people who like and praise it as something special than the quality of the show itself.

To be honest Rick and Morty always got shit on even on it's own threads, but it was a sleeping giant seeing as how fast the seasons went, they really turned it up to 11 with the april's fools thing and the constant youtube shilling on the following weeks.
Blame the players not the game.

Star is using its drama to expand and explore the universe it created.

SU decided no one cares about the fantastic world and races they created and decides to focus on normal humans instead of plot.

Lack of focus.

Jesus the characters in SU are fucking ugly.

>Adventure Time
Ginuely went to shit

>Gravity Falls
Only started getting genuine hate during season 2B

>Samurai Jack
What new show came along? People only started shitting on it when Ashi became a main characyer

The MC isn't absolutely insufferable.

>Mouth movement independent from the lips

>and espouse Steven's weakness as a virtue

Yeah right.
The show makes it pretty clear that his empathy and pacifism don't work and are going to get him and everyone killed someday. Even his mom had to resort to violence.

How is Star vs. conservative in morals?
It's got a pantsy male lead, an aggro female side whose a magical princess and her mother runs what's basically a matriarchy. All the main villains are male sans Heinous.

>AT
>went to shit
that's, like, your opinion, man

It is fairly unambitious in its themes, has a focus on personal relationships rather than ideological conflict and works with magic insofar as it makes ots workings confusing and contradictory as to not lend itself to big reveals and theorising.
Development is limited and focuses on Star and Marco's relationship, or lack of one.

>No forced drama
They are literally making a young teen lady boner into a big deal, "I'm a 14 year old that thinks my classmate that I meet some months ago hot ohhh what now :DDDD"

>Ginuely went to shit
Nope it just pissed off shipper and lorefags so they fucked off to SU and then when that show pissed them off they fucked off to Star Vs

It's multiple people's opinion too

Sup Forums is more interested in shipping wars than good storytelling.

More at 11.

>Development is limited and focuses on Star and Marco's relationship, or lack of one
pic related doesn't think so
and Tom too, and I guess we're getting Toffee soon too

>Ginuely
Alright junior, it's time to log off now.

They're good shows Brent

Korra
Samurai Jack
Gumball
Loud House
Adventure Time

So you refuted his point by re-stating his very point thus proving him right? How clever.

that still doesn't make it a fact though does it?

So it's basically "I can't distance a show from it's fandom"

Fandoms are a cancer that you should just ignore tbqh

You left out the two most important. No lesbian rocks and no fatass faget of an mc.

>multiple people

You mean shipperfags?

Except that argument doesn't really work in SU's case where they hired people from the fandom to work on the show

>Judging the quality of the shows by how hot the creators are

SU Fandom, the suicide incident aside isn't even that bad. Star vs fandom is leaps more horrible and toxic, it's a disgusting cesspool of bile that even Sup Forums doesn't want and the mods are constantly trying to control so it's toxicity doesn't spill over.

I'd rate it among one of the worst fandoms on here since the Equine one, it's really really hard to undersell how awful the Star vs fandom is.

Yeah

Nigga it was a boring slog of pretentious shit nobody could care about, remember Orgalorg? I fucking don't.

>Korra
This turned to shit in its first fucking season
>Samurai Jack
Season five was a legit dissapointment
>Gumball
Was never big here but most of Sup Forums agrees that its a solid show
>Loud House
Was never good and a lot of backlash is because of its fanbase

>works with magic insofar as it makes ots workings confusing and contradictory as to not lend itself to big reveals and theorising.

In the first season I could see this in that the magic was often the "excuse" used to kick off certain plots.

Would no longer say that when the second season embraced the magic aspect of the show and gave its workings greater focus.

No, many thing S5 was a low point.
graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt1305826

Unless people are making enough threads to fill up 2/3 of the board or spreading it to other boards, then it's not as bad as the equine one.

You know what has done the first one of those though? Korra

I would actually dig it if pearl had the one true war machine as her signature weapon

Because Greg.

Yeah, I like THe Loud House, but primarily because it's the only low concept cartoon about just kids being kids on the air right now. It would fit right in with any after school lineup, and would have been completely average and forgettable if the current lineup wasn't so high concept across the board. Clarence is the only comparable show I can think of right now.

>Loud House

Nobody cares about that show. Also Korra went to shit as well.

It's the same autist pussies who were somehow traumatized by multi-colored horses and are now shaking in their boots at the sight of multi-colored rocks.

She's also potentially the most powerful thing in the universe and heir to a royal interdimensional empire. The entire theme rests on this contrast, how despite being what she is, she's also a dumb selfish girl with a lot of problems and teenage angst.

SU does this similarly but to a kid who is a heir to a rebellion opposing said empire instead of ruling it and with pacifism instead of horrendous Shakespearean character flaws.

I haven't seen anyone shittalk OtGW to any significant extent.

Fan base. Give it a while and Star will be just as hated.

Why is her art style so shit?
Like, as growing artist myself I look up to artist that actually bring something new or interesting but her artstyle seems so dull and lifeless
No amount of flowy lines can cover up your shit talent

>imdb

>t. star fandom console wars faggots
I knew it was only a matter of time until Starfags threw the Loud House under the bus to protect their shitty show

It turned out some other girl basically orchestrated the witch hunt to settle a personal vendetta against the artist in question. It didn't just happen, it was deliberately cultivated.

But isn't that part of the point?

I much prefer Star VS but in SU a great deal is made out of the Gems immuteability. They cannot change, humans can. There might be no character development for Gems because they are simply unable to and that's a writing decision they made.

This is of course completely undermined by Lapis and Peridot and all the other Gems changing. So maybe they just have shit writing?

>1 hour special and 2 more seasons
>failing
Uh...

>Samurai Jack

I can't think of any new show that came to fill its slot, and to be fair season 5 did experience an absurd dip in quality about halfway through

Her old AT era art was pretty good.
Ever since she started SU she's kind of degraded.
Zircon is such a shitty generic design that wouldn't even have passed on Adventure Time.

Oh boy another upset loudfag, nobody cares about TLH on Sup Forums except pedos

>the Loud House is only ever relevant when it reaches for progressive points

Sad.

It's honestly SU's stop-start schedule that encourages constant shitposting.

Have a better metric for judging opinions of the show?

Objectively? Probably my opinions

Not using the same site that gave Korra an 8.6

Not a SUfag or Starfag here, nobody cared about your dumb show, the fandom are just people that wants to fuck the little girls and the most atention it got was this week when the lesbian episode happen.

>the fandom are just people that wants to fuck the little girls
>Saying this in a thread about SU and Star Vs