Welcome To The Wayne

The first episode released online yesterday. What are your thoughts? Is it the next Gravity Falls?

mega.nz/#F!URQWHLRT!FD8_YrUbxK-WJZcC97LnTQ
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzprmLosXsaMUlI0OURLVmVQSnc/view?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/tsb6i74y6fqzx/WTW
turbofastwiki.tumblr.com/post/162032706612/ive-been-thinking-about-how-much-i-love-this-show
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>References the pilot
Don't know why they would do that if barely anyone has seen it.

Yeah, it's a shame that the actual show starts two weeks in where Ansi's already kind of adjusted to the wackiness. They should air the pilot more, if they've even done that.

Nice, checking it out.

$20 dollars Nick ships it to Nicktoons after one season to be euthanized.

Any links to the pilot?

Just on a cursury browse the characters and writing and setting aren't anywhere near as strong as Gravity Falls. The snappy humor is replaced by Nickelodeon brand "it's not annoying, it's ENTERTAINING!" quirk-shit. I need to give the whole episode a runthrough soon though.

I gotchu covered familia
mediafire.com/folder/tsb6i74y6fqzx/WTW

They invested 3 years and probably a shit-ton of bucks into this show. They won't back down.

Intro is fucking awesome. Series itself seems ok enough so far. Saraline design is great.

aw shit thanks yo

Exactly, I loved how fluid the animation looks, there are only a few exceptions in certain scenes where it looks choppy, but nothing bad IMO.
The problem with the first episode is that it was too rushed and it assumes you watched the pilot.
But the plot itself has tons of potential, and characters as well can be greatly developed.

You say that except this shit happens all the time.

You could have said the same about the Loud House back when the first episodes started airing. Nick understands that Spongebob and FOP must be killed and replaced with new stuff. Hyping up a 22-minute format show with lore is no small step. They are trying to change their perspective on things.

Thanks.

It was pretty good, though the designs for people is seriously off-putting. Clara showed that just making the ears properly-colored can improve the design immensely.

Ollie's super annoying, though. They're not sure if they're going to make him the quirky sidekick, or the dumb one. So he oscillates between both.

Maybe they solve that issue in later episodes, I'm for now interested in the remaining characters to see. The official instagram spoils some shit.

What's wrong with him being quirky and dumb?

What'd they spoil?

Nothing, though dumb characters in kid shows are usually super obnoxious and annoying, and barely contribute anything.

It seems like they're trying to make him competent, but still quirky and silly at times. That's good. But then it feels like he flipflops between that, and the stupid I described earlier. I'm hoping they gear him towards being competent but silly as they start to iron out his character. Otherwise, he'll be insufferable.

No it doesnt. Sanjay and Craig had 3 seasons, Loud House is a sucess. Harvey Beaks is the closest to getting this and it still got two seasons and over 100 episodes

This is just Nick's old reputation shadowing it still. Though I cant understand them moving FoP to Nicktoons when someone who worked on the show confirmed the ratings werent bad

Some short scenes from upcoming episodes.
I may sound bitchy but I'd rather watch everything in the full episode instead of short previews

That makes sense actually.

Fanart when? I see a serious lack of fan-content

There's only one found on Tumblr.

turbofastwiki.tumblr.com/post/162032706612/ive-been-thinking-about-how-much-i-love-this-show

Nice, hopefully other drawfags and writefags join.

Pilot was pretty cool. I would really prefer they just say "Welcome to the Wayne" instead of using that acronym.

>male main characters
people will start drawing when they realise the show is good

bump?

For some reason I find the last ten seconds of the intro really catchy

I predict that tumblr will make a shitload of lewd, gay, and crossdressing art of the brown dude when they find out about it.

good

It's what happened to Dipper from gravity falls and I don't think they'll take to the chubby redhead.

I actually never liked/cared about any of the lewd art relating to Gravity Falls, which is why I pretty much never browsed gfg

Because the show itself was bad. Chloe, the theme song, and the move to flash were mistakes.

That's because you're not cancer, user.